Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

A Pretentious Owl posted:

I'm so happy that it seems like scaling EXP gain is back. The pokemon you temporarily catch in the catching trial gain EXP even though your Greninja doesn't, and my level 31 Rockruff just gained more than my level 34 Yungoos in the same battle. (I'm bored as hell, seeing if i can level up this Rockruff for the hell of it) Sorry if that was a revelation made pages ago!

Nope don't think anyone mentioned it, and it's pretty great news!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I can't wait to have a team of garfields

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So the scaling exp now takes into account the pokemon's current level?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm just about done with my nuzlocke of the demo (current team: ash-greninja), and is there any way to get the pokemon catching nugget without breaking the "one pokemon per area" rule. even if you count the top and bottom grass patches separately that's only two :(

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

i'm just about done with my nuzlocke of the demo (current team: ash-greninja), and is there any way to get the pokemon catching nugget without breaking the "one pokemon per area" rule. even if you count the top and bottom grass patches separately that's only two :(

Did you catch a pokemon in the both the top AND the bottom patch of grass in the catching event?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

teams no longer need a dedicated flyer, or surfer, or anything. the future is here, and its beautiful

also that UB catching ball looks awesome

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

oddium posted:

Dont think there is any restriction like that, I just caught stuff at random till out of balls and got it first try.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Should I applaud them for taking 7 generations to figure out that HMs are a poo poo mechanic?

Now to see how they handle Sparkling Diamond/Lustrous Pearl when Gen 4 was the nadir in terms of HM bloat.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Now to see how they handle Sparkling Diamond/Lustrous Pearl when Gen 4 was the nadir in terms of HM bloat.
Uhhh... use the ride system they currently have for SuMo?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

Did you catch a pokemon in the both the top AND the bottom patch of grass in the catching event?

yeah but you need three i think

Avalerion posted:

Dont think there is any restriction like that, I just caught stuff at random till out of balls and got it first try.

it's a nuzlocke rule unfortunately and I think i've already bent it enough. oh well

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The yeti crab is the snowman

It's a Snoconut Crab :)

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

yeah but you need three i think
Well you've already voided your Nuzlocke run for catching two pokemon in the same area and you are now trash.

How dare you besmirch the grand tradition of Nuzlocke.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it was theoretical !!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

Not really????

Hell I thought you were talking about this one

Which looks way more like Wimpod 2 imo.

That's just another Zygarde isn't it? It has the same normal and shiny coloration as the other forms.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

it was theoretical !!

You admitted to catching one in the top and bottom when I asked.

Hand in your Pokemon Trainer licence.

E:

Deified Data posted:

That's just another Zygarde isn't it? It has the same normal and shiny coloration as the other forms.
It's an UB all right. Reminds me of Etrian sorta design.

Oh god I hope Zy isn't a UB. It'll be your mom or something.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Should I applaud them for taking 7 generations to figure out that HMs are a poo poo mechanic?

i hope the rock climb pokemon is Machamp, i want to ride on his impeccable muscles

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
The protagonist's vacant expression throughout the events of the demo is hilarious.

*Wild Hakamo-o charges*
:downs:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i think my favorite part of the demo, and probably the game when it releases, is how the team skull grunts walk

beatboxing and stylin' all over the place

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Oh poo poo, no HMs means I can finally put Gligar on my team without needing another Flying or Ground type. ...and I just bet it's not in the regional dex. :(

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Last Celebration posted:

Oh poo poo, no HMs means I can finally put Gligar on my team without needing another Flying or Ground type. ...and I just bet it's not in the regional dex. :(

Well, supposedly the shiny dex list was the regional dex, so... Have fun not having it :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah the regional dex seems to be a bit of a step back from X/Y. 300 vs 450.

And really heavily weighted against Gens IV and VI overall.

:(

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
did that list that got posted a while back happen to have volcarona

i forgot to check for it and imgur is blocked at work so i can't check now, thanks

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

boy are my arms tired posted:

did that list that got posted a while back happen to have volcarona

i forgot to check for it and imgur is blocked at work so i can't check now, thanks

No Volcarona.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Zore posted:

No Volcarona.

gently caress

dead game, worst gen, preorder cancelled

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Eh, each time it comes up here some people defended HMs as integral to their pokemon experience. :downs:

Supremezero posted:

Well, supposedly the shiny dex list was the regional dex, so... Have fun not having it :v:
Depends how soon we get trading and the daycare. Hope they learned and it is not postgame like BW.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i hope the rewards for visting the people 4, 11, and 23 days from now aren't good cuz im not gonna remember

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

mandatory lesbian posted:

i hope the rewards for visting the people 4, 11, and 23 days from now aren't good cuz im not gonna remember

im sure someone will post in the thread saying hey don't forget to do the thing today

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do we know yet how long after release Bank transfers will be unlocked?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Chill Penguin posted:

Do we know yet how long after release Bank transfers will be unlocked?

I heard January.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What did the "Visit me tomorrow" guy give?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Aw well, at least there's always Crazy Diamond/Pearl Jam.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Golden Goat posted:

What did the "Visit me tomorrow" guy give?

10 pretty wings

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Nth Doctor posted:

10 pretty wings

i wonder if pretty wings will be useful this gen

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LAY-ZX posted:

I wonder what GF will do about the fire starters when they get to gen 13 and realize they've run out of zodiac

wait if the fire starters are the zodiac then which one is Typhlosion supposed to be

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zore posted:

Yeah the regional dex seems to be a bit of a step back from X/Y. 300 vs 450.

And really heavily weighted against Gens IV and VI overall.

:(

Just another sign of the Gen 4 remake.

Also the Town does have different music depending on whether it's day or night hope the other towns follow suit.

One more thing the free space in the bag is great it seems like you can move anything into it even key items.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Is the framerate stuff better on the N3DS?

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Kerrrrrrr posted:

wait if the fire starters are the zodiac then which one is Typhlosion supposed to be

The rat, or at least close enough to one

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So I got tired of training my catcher Gallade* in Platinum and decided it was finally time to go hunting for those roaming legendaries. Turned out that the last one of them, Zapdos, was still too fast and was able to flee. A Quick Claw and a dozen attempts later I was finally to get a Mean Look off and I got a battle that took twice as long as the others. I guess insisting on having the entire trio be caught in an ultra ball was not helping. Bless those Leppa berries.

After finally catching Zapdos I looked up it's speed stat and it was just 2 points higher than my Gallade... :suicide:

*Thanks to the goon(s) who recommended that to me a while back BTW

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dabir posted:

Sorry in advance to grass starter lovers.

For your awful taste in fictional monsters for children.

I will fight you for that.

Anyway, goodbye and good riddance HMs. May you rot forever.Also, the UB ball looks tight. I assume this means that either the Ultra Beasts are not human, or we will be separating them from their human hosts in-story to avoid adding even more moral issues to making monsters fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mr. Funktastic posted:

The rat, or at least close enough to one

badgers aren't even rodents! get out of here, ya ignoramus