Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

Gatekeeper posted:

🐘 made out of ॐ

this looks cool and oddly tasty

Luvcow posted:

i really like this style. my grandparents had a good friend who was an artist and did work like this and it gets me nostalgic.
edit:

the only picture i still have of my grandparents pen and ink artist friend's:

i wish i knew your grandparent's friend. i love drawing in this style whenever i use ink

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I've been working on a comic idea, that's more a learning exercise than anything else. I've got about 6 pages written and I'm aiming for around 10 total, and starting to mess around with character concepts. I haven't really drawn in a long time, so I'm having to relearn a lot of stuff that used to be second nature.

This first guy is nobody, but I'm going to recycle parts of him into another character:

This fella is one of the main character's that I've been calling Slug the Strong and Many:

Slug looks many strong. i'm curious to see what the other character is gonna look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark

I've been doing very little art because of work but I had a nerdy idea for another axe handle that I really want to do up tomorrow, hopefully the weather is good

Macnult

i looked more into that pen/ink art style and found a bunch of rembrandt drawings which led me to making this:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

i looked more into that pen/ink art style and found a bunch of rembrandt drawings which led me to making this:

I love this

Robot Made of Meat

Macnult posted:

Very nice!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Salmiakki

Macnult posted:

lovely!

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Macnult posted:

thx for this

I've been thinking about getting some charcoals and a sketch pad, so I can smudge out my inevitable many mistakes hopefully

E: also gonna self teach because I'm old and I dont need directions, I know where I'm going edith!

Macnult

thanks everyone :)

Hugh Malone posted:

I've been thinking about getting some charcoals and a sketch pad, so I can smudge out my inevitable many mistakes hopefully

E: also gonna self teach because I'm old and I dont need directions, I know where I'm going edith!

go for it! charcoal is fun to work with and pretty forgiving. you may want to get actual charcoal paper instead of a sketch pad though just so it holds better

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
good advice macnult, ty

think i remember it has thin sheets between pages to protect your work too, right? i will pick up some supplies on satyrday and draw something :)

Macnult

Hugh Malone posted:

good advice macnult, ty

think i remember it has thin sheets between pages to protect your work too, right? i will pick up some supplies on satyrday and draw something :)

I've never had one with thin sheets between pages, but that sounds like a bonus if you find one that does

RazzleDazzleHour

Luvcow posted:

the only picture i still have of my grandparents pen and ink artist friend's:

Macnult posted:

These both give me ideas for a project, I too am going to go out and pick up some stuff, but itll take me a while to finish it so I'll return in a few days

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Started painting again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Manifisto

Jedrick posted:

Started painting again.

cool!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Getting charcoal today

:toxx:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

Started painting again.

This is really cool, what did you use?

Hugh Malone posted:

Getting charcoal today

Look into getting a spray fixative for your finished work. Charcoal is still one of my favorite mediums to work with, good luck.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Luvcow posted:

Look into getting a spray fixative for your finished work. Charcoal is still one of my favorite mediums to work with, good luck.

Thanks for the tip! Going to the supply store shortly, you were just in time

Macnult

Jedrick posted:

Started painting again.

i love the glow this appears to have

Hugh Malone posted:

Getting charcoal today

:dance:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

they were out of vine charcoal but this should get me started

FluffieDuckie

:peanut:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

RazzleDazzleHour

Hugh Malone posted:

General's brand charcoal

:argh:

I love vine charcoal though, would definitely recommend picking some up if you make another trip

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I love the pencils that look like china markers

Salmiakki

detail from some fanart i drew for a cartoon

ty cat dynamite

Macnult

Hugh Malone posted:

they were out of vine charcoal but this should get me started

vine charcoal is the bees knees but regardless you're definitely set :)

Salmiakki posted:

I don't recognize the cartoon but I love the colors

Macnult

here's a kitty cat

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Salmiakki posted:

love the style, color and expression

Macnult posted:

here's a kitty cat

really cool cat

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I would hide in the cool box like a kitty, and I would pet the other kitty

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.

Luvcow posted:

This is really cool, what did you use?

Acrylic on canvas using basic brushes, a roller, sponge brushes. Just about everything i used came from a dollar store.

Macnult posted:

Aww, thank you!

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 27, 2016

ask me about getting really high

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

Acrylic on canvas using basic brushes, a roller, sponge brushes. Just about everything i used came from a dollar store.

So much love for that! :love:

Macnult posted:

:dance:

And to echo this, the glow is beautiful.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Some digital "art"...
I think this screenshot I made in Battlefield 1 (game) is a pretty strong statement as to how "Victory" looks like in war.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Salmiakki

Uxzuigal posted:

Some digital "art"...
I think this screenshot I made in Battlefield 1 (game) is a pretty strong statement as to how "Victory" looks like in war.

Paths of Glory, 1957, directed by Stanley Kubrick.

ty cat dynamite

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
Did 'nother one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

Did 'nother one.

so loving good

did you paint it on wood?

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.

Luvcow posted:

so loving good

did you paint it on wood?

nope! same deal as the last one, acrylic on canvas

ask me about getting really high

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

trying to comprehend a tree

Manifisto

Zorodius posted:

trying to comprehend a tree

wow, that's great!

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Manifisto posted:

wow, that's great!

thank you!!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I like that a lot, and I just saw the earth one too don't kow how I missed it before

Cool style, Zorodius :)

My first charcoal, from a cute selfie someone special sent me to show how a lollipop from the bank turned the tongue blue:

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 31, 2016

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Sry I was reading too fast

Cool stuff Jedrick AND Zorodius
:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour

Hugh Malone posted:

My first charcoal, from a cute selfie someone special sent me to show how a lollipop from the bank turned the tongue blue:

Nice! Pretty good for your first time trying it

Here's the thing I said I was gonna make last week. I thought the original ink drawing posted had sort of a stitched look to it, so I was going to recreate it with thread on burlap, but I found a bunch of cool embroidery projects on pinterest so I decided to make this instead to try and practice for something more elaborate

• Locked thread