Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beeman
May 7, 2008

hayes on best show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

beeman posted:

hayes on best show
and Hayes and Sean on Hard Nation !!
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/ken-bones-family-is-lost-w-sean-clements-hayes-davenport/

too much..good...content

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Dog and Dinosaur Bone :pusheen:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ugh i really dislike this podcast

the sacrifices i make for hollywood handbook

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

ugh i really dislike this podcast

the sacrifices i make for hollywood handbook
sean and hayes show up and completely take over, so it was worth it.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gourley all by himself on Pistol Shrimps today, it's as disorganized and eclectic as you would imagine.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

cams posted:

sean and hayes show up and completely take over, so it was worth it.

Yeah it's good once they show up. For the first 10 minutes I was sure one of the guys was Mantzoukas putting on a voice.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Cool World is no Johnny Suede.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

kdrudy posted:

Gourley all by himself on Pistol Shrimps today, it's as disorganized and eclectic as you would imagine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLu8OdoDSnb/

purestrain poetic justice

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Gourley should do a podcast where he just rambles alone for an hour, preferably after not eating properly for the whole day.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 20, 2016

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Then halfway through he snorts an entire bag of powdered sugar.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Missionary Positron posted:

Gourley should do a podcast where he just rambles alone for an hour, preferably after not eating properly for the whole day.

I want a podcast where he's locked in solitary confinement for a month and has low blood sugar the whole time.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I want a podcast where he's locked in solitary confinement for a month and has low blood sugar the whole time.

Also acceptable: the same premise except Gourley is accompanied by Margaux the Fat Guy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I won't have a chance to listen to it until tomorrow morning, is Hannibal Buress new thing any good

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I'm cold on it, but I don't really enjoy Hannibal outside of the Eric Andre show so don't listen to me.

beeman
May 7, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah it's good once they show up. For the first 10 minutes I was sure one of the guys was Mantzoukas putting on a voice.

That guy's voice is intolerable. Is he putting it on or is that really his drat voice?

It was really, really funny once Sean and Hayes come on. It's basically their show from that point - as a comedy duo, they can be pretty dominant. Which is generally a good thing imo. Their episode of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus probably would still been good if Lapkus wasn't even on it - which is no slight to her, more just a testament to how funny they are without needing much support from other people

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ya both of the hosts are doing characters, there's the fat crazy one who's republican and has a billion daughters, and there's the democrat one who says "no, wrong."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

I won't have a chance to listen to it until tomorrow morning, is Hannibal Buress new thing any good

It certainly lives up to the title - just Hannibal and his crew (I am not sure if he ever introduced the other guys?) hanging out on the road, stoned to the bone, shooting the poo poo. I think moctopus was right, and your enjoyment of the show will depend entirely upon how much you like Hannibal.

I think Hannibal is a funny dude, so I enjoyed it. Some pretty funny stories, goofy Hannibal musings, and in the final segment he tries to tackle a listener question. Not a "Must listen day of" show for me, but I'll stick with it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

beeman posted:

That guy's voice is intolerable. Is he putting it on or is that really his drat voice?

It was really, really funny once Sean and Hayes come on. It's basically their show from that point - as a comedy duo, they can be pretty dominant. Which is generally a good thing imo. Their episode of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus probably would still been good if Lapkus wasn't even on it - which is no slight to her, more just a testament to how funny they are without needing much support from other people
The best part of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is the second episode of With Special Guest T.G.I.G.O.T.G.VOL 2 OST that will bring out

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Hannibal's show is exactly what you would expect it to be like, and you will probably enjoy it about as much as you expect to. In my case, that was quite a bit.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I was slightly disappointed with the first Hannibal show. Didn't eat anybody. Also wasn't very funny. I'll definitely give it a few more weeks.....as I really like Hannibal.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Weird that earwolf said Gabrus' show was too unfocused and now it sounds like Hannibal's is even less so

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

the echoing was really weird almost felt like it was added in post, or else it was recorded in a cathedral. Also weird he didn't announce his partner, I mean according to the Earwolf subreddit I guess it was his DJ he has with him a bunch of places, but I had no idea.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Weird that earwolf said Gabrus' show was too unfocused and now it sounds like Hannibal's is even less so

Hannibal is a bigger name.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah I figured that was the deciding factor just funny is all

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hannibal burress is a regular on broad city, jon gabrus hosted a reality show called santas in the barn

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Why hasn't Andy Richter done Hollywood Handbook?

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

cams posted:

hannibal burress is a regular on broad city, jon gabrus hosted a reality show called santas in the barn

Well the key word is he hosted, he wasn't one of the santas

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'm pretty sure "earwolf passed" is a running gag between scott and gino. from the first episode it sound like jake and amir approached gabrus about doing a podcast on their network

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Gabrus has debunked this rumor multiple times because it came up in every one of the five-star roasts he reads every week. He went to Earwolf to pitch The Layman, which got picked up on Howl, then unrelatedly started High and Mighty on Headgum shortly thereafter.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I don't think Kulap ever brought it up on other podcasts, but she revealed on Alison Rosen's podcast that she had a miscarriage after 4 months a few years back :( And talks about Rocky's last moments.

She also kind of reveals the ending for her documentary. Turns out her birth dad was as big of a dick as her mom and asked her to buy him a house in Sacramento in order to start a weed farm.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I honestly hope Pally chews his gum even more aggressively next time he's on HH.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

KEVIN

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I hope this one day gets picked up in the faint background of some other Earwolf podcast that record at the same time (maybe even Doughboys across town, as it has been established they record at the same time)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Brett's a celebrity.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
earwolf sucks and hannibal burress is a hack

hayes yelling at kevin is my new favorite bit

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

the abrupt "bye" at the end of HH was the cherry on the sundae

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
We pride ourselves on translucency.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my favorite bit is when sean and hayes speak very highly of brett and it makes the guest FURIOUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
why did I put off listening to Mike Detective this long

I am a loving moron and Mike Detective owns