Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

some of these dudes really need to shave their grotty loving beards. not every huge fat viking man needs a disheveled unkept braun strowman shitbeard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Tommy end looks less cool without a beard.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I am excited to find out the terrible reasons psp posters come up with for not liking Tommy loving End

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Endless Mike posted:

Why would you want to get rid of Chris Hero's best quality???

Fat is to Hero what Satan is for Tommy, no worries

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skarsnik posted:

I am excited to find out the terrible reasons psp posters come up with for not liking Tommy loving End

He was Always Bad.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Stale Saltines posted:

I know nothing about Tommy End or Big Damo but they both look like they just stepped off the set of Vikings so they're cool with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7FQDfOswQo I really liked Big Damo in his short time in WCPW

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hell yeah , Team Dance

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Go Gulak

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Toronto smark crowd gonna be hot for Roode v. Tye

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I liked Otis and Tucker way more than I was expecting to.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Phenix Rising posted:

I liked Otis and Tucker way more than I was expecting to.

Yeah they were good

Also Nikki gon' crazy

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

I know it's super early into their run, but Sanity isn't really doing anything for me at all

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I don't think a bad prince gimmick is what I need right now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shawn Cotureier posted:

I know it's super early into their run, but Sanity isn't really doing anything for me at all

Same, and I wish they were. I can't put my finger on what's not clicking for me. Is it too cheesy? Are they trying too hard to be "crazy" characters? I like the entrance and the gear and everything - I really love the way they appear on the ramp in a group like that.

Maybe they're still finding their voice.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Seems like most NXT gimmicks start up turned up to 11 and then get dialed back, I imagine it will be the same way with Sanity.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Is it too cheesy? Are they trying too hard to be "crazy" characters?

For me, it's this. It's one of those gimmicks where if someone that didn't watch wrestling walked into the room while they were on, they would probably just shake their head and roll their eyes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm just starting this week's episode and I love the camera tilting/dancing with Swann and Jose. Also Jose looks like a giant in this ring.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man I thought Roddy would get a bigger pop, guess the fans already guessed he was the partner and were disappointed it wasn't a surprised

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'm enjoying Sanity just for Nikki Storm as a nutjob. I don't care so far about any of the beard guys.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Skarsnik posted:

I will never betray Tommy End.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I haven't watched a Roderick Strong match since TNA was on Fox Sports. He's really cool, I like him more than Aries. Also I feel like Otis Dozevich and Big Damo are either going to team or feud when Damo shows up.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I love Aries' giant rear end lifts

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I was not expecting Aries & Roddy vs. Two Fat Guys to be as awesome as it was.

With some seasoning, Otis could be the "ugly but badass hoss" character they wanted Bull Dempsey to be.

Benne fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 20, 2016

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Shawn Cotureier posted:

It feels like you can see that they're thinking about what they're doing too much, with the exception of Young who seems like he can fit into any gimmick.

But hey, it's developmental that's what this is for.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Crazy Mary Dobson made Maxim.com

http://www.maxim.com/sports/crazy-mary-dodson-wwe-2016-10

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm still onboard with Sanity and Nikki Cross, but they definitely need to move them out of squash territory if they're going to catch a spark.

I'm also onboard with some worked shoot Andrade heeling.

Anyway, Tucker Knight wasn't blowing me away in his last tag matchup (was he with Hugo Knox?), but this Otis Slavicname dude is the fun-loving Vader that Braun Stroman could have been, and his charm rubs off on Knight (probably during their belly bump moves). Otis has that nebulous physical charisma that deceptively spry refrigerator men like Rusev and Lesnar (and Big E, to a lesser extent) have.

Anyway, it's always fun to see a hoss team no-sell offense (honestly the key to getting strong guys over quick) and still lose clean. Team Thicc had a good outing but unfortunately the Dusty TTC 2 faces the same issue as NXT writ large - last time around, the show was sleek and firing on all cylinders and the teams that impressed (Revival, AA) earned top spots in an uncertain tag division. Right now we've got two top teams in title contention plus two strongly pushed teams treading water nonetheless.

If Team Thicc or Sanity get themselves over in hot matchups, where do they go? Where are their spots? We've got ttag title feuds mapped out for at least a year (provided that DIY wins and then feuds with AOP who feud with TM61). The show is overstuffed as it is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved Shinsuke rolling his eyes when Patrick Clark's music hit.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
My problem with Sanity is I'm not really sure what their gimmick is. I don't remember Wolfe and Fulton doing anything particularly interesting last week and Eric Young hasn't done anything interesting at all. Nikki's the only one who actually seems to have a character but even then it's not really solid. She beats people up after matches so it seems like it's meant to be that she's really violent, but then in her match she wasn't violent at all, she just bit her hand and stuff like that between regular wrestling moves. If their characters are that they're 'crazy' (which is bad in itself because just being 'crazy' without any other personality always ends up being poo poo) then how come Nikki's the only acting 'crazy' while Wolfe and Fulton actively try to stop her and Eric Young does nothing? Not to mention how the seriousness is undercut every time they drag Nikki off someone because it just highlights how tiny she is and makes her look like a child throwing a tantrum and not a post-apocalyptic meth-head or whatever she's meant to be.

They really need a promo or a vignette something to explain what their characters are.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I liked Nikki when she actually did wrestling moves but the biting and poo poo was really dumb and bad and needs to stop. Just be tiny and vicious and leave it at that.Having the referee reverse the decision also really pulled me out of the match and I hate it a lot. Is it a new rule that attacking the opponent after the match mean the decision is reversed ? Why didn't Tye win last week's match if that's suddenly a rule? Or if it only applies in this one case, why? Stupid nonsense booking.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

dordreff posted:

I liked Nikki when she actually did wrestling moves but the biting and poo poo was really dumb and bad and needs to stop. Just be tiny and vicious and leave it at that.Having the referee reverse the decision also really pulled me out of the match and I hate it a lot. Is it a new rule that attacking the opponent after the match mean the decision is reversed ? Why didn't Tye win last week's match if that's suddenly a rule? Or if it only applies in this one case, why? Stupid nonsense booking.
It used to be way more common a few years ago where the refs would reverse the decision after the heel kicked too much rear end after winning because this would someone how "protect" the loser of the match.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I didn't watch much TNA, but when I see Sanity it seems like exactly something that promotion would have done, and been mocked for. Helps also that their leader is one of TNA's old mainstays.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

echoing how great the tag team fatmen match turned out to be and how cool knight/otis looked, genuinely good poo poo. being a feral animal is wayyyyyy out of Nikki's wheelhouse and biting the loving ropes made me roll my eyes, they need to dial this back immediately.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tucker and Otis have been one of the few standouts on NXT Florida shows recently. Especially Otis.

Meltzer in the Observer said that Itami will be out for two months while Tough Enough Josh is out with a severe concussion unfortunately and has been so for months.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I actually really like what they're doing with Billie/Peyton lately and I hope they reach a level where they're credible against Asuka.

Stanfield posted:

My problem with Sanity is I'm not really sure what their gimmick is. I don't remember Wolfe and Fulton doing anything particularly interesting last week and Eric Young hasn't done anything interesting at all. Nikki's the only one who actually seems to have a character but even then it's not really solid. She beats people up after matches so it seems like it's meant to be that she's really violent, but then in her match she wasn't violent at all, she just bit her hand and stuff like that between regular wrestling moves. If their characters are that they're 'crazy' (which is bad in itself because just being 'crazy' without any other personality always ends up being poo poo) then how come Nikki's the only acting 'crazy' while Wolfe and Fulton actively try to stop her and Eric Young does nothing? Not to mention how the seriousness is undercut every time they drag Nikki off someone because it just highlights how tiny she is and makes her look like a child throwing a tantrum and not a post-apocalyptic meth-head or whatever she's meant to be.

They really need a promo or a vignette something to explain what their characters are.

Yeah, so far it's just "look at our gimmick". Which is fine for week one, but by week 2 they need to put them on the mic and give them an actual ethos or purpose (or the old Shield-style videos released by the stable itself), tell us why they're here and what they're all about. But show up and just beat people up in Mad Max cosplay, and it's whatever. So far they have no individual personalities, and they need to establish that very quickly.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
NXT is bad.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nate Silver's just run the numbers and it's extremely good

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just ran some numbers too. 69. 42. 420. 666. 1488. =/>9000.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The fat guy tag team and Jose/Swann were great, as was the complete lack of effort Nakamura put into putting down Patrick Clark.

Nikki Cross was a pretty bad choice for Sanity.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if this is their way of humbling Patrick Clark and seeing if he's truly a company man. I know Tough Enough probably embellished a lot of personality traits but he seemed like an entitled prick who thought he was a big deal and everything he said was transparently what WWE wanted to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Nakamura doing the wrestling equivalent of the anime "walk past a guy, invisibly owning them while doing so" thing to Patrick Clark was rad.

• Locked thread