Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Triticum Guzzler posted:

So Team Dragon split into two, with the new breakaway being called "Team Krest". I still don't know what any of it means but it seems less bad for K-1 for now?

Upcoming fight stuff:

1. Idris Elba fights on the 28th, apparently it's going to be streamed on a local Discovery channel facebook page?

2. K-1 Global (the bad one) are trying to make shows based off of the good one, but in Europe. Starting off with a 95kg 8-man tournament in Belgrade. Also since they're showing their face in Europe again people are coming out to say they didn't get paid for the show that Mirko "won". This will air in Serbia on a channel called "RTV Pink"

3. Takeru has vacated his 55kg belt and is fighting in the newly established 57.5kg (yeah) division, 55kg still exists though. The good news is he's fighting in another tournament on the 3rd of November. It's probably going to stream on Abema, the event is sold out a month in advance, which is crazy for kickboxing in Japan even in their tiny rear end venues.

4. Noiri is suddenly randomly fighting in Marseille next month for a title for Nuit Des Champions, which may or may not be some indecipherable kickboxing politics thing

why 57.5kg? Like, what's the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Eat Bum Zen posted:

why 57.5kg? Like, what's the point

Because there are more numbers than integers?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We are about two months from badr v rico, time to get your bets in on how and when badr gets arrested

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

CommonShore posted:

Because there are more numbers than integers?

I mean, I don't understand why weight classes are subdivided so frequently when you switch from MMA to something like boxing or kickboxing. Like, do you have weight classes every 2.5kg/5lbs because there are so many fighters in every division>

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

the answer is basically always politics in or between organizations

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Eat Bum Zen posted:

I mean, I don't understand why weight classes are subdivided so frequently when you switch from MMA to something like boxing or kickboxing. Like, do you have weight classes every 2.5kg/5lbs because there are so many fighters in every division>

At the low end of the weight scale, I can get superfights being negotiated for +/- 5lbs, which is about what 2.5kg is. 121lbs vs 132lbs.
But to add in a division, not sure there are that many fighters.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
part of it is they're trying to have weight classes 5lbs apart, the other part of it is that takeru beat the poo poo out of all of the krush 53/55kg guys so they wanted to get them back in somehow

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

badr is getting horsed out of his mind

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
hol yshit

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
seems a bit overkill for beating up hotel concierges

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Haha

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I wonder if, when Reem seems pics of Badr like that, if he's like "glad I knocked him out when he was skinnier," or thinks

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Luckily he can take all the steroids he wants without worrying about his heart exploding because he hasn't got one.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Triticum Guzzler posted:

holy moly

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I might've said this before but I was like 4 feet from Ricco Verhoeven after the last glory card and he looks just as cartoonishly jacked in person.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

there's a multitude of great reasons to dislike badr but darn it him and renaldo make a great couple

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

he looks really retarded like that. maybe he should go and have gay sex with asian live stock since he wants to look like one so badly

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

he looks really retarded like that. maybe he should go and have gay sex with asian live stock since he wants to look like one so badly

Ronaldo is Portuguese

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the all-japan chest punching championships are on this weekend, the first day of the tournament is already over but the second starts in 13 hours and is streamed on youtube if you have nothing better to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGc_OKFa744

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Not to be confused with any of the other 48th All-Japan Chest Punching Championships organized by the various other kyokushin orgs. :v:

Edit: Turns out there's another in two weeks.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 22, 2016

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://streamable.com/cjnp

holy gently caress this is terrible refereeing

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://streamable.com/cjnp

holy gently caress this is terrible refereeing

man this guy walks funny. maybe he has an inner ear problem or something. says he wants to fight though, so he's probably good. i mean, he sounds pretty sad and terrified when he says it, but who am i to judge? hey why's this guy waving at me? what's up guy! i think i've seen waving like that before. somewhere. can't quite put my finger on it though.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
is casey greene a known commodity and for how long have i been missing out on potential kasey greene jokes

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Glory 34 was kinda disappointing compared to 33.

Impressed by Tongchai and not just for being a 20 year old fighter with ~200 fights under his belt.

The main event was pretty good though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

Glory 34 was kinda disappointing compared to 33.

Impressed by Tongchai and not just for being a 20 year old fighter with ~200 fights under his belt.

The main event was pretty good though.

Those Thai boxing records that equate to basically fought every weekend for the last 4 years always concern me. Even if they're worked fights, that still can't be healthy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

coconono posted:

Those Thai boxing records that equate to basically fought every weekend for the last 4 years always concern me. Even if they're worked fights, that still can't be healthy.

Theyve been fighting since not long after they poo poo their pants every day.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Sorry for the mobile link http://m.imgur.com/NaMMLEJ

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Upcoming fight stuff:

1. Idris Elba fights on the 28th, apparently it's going to be streamed on a local Discovery channel facebook page?

So apparently this happened on "Road To Glory Fight Night" at York Hall, and wasn't advertised beforehand except as a "special guest fighter" - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/road-to-glory-fight-night-featuring-a-special-guest-fighter-york-hall-tickets-28735982096

There don't appear to be any posted results, but people are saying he won, and there's some video on... Madonna's Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMIKfd7hjMa/

He looks okay for a guy making his pro debut.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'd say looks fine for an amateur debut, but that better be the last round of a pure slugfest for him to be gassed out that bad at the pro level. If I were the trainer, I would have not let him go out if that were his level at the end of his documentary project.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

his hands looked a little too slow for my tastes but impressive first showing.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Elba has a whole reality show miniseries coming out about the fighting thing in January, apparently him learning about the practicals & history of kickboxing and MT and then finishing with that fight. So with that in mind, it would have been a surprise to see him paired with a fighter that could have made him look terrible in his pro debut. Its not like Elba was aiming for the upper echelons of 85kg kickboxing anyway.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Itd be fun to fight Idris elba

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
For the critically unemployed: K-1 is holding a tournament on the classic combat sports day of thursday featuring Takeru, and it should stream on Abema TV if you have a VPN or modify your referral headers

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
On my phone so I can't watch but I gather k-1 prelims start soon https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/8Q1pywDgBJfJRm

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

On my phone so I can't watch but I gather k-1 prelims start soon https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports/slots/8Q1pywDgBJfJRm

in the meantime, a swimsuit parade

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i wish i could watch all of this. a guy who came out to 'can't stop the rock' in a karate gi kicked the poo poo out of a guy who had the advantage of a special move called 'god--o win-gu punch' but the disadvantage of fighting up at least one way class and being a worse fighter in every way.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

i wish i could watch all of this. a guy who came out to 'can't stop the rock' in a karate gi kicked the poo poo out of a guy who had the advantage of a special move called 'god--o win-gu punch' but the disadvantage of fighting up at least one way class and being a worse fighter in every way.

that sounds sick. I hope it all gets put on youtube

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that sounds sick. I hope it all gets put on youtube

me too. you need to see this poo poo. there's also been a sick sternum knee ko, and a plucky japanese boy taking on an anime 'foreign devil' character who is like a foot taller than the hometown hero and it's one of the best fights i've ever seen. i'm supposed to be somewhere.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I tuned in in time to watch Takeru demolish a fool. A Good Start to the day