Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

hahaha wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0souv2SyvQ

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still waiting to hear what you do

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I play league of legends

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Better than sex

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i go to league of legends clubs, and i do heck of drugs, and feed relentlessly. what the gently caress do u do

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

i go to league of legends clubs, and i do heck of drugs, and feed relentlessly. what the gently caress do u do

:hfive:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Teikanmi posted:

Yeah but saying they're going to completely ruin the game is even loving stupider

thats not what i said you dolt

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Reminds me of the last Miss Fortune apocalypse. https://youtu.be/u0bkrOM3FcA

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My biggest issues with the plants has to do with the health packs (Karthus ult is already irritating enough to land nowadays) and the fact that they are activated with autoattacks.

If the bomb plant is even slightly prevalent then melee junglers are going to get bullied like crazy.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

when is this ranked season over

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/preseason-2017

19 days

e: plants look loving dumb

e2: giving some junglers free random access to jumping over dragon wall/baron wall is so loving dumb

e3:

I like this, strength of the ages was probably the best mastery in the tree but it was really boring.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 19, 2016

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

You do realise you can blow up those plants before the others use it, right?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The health plants look waaaaay too powerful

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That new mastery is gonna make Nautilus pretty nasty level 1

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Was SotA really strong? It's like the only good mastery on Ivern

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tired Moritz posted:

Was SotA really strong? It's like the only good mastery on Ivern

It's strong but mostly it's just versatile. It's good on nearly every jungler/toplaner

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Bholder posted:

You do realise you can blow up those plants before the others use it, right?

Yeah but the question becomes why exactly put them in to begin with? They at present from the video clips basically show how to skillfully run away or survive by autoing some stupid object and it bails them out when they were dead to rights. I understand catch up mechanics and ways to prevent snowballing but it's going to be really frustrating to lose a guaranteed kill because you outplayed your opponent but they slapped the yummy yummy fruit tree and it spawns five healing goblins that make an unpassable wall for the enemy and heal you even though you hosed up in lane

I'm still a bit miffed thay they think that because people "figured out" the jungle and had to add some new kitschy thing to it just to change it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't know where the idea people "solved" the jungle came from within Riot but I think if they look at worlds there is proof that even at the pinnacle of competitive play the jungle hasn't been figured out which means it definitely hasn't by anyone of a lower elo.

e; what's funny is there was even more jungle inference and variety before they got rid of lane swaps

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

e3:

I like this, strength of the ages was probably the best mastery in the tree but it was really boring.

I'm eagerly awaiting the hot fix that removes this mastery completely because DOT mages become unkillable after building a Rylai's due to the slow effect constantly refreshing the shield.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Crazy Larry posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting the hot fix that removes this mastery completely because DOT mages become unkillable after building a Rylai's due to the slow effect constantly refreshing the shield.

Good thought but I think Rylai's passive is going away so something else will end up breaking this mastery.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's probably gonna be like a 10 + (2 per level) shield or some poo poo

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
New shield mastery seems like it's going to make Sion an unkillable rear end in a top hat if it is any good at all.

Good

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

Good thought but I think Rylai's passive is going away so something else will end up breaking this mastery.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO every batch of news (except for the Nasus buff, that's some good loving news) makes the next season look worse and worse.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO every batch of news (except for the Nasus buff, that's some good loving news) makes the next season look worse and worse.

Counterpoint: Ali rework and Talon new E are both amazing

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
spent the first 20 minutes of this game tilting hard and feeding 5 times, untilted myself, then went 19-3 by not positioning like a retard (usually) and just ripping a fat ult across the enemy team. Im now 6-0 with MF over the last week, i might actually be able to force my ranked w/l back to positive territory using her

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
did they even change anything with fizz

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Nice. I had a very similar game last night where I started by feeding Annie for some reason (basically because I was being an idiot) then turned it around.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2322820661/38198234

Also Vel'koz does a lot of damage when you have a frontline.

e: also if you're a midlaner and you see that another laner on the enemy team doesn't have flash then it's your constitutional duty to gently caress them up over and over again until they tilt off the rift.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 19, 2016

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Aumanor posted:

The Rylai's passive is just too drat good for what it does. It mucks a whole lot with individual champion power budgets in very unpredictable ways (see: Brand going from being "kind of scary" to "ridiculously oppressive" as soon as he completes Rylai's) and devalues certain champions (like Karma) who have innate slows as part of their kit.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Next season start is going to really suck for Vlad, Morde, Malz, and some Singed players (me).

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

The Rylai's passive is just too drat good for what it does. It mucks a whole lot with individual champion power budgets in very unpredictable ways (see: Brand going from being "kind of scary" to "ridiculously oppressive" as soon as he completes Rylai's) and devalues certain champions (like Karma) who have innate slows as part of their kit.

But what am I going to build on Kayle now?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

Shark gets bigger farther away he throws and does more damage

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

According to that link apparently there's only going to be a month of preseason. 2017 season starts December 6th (2016).

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

for champions that want to buy a cc item like rylai unless its stats were competitive with dcap everyone would just buy dcap instead. getting all these short range mages that want to buy cc to buy active items would make them a lot easier to balance. icy cannon isn't really designed for them though so i dunno, since most of them would want to get protobelt too.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

Aside from the shark thing on pbe seastone trident is a next hit ability that does more damage if the target has been bleeding from the passive for two or more seconds. It also has some cdr when you kill a unit with it or something. I think maybe urchin strike always applies the active or something too

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Aside from the shark thing on pbe seastone trident is a next hit ability that does more damage if the target has been bleeding from the passive for two or more seconds. It also has some cdr when you kill a unit with it or something. I think maybe urchin strike always applies the active or something too

It's hard not to see that W change as enabling tank fizz even more than before. It doesn't really make sense to me if they're trying to make him an assassin. But w/e

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Aumanor posted:

But what am I going to build on Kayle now?

Wits' End -> Frozen mallet of course

also as a player who chiefly plays champions that do not use Rylai's ever (or shouldn't anyways) such as Morgana Karma Orianna Lissandra Sona Janna I wouldn't mind seeing it gone.

The only thing that will hurt is when I decide to start playing Taliyah again and it stops existing :geno:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

It's hard not to see that W change as enabling tank fizz even more than before. It doesn't really make sense to me if they're trying to make him an assassin. But w/e

The idea behind it is to give more burst in exchange for reducing dps (if you were constantly autoing throughout the active on old w it would add up to more than new w I imagine), and to reduce the value of AS on him because on-hit Fizz naturally builds towards tank rather than assassin.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

How Rude posted:

Wits' End -> Frozen mallet of course

But Nashor's->Rylai's->Runaan's->Guinsoo's->Gangel worked so well :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

If the W gives you a reset or mana return for kills it might give fizz a reliable way to clear waves finally. I still think jungle fizz is the superior version, but this would be really good for his laning.

• Locked thread