Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tactics ogre is a psp game isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There is a PS1 version of it, but I don't think it's on PSN.

Also I've suddenly remembered it's pretty rare and I should sell my copy.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Xenogears is a (also Valkyrie Profile 1) top tier JRPG, with awesome fight mechanics.

do dose deathblows, son

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Thanks for the suggestions, I was also wondering about Metro, how is it and what version is best?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Metro is cool, kind of similar to Half-life, story driven FPS thing I guess? Get the Redux version since it improves the first game.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Kurtofan posted:

Thanks for the suggestions, I was also wondering about Metro, how is it and what version is best?

Go Physical if you want Metro, you can get the Redux with Lost Light for $20 or less. I picked mine up for under $8 at Toys R Us on clearance.

Cool, How does the MK:SA tie into the MK on PS2?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
It's a port of the first PS2 Mana-Khemia. If you've already played it there's nothing new for you there.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anora posted:

What's the general opinion of these games on the vita:

Disgaea infinite and 3
FFT PS1 classic Vs WotL
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance

And do these PSone Classics have any issues on the vita, and are they good:

Alundra
Grandia
Suikoden II
Tactics Ogre: LUCT
Threads of Fate
Wild ARMS 1 and 2
Xenogears
FFT: Get PSP imo, the slowdown isn't as bad as people make it seem and the other improvements are worth it

Tactics OGRE: Get the PSP version which is incredible, it's basically a remake

I have an irrational hate for Wild Arms 1 and think it's bad

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

FFT: Get PSP imo, the slowdown isn't as bad as people make it seem and the other improvements are worth it

It absolutely is as bad as people complain that it is, but if 1) you've never played FFT before, or 2) you have infinite patience, then it's fine.

The iOS/Android version of WotL is the best version of the game, because they fixed the slowdown by doubling the play speed of the game during animations.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Region DLC question.

We've got DOAX3 for our PS4, and my roommate asked if he could use my Asia PSN account to buy outfits for it. I don't really care, but my question is... would he be able to use the DLC clothing items on his own login if he uses one of my logins to buy them?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah, if your ps4 is set as the primary for your asian PSN account and you buy dlc on it then that dlc will be available to US accounts on the same PS4

note this only applies to actual dlc like 'buy this and download a new swimsuit.' it doesnt apply to consumable stuff like 'buy this and have 1,000,000 in-game dollars on your account to buy in-game swimsuits'

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah, if your ps4 is set as the primary for your asian PSN account and you buy dlc on it then that dlc will be available to US accounts on the same PS4

note this only applies to actual dlc like 'buy this and download a new swimsuit.' it doesnt apply to consumable stuff like 'buy this and have 1,000,000 in-game dollars on your account to buy in-game swimsuits'

Alright, cool. I thought that might be how it'd work. Thanks for clarifying.

Here's your reward:
A nice, bloomy Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer. :v:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what days do the asian and japanese psn stores update anyway

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Are any of them consistent anymore? Lately, I've seen things added to the US store as late in the week as Friday.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the big drop is always tuesday

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

the big drop is always tuesday

Supposed to be, but it's really not consistent. I check the store multiple times during the week to update this site with the new free items that have been added. Four freebies showed up Tuesday of this week. Already seven more have been added since (and have post dates of the 19th/20th).

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You can also fix it if you homebrew your PSP which you have no reason not to do.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
I'm a big fan of "score attack" games like Geometry Wars, Resogun, Trials and their ilk. Is there any new-ish hotness that I may have missed?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Rez!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doug posted:

I'm a big fan of "score attack" games like Geometry Wars, Resogun, Trials and their ilk. Is there any new-ish hotness that I may have missed?

On PS4? Not sure about recently but Battle Garegga comes out in December

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh duh Pac Man Championship Edition 2 is fantastic and that came out a few weeks ago.

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.

In Training posted:

Oh duh Pac Man Championship Edition 2 is fantastic and that came out a few weeks ago.

Oh nice! I loved the first one, thanks!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not really new but assault android cactus is good

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.

Awesome! posted:

not really new but assault android cactus is good

That's new to me! I guess the caveat here is the last score attack game I played was race the sun.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Doug posted:

Super Stardust Ultra?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

alienation is by the resogun and superstar dust crew and is a very excellent coop twin stick diablo with score attack elements

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Downwell.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I take it the store is down as part of the big ol DDoS?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Fix posted:

I take it the store is down as part of the big ol DDoS?

Yup. Today will be known as black Friday.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drop
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/23/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-10252016/

Big buck hunter arcade
carnival games VR (10/28)
DB Xenoverse 2
Skyrim Special Ed. (10/28)
Exile's end
Farming Sim 17
Forestry 2017 (10/28)
Ginger: Beyond Crystal
Infinite Air with Mark McMorris
Just Dance 2017
Kyurinaga's Revenge
Lithium Inmate 39
Minecraft Story Mode Complete Ed.
Monster Jam: Crush it
Nobunaga's Ambition SoI - Ascension
Party Golf (10/26)
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
Snow
Spider Rite of the Shrouded Moon (crossbuy)
tethered (VR)
Titanfall 2 (10/28)
Weeping Doll (VR 10/27)
Wick (10/27)
Windlands VR
World of FF
Yomawari: Night Alone (vita only)

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Japanese PS+ codes are available on Amazon.co.jp again:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B0...TgYL&ref=plSrch

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Windlands looks like fun, possibly barf inducing but I like the idea.

Party Golf also looks like fun but i'll never have couch people to play it with so it's entirely pointless

also, jesus yet another Carnival Games, that creepy bowler dude will never stop peddling his shovelware

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

I dont know why but I always want Farm Sim. It just seems like a total chill game to play. I like silly games like tycoon games and it seems up my ally. I played a bunch of Euro Truck Sim 2 on PC and dug it. Just a relaxing chill podcast game. Pure Farming 17 also looks good.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Doug posted:

Pix the Cat. Was free on PS+ a while back. Pretty cheap if you don't already have it. Similar to those Pacman score attack games (but better imo)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

+1 on Pix the Cat. It's a bloody brilliant game in small doses.

Edit: It's FEVER TIME!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wh-why is Dragon Quest Builders being listed at only $40 now? I just bought that like two weeks ago.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fix posted:

Wh-why is Dragon Quest Builders being listed at only $40 now? I just bought that like two weeks ago.

Are you looking at the Vita version?

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Phantasium posted:

Yeah the vita version of DQB is 40. Too bad it isnt cross buy / cross save.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Phantasium posted:

Oh. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Fix posted:

I mean it's probably going to be $35-40 next month on black Friday.

• Locked thread