Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I think vaping and the people who do it are inherently funny but they've been a little heavy handed about it sometimes. Whichonevap.es is the funniest concept I've come across in a long time, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I will never not laugh at Griffin's euphamisms for pulling and blowing out a big ol' cloud of cotton candy flavored water mist from a robot's glowing blue dick.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

greatn posted:

Anyone else not into all the vape material? I just don't get it or find it funny, and they keep doing more goofs on it. I've gotten to the point where I start skipping when they start talking about vaping and vape rigs.

"Vape culture" is insane and amazing - competitive vaping, vape streams, etc. - but yeah just talking about someone using an ecig is like, who cares

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
sounds like big analog got to some people in this thread...

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Vapes out for Harambe, the original VapeApe.

Edit: the MBMBAM facebook group is doing their damndest to run the use of the word "boy" straight into the ground.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 18, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/queencaitt/status/788210245327790080

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Jaa'm is the best monster that ever came out of the factory and I will never forgive Will Wright for taking it from us.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ariong posted:

Jaa'm is the best monster that ever came out of the factory and I will never forgive Will Wright for taking it from us.

I still hold Boy Mayor as the best, only because he's the best example of the "No Middle Sliders" spirit of the show, but Ja'am is the truest monster to come out of all this.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
I fully expect to get dragged for this but I swear to God I looked for the answer before asking this question. How does one submit Yahoo Answers? Is it just the mbmbam@maximumfun.org email address, or is this Facebook link dump group a real thing? And if I send an email, do I just send packs of them? I have found many questions from poor souls who are in dire need of the brothers' help.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SpacePig posted:

I still hold Boy Mayor as the best, only because he's the best example of the "No Middle Sliders" spirit of the show, but Ja'am is the truest monster to come out of all this.

Boy Mayor also had the most "character" to him.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

SpacePig posted:

This may be a minority opinion but I feel like they really didn't probe the limits of what's possible in Spore. I distinctly remember it being possible to do things like attach legs to other legs and hold down a key combination to make asymmetrical creatures.

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

quote:

Thanks for vibing it and keeping it tight. If you need me, I'm on my mobile.

So I have only just heard the best Jumbotron message imaginable and I have been listening to these dudes a few times a week for months now. I feel like the last several months of my life would have been infinitely richer had I heard it earlier.

Can we get it added to the OP?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

TACD posted:

This may be a minority opinion but I feel like they really didn't probe the limits of what's possible in Spore. I distinctly remember it being possible to do things like attach legs to other legs and hold down a key combination to make asymmetrical creatures.

It seemed to run extremely bad on Griffin's PC (and Spore was pretty jacked up in spots to begin with) so I doubt they felt stable enough to get real stuck in like that. It's a shame because I would have liked to see how they dealt with the building and ship designers. The building one I remember being really robust for something that was absolutely inconsequential and went away after 10 minutes.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ATP5G1 posted:

I fully expect to get dragged for this but I swear to God I looked for the answer before asking this question. How does one submit Yahoo Answers? Is it just the mbmbam@maximumfun.org email address, or is this Facebook link dump group a real thing? And if I send an email, do I just send packs of them? I have found many questions from poor souls who are in dire need of the brothers' help.

I believe it's just the email address.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

The Lowdog posted:

So I have only just heard the best Jumbotron message imaginable and I have been listening to these dudes a few times a week for months now. I feel like the last several months of my life would have been infinitely richer had I heard it earlier.

It's been beaten. The best one is the Coldplay Poem.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TACD posted:

Yeah, you could hold A to make a part asymmetrical. Kinda a shame that they missed that but gently caress it, Spore's busted and unstable anyway

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Just when I think the McElroys have referenced their last TV show that I've never heard of, in comes James Bond Jr. Sometimes I think they're just making these up.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ariong posted:

Just when I think the McElroys have referenced their last TV show that I've never heard of, in comes James Bond Jr. Sometimes I think they're just making these up.

How are you old enough to have a David the Gnome avatar but not remember James Bond Jr

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

My avatar is actually the main character of Homestuck, Screaming Wizard.

EDIT: Did I grow up in an alternate universe where all the cartoons are different are different but everything else is the same?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 19, 2016

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
As a kid, I set the timer function on my TV to turn on at 6:29 AM every day so I could wake up to James Bond, Jr. on the local Fox affiliate before I had to get ready for school. It was not a good show, but I continued to do this.

The NES game based on the show was surprisingly fun if not technically "Good." It's the game where I learned how to use Damage Boosting as a pro video game strategy.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

As a kid, I set the timer function on my TV to turn on at 6:29 AM every day so I could wake up to James Bond, Jr. on the local Fox affiliate before I had to get ready for school. It was not a good show, but I continued to do this.

The NES game based on the show was surprisingly fun if not technically "Good." It's the game where I learned how to use Damage Boosting as a pro video game strategy.

I did that for Mighty Max. :unsmith:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfHi4gbrzU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

I did this for Sailor Moon and later french DBZ, which still has the greatest opening song that doesn't match the show at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ1NcxAZUYk

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Out of curiosity, what's so special about Rotom?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He grants wishes

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Luneshot posted:

You can keep change it infinitely between seven different types.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Just listened to the first episode of court appointed and they already screwed up a basic part of the law of trespass. The lawyer host is a goober, and Tommy Smirl is like an off brand Cliff.

Gonna see if they find their footing after a couple of eps

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Luneshot posted:

You can turn it into a lawn mower.

LamesDoc
May 18, 2014

The Lowdog posted:

What's the jumbotron message that's so good?

Oh I apparently can't read. My bad

LamesDoc fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 19, 2016

Serf
May 5, 2011

LamesDoc posted:

It's quoted in the post.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

LamesDoc posted:

.... the one that he quoted in the post.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Just listened to the first episode of court appointed and they already screwed up a basic part of the law of trespass. The lawyer host is a goober, and Tommy Smirl is like an off brand Cliff.

Gonna see if they find their footing after a couple of eps
It gets a bit better, but it's at best one of those podcasts where you pick and choose the eps based on subject. I like R'lyeh and all but I skipped the one where she talks Hamilton.

I find Tommy is pretty likeable, myself.

Court Appointed: At Least It's Not Bunker Buddies!™

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ariong posted:

James Bond Jr

I'm surprised they didn't mention Oddjob Jr., who has a flattop and wears goofy 90s hip hop fashion.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Guy Mann posted:

I'm surprised they didn't mention Oddjob Jr., who has a flattop and wears goofy 90s hip hop fashion.

*in an extremely Just Like Bart Voice*
Toe to tip, that's an Oddjob.
Just like Oddjob!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm certain I never watched that show but the theme song has remained in my head even as I've forgotten infinite useful information. It will never leave. It's permanent.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
At least you've got the whole song. All I can remember is that they say JAMES BOND JUNIOR. And then my vision whites out as I scream about how that makes no sense

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was listening to Adventure Zone on the walk home and got to them introducing Tom Bodett and I had to stop walking I was laughing so hard.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Asiina posted:

I was listening to Adventure Zone on the walk home and got to them introducing Tom Bodett and I had to stop walking I was laughing so hard.

I've learned when listening to a McElroy show it's generally unwise to do so in public, because you usually end up looking crazy doubled over your shopping cart laughing in the bread aisle.
Or that might just be my experience

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spaced God posted:

I've learned when listening to a McElroy show it's generally unwise to do so in public, because you usually end up looking crazy doubled over your shopping cart laughing in the bread aisle.
Or that might just be my experience

Yeah, I looked like an idiot on my way to the pharmacy listening to Wizard Swears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
When I first became obsessed with Hamilton I would listen to it 24/7 and cry during parts of it absolutely without fail, no matter if I was on the bus or at the store or at work. I don't know if that's better or worse than being completely incapable of containing my laughter listening to podcasts.