Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Looking at the lack of any sorting in the mtx tab they don't care about whales either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TheRat posted:

I'm sure you have more data to base this on than GGG does.

Lol oh okay dude

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jusupov posted:

Looking at the lack of any sorting in the mtx tab they don't care about whales either

Jonathan explained on the podcast he was on a few days ago that the MTX system was designed in a time where they didn't think about having a large amount of MTXs. They are planning on completely redesigning the system from the ground up. "Hopefully in 3.0, but I cant promise". I recommend you watch the entire podcast with Jonathan, it's really great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_tBlZ-8xJo

Hauki
May 11, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I played marvel heroes and can confirm Brevik is an untalented hack

He's still assuredly better than Jay "gently caress that loser" Wilson, but yeah, I'm not exactly thrilled about his presence or participation here.
At least he's only an 'advisor' and they've got enough of an already established game that I don't think he can really gently caress it up that much.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

10bux posted:

Atziri''s Promise Flask is enough these days, especially for LowLife because you're going to have a bigger ehp pool then a life build would. Plus, you'll probably have either ZO and a good amount of es Regen, or Instant Leech via Vaal Pact, or both. If you play hardcore you'll probably want a few extra sources just in case flasks are down. If you play pathfinder in either league, just completely ignore chaos damage when playing any build since atziri flask gives something like 80-100 chaos resistance.

By the way, if anyone's feeling like their CI/LL pathfinder just isn't quite as op as they were hoping, try this: Stockpile a decent number of shrieking essences of scorn, then grab yourself a high ilvl pair of your favorite glove base. Slam with scorns until you get high es. Now, take your hubris circlet that has hopefully 1 open suffix and hunt down someone with Leo lvl 5. You want him to master craft 25-35% chance to avoid stun and you want as close to 35% as humanly possible, unless you used defeanings to craft the gloves.. If you haven't guessed where this is going... you're now basically at 30% + 35% chance to avoid stun. Add in the 3 Heart of Oak points which give a total of 36% making you over 100% chance to avoid stun! With Master Alchemist and Master Surgeon you're now immune to everything pretty much! You can also skip surgeon and just wear death's doors boots for bleed immunity.

I actually thought this was a really cool use of essence crafting, but once i realized the main class it's going to buff.... It's not surprising really, just completely out of control.

Haha I just forgot about the resistance from atziri's. I think I will give this a shot then, thanks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Although to be fair my impression was Brevik's main sin was being hilariously bad at organization so if they keep him as an ideas guy they can limit the damage. On the other hand his ideas weren't thaaat great either

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Jonathan explained on the podcast he was on a few days ago that the MTX system was designed in a time where they didn't think about having a large amount of MTXs. They are planning on completely redesigning the system from the ground up. "Hopefully in 3.0, but I cant promise". I recommend you watch the entire podcast with Jonathan, it's really great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_tBlZ-8xJo

I did watch the podcast, and still there is not a thing in the world that will convince me 40$ for wings on your pack is not retarded, in the offering as well as the actual buying.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I did watch the podcast, and still there is not a thing in the world that will convince me 40$ for wings on your pack is not retarded, in the offering as well as the actual buying.

1) That post was directed to the person I quoted, not you.
2) There was no part of that podcast that tried to justify prices so I have no clue what the gently caress you're on about.
3) You're way too upset about not receiving cheap ingame art. You do not have a god-given right to buy cosmetics at a price you deem fair. Deal with it.

E: If you dont think the wings are worth $40, then dont buy the loving wings. I didn't, but I'm not going to cry for weeks on end about how unfair and/or retarded it is.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Then don't buy them and quit whining about their existence. Problem solved.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I didnt buy them and i dont whine about them for weeks.
Ive said theyre retardedly priced and thats all, no need to get white knighty for your video games loving drat whats wrong with you people?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am 100% okay with 40 dollar wings. GGG is a fantastic company and so long as those wings never affect gameplay, which they never will, that's okay by me. Gotta finance this poo poo somehow.

I have gore wings I got in a mystery box. I don't like them!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I have the lightning scorpion pet... somewhere. Maybe in an old hideout or on another character.

It was totally worth it. But only because GGG had a promo with NVIDIA a couple years ago that gave several hundred points with gfx cards which people were selling for <£10. And you could activate it 4 or 5 times. Yeah that was a lot of cheap points.

E:turns out it was 1500 points per code lmao

Budgie fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 19, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Me too cause i dont have to buy them and can get Deathwing instead.
Its still awkward to see how defensive people get when you talk down GGGs pricing model.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Don't get me wrong I'm still really happy with my razer footprints too.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I have 1500 hours in this game and put a grand total of about 20 euros down on stash tabs.

I almost feel guilty for not buying those 40 buck wings. Almost.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its still awkward to see how defensive people get when you talk down GGGs pricing model.

it is also super awkward how you try to attack them ;)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

You're the one calling people "white knights" and "retards" because your entitlement isn't satisfied.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
My only regret is that I don't have Garenamon.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

You're the one calling people "white knights" and "retards" because your entitlement isn't satisfied.

Just how loving butthurt can you get?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Just how loving butthurt can you get?

Keep going, you've almost got the bingo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
drat white knight butthurt sjws

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
I came back to this game after a year plus break and the Currency tab is such an amazing user experience improvement that I would probably pay $40 just for that.

On the other hand I hate the labyrinth so much I'll probably take another year long break after this league ends to see if they untie ascendancies from it at some point.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

ShutteredIn posted:

On the other hand I hate the labyrinth so much I'll probably take another year long break after this league ends to see if they untie ascendancies from it at some point.

They'll pretty much have to now that they promised that when act 5 is released there will only be 2 difficulties. So you'll have one less lab per character to run, and one less set of trials per league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'd be fine with the lab if Charge Disruptors hosed off forever.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I often complain about how the game is getting easier, but I actually think uberlab is a bit too hard. Especially on HC, it's extremely punishing for the average player who wants their final two points. You cant leave because you'll lose your map so it ends up being a game of chicken where you are encouraged to play very recklessly. The anti-moveskill traps and some izaro configurations are just extremely hard to deal with for a lot of builds. I think they should probably make 1-key runs quite a bit easier, while keeping full key runs more difficult.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I agree - I think GGG regards the whole affair as something for experienced players, though. Does the average player progress past Cruel Hillock?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ronya posted:

I agree - I think GGG regards the whole affair as something for experienced players, though. Does the average player progress past Cruel Hillock?

I think I remember a stat that said the average player doesn't progress past normal Brutus. I just think it's too hard when I generally don't even consider running for the final two points until around lvl90, unless I'm on a super-tanky regen build.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Morticia makes me hard posted:

sounds weird as gently caress, good luck with that

I wouldn't use BV as a delivery of curses (or anything) because the range is so bad

also placing totems and mines over and over doesn't scream "rapid fire" to me because the animations are so slow

I'm glad at least someone got to respond before this got interrupted by MTX chat, but take a quick look at all the bonuses you get from the passive tree to mine placement and detonation. What starts as a ridiculously slow slog becomes insanely fast after you factor in ~35% increased placement speed from the tree, ~50% increased placement speed from a tremor rod, 20% increased from the ascendancy, 100% more arming speed, and instant detonation. And it should be triggering three at once with each placement because of minefield.

Mines are garbage when unsupported, but these won't be. The slowest thing will be the totem placement, and I can always press D or set detonate mines on a min level CWDT for when I have to beat feat.

Take a look at the original build's placement speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44_YoN7GCdo and he's on a trickster without all those mentioned bonuses. He doesn't make it look all that great, but it's illustrative of the general speed you can achieve with mine placement.

My biggest concern is mana sustain. These are going to be expensive rear end mines that can be dropped very fast, and I don't know that I've built in enough to accommodate that. I'm wondering if anyone has any gear ideas that would help here. I'm sure some uniques out there would synergize with this insanity.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's reasonable to not enjoy when a company treats you as a bag of cash. What bugs me are the people who get super defensive about lovely things a company does. But it's free to play they say! It's only cosmetics! It's just an arg! Lol look ar reddit so mad about video games so beneath me. What a load of crap, cosmetics should be priced at a point where the majority of players don't feel ripped off. I may want to support a company but I'm not spending 50 bucks on dong.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Daily special makes buying wings ok.
(please add some fun wings on the daily soon)

Edit: Ohh Necrotic daily special. Tempted!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

It's reasonable to not enjoy when a company treats you as a bag of cash. What bugs me are the people who get super defensive about lovely things a company does. But it's free to play they say! It's only cosmetics! It's just an arg! Lol look ar reddit so mad about video games so beneath me. What a load of crap, cosmetics should be priced at a point where the majority of players don't feel ripped off. I may want to support a company but I'm not spending 50 bucks on dong.

what the gently caress

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I do think some of their pricing models are funky in that they leave you with leftover coins you can't spend, but that's really it.

They can charge 20 bucks for a non-combat pet or a black hole vortex or whatever all day. I can't justify spending that, but plenty of people can and that's okay with me.

I just wish they'd allow you to buy them directly rather than making you buy funbux. I for sure want black holes everywhere, but I don't want anything else and can't buy just that.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

dangerdoom volvo posted:

what the gently caress

Get Duck and Covered, b*tch

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Well he spent the years after D2 loving up Hellgate and Marvel Heroes sooo

Well, was he the guy who made it so I had to collect 30 different items from 4 concurrent special event/holidays running at once right before I quit?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I just wish mtx didn't lower my fps so I could be a pretty pirate and use everything else too.

Well not like fps is stable anyway

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

zxqv8 posted:

I just wish they'd allow you to buy them directly rather than making you buy funbux. I for sure want black holes everywhere, but I don't want anything else and can't buy just that.

I'm pretty sure you can do this on steam, cant you? And if not, you can definitely email GGG and ask them and they will sell you the exact amount of points you need.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

I think I remember a stat that said the average player doesn't progress past normal Brutus.

I really hope on 3.0 and when they add the 5th act they take a long hard look at act 1 and how to get people hooked on the game, I've tried to get a friend into it but he is terribly bored of the easiness and underwhelmed and quit in act 1 twice.

Making new characters has turned into such a slog and I'd very much like to see some of the faster paced action and swarms of things from end-game get shifted down to happen earlier.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

TheRat posted:

I'm pretty sure you can do this on steam, cant you? And if not, you can definitely email GGG and ask them and they will sell you the exact amount of points you need.

Oh really? I had no idea. That's cool!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I really hope on 3.0 and when they add the 5th act they take a long hard look at act 1 and how to get people hooked on the game, I've tried to get a friend into it but he is terribly bored of the easiness and underwhelmed and quit in act 1 twice.

Making new characters has turned into such a slog and I'd very much like to see some of the faster paced action and swarms of things from end-game get shifted down to happen earlier.

I tried this game three or four times before this league and yeah, each time I got intensely bored and lost the will to play long before I even got to Merveil. The game basically not even starting until the second playthrough (and not getting good until the third) is such a bad design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

While I've given GGG a decent amount of money because I like what they do, there's a 0% chance I would drop $40 on some assugly anime wings.

That doesn't make the continual bitching and griping about their pricing model any less tiresome. Plenty of pubbies loving love tentacle wings and if they wanna pay the premium to let the rest of us play the game, more power to them.

• Locked thread