Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Honestly, is anyone here still arzying hard? I am not, this debate is going to be a complete poo poo-show, but I'm curious if anyone is willing to admit fear.

It's less fear and more uncertainty. I have no idea what's going to happen, just that it's going to be cringeworthy and embarrassing for all America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Groovelord Neato posted:

trump is the legendary sixth golden manbaby.

He's never grown up.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/788891288842166272

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Honestly, is anyone here still arzying hard? I am not, this debate is going to be a complete poo poo-show, but I'm curious if anyone is willing to admit fear.

As a fan of Minnesota sports, I have learned better then to not worry until the final call is made.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm arzying a bit. I expect Clinton to take some bumps during this debate.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Trump debates Reagan and Bush 41

https://twitter.com/gregorybrothers/status/788752878043336704

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

TheBigAristotle posted:

I am

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Supersonic Shine posted:

I'm arzying a bit. I expect Clinton to take some bumps during this debate.

Why?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's bizarre how trump is so self centered and impervious to evidence that he still thinks inviting random rear end people is going to have any effect besides make him look like a huge moron. it's like watching an alien.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

OxySnake posted:

As a fan of Minnesota sports, I have learned better then to not worry until the final call is made.

Don't worry, it's just a chip shot.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

TheBigAristotle posted:

Look, we have ~40% of the country supporting DOANLD loving TRUMP, a racist, misogynistic, lying, sexual abuser, for President.

As far as I'm concerned Arzying is completely justified, even if the odds are currently way in our favor.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's bizarre how trump is so self centered and impervious to evidence that he still thinks inviting random rear end people is going to have any effect besides make him look like a huge moron. it's like watching an alien.

'Please, America - associate me, the worst candidate ever, with this rogues gallery of assholes.'

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Rudy Giuliani looks like he could die at any moment

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you people who still worry just need to stop. it's annoying at this point. the election is so beyond over that it'd be like getting mad that someone told you bruce willis was a ghost.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TheBigAristotle posted:

The vertias project got me a little worried that it won't be a super huge blowout.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm not. Hillary just has to not gently caress up to claim a win. Trump has to be George Washington to make up any ground, and that poo poo ain't happening.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Groovelord Neato posted:

I know literally nothing about corporate business, is this a technique of some kind?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Zerilan posted:

Don't worry, it's just a chip shot.

Funny story I was there for that game. I got drunk AF for the rest of the day.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Not really, but that hasn't stopped me from grabbing the obligatory six-pack of Moose Drool for the debate proper.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jota posted:

Rudy Giuliani looks like he could die at any moment
stop waffling and do it already then

TheBigAristotle posted:

The only thing I'm genuinely super worried about is domestic terrorism post-election, or potentially at polling places.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Look out, Hillary! Scott Baio is there!

Clearly he is the one who will finally push her out of her comfort zone :smugdon:

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

I think a lot of us in the UK secretly expect Trump will win somehow, not so much because "Brexit!" but because if the US had our demographics he probably would.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Crow Jane posted:

I know literally nothing about corporate business, is this a technique of some kind?

Look at how Trump's performed as a businessman and I think you have your answer

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Last time, I thought she'd murder Trump, but it was more of a mauling. I'm tempering my expectations for this one, and this debate is occurring in unfriendly territory, though Donald Trump continues to be Donald Trump, so I don't think the worst likely outcome will be too terrible for Hill.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Look at how Trump's performed as a businessman and I think you have your answer

I didn't mean a good technique, necessarily

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

vegetables posted:

I think a lot of us in the UK secretly expect Trump will win somehow, not so much because "Brexit!" but because if the US had our demographics he probably would.

thank harbor tea that we don't have the same demo then!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The trouble with C-SPAM's debate thread is that I can't turn off their custom backgrounds and I'm accustomed to reading threads against a neutral gray background. :colbert:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
What's the difference between Trump's "special guests" and the stunt he tried to pull at the last debate? Was that denied specifically because he was trying to get them in as family members?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Bip Roberts posted:

What's wrong with the cspam thread?

Honestly, I know it's dumb and picky, but the background drives me crazy in there.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

TheBigAristotle posted:

the amount of people posting about how ridiculously over this election is actually makes me arzy in some sort of a jinx scenario. That plus worrying of a sort of Bradly Effect that the large amount of undecideds are people embarrassed to say they'll vote for trump but are all voting for trump anyways

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

TheBigAristotle posted:

Trump is going to win

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Covok posted:

The vertias project got me a little worried that it won't be a super huge blowout.

One of my best friends works on VERITAS so today has been very confusing for me.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_BTODUEhPk

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I wish the Veritas project would speak American

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
In unrelated news, apparently 538 now has Missouri as a toss-up in the Senate race with Kander having a 60% chance after the last round of polling.

I can't loving wait for the 8th. :getin:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Apparently Trump has decided that if he can't count on a friendly audience he will make one himself.

Which is kind of odd considering how much he references crowd size as a measure of his success.

Donald is there something about your hands you'd like to tell us?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Petr posted:

Trump is going to win

How are you not bored of this yet?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tweak posted:

the amount of people posting about how ridiculously over this election is actually makes me arzy in some sort of a jinx scenario. That plus worrying of a sort of Bradly Effect that the large amount of undecideds are people embarrassed to say they'll vote for trump but are all voting for trump anyways

you can't jinx things. it was over the second trump was nominated but it was insanely overly once the pussy tape came out.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Honestly, I know it's dumb and picky, but the background drives me crazy in there.
Why not just adblock it? I've been doing that since the Halloween background.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tweak posted:

If u aren't Arzying it means u aren't doing it right imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Why not just adblock it? I've been doing that since the Halloween background.

You can do that?

• Locked thread