Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"No cops, everything's fine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Hey, everybody, get a load of this guy. Military guy two states away who started posting in our local FB groups his beg to have others foot the bill to "get him on two wheels again". Details are hard to get out of him. Insurance? No, he didn't feel like paying for that for his shiny red expensive supersport. Also, he was deemed at least "1% at fault" so the other party's insurance doesn't have to pay anything.

Now, I'd think it was adorable that he was this dumb and just let him fail, except for his lowly plee to "get back on two wheels again" is asking for $5000. The audacity of it. He doesn't want to get on two wheels again, he specifically want's to get on those super shiny awesome expensive wheels.

Like, I get it. Someone else caused me to no fault total my SV a couple years back, leaving me to foot the ER bill and my gear and accept an insurance valuation of my bike that was 1600 for a bike worth 3200. Then I took that meager sum and immediately spent it on college tuition, even though it killed me. Then I spent a year miserable without a bike, doing all manner of soul crushing jobs to just work my way back up to a beater bike in the 1300 range, while also supporting myself, and also properly budgeting for a new set of gear before I bought anything.

This miserable gently caress didn't even bother to insure himself, is on the goverment payroll, likely can't ride for poo poo and target fixated/didn't leave enough room/grabbed too much front brake (because he was "thrown from the bike"), and now his lowly request to get "back on two wheels" is for a bike I couldn't afford for years.

If you care so much about that two wheeled lyfe, you'd get a beater ninja or bandit or whatever and deal with the consequenses of your actions.

Seriously, get a load of this pissant. Posting here, so I can delay ripping him apart on social media.

"I however do have bruising on my lower testicles making it hard to walk" I'm surprised it hurts, because you gotta have balls of steel to flip back and ask other people to buy you another luxury item after you didn't take proper care of the one you had before.

ALSO- Dude looks like Jennifer Lawrence with short hair.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-back-on-2-wheels-2uvv2qk

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coydog posted:

Hey, everybody, get a load of this guy. Military guy two states away who started posting in our local FB groups his beg to have others foot the bill to "get him on two wheels again". Details are hard to get out of him. Insurance? No, he didn't feel like paying for that for his shiny red expensive supersport. Also, he was deemed at least "1% at fault" so the other party's insurance doesn't have to pay anything.

Now, I'd think it was adorable that he was this dumb and just let him fail, except for his lowly plee to "get back on two wheels again" is asking for $5000. The audacity of it. He doesn't want to get on two wheels again, he specifically want's to get on those super shiny awesome expensive wheels.

Like, I get it. Someone else caused me to no fault total my SV a couple years back, leaving me to foot the ER bill and my gear and accept an insurance valuation of my bike that was 1600 for a bike worth 3200. Then I took that meager sum and immediately spent it on college tuition, even though it killed me. Then I spent a year miserable without a bike, doing all manner of soul crushing jobs to just work my way back up to a beater bike in the 1300 range, while also supporting myself, and also properly budgeting for a new set of gear before I bought anything.

This miserable gently caress didn't even bother to insure himself, is on the goverment payroll, likely can't ride for poo poo and target fixated/didn't leave enough room/grabbed too much front brake (because he was "thrown from the bike"), and now his lowly request to get "back on two wheels" is for a bike I couldn't afford for years.

If you care so much about that two wheeled lyfe, you'd get a beater ninja or bandit or whatever and deal with the consequenses of your actions.

Seriously, get a load of this pissant. Posting here, so I can delay ripping him apart on social media.

"I however do have bruising on my lower testicles making it hard to walk" I'm surprised it hurts, because you gotta have balls of steel to flip back and ask other people to buy you another luxury item after you didn't take proper care of the one you had before.

In my experience, if he just leaves the bike there long enough someone will give him money for a new one.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
coydog why does every post have to be 10 million words

just say "look at this retard *link*"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Razzled posted:

Longer posts=good. Shorter posts=bad. That's why no one gets us.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Coydog posted:

Gonna need some pics of this douchebag short haired Jennifer Lawrence looking motherfucker. Ahh, For... Reference... *cough*in a cocktail dress*cough* somebody say something?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The guy's forks look straight (or straightenable) and there doesn't seem to be any serious structural damage. There isn't even any leaking oil/coolant ffs. Strip off the fairing and for under $500 in parts he could probably have a badass streetfighter.

Coydog, go on your local craigslist and buy the cheapest thing in the /mcy/ section and drop it off on his lawn. I'm guessing it'll be one of those little plastic monkey bike scooter things.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Razzled posted:

LOL.

Chichevache posted:

Longer posts=good. Shorter posts=bad. That's why no one gets us.

I feel like people can scroll past if they want, and that's why I try to have pictures for the reading impaired. It probably seems like a lot of effort posts, but writing is My Thing, and this stuff takes a minute or two to generate, straight from the dome. I enjoy it. :(

Chichevache posted:

In my experience, if he just leaves the bike there long enough someone will give him money for a new one.

This made me laugh, thank you.

Finger Prince posted:

Gonna need some pics of this douchebag short haired Jennifer Lawrence looking motherfucker. Ahh, For... Reference... *cough*in a cocktail dress*cough* somebody say something?

I don't want to dox the guy that much. It's a spitting image, though. Katniss with short hair. Dude is the sexiest man alive.

Sagebrush posted:

The guy's forks look straight (or straightenable) and there doesn't seem to be any serious structural damage. There isn't even any leaking oil/coolant ffs. Strip off the fairing and for under $500 in parts he could probably have a badass streetfighter.

Coydog, go on your local craigslist and buy the cheapest thing in the /mcy/ section and drop it off on his lawn. I'm guessing it'll be one of those little plastic monkey bike scooter things.

I was thinking the same thing, except it looked like the rear subframe was a bit cockeyed. Local supermoto kid was in a similar situation , though, and is rebuilding his bike himself, because he is awesome. I think his bike is salvagable, for sure, but he is too stupid to know this.

So, unable to resist, I took a few minutes after getting home from class to reply this to him:

EffortReply posted:

I know exactly how you feel. A couple years back I had a genuinely no fault crash involving flung debris at night. Totaled out my bike, and I was left to pay for the ER, plus replacement gear, and the insurance company valued my bike at 50% of market value. I
took the meager payout, and immediately had to spend it on school tuition. The next year with no bike and no gear was miserable. I
worked the most dangerous and soul crushing jobs I could, slowly saving while paying for school and living expenses.

I finally saved up enough for the rattiest, worst running, ugliest KLR 250 you ever saw, plus a set of gear. In that weekend, I
learned how to clean carbs and adjust valves, among other things. I flipped it for a profit and bought a beautiful red EX250,
which I even used for long distance touring. I love to ride, and it doesn't matter to me what I ride as long as it's mechanically
sound.

I empathize with your plight, am saddened you have to reside in North Carolina, and saw the world through your eyes at one point,
too. So I'm gonna try to be soft on you in the next part.

Feel free to listen to this track while you read the rest of my reply.
Ace of Base - All That She Wants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqu132vTl5Y

So here is how it is, Pete Mitchell. You had a really awesome shiny red luxury item and you didn't even bother to have
comprehensive on it, which is something like $50 a month. You could afford the SuperSport, but not insurance?!

NC ruled your crash to be more than 1% your fault, which I agree with. You messed up in one of, if not all of, the following ways:

-Following too closely, and not watching the traffic ahead and around you.
-Target fixation, hitting the car instead of looking around it and going through that hole. I've been there, too, when someone
unexpectedly throws down anchors, and snapped around them with inches to spare because I looked Not At Them.
-Grabbed too much front brake in panic, throwing you forward off the bike and dumping the front.

How long have you been riding? Why are you on a supersport?

All of this is ok, though. I get it, and I wasn't born a good rider. I've messed up and paid the price, mostly because I was on
too much bike that was too heavy for my skill level. Maybe you have been riding for years.

Thing is, I'd have just thought it was adorable that you posted this, and moved on, except that you had the audacity to ask for
$5000 to "get you back on two wheels". As if nothing is good enough for your delicate tastes but a shiny yamaha, and no other
bikes exist.

***I'm surprised your balls hurt, because they'd have to be made of steel for you to stroll up in here with these sort of
shenanigans. ***

If you wanted to get back on two wheels, you could get there with a <$1200 beater bandit, GS500, DR650, SV650, EX250, or EX500.
Instead, you expect others to fund you another luxury item when you couldn't even care for the one that you had in a proper
manner?

Stay off two wheels until you get some perspective. You can die on two wheels, and it's not something to be taken for granted.

EDIT: WOW! Ok, so the guy took the bad medicine like an absolute champ, and we are now buddies with me helping him figure out what he needs to get the bike back on the road for about 600, and he said he has always wanted a streetfighter, but no money or idea of how to work on bikes. Nice guy, and willing to learn and put work in. I'm glad I was nice.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 19, 2016

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Coydog posted:

LOL.

I feel like people can scroll past if they want, and that's why I try to have pictures for the reading impaired. It probably seems like a lot of effort posts, but writing is My Thing, and this stuff takes a minute or two to generate, straight from the dome. I enjoy it. :(

This made me laugh, thank you.

I don't want to dox the guy that much. It's a spitting image, though. Katniss with short hair. Dude is the sexiest man alive.

I was thinking the same thing, except it looked like the rear subframe was a bit cockeyed. Local supermoto kid was in a similar situation , though, and is rebuilding his bike himself, because he is awesome. I think his bike is salvagable, for sure, but he is too stupid to know this.

So, unable to resist, I took a few minutes after getting home from class to reply this to him:

EDIT: WOW! Ok, so the guy took the bad medicine like an absolute champ, and we are now buddies with me helping him figure out what he needs to get the bike back on the road for about 600, and he said he has always wanted a streetfighter, but no money or idea of how to work on bikes. Nice guy, and willing to learn and put work in. I'm glad I was nice.

Now, kiss.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

"sexiest man alive"
"effort post"
"We are now friends"

They are gonna fuk.

So how long has he been riding?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
He's going to murder you the second he meets you.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Shadowlz posted:

"sexiest man alive"
"effort post"
"We are now friends"

They are gonna fuk.

So how long has he been riding?

We don't know, he hasn't let Coydog up yet, but I'm thinking since it's been more than four hours Sexiest Man Alive should call a doctor.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh you guys. No need to be jealous. I'd do the same for any of you. And by the same, I mean ridicule you for sport for being dumb, then provide help from my vast mental storehouses once you bowed to my obvious superiority. (offer excludes PCOS and perhaps Bananana)

Something something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJLTn10E0OY

Pine Scented posted:

He's going to murder you the second he meets you.

A likely forecast.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I already had that song on my ride playlist (because Spotify's Discover Weekly feature owns) and now I'm doing my best to purge the video from my brain because ugh, git yer feet on them pegs you kids! :corsair:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coydog posted:

Oh you guys. No need to be jealous. I'd do the same for any of you. And by the same, I mean ridicule you for sport for being dumb, then provide help from my vast mental storehouses once you bowed to my obvious superiority. (offer excludes PCOS and perhaps Bananana)

It's okay, I'm not into guys

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

Where can I contact you to take you up on this? I've got loads of questions.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

I already had that song on my ride playlist (because Spotify's Discover Weekly feature owns) and now I'm doing my best to purge the video from my brain because ugh, git yer feet on them pegs you kids! :corsair:

I can tell I'm an old man because whenever I see dudes on 'tards or dirt bikes doing dank whoolies it's all good but guys doing highchairs on ratted out sportbikes = fuckin squids

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
No no, that is the correct mindset. A proper assessment of the stupidity of squids spans both age, and gender.

I don't understand why you would want a ratted up caged out broken sportbike for wheelies and stoppies when the dirt bike platform does all that right out of the box with panache.

N is for Nipples posted:

Where can I contact you to take you up on this? I've got loads of questions.

I mean, as long as you understand that I'm better than you, PM is fine.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You're a good poster coydog; don't change a thing.

Eaterofpoptarts
Oct 7, 2013

Slavvy posted:

You're a good poster coydog; don't change a thing.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is this WW1, because I think someone just let loose the tear gas. *sniff* :blush:

Thanks for sayin' that, peeps.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Coydog posted:

Is this WW1, because I think someone just let loose the tear gas. *sniff* :blush:

Thanks for sayin' that, peeps.

I hope everything works out for you and Jonathan Lawrence.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Coydog posted:

I don't understand why you would want a ratted up caged out broken sportbike for wheelies and stoppies when the dirt bike platform does all that right out of the box with panache.

Well if the videos on YouTube posted by "Blox Starz" are any indication of what some of the larger stunt groups are into, the wheelies and stoppies are only half the fun. The other half is running when you inevitably cross paths with a cop.

Here's one of their videos from my city to illustrate this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMB-y8IaFqo

They've got more where they show you how to intentionally dent and gently caress up your tank. I've often heard that some of these bikes are stolen.
There's also tons of legitimate bikes sitting on salvage lots. Super cheap route if you're not plating or insuring your bike and will gently caress up the bike a bit more anyway.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
i dunno how stunters get away from cops with such huge rear end rear sprockets

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Razzled posted:

i dunno how stunters get away from cops with such huge rear end rear sprockets

Well in this case he sat there topped out at what looked like 140km/h and when the cop overtook him he did a u-turn and hosed off down a side road. You're probably also over-estimating the ford crown victoria and police driving ability in general.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Slavvy posted:

Well in this case he sat there topped out at what looked like 140km/h and when the cop overtook him he did a u-turn and hosed off down a side road. You're probably also over-estimating the ford crown victoria and police driving ability in general.

The U-turn was the only thing that saved him, really, and the fact that it looked like a helicopter wasn't out at the time.

This is where he made the turn.

Unless there was another cop ready to go in the northbound lanes, there was no easy way to follow with the median set up like that. It's hard to tell, but there's a little bit of a mound there, and the gap between the rail on the jersey barrier is a few feet at most.

I will say I do enjoy their videos if only because I like trying to figure out where they are in my city when they're running. Like a more extreme version of GeoGuessr.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Bloody insurance company robot sent me a renewal reminder a month early. I didn't notice this until after I debited them £200 for the new policy; rang them up and nope, sorry, it's too early to just push the start date back, you'll have to cancel the new policy and take it out again next month.

I'll have the money back in 3 or 4 days they say. I'm so glad I decided not to gently caress around with finance this year, or it probably would have been much more nightmarish to cancel.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Oh my god you're still riding?!"

Um... it's 61*F outside and you've asked me the same question on a 35* day, what made you think today would be a car day?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
61? I still wear my mesh jacket when it's that warm out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
One of my favorite things about riding in Winter is that it apparently means you are a super hero, even in California, where the weather can get to an unbearable 50 degrees in January.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
A couple years ago when I was looking for a classic style leather jacket, I was remarking to the clerk at the gear store how difficult it was to find a nice leather jacket where I live. The clerk said "That's because it doesn't get cold here." I replied "What? It gets below freezing." "Not during the riding season." I looked at him like he was a loving alien. "Every day is riding season."

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Funny, I use my leather for when it's hot. Full Klim nerventure kit for cold weather.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

captainOrbital posted:

I have a lighter textile jacket for 3/4 seasons and a Transition 4 for winter, I never could get over the "But it's just mesh" thought when it comes to gear

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

When I bought my mesh jacket I commented to the clerk about not trusting its protection. He said, "oh here, I wrecked that exact jacket, this is how it does at about 90 mph on the track" and pulled up some of his crash photos on the store computer. Sold.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

I have a lighter textile jacket for 3/4 seasons and a Transition 4 for winter, I never could get over the "But it's just mesh" thought when it comes to gear

I'm of the same opinion

RadioPassive posted:

When I bought my mesh jacket I commented to the clerk about not trusting its protection. He said, "oh here, I wrecked that exact jacket, this is how it does at about 90 mph on the track" and pulled up some of his crash photos on the store computer. Sold.

...but if I also saw these kinds of photos I might change my mind as well. Wonder what kind of track let him ride with mesh gear though.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

captainOrbital posted:

Would do bad things to awful people for 61 degrees right about now. 38 last night, still haven't picked up a new battery and tires for my car.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I love it when it starts getting wet and "cold" here (it was about 48 this morning). It means I don't have to come back to three other bikes squeezed next to mine haphazardly in the parking garage.

I am so in love with the Klim stuff. I was riding along in heavy rain a few mornings ago and a truck next to me decided it would be rad to drive in the ruts, so it was like someone turned a hose on me on the highway. 5 seconds or so until I got enough ahead of him to get out of the spray. Completely dry, no leaks whatsoever.

It was expensive, but man I can't tell you how nice it is to get to work without being soaked somewhere.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Duck_King posted:

A couple years ago when I was looking for a classic style leather jacket, I was remarking to the clerk at the gear store how difficult it was to find a nice leather jacket where I live. The clerk said "That's because it doesn't get cold here." I replied "What? It gets below freezing." "Not during the riding season." I looked at him like he was a loving alien. "Every day is riding season."

My textile jacket is my go-to whenever it starts getting cold out. If it holds out on the highway, It'll sure keep me plenty warm when I'm on my 2 legs.

People who don't ride in cold don't know what they're missing, and cost-wise you can justify the dual use. I shoveled snow in my jacket and riding pants last winter and had to take the jacket off because I was getting warm.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Heated gear is the way to go, wish I had bought some years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I wish I'd bought gerbing first time :saddowns: