Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Grandma Christmas gift check going straight to Nintendo this year. As usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
That kid needs 5 months to react to the difference between like $250 and $400. Cmon duder.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

idk i love nintendo but if its between the nx and persona 5, id take persona 5 honestly

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Boten Anna posted:

idk i love nintendo but if its between the nx and persona 5, id take persona 5 honestly

At least persona 5 exists and will be awesome.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Both are good and I look forward to purchasing them both in 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Metroid: The Phantoon Pain

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

If you are so poor that 300 dollars is a huge amount, you need to be spending that money elsewhere anyway.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

antidote posted:

If you are so poor that 300 dollars is a huge amount, you need to be spending that money elsewhere anyway.

I just assume it's a college student or something of the sort. Especially as a graduate student you're likely solid on all of your needs just from being a TA and research but you need to ration money for wants. It can be helpful to know how much you can spend on a night out versus what you might prefer to save for a video game or computer upgrade or in this instance a console.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

antidote posted:

Generally people don't want to spend money on something that is a very very slightly better version of a thing they already have. Some people have money and still choose not to blow it on unnecessary purchases. Hth.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people bought a PS4 solely for a barely-30fps Dark Souls: Halloween Edition. if Nintendo put a new Metroid on the NX, fans would pay $300+ for the system just for that so the price of an NX isn't exactly going to break them

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Stan Taylor posted:

Generally people don't want to spend money on something that is a very very slightly better version of a thing they already have. Some people have money and still choose not to blow it on unnecessary purchases. Hth.

You can tell from his post that he blows his money on unnecessary purchases. Hope this helps.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

stay safe WiiRevolution1

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

The original post wasn't really that, it was "I know I am spending several hundred dollars regardless but I'm mad you won't tell me if it's 200 or 300 the year before". So your post didn't even h and you shouldn't be H about it!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

even if emily rogers is wrong I'll love her forever for breaking the brains of virtually an entire community on neogaf who want her dead

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
emily rogers was wrong, mother 3 will be released on NX U 2's virtual console in 2030

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She just doubled down on news this week and said "gently caress my critics"

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

greatn posted:

I would probably buy TMs if it had off screen play, but I only have one tv in a house with a kid and a wife who also watch it, so I'd never be able to play through the game.

you cant even play it on the tv with headphones plugged into the gamepad (the functionality provided by literally every single nintendo wii u game)
if you plug in headphones you just get the cellphone blips and boops :smith:

greatn posted:

She just doubled down on news this week and said "gently caress my critics"

i am truely shocked that emily rogers, lead nintendo leaker of facts, 100% right 9% of the time, said something nonspecific guessy and vague

also
spoilers for october 28
it wasnt announced at e3 or before tgs because nintendo does-not-want-to-gently caress-up its last holiday quarter with the stupid galaxy 3ds and nes mini and they fully intend for people to buy those and then turn around and spend another 200-400 in march, just like when they announce a new 3ds paintjob every 6 months.
shockingly, nintendo will announce a third quarter announcement to their investors and thats it

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 19, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

youcallthatatwist posted:

Nobody's mentioned Pikmin 3 yet, which is a crime

Pikmin 3 is best wii u game in my opinion. But my opinion of wii u games might be tarnished by the fact that despite really wanting to like it, I finally tried Bayonetta this month and didn't care for it. The graphics and sound design were too busy and assaulted my senses and it felt like I had to zone it all out to enjoy the battle system in little bursts. The battle system was pretty dang neat though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Yeah!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Electromax posted:

The original post wasn't really that, it was "I know I am spending several hundred dollars regardless but I'm mad you won't tell me if it's 200 or 300 the year before". So your post didn't even h and you shouldn't be H about it!

I'm a big fat dumbass and thought he was talking about a different thing and got my threads jumbled. Everyone make fun of me. Smh!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm still upset that the new nintendo won't be called the Nintendo Xavier

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She specifically said it used NVidia three months before Eurogamer, specifically has said the right thumb stick is below the buttons, the base unit has two USB 2 ports and one USB 3 port, that it is actively cooled and the sound is noticeable, the specific size and dimensions of the screen, and she's specifically confirmed a bunch of other things that other sites like LPVG and Eurogamer have reported and which will be verifiable one way or the other once it is revealed, but the above items are stuff only she has said or that she said first, and are specific and will be verifiable.

Also other outlets like Serkan Toto are saying no news this week so she's putting herself out there on this one.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

greatn posted:

She specifically said it used NVidia three months before Eurogamer, specifically has said the right thumb stick is below the buttons, the base unit has two USB 2 ports and one USB 3 port, that it is actively cooled and the sound is noticeable, the specific size and dimensions of the screen, and she's specifically confirmed a bunch of other things that other sites like LPVG and Eurogamer have reported and which will be verifiable one way or the other once it is revealed, but the above items are stuff only she has said or that she said first, and are specific and will be verifiable.

Also other outlets like Serkan Toto are saying no news this week so she's putting herself out there on this one.

the entire news system is completely hosed right now because there is attention and ad revenue to be gained from taking things mercurially said by unchecked sources or a single person making claims and reporting them safely as "unconfirmed rumors". given the amount of attention emily rogers has gained for reporting things that have been flat out untrue, its impossible at this point that the idiots she's believing (or the plan she's putting in motion) have not garnered her messages from actual sources.

its entirely possible for any individual to go out and start calling themselves a journalist or a source or a leaker and making up whatever they want, you're supposed to trust news from sources that are consistently accurate and follow best practices for journalistic integrity.

emily rogers is probably right about some or all of those facts, especially after eurogamer POTENTIALLY heard the same information and actually verified it through multiple sources, but when she talks about things like Mother3 GUARANTEED to come out you should remember back to my posts about Earthbound on virtual console and that meaning Mother 3 will guaranteed be out within a year and realize she's just telling you what you want to hear when you want to hear it for your attention and her fifteen minutes of fame.

Similar to a person called NWplayer who doesn't seem to have ANY git commits i can find for wii u homebrew but she's the "GO 2 SOURCE" for all wii u homebrew information on twitter and social media?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Does Emily Rogers work for Nintendo or some big dev? Why do people care about some person on twitter's posts about the NX otherwise?

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Just as an fyi to zolthorg and this thread: Emily Rogers has actually been right about a poo poo ton of things before.

Other things not in that post: she leaked that there was a wii u paper mario game in development, and that botw would a) have an NX port and b) have voice acting. Then again, she's also been wrong about like two things, so I guess that makes her the Lyingest Liar Who Ever Lied A Lie

At the very least, I'm pretty sure she does have semi-reliable connections in the industry, and she's not just making things up.

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 19, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

splentenda

Electromax
May 6, 2007

zolthorg posted:

Similar to a person called NWplayer who doesn't seem to have ANY git commits i can find for wii u homebrew but she's the "GO 2 SOURCE" for all wii u homebrew information on twitter and social media?

I don't quite follow what one has to do with the other. Many actual journalists don't actually work on the software/hardware they report on (not calling NWplayer one, dunno who that is). You just have to be active crawling the pages of people who do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

youcallthatatwist posted:

Just as an fyi to zolthorg and this thread: Emily Rogers has actually been right about a poo poo ton of things before.

Other things not in that post: she leaked that there was a wii u paper mario game in development, and that botw would a) have an NX port and b) have voice acting. Then again, she's also been wrong about like two things, so I guess that makes her the Lyingest Liar Who Ever Lied A Lie

At the very least, I'm pretty sure she does have semi-reliable connections in the industry, and she's not just making things up.

One of the major things she got wrong was the game having a female character. I'd be willing to bet one of her sources is with one of the promotional companies Nintendo works with, saw the lanyards they were producing, and thought it was two characters with hooded link being a girl.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
A couple of the other insidery folks on NeoGAF are strongly implying that Rogers is correct about news tomorrow or Friday, fwiw.

Me, I'm trying not to get my hopes up about any news before the 26th.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo only reveals news at 7:30 am on Monday or Tuesday and they didn't therefore it is delayed till January for announce and holiday 2017 for release - most of GAF.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I don't read NeoGAF.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you do now

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

greatn posted:

One of the major things she got wrong was the game having a female character. I'd be willing to bet one of her sources is with one of the promotional companies Nintendo works with, saw the lanyards they were producing, and thought it was two characters with hooded link being a girl.

I feel like she gets info from good sources, but plans change from when that info was generated and makes her look bad. Like she said a lot of stuff about the account system not sucking donkey dick before the Nintendo Account overhaul and I think reflecting some internal assumption that some of the more terrible parts of Nintendo's account implementation (like being tied to hardware) would go away, but they ultimately didn't. So while things are better, they didn't solve some of the major issues her sources assumed or at the time maybe even had plans to fix and whoops "Emily Rodgers is wrong again!"

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Just like when Nintendo Power featured the adventures of Zigludo in Descent of Jihad.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
My source tells me the NX will be good. Awaiting further confirmation, but I think this one might be legit.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

elf help book posted:

I don't read NeoGAF.

We're just Second Hand NeoGAF.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Well now. (This is the author of Eurogamer's original NX hybrid report from back in July, FYI.)

https://twitter.com/tomphillipseg/status/788885597486219264.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But he doesn't say the number. That means it could be zero!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm gonna be So. loving. Pissed. if tomorrow doesn't have anything. Specially since Friday is the fifth anniversary of the Nintendo Direct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Also, this. (Former Destructoid reporter, now with LPVG, has previously reported on NX hybrid details and BG&E2 exclusivity.)

https://twitter.com/laurakbuzz/status/788890329562972160

• Locked thread