Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Death Priest posted:

No one knows, but Adrian got at most 6 months for mutilating a body and tampering with the crime scene, so Lana is likely free now.

More importantly though, I'm wondering why Angel Starr was not given her old job back since as far as we know, the only thing she was fired for was seeing through the real culprits.

I read it as yet another old character Capcom
won't refocus on
Angel was so disgusted by the corruption and loss of her coworkers/friends she has no faith in the system being properly rebuilt, also as after working in such a traumatic field it was probably downright refreshing just to sell lunch to people. Kinda reminds me of Guy Eldoon taking over the family business after being drummed out of his original career. Come to think of it, a lot of characters lose their original jobs and end up working in food in some way in these games.

Too bad it would be too similar to Blackquill, but Lana Skye could be a great prosecutor foil to Athena in AA7. Maybe she distrusts psychology in that it could be used to sway witnesses into fake memories/false testimony (considering how Gant gaslit and manipulated her for years).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I remember how Rayfa seemed like a serious, no-nonsense kind of character when she was introduced.

And then she's calling people "phoney baloneys" come Case 3.

Rayfa is also the best new character in AA6

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I remember how Rayfa seemed like a serious, no-nonsense kind of character when she was introduced.

That's good

checksin posted:

Ema would never cheat on me, her boyfriend

Welcome

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like Rayfa's portrayal as a dumb sheltered teen who constantly gets dunked on by everyone around her

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terper posted:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

Sorry, but Datz exists.

It's very close tho i'll grant you that

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That was always a thing, she pretty much started on that path when she got kicked out of case 1.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Lana being the prosecutor in the next game is... actually a pretty awesome idea. Built-in cool backstory, built-in distrust for the system and psychology, built-in drama with her relationship with Ema... honestly, I would love to see her come back filling that role.

It also helps that Rise from the Ashes is one of the best and most memorable cases in the series and practically no one would be against building upon it, I don't think.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah, I'm totally on board with Lana coming back to the fold against Athena. would make for some good story. I wonder who will be Athena's assistant? If they have a case in Khura'in, I hope Apollo's assistant is Alhbi

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Pearl charges Athena's locket with spiritual energy and it becomes capable of reading people's minds and visualizing their memories through their emotional distress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Interesting character concepts from the visual book:

The big wall of Nahyutas

Maya actually looks like an adult!

Gaspen's got a bit of a role model...

GO BACK TO NATURE! You tell 'em, Pees!

At one point, Bonnie was more of a Katie.

I think I saw Datz on a t-shirt once.

(Case 5 spoilers) Armie had a lot of concepts.

http://i.imgur.com/RdoApbY.jpg

Dhurke had a lot more of a revolutionary look to him.

Mr. Reus, or Tao Pai Pai to his friends.

Archie Buff, or The History Teacher From Persona 4 to his friends.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Calico Heart posted:

Lana being the prosecutor in the next game is... actually a pretty awesome idea. Built-in cool backstory, built-in distrust for the system and psychology, built-in drama with her relationship with Ema... honestly, I would love to see her come back filling that role.

It also helps that Rise from the Ashes is one of the best and most memorable cases in the series and practically no one would be against building upon it, I don't think.

Rise from the Ashes is definitely in the top 3 of cases and Lana would be a badass prosecutor, but I think that, again, they'd like to avoid referencing any other game and just have new content for the next game. Ema is the one exception to the rule and she owns but I don't think they'll do it again.

e: ^Those are good but I think Mr. Reus looks better in the final version. There's not a single thing I would change about that character, actually.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 17, 2016

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

God, all of those Nahyutas are so much better looking (though i love the sash that made the final cut)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

jarbv posted:

God, all of those Nahyutas are so much better looking (though i love the sash that made the final cut)

Yeah, I agree, but I feel I know why they went the way they did. They didn't want to make it too obvious that he is Dhurke's son. Making him take on Amara's features also helped with the reveal in a way..

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hottest Nahuya is steepling fingers, page left.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The final case of AA7 will be Athena vs Franziska in German court, with the judge's inexplicably German brother.

Klavier is not mentioned, nor does he appear.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Raserys posted:

Klavier is not mentioned, nor does he appear.

Well yes, it's actually well established in canon that Klavier is not German and is simply putting on the accent because he is the loving worst.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Klavier will be the victim.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The culprit will be Quercus Alba again. Once they realize he's guilty everyone in the courtroom falls into silent anguish

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waffleman_ posted:

Maya actually looks like an adult!

You have strange ideas of what happens to a woman's figure after she turns 18.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well she at least doesn't have just pretty much the same design she did in the trilogy except maybe she's taller.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I always thought it was weird that everyone acts like Will Powers is super ugly when he just looks like a dude instead of a fresh-faced anime teen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah it would've been nice if she dressed a little different.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There were also a bunch of takes of her with different hairstyles.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Pick posted:

I always thought it was weird that everyone acts like Will Powers is super ugly when he just looks like a dude instead of a fresh-faced anime teen.

Will Powers is a shy cutie.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Will Powers is a shy cutie.

Agreed, and the finest dude in AA1-3.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Will it eventually get to the point where Maya looks younger when she channels Mia

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

She's already older than Mia was when she died gently caress I'M OLD

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

jarbv posted:

I don't really agree. There are a couple good ones there, but I think the one we actually got looks pretty good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nahyuta's design and animations are top tier. Shame about his character.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pick posted:

Will Powers is the most handsome man in the series.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Nahyuta's design and animations are top tier. Shame about his character.

I wish his design was less white one way or another, he's just one solid mass of light. Which I guess is the intent to his design, making him look like a blindingly bright, godly figure, but it doesn't really work for me (the "game cover" for SoJ drives it home, it's easily the worst looking in the franchise to me).

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 18, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

gently caress, it took me way too long figuring out Pierce's name pun. Persnickety.

:negative:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Klavier is a cool fun character. Dunno why he's so hated when he's bursting with personality and from what I remember not an outright rear end in a top hat. After playing a game where the prosecutor has all the character of a bowl of oatmeal I dunno how you all can poo poo on Klavier so much.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Klavier is hated because he's boring and has no character arc, for the most part. He's not bad, but he doesn't serve his role as a prosecutor well and he's not particularly likable either. That said, obviously your mileage may vary on the subject.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Klavier is hated because he's boring and has no character arc, for the most part. He's not bad, but he doesn't serve his role as a prosecutor well and he's not particularly likable either. That said, obviously your mileage may vary on the subject.

I think the worst part is that in AA4, he has an obvious possible character arc that is never really expanded upon. The dude clearly has huge pressure coming from his brother, I mean, the guys sport almost the same haircut, but they only have a couple lines between eachother. What a shame.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

Klavier is a cool fun character. Dunno why he's so hated when he's bursting with personality and from what I remember not an outright rear end in a top hat. After playing a game where the prosecutor has all the character of a bowl of oatmeal I dunno how you all can poo poo on Klavier so much.

Because he doesn't play a large role in the story due to 4-4 being real bad and it makes him not leave much impact. Like, even compared to Nahyuta.

Also, people just aren't fond of a court opponent who is solidly on your side and never really gets too distressed or upset when you overturn his argument, since he's in this for the same reasons you are.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Klavier, while being annoyingly helpful in court, never ever comes to respect Apollo as a lawyer, which is just another part of why Apollo has no character arc in his own game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Klavier, while being annoyingly helpful in court, never ever comes to respect Apollo as a lawyer, which is just another part of why Apollo has no character arc in his own game.

Nobody respects Apollo though tbf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's true, least of all me.