Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Butter Hole posted:

I see what you're saying but man Bortles has been rough this year. I'm confident ARob will pick it up but there's a chance he doesn't.

Yeah I thought it was close, but Ingram more valuable. Here is my roster if it matters:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: LeSean McCoy, Mark Ingram, Duke Johnson, Jaquizz Rodgers, Mike Gillislee
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Stefon Diggs, Tyrell Williams, DeVante Parker, Donte Moncrief
TE: Julius Thomas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah I thought it was close, but Ingram more valuable. Here is my roster if it matters:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: LeSean McCoy, Mark Ingram, Duke Johnson, Jaquizz Rodgers, Mike Gillislee
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Stefon Diggs, Tyrell Williams, DeVante Parker, Donte Moncrief
TE: Julius Thomas

I'd take it with that roster, it's just not as one-sided as some people are making it out to be (in my stupid opinion)

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
I wish the people in my league were as high on Allen Robinson as this forum/all the rankings sites. I've been trying to trade him all season in a keeper league where he will be reasonably priced next year with no luck whatsoever.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

A coworker in my league has been bitching about Marvin Jones.

Should I bother trying to make an offer (my team below)?

QB: Brees
RB: Johnson, McCoy, Stewart, Gillislee
WR: Green, Landry, Hurns, Enunwa, Kerley, Meredith
TE: Jesse James, Ebron, Eifert (Shut up, I know I'm wasting space)

She's doing ok TE wise, so I don't think that's an option. Was thinking of packaging a couple WRs, maybe?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Same position trades are always tricky. Try leading with Enunwa just to see if she's noticed the Geno news if you are going to try a WR for WR trade.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Carlos Hyde has officially been ruled out for Week 7.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Need some help. When I heard about Martin and McCoy I picked up Rodgers and Gillislee, but had to drop Zach Miller (I have Reed) and my kicker to make it work. Unfortunately I also have Cam Newton so I need to shed some weight. Here's my team in a half PPR league with 2RB, 3WR, and a flex.

RB: Melvin Gordon, David Johnson, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell, Jacquizz Rodgers, Mike Gillislee
WR: TY Hilton, Marvin Jones, Tyrell Williams, Dez Bryant, Stefon Diggs, Jordan Matthews, John Brown

Given the above players, who would you drop? I need two players so I can start a QB and a PK. Would you drop any of them immediately to pick up Tyler Eifert?

If you intended to trade, who would you drop and what would you aim for? I'm thinking something like a 3 for 1 or something equivalent, if I can find a decent player to target.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So of course Shady is hobbled the week Zeke and JStew are on bye

I'm looking at starting Matt Jones and DeAndre Washington

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Need some help. When I heard about Martin and McCoy I picked up Rodgers and Gillislee, but had to drop Zach Miller (I have Reed) and my kicker to make it work. Unfortunately I also have Cam Newton so I need to shed some weight. Here's my team in a half PPR league with 2RB, 3WR, and a flex.

RB: Melvin Gordon, David Johnson, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell, Jacquizz Rodgers, Mike Gillislee
WR: TY Hilton, Marvin Jones, Tyrell Williams, Dez Bryant, Stefon Diggs, Jordan Matthews, John Brown

Given the above players, who would you drop? I need two players so I can start a QB and a PK. Would you drop any of them immediately to pick up Tyler Eifert?

I dropped John Brown this week and have no regrets at all. With that offense this year I can't see a spot you'd want to rely on him with the rest of your WR corps.

If McCoy ends up able to go this week, then you could drop Gillislee in a few days to grab a kicker. If McCoy ends up unable to go then you can drop Jacquizz?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you intended to trade, who would you drop and what would you aim for? I'm thinking something like a 3 for 1 or something equivalent, if I can find a decent player to target.

I'd try to jettison Forte and Powell in a package deal for someone. Or Forte and Williams for a RB. Then wait until the last minute and drop either Rodgers or John Brown for a kicker.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Same position trades are always tricky. Try leading with Enunwa just to see if she's noticed the Geno news if you are going to try a WR for WR trade.

Enunwa for Marvin is not going to get it done, regardless of Jets QB. I'd try Meredith + any other WR besides Green and Landry.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Enunwa for Marvin is not going to get it done, regardless of Jets QB. I'd try Meredith + any other WR besides Green and Landry.

I figured the OP should start low as hell if the manager they're targeting is complaining about the player OP wants. You're right that if she rejects it or counters, something along the lines of Meredith + 1 would probably get a deal done.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Would you guys drop Jeremy Hill at this point? I don't really like his ROS. He plays cleveland 2x but they give up so many passing yards that nobody runs on them. I have martin and want to get rodgers to cover myself.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Butter Hole posted:

I see what you're saying but man Bortles has been rough this year. I'm confident ARob will pick it up but there's a chance he doesn't.

This is a late response but the difference I'm saying is if Jacksonville gets their poo poo together ARob has the talent of a top 3 receiver.

No amount of getting anything together will ever make Mark Ingram anything but a career volume back who has never gotten a 1000 yards in a season or double digit touchdowns.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tyree posted:

Would you guys drop Jeremy Hill at this point? I don't really like his ROS. He plays cleveland 2x but they give up so many passing yards that nobody runs on them. I have martin and want to get rodgers to cover myself.

I traded Jeremy Hill and don't regret it at all. Gio is the guy to own in that backfield apparently.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Buane posted:

I dropped John Brown this week and have no regrets at all. With that offense this year I can't see a spot you'd want to rely on him with the rest of your WR corps.

If McCoy ends up able to go this week, then you could drop Gillislee in a few days to grab a kicker. If McCoy ends up unable to go then you can drop Jacquizz?

pubic works project posted:

I'd try to jettison Forte and Powell in a package deal for someone. Or Forte and Williams for a RB. Then wait until the last minute and drop either Rodgers or John Brown for a kicker.

Why would you guys drop Jacquizz given that he's the lead RB going up against the worst run defense in the NFL?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why would you guys drop Jacquizz given that he's the lead RB going up against the worst run defense in the NFL?

I would not. I would drop Brown first.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MalleusDei posted:

A coworker in my league has been bitching about Marvin Jones.

Should I bother trying to make an offer (my team below)?

QB: Brees
RB: Johnson, McCoy, Stewart, Gillislee
WR: Green, Landry, Hurns, Enunwa, Kerley, Meredith
TE: Jesse James, Ebron, Eifert (Shut up, I know I'm wasting space)

She's doing ok TE wise, so I don't think that's an option. Was thinking of packaging a couple WRs, maybe?

But why are you wasting space? Seriously, drop Ebron. And drop James if Eifert plays this week.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

Azhais posted:

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/788821969106046978

At least I can stop thinking about if I want to start Martin

That would explain why my lowball offer on Martin just got accepted

Whoops

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tyree posted:

You probably have someone worse to drop. If you don't, I personally wouldn't drop Hill for Rodgers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

muon posted:

That would explain why my lowball offer on Martin just got accepted

Whoops

What did you give up? Probably still works in your favor.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

But why are you wasting space? Seriously, drop Ebron. And drop James if Eifert plays this week.

I need to replace James for sure. I keep hoping Ebron or Eifert will get healthy, and it keeps not happening.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

pubic works project posted:

What did you give up? Probably still works in your favor.

Russel Wilson and Mike Wallace. I've Matt Ryan and he just lost Big Ben.

Not a big loss unless Martin goes on IR or something.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

muon posted:

Russel Wilson and Mike Wallace. I've Matt Ryan and he just lost Big Ben.

Not a big loss unless Martin goes on IR or something.

Nah I think you're okay.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
I'm 3-3 and can't continue to afford the Forte-loving I've been receiving since week 2. To make matters worse, Powell is soaking up a bench spot and I also own another tandem in Ware and Charles. I just offered Forte and Powell for Terrance West. What other RBs should I aim for with this pair of turds? Thinking of going full Del Rio and asking for Martin in the hopes he recovers soon (would probably be declined anyways).

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Rodgers is an automatic win for your fantasy team this week against 49ers D. Dropped Jeremy Hill for him. Wasn't gonna start ahead of Gore, Stewart, Coleman, or Ayjai anyways

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

89 posted:

Rodgers is an automatic win for your fantasy team this week against 49ers D. Dropped Jeremy Hill for him. Wasn't gonna start ahead of Gore, Stewart, Coleman, or Ayjai anyways

Would you take Rodgers over Gillislie? Drop Britt for Rodgers? OH GOD THE INDECISION.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

I traded Jeremy Hill and don't regret it at all. Gio is the guy to own in that backfield apparently.

As someone that owns both in dynasty, that is a true statement until you only start Gio

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Inspector_666 posted:

Would you take Rodgers over Gillislie? Drop Britt for Rodgers? OH GOD THE INDECISION.

Depends on your roster. I'm taking Rodgers as an automatic 20+ points with a ceiling of 30+ Jacquizz In My Pants Points.

Now, if Shady doesn't play...greatest waiver wire week ever.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

In a 12 man, standard, no money friends league, I have been looking over my roster and wondering why I even bother.

QB - Carr / Stafford
RB -- Gordon, L. Miller, Hyde, Charles, K. Davis
WR -- M. Jones, Crabtree, Benjamin, Maclin, Moncrief
TE -- Fleener
K - Vinitairi
Def - Bills

Like it isn't even fun beating them anymore. I need better friends. /Existential fantasy football diatribe.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?

Sataere posted:

In a 12 man, standard, no money friends league, I have been looking over my roster and wondering why I even bother.

QB - Carr / Stafford
RB -- Gordon, L. Miller, Hyde, Charles, K. Davis
WR -- M. Jones, Crabtree, Benjamin, Maclin, Moncrief
TE -- Fleener
K - Vinitairi
Def - Bills

Like it isn't even fun beating them anymore. I need better friends. /Existential fantasy football diatribe.

Try stepping up your game and putting money on the line to see what happens to your opponents dedication :P

*edit* or some sort of shameful losing penalty

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

quote:

Shady diagnosed with "mild to moderate hamstring strain" - Sleeperbot
:f5:GO GO GO GO GO GOOOOOO!!!:f5:

89 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 20, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I ended up dropping Foster for Gillislee after reading that Shady has a mild to moderate hamstring strain.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I think I have to go with Gilislee over Rainey at this point.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

IKillForPie posted:

Try stepping up your game and putting money on the line to see what happens to your opponents dedication :P

*edit* or some sort of shameful losing penalty

This worked in my friends league.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I must have poo poo for sources, teams in my league pounced on Gillislee and Jacquizz with waiver claims a day before news about Shady and Martin came out.

No matter, all my 1-5 trashbags have to do is win every game from here on out, and things will take care of themselves.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
HAHAHAHAHA! Now what the gently caress am I going to do with Rodgers AND Gillislee? Aside from dance?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

HAHAHAHAHA! Now what the gently caress am I going to do with Rodgers AND Gillislee? Aside from dance?

Sup, Rodgers & Gillislee In Every League buddy :dance::dance:

Except the charity league....

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My Terrance West + Cameron Meredith for TY Hilton? Full PPR

As much as i want to stay on this Meredith ride with you goons, is this a good deal for me? Both of them are bye week/matchup fillers, though Meredith could be good ROS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I don't pay much attention to the implications of injury reports from practices - is a "tight hamstring" on a Wednesday generally something that results in a player being ruled out on Sunday?

I tried to pick up Gillislee last week on FA but unfortunately trying to make an FA pickup at 6am PDT doesn't work when playing with people on the east coast who are making moves at 8am their time.

• Locked thread