Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Spoz posted:

I've honestly never seen a speed mod in the shop sell for credits. They always run like 2000+ crystals.

I've gotten 2 over the course of about a month, and that's checking after every refresh. Note that these are my only two 5 dot speed mods, I never got a single one farming for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

All my triangles came from the shop except the 1 * ones I got opening all the missions. Game hates triangles because it even skimped me on the "first time" one for health. Even buying them from the shop I never have any spare ones.

I kept track of mod drops for a few days, and came out roughly 3:1 on left side mods over right side mods, which was something I thought I had noticed. This is particularly lovely because left side mods have 1 or 2 possibilities for primaries.

E: oh yeah, the whole reason I logged in here was to say that Thursday is the expected day for new raids.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 17, 2016

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Is there a working wiki for this? There's a lot of stuff that has been hard for me to find information. An example is I couldn't find out who drops at 4-F Hard Darkside which made it difficult for prioritizing my energy on completing 4-E vs farming what I have (I ended up completing 4-E so I see now that it is Jawa).

Another example is the Credit Heist. I don't know if I have to have 5 scoundrels to run it or if I can do it with just 3 or when it unlocks if it's level based or just time based.

The OP was incredibly helpful for me in terms of giving me some direction so thanks a ton for that. In terms of unlock vs farm to X star vs farm to 7 star before moving on what is a good goal for Arena? I'm still just working towards unlocking STH, after that should I unlock Leia and IG-88 before going back to getting more STH?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Boozie posted:

Is there a working wiki for this? There's a lot of stuff that has been hard for me to find information. An example is I couldn't find out who drops at 4-F Hard Darkside which made it difficult for prioritizing my energy on completing 4-E vs farming what I have (I ended up completing 4-E so I see now that it is Jawa).

Another example is the Credit Heist. I don't know if I have to have 5 scoundrels to run it or if I can do it with just 3 or when it unlocks if it's level based or just time based.

The OP was incredibly helpful for me in terms of giving me some direction so thanks a ton for that. In terms of unlock vs farm to X star vs farm to 7 star before moving on what is a good goal for Arena? I'm still just working towards unlocking STH, after that should I unlock Leia and IG-88 before going back to getting more STH?

The wiki was pretty bad last I looked. Mostly just ask here and in guild chat, most of us are broken idiots who have played since launch and watched the devs behave like this was their first game. But "star wars" so we keep playing, and to be fair they have almost gotten better.

For scoundrels you have a lot if choices now and really good ones at that. Make sure you grab all the scoundrels like sth and 88 who fill slots in two categories, this will save you a ton of time and credits/droids/gear. Swgoh.gg is the site that seems to be the most up to date with the stats and such.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Boozie posted:

In terms of unlock vs farm to X star vs farm to 7 star before moving on what is a good goal for Arena? I'm still just working towards unlocking STH, after that should I unlock Leia and IG-88 before going back to getting more STH?

Lando, STH, and 88 will carry credit heist for you. I would use Admiral Ackbar over Leia but farm him last. I think unlock STH first, then 88, then go back to finish STH. Farm Lando from cantina and buy QGJ with cantina tokens. STH, Lando, and QGJ are solid arena characters. Phasma from Galactic War is also great for arena, but if you're still is the early game you will benefit from getting Luminara first (and unlocking Old Daka from the cantina store because Talia blows). After you finish Lando get to work on Wedge and Biggs (Wiggs). While not very useful by themselves, together they are unstoppable beasts. You can eventually run Lando, Biggs, Wedge, QGJ, STH or something very similar.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

most of us are broken idiots who have played since launch and watched the devs behave like this was their first game. But "star wars" so we keep playing, and to be fair they have almost gotten better.

Should go to the OP :v:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

Lando, STH, and 88 will carry credit heist for you. I would use Admiral Ackbar over Leia but farm him last. I think unlock STH first, then 88, then go back to finish STH. Farm Lando from cantina and buy QGJ with cantina tokens. STH, Lando, and QGJ are solid arena characters. Phasma from Galactic War is also great for arena, but if you're still is the early game you will benefit from getting Luminara first (and unlocking Old Daka from the cantina store because Talia blows). After you finish Lando get to work on Wedge and Biggs (Wiggs). While not very useful by themselves, together they are unstoppable beasts. You can eventually run Lando, Biggs, Wedge, QGJ, STH or something very similar.

This is good advice in general.

Boozie posted:

As for what drops where, as mentioned, https://swgoh.gg/ has just about all the drops, and is pretty regularly updated. If you are new, don't farm stuff from hard mode at all yet. First of all, you will lose sometimes, which is wasted energy. Secondly, it takes forever to farm up guys from hard mode, and by the time you farm them up they will probably be not useful. Spend your regular energy on gear, getting to higher gear levels matters more than stars in a lot of cases.

I would not worry too much about farming guys to 7*, mostly because it will cost you a million credits (literally) to promote them from 6 to 7, and you won't really have the credits to spare. Start by getting them to 5*, then the important ones up from there. The key thing you will be limited by early game is credits, and you need to get those scoundrels going ASAP. That means your top priority is Lando to 7, STH to 7, IG-88 to 7 and a few random other ones to 5, as the OP says.

If you do that, you will have most of a pretty good rebel arena team already, just add wedge and biggs and you are good to go.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Keep in mind you want to have 5 Rebels at 7* so you can do the Palpatine event when it returns. Lando, Biggs, Wedge, STH, Ackbar. Getting ready for the credit heist and Emperor event are the most important things to do.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

First of all, you will lose sometimes, which is wasted energy. Secondly, it takes forever to farm up guys from hard mode, and by the time you farm them up they will probably be not useful.

I don't completely agree on this, but I also don't completely disagree. If you want to get someone from Cantina, I would check if they have any hard nodes, and then farm them from both places. Cantina energy is by far the biggest limitation in terms of farming -- there are a lot of useful characters and you need to farm mods with that.

Rey used to be the queen of hard mode farming, but I'm not sure that's really worth it anymore. Daka is still really important for clearing dark side missions past about 5, and she can be obtained in Cantina credits and one hard node -- on average you will need one less shipment for every 5 days you farm her from hard.

Jedi Knight Anakin is a top tier character right now, would really recommend farming him as soon as you get to him, both in Hard (L/D 5) and Cantina (7).

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

two_step posted:

As for what drops where, as mentioned, https://swgoh.gg/ has just about all the drops, and is pretty regularly updated. If you are new, don't farm stuff from hard mode at all yet. First of all, you will lose sometimes, which is wasted energy. Secondly, it takes forever to farm up guys from hard mode, and by the time you farm them up they will probably be not useful. Spend your regular energy on gear, getting to higher gear levels matters more than stars in a lot of cases.

I would not worry too much about farming guys to 7*, mostly because it will cost you a million credits (literally) to promote them from 6 to 7, and you won't really have the credits to spare. Start by getting them to 5*, then the important ones up from there. The key thing you will be limited by early game is credits, and you need to get those scoundrels going ASAP. That means your top priority is Lando to 7, STH to 7, IG-88 to 7 and a few random other ones to 5, as the OP says.

If you do that, you will have most of a pretty good rebel arena team already, just add wedge and biggs and you are good to go.

This is exactly what I was looking for in terms of drops by location. The gear thing is something I was wondering myself because I'm probably the lowest power person in power in the top 500 of my bracket since I've just been farming shards with 90% of my energy. It's going to be very hard for me to mentally forgo those shards.

For Cantina Energy, Lando to 5, then anything else before pushing Lando more?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
She is still the best pure attacker, itīs just that newer characters have more and more bloated kits so she is not the top cherry anymore.

Currently the most overpowered character by far is Sun Fac and I dread the day he becomes farmable.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

She is still the best pure attacker, itīs just that newer characters have more and more bloated kits so she is not the top cherry anymore.

Currently the most overpowered character by far is Sun Fac and I dread the day he becomes farmable.

Nah, Shoretrooper.

Yeah, Rey is still good, but when you can get her from Guild drops, it just doesn't seem worth devoting 3 hard nodes to farming her. Putting regular energy into gear is really important.

e: This is a lesson I learned about 6 months into the game. It might not seem worth it to farm 150 purple items worth of gear, but getting someone to G9 or G10 makes a huge difference in arena thanks to protection.

e2: Agility challenge gives MK9 Fabritech data pad salvage. STR gives MK 8 Biotech Implant Salvage. Will post tomorrow what the INT challenge gives.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 18, 2016

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015
I'd like an invite to the guild por favor 431-173-967

Currently in my buddies guild to help out, but he's about done with the game anyway.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Boozie posted:

This is exactly what I was looking for in terms of drops by location. The gear thing is something I was wondering myself because I'm probably the lowest power person in power in the top 500 of my bracket since I've just been farming shards with 90% of my energy. It's going to be very hard for me to mentally forgo those shards.

For Cantina Energy, Lando to 5, then anything else before pushing Lando more?

I'd probably do lando to 5, unlock Wedge (if you have access to his node), then back to lando to 7.

Gear is huge, especially once you hit gear 7 and start getting protection. If you look on swgoh.gg at the protection numbers, they jump by quite a bit between gear levels

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

SumTingWong posted:

I'd like an invite to the guild por favor 431-173-967

Currently in my buddies guild to help out, but he's about done with the game anyway.

I sent you an ally invite, but I don't think I can send you a guild invite while you are in another guild, so drop that guild and I will invite you to IGD

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

e2: Agility challenge gives MK9 Fabritech data pad salvage. STR gives MK 8 Biotech Implant Salvage. Will post tomorrow what the INT challenge gives.

https://swgoh.gg/db/events/ has all of them listed.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I applied in game to IGD as ModeSixSA

Seems QGJ is dying a slow death.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
One bit in the farming of characters, get 1 to 7 stars asap so you can start collecting guild bux and raid gear. All you "need" is one to at least get the participation rewards and it will help you a lot in the long run.

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015

two_step posted:

I sent you an ally invite, but I don't think I can send you a guild invite while you are in another guild, so drop that guild and I will invite you to IGD

My bad, I was away for the day, please re-invite, I've left the prior guild.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

ModeSix posted:

I applied in game to IGD as ModeSixSA

Seems QGJ is dying a slow death.

Accepted, along with the other request. We still have 2 guys we can kick out, so if anyone else wants in, post

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

xyigx posted:

One bit in the farming of characters, get 1 to 7 stars asap so you can start collecting guild bux and raid gear. All you "need" is one to at least get the participation rewards and it will help you a lot in the long run.

So the quickest has to be Lumi for me as of right now because I can clear GW which has given me 1200 two days in a row (assuming that's the standard amount). I can also spend 72 energy/day in hard mode if it's worth going balls to the wall for my first 7 star.

Does anyone know if all 12 GW fights are determined right when you reset or are they individually rolled as you progress. What I'm getting at is should I wait to level up until after I've finished GW for the day (for min/max) or will it not change that days fights if I level up in the middle of it.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 19, 2016

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Boozie posted:

So the quickest has to be Lumi for me as of right now because I can clear GW which has given me 1200 two days in a row (assuming that's the standard amount). I can also spend 72 energy/day in hard mode if it's worth going balls to the wall for my first 7 star.

Does anyone know if all 12 fights are determined right when you reset or are they individually rolled as you progress. What I'm getting at is should I wait to level up until after I've finished GW for the day (for min/max) or will it not change that days fights if I level up in the middle of it.

Galactic war selects teams off the back of what power your arena team is, I've not changed arena team mid galactic war to compare the difference though. I wouldn't have thought levelling up a single character by a single level is going to make that big of a difference to what GW throws at you though.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I suspect but don't have proof that your GW is set for all nodes when you refresh

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
So it may be a possible that I can throw together a trash Arena team for one battle, refresh GW, then have the easiest GW day ever? I'd gladly scrap one Arena battle for that.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

WerrWaaa posted:

So it may be a possible that I can throw together a trash Arena team for one battle, refresh GW, then have the easiest GW day ever? I'd gladly scrap one Arena battle for that.

Possibly, the game seems to base the squad difficulty off of your arena power score, but it does usually create some awful gently caress-off teams for the last battle or two until you break around 40,000 then you get a final node of 3 star level 70 chumps

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

No. People have tried this. It's probably based off your most powerful heroes, but there have been a bunch of discussions and I don't remember exactly what was proven or disproven.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Malgrin posted:

No. People have tried this. It's probably based off your most powerful heroes, but there have been a bunch of discussions and I don't remember exactly what was proven or disproven.

Anecdotal, but I tried that awhile back, tanking my arena team/rating, and I didn't notice any sort of difference

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

As of march, or so, it was based on your best winning pvp team's strength, with a fail-safe if you hadn't pvped by level 40

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

As of march, or so, it was based on your best winning pvp team's strength, with a fail-safe if you hadn't pvped by level 40

This sounds right.

So, the only way to game the system is to run your current arena squad without leveling any of them. Have fun with that.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Up to level 42, think it's worth spending 72 energy a day for Dooku shards? My priorities for LS/DS hard has been:

Rey - 36
Royal Guard - 36
Jedi Consuler - 108
Teebo - 72
Biggs - 36
Old Daka (could ignore and get after QGJ is 5 star) - 36
Lumi - 72 (thinking about stopping since I now get 15 a day with GW clears)

Been spending on gear for the rest. I know Rey is from guild rewards but I am so far away from raiding, probably a little more than a week for a T5 guild.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Boozie posted:

Up to level 42, think it's worth spending 72 energy a day for Dooku shards? My priorities for LS/DS hard has been:

Rey - 36
Royal Guard - 36
Jedi Consuler - 108
Teebo - 72
Biggs - 36

Been spending on gear for the rest. I know Rey is from guild rewards but I am so far away from raiding, probably a little more than a week for a T5 guild.

Quite honestly it depends on what you're focusing on, however Rey and RG are must haves, never stop collecting QGJ.

Try to get ST Han to 5-6 star, also Captain Phasma from GCW.

Forget all this healing poo poo you're focusing on right now, I walk into GW against teams of level 80 healers with 2 dps or 1 dps 1 tank and I absolutely rip them apart. With a good PvP Team you can almost walk through most of the rest of the missions as well.

RG/Rey/QGJ/STHan*Leader*/Genosian Soldier
or
RG/Rey/QGJ/Captain Phasma*Leader*/Genosian Solider

These are two teams that can walk all over most of what your opponents will put up, including mirror matches in PvP.

Don't stop at 5 star with your mainstays, get them to at least 6, 7 for most. Yes it takes time, but in the end you walk all over everything.

Also gear level is more important than stars or level in almost every circumstance.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 19, 2016

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Well Rey is far off until I can start raiding. Can i work lando in there instead of GS?

[e] can i use asajj for rey til i can get rey?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 19, 2016

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Boozie posted:

Rey - 36
Royal Guard - 36
Jedi Consuler - 108
Teebo - 72
Biggs - 36

I'd drop consular farming for Dooku or maybe Fives (in the level range you seem to be in). Anakin would be a good thing to start with whenever you can handle those nodes. Keep in mind you only need one T6 character to get credit for a T6 raid, and you can get a couple hundred guild currency per day for completing daily guild objectives, which would help you farm Rey a lot faster - no sense not being in a guild at all, imo.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Boozie posted:

Rey - 36
Royal Guard - 36
Jedi Consuler - 108
Teebo - 72
Biggs - 36

The only ones I would farm from that list in hard mode are Rey and RG. The first thing you will buy all of are the guys from GW, so stop spending energy on them. Certainly stop getting JC, he is just bad unless you want to use him for Yoda. All that energy is much much better spent on gear for your arena team.

As for raiding, as mentioned, just get one dude to 7* and you can get in IGD or QGJ. I would pick Lando for this, because he is the guy you really want at 7* for credits anyway.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Yes i get under 150 a day from the guild activity.

Anakin is blocked for a long time due to my level I think.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Anakin is lightside 5-C and darkside 7-D. I agree with two_step, just farm Rey and RG hard nodes (I'd even add in Old Daka). Jedi Consuler is trash and the others come from GW which is the fastest farm in the game.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Okay, thanks for all the feedback everybody!

So is Lumi to 7 star still an acceptable first move? At 15 a day it seems straightforward the fastest way to a 7 star. Also is Lumi okay in my arena squad? I was thinking something like RG/STH/Lando/Lumi/QGJ. Lumi will be so far ahead if I 7 star her first seems bad not to use her at least for awhile.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Okay, thanks for all the feedback everybody!

So is Lumi to 7 star still an acceptable first move? At 15 a day it seems straightforward the fastest way to a 7 star. Also is Lumi okay in my arena squad? I was thinking something like RG/STH/Lando/Lumi/QGJ. Lumi will be so far ahead if I 7 star her first seems bad not to use her at least for awhile.

I have a hard time saying that yes, Lumi should be your first 7 star. She's good up until about G7-8 and level 70. Past that point, healing has almost no impact on this game. If I was going to pick one person as being, on their own, the best hero out of GW, I'd probably have to go with Phasma. She's a solid leader in Arena for a long time, she's great for GW, and she's great for the raid. However, once you consider synergy and other aspects of the game, Biggs and Teebo are clearly better heroes. Without Teebo, you won't be able to solo P1 in the raid. Further, if you build up Chirpa and EE (which you will also want for raiding), they all become really good for GW. Even without the other Ewoks, Teebo does good work in raids. Biggs, by himself, is one of the worst heroes in the batch of (primarily) bad heroes that are GW shipments. However, once you farm up Wedge (which should be your second Cantina hero, after Lando), he becomes one of the best heroes in the game. I'm running Wiggs in both GW and arena right now.

In the short term, Lumi will make Arena and GW a little bit easier for you. But, that comes at a cost to how fast you will have Phasma, Biggs, and Teebo. If you max Lumi first, your next hero has to be Biggs so that you have him done in time for Wedge, especially since running 7* Biggs alongside 5* Wedge works really well. +40ish speed (don't remember how fast Wedge's abilities stack) on Biggs with a double assist, especially at low level, is absurdly good. However, by doing that, you're now putting off how soon you can get Teebo for raids. Assuming you can clear GW every day, you need 22 days per 7* hero. So, I guess my point here is that if you think you can continue to manage GW where it is, go for Biggs, Phasma, and then probably Teebo -- total of about 2 months, after which you'll be at least level 70, and having these heroes will actually start to matter.

However, if you start having a harder time with GW and Arena, you can think about adding another star to Lumi (I'm assuming you already have put some into her?). Also, 5* is less than half of the way to 7* (145/330), so getting a few heroes to 5* is not terrible (except for the first one -- so I get if you want to get her there first...).

If you've been farming Lando since level 28 or w/e, you should get him to 7* at close to the same time that you would get Lumi there. I think you average about 1.3 levels per day during that time period (complete guess -- I know that at level 40 it's right around one level per day) so that's about a 9 day head start in farming Lando (so ~90 - 135 shards).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Why is qgj so good? Is it the +50% assist damage? Cause other than that he seems pretty meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

I have a hard time saying that yes, Lumi should be your first 7 star. She's good up until about G7-8 and level 70. Past that point, healing has almost no impact on this game. If I was going to pick one person as being, on their own, the best hero out of GW, I'd probably have to go with Phasma. She's a solid leader in Arena for a long time, she's great for GW, and she's great for the raid. However, once you consider synergy and other aspects of the game, Biggs and Teebo are clearly better heroes. Without Teebo, you won't be able to solo P1 in the raid. Further, if you build up Chirpa and EE (which you will also want for raiding), they all become really good for GW. Even without the other Ewoks, Teebo does good work in raids. Biggs, by himself, is one of the worst heroes in the batch of (primarily) bad heroes that are GW shipments. However, once you farm up Wedge (which should be your second Cantina hero, after Lando), he becomes one of the best heroes in the game. I'm running Wiggs in both GW and arena right now.

In the short term, Lumi will make Arena and GW a little bit easier for you. But, that comes at a cost to how fast you will have Phasma, Biggs, and Teebo. If you max Lumi first, your next hero has to be Biggs so that you have him done in time for Wedge, especially since running 7* Biggs alongside 5* Wedge works really well. +40ish speed (don't remember how fast Wedge's abilities stack) on Biggs with a double assist, especially at low level, is absurdly good. However, by doing that, you're now putting off how soon you can get Teebo for raids. Assuming you can clear GW every day, you need 22 days per 7* hero. So, I guess my point here is that if you think you can continue to manage GW where it is, go for Biggs, Phasma, and then probably Teebo -- total of about 2 months, after which you'll be at least level 70, and having these heroes will actually start to matter.

However, if you start having a harder time with GW and Arena, you can think about adding another star to Lumi (I'm assuming you already have put some into her?). Also, 5* is less than half of the way to 7* (145/330), so getting a few heroes to 5* is not terrible (except for the first one -- so I get if you want to get her there first...).

If you've been farming Lando since level 28 or w/e, you should get him to 7* at close to the same time that you would get Lumi there. I think you average about 1.3 levels per day during that time period (complete guess -- I know that at level 40 it's right around one level per day) so that's about a 9 day head start in farming Lando (so ~90 - 135 shards).

Lumi is pretty key to clearing light side much earlier than you would without good healing. Same with daka in ds. As little use as they see in arena they are both very good picks early on since you will need the healing for node clearing and some events. Arena teams are great to build but do not tend to make good lasting node 1-12 clearing in GW either. Wiggs and most of the others are great in arena where death is no big deal but when starting out healing for gw and node clearing is far more important. His ability to open hard modes and cantina nodes as well as clearing gw is far more important to his gearing and credits than arena will be for a long time.