Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

LornMarkus posted:

Yup, at full price you evaluate it just like you would any other banner: do I need/want anything on this?

Oh I didn't even realize this is 50 Mythril, in that case instant skip. Even for 25 Mythril the risk of getting like, 1 unique white mage SB from 2014 didn't seem worth it.

I really need damaging OSBs/BSBs too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I used Garnet as a summoner since I wanted the hastega RES up and Hi regen, but her damage was utter dogshit. Would have been better off bringing Edea since she could at least buff MAG for ninjas

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Phew, nailed all the nightmare bosses up until Guardian, also eking out mastery on Kaiser without seeing a lightning phase.

Man, Lich was such a pain in the rear end - I had 4/5 of my guys toting moderate to major death resist, and warp just nailed them anyway (through mblink, I might add). On top of paralyse procs from the ST attack... Nasty.

Strangely, Tyro and Ramza, who were both equipped with memento rings, were the first to die :v:

Nonetheless, the KO medals are generous, and I think I only lost one with 3 dead - so you don't have to SL if you've got it in the bag and all your dudes die.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Made it through the Curada preliminaries, haven't tried the actual Nightmare yet. Given the string of WHM BSBs I've received lately, it shouldn't be an issue. Dropped mythril on JPN's lucky draw, ended up getting Guy's SSB axe, Thancred's BSB dagger, and Faris's USB. Just when you are ready to get out, it pulls you back in. I don't know if that's a good or bad problem to have. Probably bad, since I'm dumb enough to whale for e-peen cred.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

FeralWraith posted:

Made it through the Curada preliminaries, haven't tried the actual Nightmare yet. Given the string of WHM BSBs I've received lately, it shouldn't be an issue. Dropped mythril on JPN's lucky draw, ended up getting Guy's SSB axe, Thancred's BSB dagger, and Faris's USB. Just when you are ready to get out, it pulls you back in. I don't know if that's a good or bad problem to have. Probably bad, since I'm dumb enough to whale for e-peen cred.

I was going to save for VI but then I saw this post and it stirred that gamblers itch.

Glad I did though, because I got Razamatazz, Ragnarok IX and some Blitzball.

Which means I am now capable of full swing water meta, with Tidus BSB + OSB and Rikku's imperil water.

JP why you so good to me?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I highly recommend reading boss descriptions, bringing Death resist for lich, and not wasting 50 stamina because of a freak 5-hit Death. :shepface:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
What's the best way to whittle down Kraken? The guy's got a ton of HP, defense and resistance and I can't outlast the big guy right now.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

gently caress Kaiser Dragon. I can beat him no problem but I've been at it for almost 2 hours now reloading to get the stupid lightning/water weakness mastery conditions. Basically, gently caress these "exploit a weakness the boss might not even go into" mastery conditions in general.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

If I beat a boss in the Nightmare dungeon, will it still be beaten after the dungeons close and reopen, or do I lose that progress? I was gonna go for the Meltdown record and I beat Garland like a chump, but Hein is just too much for a physical only team between his AoE blind and his insane evasion, and my mage team isn't even close to ready yet, so I guess I'll put that one on the backburner for now.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If I beat a boss in the Nightmare dungeon, will it still be beaten after the dungeons close and reopen, or do I lose that progress? I was gonna go for the Meltdown record and I beat Garland like a chump, but Hein is just too much for a physical only team between his AoE blind and his insane evasion, and my mage team isn't even close to ready yet, so I guess I'll put that one on the backburner for now.
it will stay beaten

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Skytank seems to be worse; I am having an awful time trying to get all my mitigation up before it murders someone with Turret Fire.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

AweStriker posted:

Skytank seems to be worse; I am having an awful time trying to get all my mitigation up before it murders someone with Turret Fire.

Equip KO resist accessories and skytank becomes a chump.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Attestant posted:

I highly recommend reading boss descriptions, bringing Death resist for lich, and not wasting 50 stamina because of a freak 5-hit Death. :shepface:

I did that, and he got super-lucky with Stop instead. And he spammed it a lot. Still kicked his head in though. Just tedious.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

CaptainPsyko posted:

Equip KO resist accessories and skytank becomes a chump.

That helps against Missile, but Turret Fire is by all appearances a row-ignoring physical. I think what I'm going to have to do is move my Protectga onto someone else, Y'shtola needs to be using SSII her first turn.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Anyone recall how long the downtime from mc crystals being gone from the gyshal shop was in jp? Trying to help a friend kickstart his game like I did in jp but no such luck :v:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So I guess the Guy event isn't starting tonight after all? There was no announcement about it last night...

I'll probably wait until tomorrow morning to do the Nightmare dungeons if that's the case, because gently caress doing Thursdaily. If I'm not going to spend my stamina grinding it during double greens time, I'm sure as hell not going to do it now. I could knock out a couple of the elites I have left with no stamina shard rewards, I suppose.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Grozz Nuy posted:

So I guess the Guy event isn't starting tonight after all? There was no announcement about it last night...

I'll probably wait until tomorrow morning to do the Nightmare dungeons if that's the case, because gently caress doing Thursdaily. If I'm not going to spend my stamina grinding it during double greens time, I'm sure as hell not going to do it now. I could knock out a couple of the elites I have left with no stamina shard rewards, I suppose.

I have my stamina allotted for Nightmares + story dungeons so I avoid doing Thursdailies altogether. :v:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can Finishing Touch and other OSBs crit?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I currently have the following 5* skills at rank 1, and I haven't decided which order to work on them, and how far to hone them:

Chain Blizzaga
Chain Firaga
Tornado Strike
Full Charge
Powerchain
Dark Zone

The only one that I can afford to hone right now is Tornado Strike, but I'm not sure if it fits cleanly into my setup. I'm also tapped out on Non-Elemental Orbs, so it will take quite a while to build up what's needed for the Chain spells.

My current A-Team is:

Tyro (SG)
Ramza (Shout)
Selphie (Dreamstage)
Some combination of: Lightning (Crushing Blow) / Agrias (Cleansing Strike) / Terra (M-Tek Missile) / Garnet (Dagger of Resolve BSB)

I also have BSBs for Squall and Balthier, but I need to level them up quite a bit to slot them into an Ultimate team.

What's my play here?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I thought that three R2 Diagas would be fine for the Guardian fight. NOPE. That's nowhere near enough casts to get through that HP when a level 80 Selphie with 546 Mind only does about 2500-3000 damage per cast.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to think that the Nightmare Evrae fight is my eternal punishment for all my sins, because no matter how many times I reset, he always fucks me over somehow. Do you think Sisyphus will trade places with me?

Seriously though, I'm not sure how you're supposed to do this fight without Wall and a Hastega. I don't have native Wall so I have to RW it, which means my choices for Haste are Ramza, Edward, Krile, or throwing the spell onto one of the white mages and having them spend 5+ turns buffing everyone instead of contributing damage which, as you can imagine, eats heavily into Wall uptime so it's almost kind of pointless. Meanwhile, Krile is completely useless for this fight due to the target conditions (else I'd just throw Alexander and Maduin on her and watch her wreck poo poo; that'd be ideal too because Heavy Regen would be nice for this fight); Edward can cast Bard Protectga/Shellga and that's literally it, he'd have to just stand there the rest of the time until he could use his SB again.

Which leaves Ramza, who can at least use ninja magic in addition to providing Haste for everyone. It won't last forever like a WHM Haste would since my equipment selection for him means I'm choosing between either MND or MAG rather than both, but I'm reasonably confident he'll have it up again before we ever need to recast, and he gets to contribute some damage to the fight rather than being completely useless, so he wins the Hastega spot through process of elimination.

However, none of this helps me with the fact that all his attacks are AoEs that hurt a fuckton. I guess, for whatever reason, DeNA decided that Nightmare bosses shouldn't have ramp-up time like Ultimates, and should immediately be able to go into using their AoE shitwreckers since, you know, it's fun when players have to reset over and over again just to get a start where they only take 1500 damage to everyone instead of 2.5-3k damage. This is on top of the fact that he can just arbitrarily decide in the middle of one of his turns that he's going to poison himself and get ready to use his Nightmare Poison Breath, so whoever has Esuna spends the entire fight with their thumb up their rear end waiting for the inevitable poisoning, because if you try to, say, cast Diaga on the boss after he uses an attack, he can just go "Hey, I'm poisoned, and you're in the middle of a cast. Enjoy the reset!" so that character doesn't really get to contribute anything until phase 2 once the lens are all shattered, and then goes back to doing nothing but wait in phase 3.

TL;DR Nightmare Evrae is bullshit and I'm salty as gently caress right now. I'd rather go back to the hell that was Kaiser Dragon because at least that RNG-based shitfest is somewhat fair.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Uncle Ulty posted:

I currently have the following 5* skills at rank 1, and I haven't decided which order to work on them, and how far to hone them:

Chain Blizzaga
Chain Firaga
Tornado Strike
Full Charge
Powerchain
Dark Zone

The only one that I can afford to hone right now is Tornado Strike, but I'm not sure if it fits cleanly into my setup. I'm also tapped out on Non-Elemental Orbs, so it will take quite a while to build up what's needed for the Chain spells.

My current A-Team is:

Tyro (SG)
Ramza (Shout)
Selphie (Dreamstage)
Some combination of: Lightning (Crushing Blow) / Agrias (Cleansing Strike) / Terra (M-Tek Missile) / Garnet (Dagger of Resolve BSB)

I also have BSBs for Squall and Balthier, but I need to level them up quite a bit to slot them into an Ultimate team.

What's my play here?

Are those your only 5* skills, or do you have Full Break at r2 already?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I'm sorry I ever said Seph's BSB was "showing its age". Why yes, I would like ~9500 unmitigatable damage a turn with little more than a Shout level Boostga. Why certainly, I would love that number jumping to about ~11500 with Dark Bargain. 12000 Defense? Well, these rocks falling on your head say gently caress you, Mr. Guardian! :shepface:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Armitage posted:

What's the best way to whittle down Kraken? The guy's got a ton of HP, defense and resistance and I can't outlast the big guy right now.

Swapped out Vivi for Beatrix, went with Shout instead of SG for more offense. Didn't really need SG as long as I kept Divine Guardian and Rose of May Up. I set up Scoop Art for a reason, to focus on Kraken near the end of the fight so I didn't kill the other tentacle. I used Stellar Circle 5 instead. oops. Luckily Rosa's magic blink made Ultimate Waterga a non issue but I didn't champion the fight. I may go for a rematch later!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Attestant posted:

Are those your only 5* skills, or do you have Full Break at r2 already?

Ah yes, I forgot to note my existing 5* skills. I have Full Break, Saint Cross, Flare, and Meteor at R3, and Flashing Blade, Thief's Revenge, and Multi-Break at R2. My 4* skills are also totally covered, everything marginally useful is honed to R3 or 4. I'm just looking for next steps, since I don't have a clear path. I have a bunch of medica SBs, and a ton of physical SBs, but not much in the way of magic ones. So I don't know if I should lean on Tornado Strike and FC/PC to further the physical agenda, or go to the Chain -agas and Dark Zone to make up for my lack of magic damage.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
DNEA dont do Instant KO fights like that again

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!
I'm setting up for Kaiser Dragon since I really want that Meltdown. I have a native Sheepsong and SG, and most of my -aja spells are at R4. Exdeath also has Neo Almagest, so there's some magic dodge there too. I tried last night with a healing BSB as my RW and only managed to get to the third phase before I started running out of gas (my spells average at ~5800 damage with sheepsong up, quad 9s on weakness). Is there anything else I should try while I'm honing up my spells more?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it's kind of hard to succeed at this hot potato stuff when the targeted enemy attacks a microsecond before the cannon fires

gently caress you, game

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

^^Exactly!

Guardian's being a finicky pain in the rear end with the "normal" strategy, so if I decide to go for a brute force strategy with ninja magic and/or Sephiroth's BSB as an RW, what level of hones should I be looking for? I currently have the 3-star ninja abilities at R5 and Phantasm at R1, but in a pinch I could probably hone some progress on Piercing Strike or more 3-star ninja abilities as well.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 19, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

NGDBSS posted:

^^Exactly!

Guardian's being a finicky pain in the rear end with the "normal" strategy, so if I decide to go for a brute force strategy with ninja magic and/or Sephiroth's BSB as an RW, what level of hones should I be looking for? I currently have the 3-star ninja abilities at R5 and Phantasm at R1, but in a pinch I could probably hone some progress on Piercing Strike or more 3-star ninja abilities as well.

If you're using a RW BSB to brute force it, consider using Selphie's BSB instead. It offers a +MAG/MND kickback to boost your (uncountered) summons/Diagas and (countered) Ninja magic, provides an AoE entry to burst down the cannon/launchers, and even if it can't do unmitigated damage like Seph's can, it will help you minimize losses since it won't draw counters of its own - the attack skill on it is coded as WHT. In addition, it means you don't have to pack Dispel for the mastery conditions - just use Selphie's attack command on one of the launchers once, instead.

Phantasm will do noticably more damage against the Guardian itself, being a higher potency 4* single target attack. You want that at least honed to R3, even with your ninja magics at R5, and remember to leave Swift Bolt at home, everything there absorbs Lightning. Consider packing Valeduin/Bahamut/high honed 4* summons (Alexander and Leviathan, mainly); while they won't do a lot of damage, the launchers and cannon don't have a lot of HP and you want to burn through those as quickly as possible whenever they pop up. The Guardian on its own is easily managable damage, but having two Mustard Bomb-spamming assholes and trying to work with the fight's gimmick while still dealing with everything else is pretty overwhelming.

Basically, having your own Selphie BSB trivializes this fight in the same way Penelo's SSB made Evrae tolerable.

EDIT:

Vprisoner posted:

I'm setting up for Kaiser Dragon since I really want that Meltdown. I have a native Sheepsong and SG, and most of my -aja spells are at R4. Exdeath also has Neo Almagest, so there's some magic dodge there too. I tried last night with a healing BSB as my RW and only managed to get to the third phase before I started running out of gas (my spells average at ~5800 damage with sheepsong up, quad 9s on weakness). Is there anything else I should try while I'm honing up my spells more?

Try running Lulu's Focus or Celes's Maria Song as your RW, and have Exdeath or Tyro on healbot duty. The important thing is that a stacking faithga plus sheepsong will give you the burst damage you're lacking.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 19, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

KataraniSword posted:

Selphie's curaja command
Note: This isn't quite right. The curaja command has an added high regen, it's the ATTACK command (Moonstone) that's a dispel. It just gets reflected, so it's only useful against protect, shell, and haste :downs:

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!

KataraniSword posted:

Try running Lulu's Focus or Celes's Maria Song as your RW, and have Exdeath or Tyro on healbot duty. The important thing is that a stacking faithga plus sheepsong will give you the burst damage you're lacking.

I actually didn't think about Maria's Song, I forgot the initial cast doesn't actually hit the enemy. My only native AoE heal is off a Scholar's Hat, but I'll definitely give that a try.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

If you're using a RW BSB to brute force it, consider using Selphie's BSB instead. It offers a +MAG/MND kickback to boost your (uncountered) summons/Diagas and (countered) Ninja magic, provides an AoE entry to burst down the cannon/launchers, and even if it can't do unmitigated damage like Seph's can, it will help you minimize losses since it won't draw counters of its own - the attack skill on it is coded as WHT. In addition, it means you don't have to pack Dispel for the mastery conditions - just use Selphie's curaja command on one of the launchers once, instead.

Phantasm will do noticably more damage against the Guardian itself, being a higher potency 4* single target attack. You want that at least honed to R3, even with your ninja magics at R5, and remember to leave Swift Bolt at home, everything there absorbs Lightning. Consider packing Valeduin/Bahamut/high honed 4* summons (Alexander and Leviathan, mainly); while they won't do a lot of damage, the launchers and cannon don't have a lot of HP and you want to burn through those as quickly as possible whenever they pop up. The Guardian on its own is easily managable damage, but having two Mustard Bomb-spamming assholes and trying to work with the fight's gimmick while still dealing with everything else is pretty overwhelming.

Basically, having your own Selphie BSB trivializes this fight in the same way Penelo's SSB made Evrae tolerable.
I'll probably have to wait for more dark orbs, then, since I'm really low on them after some recent hones made before looking up the boss. :downs: Plus I'll probably have to hold for a bit before I can get more, since Thorns of the Rose has none.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Note: This isn't quite right. The curaja command has an added high regen, it's the ATTACK command (Moonstone) that's a dispel. It just gets reflected, so it's only useful against protect, shell, and haste :downs:

And Regen, which is the only reason that mastery requirement exists anyway.

I'm actually glad I was wrong! Thinking about it, a dispel on a heal is really dumb anyway.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Aggghhhhh there are not enough major dark orbs to go around.

I want to hone Dark Zone since it's kind of useless at r1 compared to my r4 Drainga...but I also want to make a copy of Multi Break for when I need it, and I broke Vaan's third level cap so he's quickly getting to the level where he can do five Thief's Revenge hits without burst mode, so I want that. But also I need to save some for honing Chain Stonega if I get one of the enearth BSBs I'm gunning for...aaaaaaaa

DeNA please let me convert some of my giant pile of major white/wind/earth orbs into dark

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Okay, just said gently caress it to the hot potato and just blitzed the boss down with ninja magic. Ninja magic is subpar 90% of the time, but holy poo poo is it amazing the other 10%

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!

Vprisoner posted:

I actually didn't think about Maria's Song, I forgot the initial cast doesn't actually hit the enemy. My only native AoE heal is off a Scholar's Hat, but I'll definitely give that a try.

Yeah, turns out the actual secret is to build up a cache of magic dodges and laugh your way through the final phase

I don't know if I should bother with Curada or the others but goddamn Meltdown owns

Vprisoner fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 19, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Yeah i think ima just Ninja magic this guy since he doesn't really do anything notable, and his big hitters are pretty manageable due to Kevin Owens owned items.

But his defense is absurd. I tried Darkness because Exdeath has White 5 for some reason. Worked ok and I didn't give a poo poo about his counters but didn't do nearly enough damage.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Ah yes, I forgot to note my existing 5* skills. I have Full Break, Saint Cross, Flare, and Meteor at R3, and Flashing Blade, Thief's Revenge, and Multi-Break at R2. My 4* skills are also totally covered, everything marginally useful is honed to R3 or 4. I'm just looking for next steps, since I don't have a clear path. I have a bunch of medica SBs, and a ton of physical SBs, but not much in the way of magic ones. So I don't know if I should lean on Tornado Strike and FC/PC to further the physical agenda, or go to the Chain -agas and Dark Zone to make up for my lack of magic damage.

Well, I mean don't bother honing multi-break or flashing blade past r2 first off. And do hone thief's revenge to r3. Hone full charge, as it does ssb level damage for an ssb level charge up. Don't feel obligated to hone powerchain right away as full charge is still real good without it.Yes it's better with powerchain, but it isn't necessary. Hell until recently I completed many an ultimate with only dark zone, fullbreak, saint's cross and full charge as my 5* and above abilities. Dark zone is great due to it giving you access to a super strong combo for easy cid mission magic damage. And I mean easy, and I mean strong. It's good.

Also why no dragoon jump? It's excellent damage, and is the sole reason why dragoons are now super desirable powerhouses. While there will be a just as good thunder version coming up that can hit a weakness, dragoons can't attack over the damage cap (3* abilities are single hit) with enough elements such that if thunder is resisted or absorbed to get around not honing the non-elemental thing. This is key to what I'm about to say next.

About your flare and meteor. Yeah they are good non-elemental damage, but black mage's can use enough elements that they can just use a different spell if one is resisted. The multiplier for the new chain spells is 11.8 (over two hits), whereas flare's is 12. Meaning flare's damage over the chain spells is nothing to consider unless the boss is resistant to all of fire, ice, blizzard, thunder, stone and bio (which are all the chain spells in japan to date). And that's with no elemental weakness in consideration! Hit a weakness and flare is just straight up 100% garbage. And meteor isn't worth having either. If you need magic aoe damage use a summoner. I mean maduin is only a 4* ability and its already stronger than meteor, and does it over 2 hits to avoid hitting damage cap.

Also while meteor, tornado strike, sky grinder and flashing blade are decent enough aoe damage, they straight up suck. Each of those classes will get or has gotten somehing far better that you will want to focus on instead. The aoe does not make up for the way worse damage when you need those orbs for other things. Except I guess tornado strike is ok because it has an element attached to it, and so far japan has not gotten a chain spellblade wind ability. But it's not worth honing before anything else at all.

Like, don't be attached to flare and meteor. Ditch them asap. Maybe hold onto flare if you can't hone the chain spells yet, but then shatter it as soon as you can. If you need non-elemental damage, don't use an elemental focused class like black mage or spellblade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

U-DO Burger posted:

Okay, just said gently caress it to the hot potato and just blitzed the boss down with ninja magic. Ninja magic is subpar 90% of the time, but holy poo poo is it amazing the other 10%

The same is easily said about all defense/res-ignoring skills/SBs. They're only at their most useful when they outshine normal attacks, which requires a certain threshold of enemy imperviousness to reach.

• Locked thread