Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Renaissance Robot posted:

Faintly in the distance, Death By Glamour begins playing.

To be honest, I was thinking "K-pop, but occasionally if the stars miss a step or hit a sour note they dissolve into a mass of shrieking worms, kill the rest of their group and nuke the stage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I can see Gog-Agog as that club owner who has a new hairdo and outfit every night, only it's a new face and body.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Poltergrift posted:

To be honest, I was thinking "K-pop, but occasionally if the stars miss a step or hit a sour note they dissolve into a mass of shrieking worms, kill the rest of their group and nuke the stage."

Probably more accurate, for some reason the word maven set me thinking of mettaton though :iiam:

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Would anyone be interested in a PbP game of Broken World?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd have to actually sit down and read the rules, but that might be good incentive to do so. Sure!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I had never noticed that has Alison named Princess...Esq, that the key was flamed up. Nice.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update. Location, and source, of the ship revealed.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So looking and Princess and Cio there are subtle things on their body/voices that don't jive with a blue devil, Both of them are likely far far more powerful than any normal blue devil thanks to having been ebons and going straight from black to blue (herp herp yes a joke.)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Definitely the explosions

Will never grow tired of the patter of the the crew here I think :3:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Allison's stolen sword is also present.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You'd think Cio would stop getting shocked that Allison has no idea what she's getting herself into.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I'm impressed by whatever painkillers they have Allison on because she seems pretty together given how little time it's been since being stabbed repeatedly.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Andarel posted:

I'm impressed by whatever painkillers they have Allison on because she seems pretty together given how little time it's been since being stabbed repeatedly.

No painkiller like indomitable will, and no amplifier for indomitable will like the key of kings.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I want to know more about the life and adventures of Warlord Accountants

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Well firstly, autism

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Archenteron posted:

I know nothing about Warlord Accountants. Would you be satisfied with Frontier Psychiatrists?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Mr. Lobe posted:

No painkiller like indomitable will, and no amplifier for indomitable will like the key of kings.

"At that, the Centurion, who had been waiting to kill someone all morning, sprung forth with a lustful, sputtering cry and drew his sword. But although he far outmatched Het at skill with the sword, he was a very poor swordsman. He got a few good cuts in on Het, which she bore for the rest of her life, but she was filled with the terrible fires of Will, and he was not. The moment she got a good blow on his over-swollen sword hand, it was over. He whined like a dog as Het gave him a thorough beating."

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

God, you can see Princess ETC. just... seething as she peels that carrot.

Ten bucks says she was supposed to help cook, but peeling carrots was the only thing she could reliably do (since Ebons generally don't have to cook for themselves, I would imagine), so she's just sitting there with her little knife, working through the vegetables with agonizing slowness, fantasizing about Vladoking out on the entire skyship.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

With resources flowing in from hundreds of thousands of worlds, how does throne deal with inflation?

quote:

There’s no single currency in Throne, so trade is done in guild scrip or whatever currency is currently available, and the whole thing often dips into bartering. The most valued and stable currency is the guilder issued by the Grand Dragon Bank of Mammon, but it is not available for most people. Most of the time it’s a terrible mess. Exchange rates can change depending on what city block you’re currently visiting.

quote:

You already did a relative power ranking on each of the Seven. I was wondering where they fell on the Melee-Magic-(Tech?) side of fighting. Mottom is shown using a lot of magic (since she is older than dirt.) and you've sort of hinted at Jag leaning more towards beating you to death. Where do the others fit, both now and during the Universal War?

quote:

They’re all badass martial arts sorcerer kings. I think Mottom in her youth could probably bust out some serious kung fu. I may still have her do that, it’s just not in her character at the moment.

Solomon is the best at fighting, outside of Jagganoth. Jadis was a very powerful wizard king, Incubus is a sword master, and Mammon was not a natural fighter but it didn’t matter due to his prodigious size.

The real odd one out is Gog-Agog, who gets by on her peculiar physiology. Even Jagganoth would have a hard time with her. She would be the strongest demiurge if not for her flights of fancy.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

You'd think Cio would stop getting shocked that Allison has no idea what she's getting herself into.
More likely that Cio has TOTALLY LEGITIMATE and PERSONAL reasons that she can't be seen anywhere near the Treasure Fortress, reasons WHOLLY UNRELATED to her alleged past as a Larcenist and Plunderer Extraordinaire, accusations which have never been proven I might add, so why don't we forget this whole Treasure Fortress nonsense and move on to sexier and more exciting heroine business, OK?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Poltergrift posted:

God, you can see Princess ETC. just... seething as she peels that carrot.

Ten bucks says she was supposed to help cook, but peeling carrots was the only thing she could reliably do (since Ebons generally don't have to cook for themselves, I would imagine), so she's just sitting there with her little knife, working through the vegetables with agonizing slowness, fantasizing about Vladoking out on the entire skyship.

She's going to turn into a pillar of salt at this rate.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

God that's a lovely image of the ship and throne. Getting End Of Empire Strikes Back vibes

So with Throne the size of California, how big is the Red City?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Poltergrift posted:

I would be down

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

MikeJF posted:

God that's a lovely image of the ship and throne. Getting End Of Empire Strikes Back vibes

Isn't Throne the name of the disc-world itself, and the Red City the name of the city that covers its expanse, making them essentially the same size?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hiveminded posted:

Isn't Throne the name of the disc-world itself, and the Red City the name of the city that covers its expanse, making them essentially the same size?

The red city is the many-tiered plateau in the middle.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Pureauthor posted:

I'mma just say it but I'm pretty drat sure Cio also hates the fact Allison seems to be on a quest to save her boyfriend. Like, it's established Cio's into Allison, that she has a narrative in her head that doesn't match up to reality and that it involves Allison being a big drat hero but I think the twist is that Cio wants Allison to embrace her key and become a ruler like the conquering kings. I think the Hero Cio wants to make out of Allison is more like a title and doesn't exactly involve actual heroics, especially not rescuing boyfriends.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Poltergrift posted:

heck yeah

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

MikeJF posted:

Is this some canon detail, Throne does not look to be anywhere near the size of California. There was a huge spread of the whole thing and I'd be surprised if it were bigger than, like, Boston.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
the internet archive version of the original cyoa only goes to the second page. Is there anywhere the adventure is maintained?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

Is this some canon detail, Throne does not look to be anywhere near the size of California. There was a huge spread of the whole thing and I'd be surprised if it were bigger than, like, Boston.

800 million people live there. It's pretty big.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

So essentially Gog-Agog would be an Aesma-tier murderhobo if she could actually focus her burning will on loving poo poo up and not thinking about how she should maybe reduce the size of her nose a bit and fund that play by that author down in the Whirling Quarter and

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

So essentially Gog-Agog would be an Aesma-tier murderhobo if she could actually focus her burning will on loving poo poo up and not thinking about how she should maybe reduce the size of her nose a bit and fund that play by that author down in the Whirling Quarter and

I'm looking forward to the chapter where Allison teaches Gog-Agog that she doesn't have to copy the other demiurges, because the burning will was inside her all along.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Poltergrift posted:

I'm looking forward to the chapter where Allison teaches Gog-Agog that she doesn't have to copy the other demiurges, because the burning will was inside her all along.

Allison teaches Gog-Agog to be independent and self-assured, then watches as every worm tries to go its own way and Gog-Agog is no more.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm reluctant to assume things like that, because for whatever her (it?) weaknesses, she's still one of the top seven Kings of Heaven.

Maybe she'd be more powerful if she could focus more. Maybe it's exactly her lack of focus that led her to come out ahead at the end of the war.

Begemot posted:

Allison teaches Gog-Agog to be independent and self-assured, then watches as every worm tries to go its own way and Gog-Agog is no more.

Basically, this.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

For those of you who were interested in Broken World, I've put up a recruitment post in TG.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

I'mma just say it but I'm pretty drat sure Cio also hates the fact Allison seems to be on a quest to save her boyfriend. Like, it's established Cio's into Allison, that she has a narrative in her head that doesn't match up to reality and that it involves Allison being a big drat hero but I think the twist is that Cio wants Allison to embrace her key and become a ruler like the conquering kings. I think the Hero Cio wants to make out of Allison is more like a title and doesn't exactly involve actual heroics, especially not rescuing boyfriends.

It's to her credit that she's been supporting her crush despite her intensely dumb and annoying actions, though. Despite her obvious agenda, Cio definitely feels like one of those sorts who's got way more of a conscience than she'd ever admit.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Motherfucker posted:

hmm? hmmmmm???

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Also, hey I called it! Mammon was the one Cio stole from.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

hmm? hmmmmm???

Cio needs to ditch her husband and get with a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

On the subject of Gog-Agog: during the Second Conquest and shortly afterwards, her look is sort of a "grim reaper" thing: faceless green robe, scythe, thin fingers. It's possible that she was most effective during wartime, the Conquest, and that when the war was over and people asked her to be likable, she started working constantly on likable bodies and personalities, which is why she became an entertainment maven and dropped off in effectiveness so sharply.

After all, it's easy to construct a body that's good for killing and a personality that enjoys it; it's significantly less easy to use worms to build a body and personality that aren't gross and weird, and she clearly hasn't worked out all the kinks, what with her mimicking the personalities of the other Demiurges during their concordance.