Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

COME ALL YE FAITHFUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

I even cried at this. Finally. The NX with its horseshoe controller will be announced.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
You know why they call it the Nintendo NX? Cause when you see it you'll be saying "next!"

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

"This meteor is about to hit the planet!! Anyway, who wants to go chocobo racing for a month?"

I'm sure other people do this, but I kinda assume time just sort of freezes in between plot points. I feel like the minute I look at any video game story pragmatically, it just becomes a house of cards.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

tap my mountain posted:

You know why they call it the Nintendo NX? Cause when you see it you'll be saying "next!"

Noice.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

drat, and I liked shitposting in the NX thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

Getting references is extremely stressful and somehow I forget this every time!

It's bad and it makes me sad.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Help Im Alive posted:

Important: has a video game ever made you cry

I'm a baby who has cried during nearly every metal gear solidgame, ace combat 4, and Bastion.

But everyone should cry at the good ending of Bastion.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

That's a sudden announcement. Not even two days of red grungy Twitter banner updates to hype.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
This top-down bullshit in Transformers: Devastation basically killed the game for me. I've failed this poo poo like four times and I have no desire to play it. Why did they do this?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

the last reveal in Ghost Trick!

and the credits in Skies of Arcadia but that's more because I love that whole game, and the music is sooo good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

This top-down bullshit in Transformers: Devastation basically killed the game for me. I've failed this poo poo like four times and I have no desire to play it. Why did they do this?

It happens once and real early in the game. You can run by every encounter except the last one which isn't even that hard.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Snooze Cruise posted:

I'm a baby who has cried during nearly every metal gear solidgame, ace combat 4, and Bastion.

But everyone should cry at the good ending of Bastion.

I'm a big baby and cry at the end of all good games including these ones. And also with tv shows, movies, and books.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

i agree that it sucks but just avoid all the bad guys.

there is another sloppy perspective change ahead but at least its silly fun instead of dumb poo poo

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the second one wasn't as bad.

It at least felt necessary. I don't understand what the top down perspective was supposed to accomplish except for being more frustrating. That section would have worked just fine with the regular camera...

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Looper posted:

the last reveal in Ghost Trick!

and the credits in Skies of Arcadia but that's more because I love that whole game, and the music is sooo good

They don't make credits like this anymore.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
So. I've been using Xbox 360 controllers with my PC for a while now, and I enjoy the ease of setup and how many programs support them natively, plug and play. It's getting kind of hard to get my hands on them, though, and occasionally they break because I like to drop things down the stairwell. If I switch to XBox One wired controllers, will they work just as well?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

twice

FF7 when i was 13

and the final plot twist of ghost trick :(

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I can't wait for the next extremely flawed Nintendo product :D

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mystic Mongol posted:

So. I've been using Xbox 360 controllers with my PC for a while now, and I enjoy the ease of setup and how many programs support them natively, plug and play. It's getting kind of hard to get my hands on them, though, and occasionally they break because I like to drop things down the stairwell. If I switch to XBox One wired controllers, will they work just as well?

They are basically the same controller so i would think so. I think steam is putting in native ds4 support too so you have lots of options

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/mentholsushi/status/720908571882291200

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3iOWWIRtg

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
why is it called the NX? because when you see it you turn NX degrees and walk away. solve for X

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

x can be any angle, walk wherever you'd like. the power of console gaming in the palm of my hand

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

bloodychill posted:

I'm a big baby and cry at the end of all good games including these ones. And also with tv shows, movies, and books.

Crying is real good.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Wait so we're gonna see the NX tomorrow?

Hell yes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't cry during shadow hearts covenant, but I got real sad during the part towards the middle with the emigre manuscript. If you played it, you know the part.

That game just had all kinds of sad parts in it, really balanced out how goofy it would be sometimes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
*Ahem*

Does anybody want a copy of Enter The Gungeon

I'm gonna do a contest, right here, right now, where 2 people can win a copy of enter the gungeon.

However, I don't know what the contest will be, so here is what the contest will be: come up with a good idea for a contest that I can use to give away enter the gungeon copies for, and whichever two options are the best, I will provide the winners with copies of enter the gungeon

So yeah, the contest is to make up a contest.

I'm looking for something unique, interesting, and most importantly: doable. Nothing so crazy or insane that nobody would ever do it or only a few could feasibly do it.

So yeah, if anybody wants to take a shot at it, be my guest.

These are steam copies by the way, I dunno if ETG is available anywhere else but I figured I should probably clarify that.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Do a contest for whoever can do a sillier rendition of the vocals in Enter the Gun!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

FanaticalMilk posted:

I'm sure other people do this, but I kinda assume time just sort of freezes in between plot points. I feel like the minute I look at any video game story pragmatically, it just becomes a house of cards.

I just don't think about it because its a video game and not real

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Beat a level of a game you love with your eyes closed

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Gamer eat the eggs.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

StrixNebulosa posted:

Do a contest for whoever can do a sillier rendition of the vocals in Enter the Gun!

I like this

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I didn't know doubleposts actually existed nowadays

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

thehoodie posted:

I just don't think about it because its a video game and not real

Look at this guy who is 2 cool 4 school

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Beat a level of a game you love with your eyes closed

*picks Rhythm Heaven Fever* easy 8)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

*Ahem*

I'm gonna do a contest, right here, right now, where 2 people can win a copy of enter the gungeon.

However, I don't know what the contest will be, so here is what the contest will be: come up with a good idea for a contest that I can use to give away enter the gungeon copies for, and whichever two options are the best, I will provide the winners with copies of enter the gungeon

I'm looking for something unique, interesting, and most importantly: doable. Nothing so crazy or insane that nobody would ever do it or only a few could feasibly do it.

These are steam copies by the way, I dunno if ETG is available anywhere else but I figured I should probably clarify that.

Whoever has the fastest speedrun of Enter the Gungeon wins.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

It's good to see that Nintendo has the same kind of bizarre effect on people that Sega and Sonic has.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

*Ahem*

Design a gun for Enter the Gungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Dang, Dragon Quest Builders is an effective Tptime travel device. "One more thing"ed myself into getting a max of five hours of sleep, and I wasted the coarse cloth I needed to progress on armor I don't even need. Real fun though, with every new item I can make I get flashbacks to Dwarf Fortress and designing the perfect base. Also, tip that took me too long to learn: if something attaches to the wall, it can be placed above something on the ground. The last 10 minutes have been delicate optimization of space and decorations, and I'm eager to get back to it.

• Locked thread