Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Just about everyone fuses them by hand. Do you have 20% quality on the item you're linking? It does make a difference. Not getting it in 700 is a tad on the unlucky side but I wouldn't spend the 1500 if I were you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

whypick1 posted:

Do you mean Zealot's Oath (life regen becomes ES regen) or Ghost Reaver (life leech becomes ES leech)? Pretty sure you mean the latter since it's in the Shadow area and there's a myriad of life leech sources to choose from.

No, I was completely forgetting Ghost Reaver.
So I basically try to sustain with enough leech from the tree, possibily a life leech gem (although that seems difficult in a 5L).
I'm probably going Shield Charge -> CoC Vortex with some stuff, as Trickster.

Still not sure about the whole ES route, but I have to bite the bullet sometime.

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Now that I've completed all the uber trials, should I go for Veteran Bowyer or respec Master Herbalist and go for Master Alchemist on my FotM CI BV Pathfinder build? I'm leaning towards respeccing and picking Alchemist, since elemental damage reduction and status ailment immunity look nice.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pollyzoid posted:

Now that I've completed all the uber trials, should I go for Veteran Bowyer or respec Master Herbalist and go for Master Alchemist on my FotM CI BV Pathfinder build? I'm leaning towards respeccing and picking Alchemist, since elemental damage reduction and status ailment immunity look nice.

veteran bowyer + master alchemist + natures adrenaline is the standard setup if you're not doing shaper/uber atziri/guardians. If you're doing those, you're going to need master surgeon + master alchemist.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

After hearing all the stories of 6 linking in a couple fusing, decided to give it a go.

700 fusing in the hole so far, should I throw another 800 at it, or pay vorici the 1500? I feel like if I pay vorici now it would cost me 2200 fusing.

Which way do people get their 6 links besides buying them, fusing vorici or prophecy?

People who can do that are the scum of the earth. Personally this league I sunk around 2200 fuses in before giving up. This is typical for me in leagues, I think well surely this league I'll manage to make a 6l at last, blow a few thousand without result then save up to just purchase one. If you don't feel lucky save your fuses for 1500 or to sell to purchase a 6l.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I have one chest as a pet that I feed fusings to, and just buy the 6Links I play with

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have never 6l anything. Prob 4000 total.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Loving Sextants except for how expensive they are. Thank gently caress I'm rich this League. But filling up Putrid Cloister with all the sextants you can and seeing four Stacked Deck drop from one huge pack (probably like 6 - 7 separate ones side-by-side) makes it all worth it. Well, in terms of fun at least, I still lost about 10c on that map since they sell for so drat much.

As for 6L-chat, I've never actually 6L anything myself but I have had two drop, a lovely armor that I sold for 1ex anyway because it was early league, and just now an ilevel 84 Vaal Greatsword. I've only spent about 3k Fusings total on items that can 6L in the ~4 months since I started though.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
did they increase sextant drop rate when they made them Cool and Good or is it the same

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
They supposedly buffed the drop last patch, but I can't say I noticed much difference. I toyed with the idea of loading up on them when they were 2-3c each, wish I had now.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've definitely gotten more, but having saved up every Sextant since like a week into the league that still only left me with 17 Master Sextants total, which isn't gonna last too long even with three uses each. Also had ~35 each of Apprentice/Journeyman Sextants. Thankfully you can trade up Apprentice ones to Journeyman at least so those aren't useless once you're getting into red maps.

It IS funny how much better Shaped Courtyard is to other t15s now though due to the Sextant coverage. Compared to something like Abyss which can't even get half as many Sextants, or Shaped Underground River which is a pretty common shaping and is just completely SOL where Sextants are concerned due to its location.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I kind of hope they'll draw a new atlas for each league to shake things up a bit. Don't have to actually change the maps at all, just shuffle them around to make people think a bit more about what to shape next league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The Atlas layout follows the map upgrade (3 of a kind -> 1 the next tier up) progression though. Not sure how you could change the Atlas without redoing those upgrade progressions entirely.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I never noticed that. Like when someone pointed out essences are the colors of the rainbow yesterday. I'm apparently not very observant.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

whypick1 posted:

The Atlas layout follows the map upgrade (3 of a kind -> 1 the next tier up) progression though. Not sure how you could change the Atlas without redoing those upgrade progressions entirely.

Not only that, they're grouped up by theme that matches the art on the atlas.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

i can still taste him posted:

I never noticed that. Like when someone pointed out essences are the colors of the rainbow yesterday. I'm apparently not very observant.

Why aren't the gradients in each Essence tier in alphabetical order? :argh:

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
So I want to make myself a lightning warp miner. I'm loosely basing my build on the Mine over Matter build on the official forums: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1618065

The basic idea for anyone who doesn't want to bother reading that: Lightning warp supported by remote mine and appropriate supports in a 6 link staff (probably tremor rod), with a detonate mines totem to trigger mines as I set them. They fire off and snipe everything within range automatically, double tapping anything that gets hit by the exit and arrival warps.

My change is that I'm going to use Kitava's Thirst on a Saboteur. This will allow me to easily satisfy the 100 mana requirement to trigger the socketed skills, and benefit from all the mine damage bonuses provided by the ascendancy. I can throw in BV with pcoc and curse on hit assmark to generate power charges mindlessly, or some other more damage focused skills, or something like arctic breath for the defensive qualities, or even some combination thereof. It should trigger a lot, assuming I can sustain the mana cost, because this is a very rapidfire sort of build.

This is my planned tree at 89: https://www.poeurl.com/OOA

And I'm thinking this as my goal entering maps around 71: https://www.poeurl.com/OOD
Building out the Acro cluster as I'm passing 66.

This is all on Standard, so HC viability doesn't matter, just fun and clear speed. I think it should be survivable enough, given that it's ranged and uses mines and can ignore reflect. Lots of dodge from the tree, atziri's step and a quartz flask plus a healthy life pool should make it pretty safe in most circumstances. My biggest concern is mana sustain, as I can't ignore the cost of LW like a trickster build can. Probably need some changes to the tree or some specific pieces of gear to keep the mana going.

What say ye? How bad is this? How far could it go? Any way to make it good if it's bad, or should I just try something else?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
sounds weird as gently caress, good luck with that

I wouldn't use BV as a delivery of curses (or anything) because the range is so bad

also placing totems and mines over and over doesn't scream "rapid fire" to me because the animations are so slow

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Guys in Diablo forums were pretty loving hyped about the upcomming reveal of David Brevik.

The reveal was, hes joining GGG as advisor.

Let me quote the Fight Club manager from witcher 2 here: THAT was loving poetry.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Brb, rerolling in china

quote:

revive coin in POE China BETA

you can revive without exp lost now! only 100 coins in cruel and 200 coins in merc! need more coins? why not buy some! 50 coins for 3880 points on sale! $1 for 673 points! only $23, you can have a free death in merciless! awesome!

someone who can read chinese c/d?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
How many coins for the +50%xp cup?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
$23 per death seems ridiculously steep, is this solely aimed at the incredibly hardcore players pushing for League-first level 100 or something? How many players are gonna push that hard and care that much about he penalty? Dying at level 90+ on softcore may be annoying but we're talking $1 - $2 annoying at most for those who have dosh to throw away.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Guys in Diablo forums were pretty loving hyped about the upcomming reveal of David Brevik.

The reveal was, hes joining GGG as advisor.

Let me quote the Fight Club manager from witcher 2 here: THAT was loving poetry.

Well he spent the years after D2 loving up Hellgate and Marvel Heroes sooo

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
We are talking about a company that charges 40 dollars for wings on your back that literally do nothing, so 23 for dying once...
Nah its loving retarded.

The only reason to do this i could see was if this was available on hardcore characters, which in turn would probably lead to burning down offices.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

We are talking about a company that charges 40 dollars for wings on your back that literally do nothing, so 23 for dying once...
Nah its loving retarded.

There's a rather significant difference between the two. People actually getting upset by them charging $40 for an mtx are the retards.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I dont know why anyone is surprised at expensive p2w options on the chinese client.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah that's pay to win territory, but I guess it's ok in China?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
China/Korea/Japan all prefer that model, which is why they all run with it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

There's a rather significant difference between the two. People actually getting upset by them charging $40 for an mtx are the retards.

I see a fair distribution of retardation between the 3 parties of people charging 40$ for wings, people buying 40$ wings and people complaining about 40$ wings.

23$ for not losing 10% is bejond the scale though.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Tons of games in China/Korea run with that model. That model wouldn't last a day in the American market, so there's no much to worry about.

Just think of it as all the (non-North American)Asian players funding the NA game.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I see a fair distribution of retardation between the 3 parties of people charging 40$ for wings

It's a cosmetic item with a certain amount of "status" attached to it. It does nothing for actual gameplay. Why shouldn't they be allowed to charge $40?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Obviously they are allowed to. Its just that other successful f2p business models have shown that given a large enough consumer base you will make overall more money by keeping the price of your do nothing cosmetic items down so that they are appealing as an impulse purchase. And this is on top of having generally more happy customers as the people spending money anyways are getting it for less, and the people who wouldn't have bought it at a higher price now get to have the thing.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Suppose I want to grab a shavs and switch from CI to a LL setup. I assume I'll still get torn apart if I don't also get a lot of chaos resistance?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

Obviously they are allowed to. Its just that other successful f2p business models have shown that given a large enough consumer base you will make overall more money by keeping the price of your do nothing cosmetic items down so that they are appealing as an impulse purchase. And this is on top of having generally more happy customers as the people spending money anyways are getting it for less, and the people who wouldn't have bought it at a higher price now get to have the thing.

There are plenty of cheap cosmetics. An important part of financing f2p is appealing to whales as well as the masses.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Suppose I want to grab a shavs and switch from CI to a LL setup. I assume I'll still get torn apart if I don't also get a lot of chaos resistance?

Well you will get torn apart as much as every other non ci character I guess. Most get some res but going for vast amounts sounds like very late game minmaxing with a lot of currency to burn? Get whatever amount you want but just pay attention to chaosy map bosses

Edit - was also quite funny seeing that Bervik guy go from beeing the possible savior of D3 to an untalented hack in the span of just a few pages in some thread on Diablofans

Fanoys are the worst

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 19, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I played marvel heroes and can confirm Brevik is an untalented hack

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
I think GGG actually sells a shitton of supporter packs and so a lot of people just have hoards of points just sitting around. The prices make a lot more sense then. The stash tabs are deliberately super cheap for people to actually buy points to buy, and the high priced MTX are for people to drain their supporter pack points so they can justify buying another supporter pack. At least that's just how I see it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TheRat posted:

There are plenty of cheap cosmetics. An important part of financing f2p is appealing to whales as well as the masses.

GGG have no problem appealing to whales with just their supporter packs alone.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

dyzzy posted:

Atziri''s Promise Flask is enough these days, especially for LowLife because you're going to have a bigger ehp pool then a life build would. Plus, you'll probably have either ZO and a good amount of es Regen, or Instant Leech via Vaal Pact, or both. If you play hardcore you'll probably want a few extra sources just in case flasks are down. If you play pathfinder in either league, just completely ignore chaos damage when playing any build since atziri flask gives something like 80-100 chaos resistance.

By the way, if anyone's feeling like their CI/LL pathfinder just isn't quite as op as they were hoping, try this: Stockpile a decent number of shrieking essences of scorn, then grab yourself a high ilvl pair of your favorite glove base. Slam with scorns until you get high es. Now, take your hubris circlet that has hopefully 1 open suffix and hunt down someone with Leo lvl 5. You want him to master craft 25-35% chance to avoid stun and you want as close to 35% as humanly possible, unless you used defeanings to craft the gloves.. If you haven't guessed where this is going... you're now basically at 30% + 35% chance to avoid stun. Add in the 3 Heart of Oak points which give a total of 36% making you over 100% chance to avoid stun! With Master Alchemist and Master Surgeon you're now immune to everything pretty much! You can also skip surgeon and just wear death's doors boots for bleed immunity.

I actually thought this was a really cool use of essence crafting, but once i realized the main class it's going to buff.... It's not surprising really, just completely out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

GGG have no problem appealing to whales with just their supporter packs alone.

I'm sure you have more data to base this on than GGG does.

• Locked thread