Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Iron Man 3, both Thor movies, and especially Captain America had awesome themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dexo posted:

I dunno I remember IM3's theme but yeah that's about it.

This should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA6scEvEJEY

I really liked Ant-Man's theme too.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The only music I remember from any of the Marvel movies is the ACDC. I tried to remember the music from any of the huge fight scenes in either Avengers but quickly realized I was thinking of the Pacific Rim theme.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even though I've repeatedly mentioned how boring Spider-man's theme is in the Raimi movies compared to say, Batman's theme, those movies certainly had memorable pieces of music.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The Dr. Strange music sounds a lot like something from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and since I've probably sunk like three hundred hours into that game over the course of my life I am definitely feeling it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Even though I've repeatedly mentioned how boring Spider-man's theme is in the Raimi movies compared to say, Batman's theme, those movies certainly had memorable pieces of music.

I think it's the Uncle Ben theme that is the more memorable and powerful one. Spider-Man's will always feel too close to Batman's for me to really love.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C7W6p5QrO8

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man, even when they go for a really fun poster concept, it's still just horrible photoshop.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like that they couldn't even be bothered to match light sources.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Gamora's pose also does not belong in tha poster at all. Everyone else is all like "Nah man like you can take the picture if you want but I'm too cool to look at the camera and am just going to relax". Gamora's is waaaaaay too tryhard.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Baby Groot with a little Star Lord jacket at the end ha ha ha

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Drax being the sensitive, caring member of the team is the best.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's obvious a good version of this poster exists, with the original photo, but then someone went and photoshopped in a weird different Chris Pratt head and an entire Gamora body, and then hosed with the shadows using the brush tool.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The important takeaway here is that Yondu has a real Mohawk now. :allears:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gamora looks like she's partially phased into the wall.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Guardians Volume 2 first teaser trailer is out.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Guardians Volume 2 first teaser trailer is out.

I would describe that as underwhelming.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Drax winning.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I posted this in the trailers thread but Gunn implied on facebook that the first proper trailer is separate from that thing:

Gunn on facebook posted:

So the first Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer will be coming in not too long, but we know how thirsty you guys are for a glimpse - so we put together this special sneak peak at #GotGVol2 for you.

(posted with that video)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Winter soldier has the best theme

Gamora is pretty obviously photoshopped into that poster

That guardians 2 trailer was more like a teaser

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Gamora is pretty obviously photoshopped into that poster

I bet that rascally raccoon wasn't really there either!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

redbackground posted:

I bet that rascally raccoon wasn't really there either!

Yeah rocket doesn't seem like the type to show up to a photo shoot

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

site posted:

That guardians 2 trailer was more like a teaser

It says that it is a teaser in the title. James Gunn said on Facebook that an official full-length trailer is "not too long out."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It says that it is a teaser in the title. James Gunn said on Facebook that an official full-length trailer is "not too long out."

It's labeled official trailer #1 on my screen

And yes i saw the electromax post above my original that got posted while i was typing mine

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drax better loving do a Batista Bomb in this movie, or it'll be stuck as a 0/5 trash movie like the first one.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Whenever someone says batman theme my mind goes to the animated series. That was a great theme.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhymenoserous posted:

Whenever someone says batman theme my mind goes to the animated series. That was a great theme.

Didn't they just use the Batman 88 theme?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The theme was Danny Elfman though he didn't do the incidental music.

Danny Elfman also did the music for Dick Tracy and Darkman and sound almost identical to Batman '89.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

twistedmentat posted:

Didn't they just use the Batman 88 theme?

I think he's probably meaning the later theme used for New Batman Adventures and Mask of the Phantasm.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It uses the same leitmotif as the 89 Batman but not the exact same music.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

site posted:

Winter soldier has the best theme

I'll argue that while ws has a better theme, gotg has the best soundtrack.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Not much to argue there gotg is the only marvel movie i can think of that has a soundtrack and not a score

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was Mantis in the trailer? I don't think we see her, though we see everyone else.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

Was Mantis in the trailer? I don't think we see her, though we see everyone else.

Nope, no sign of Ego either.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

purple death ray posted:

It uses the same leitmotif as the 89 Batman but not the exact same music.

It's incredibly close, but it's technically a separate piece of music.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

Drax better loving do a Batista Bomb in this movie, or it'll be stuck as a 0/5 trash movie like the first one.

He better get into jazz music so he can realize his dream of being the Draxaphonist, or else this movie is trash.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

A Batista Bomb is just a regular powerbomb that you kinda mess up at the end.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

howe_sam posted:

I'm guessing there will be a full trailer with Dr. Strange.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

I figured Ego would be something that would be a big reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

It's incredibly close, but it's technically a separate piece of music.

We're talking about an Ice Ice Baby/Under Pressure situation, there. The animated series is much better overall if just for the musical accompaniment for all the villains and the full orchestra scores for most of the episodes. :allears:

• Locked thread