Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Murray Mantoinette posted:

LEAD entomologist
[/quote]

hilarious, even when she's posting about how creeped out she is, can't help but throw in that she didn't just gently caress an old saggy entomologist. No no no. a LEAD entomologist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not just that, but she sought him out and initiated the sex.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

She had a fetish that only a middle-aged, depressed Lead Entomologist could satisfy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mind the walrus posted:

oh that was no accident, surely her fetish is something entomology-related, something only a LEAD entomologist has the expertise for. I'd rather not speculate on the details

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The lead entomologists always get all the groupees. I'm only aspiring but one of these days...

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

What sort of firm employs an entomologist, let alone multiple entomologists such that there can be a lead? I would think entomology is pretty much an academia pathway exclusive career.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There are probably chemical and engineering applications of their studies, especially in Agrarian sectors.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mind the walrus posted:

There are probably chemical and engineering applications of their studies, especially in Agrarian sectors.

Insect surveys are also pretty important in the environmental industry.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
loving trainee entomologists thinking they can get with me

Get beefy, bitch

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This entomologist chat is legit but I have a long one to keep it rolling:

quote:

Just found if that my (30f) husband (29m) impregnated another woman (20f). He's been cheating for 2 years and they are engaged. All news to me. I need support and advice on how to possibly get through this.

My husband "Ben" and I have been together 6 years, married for 3.5, and have a daughter together (22 months old). I'm due to deliver our second child in roughly 3 weeks. Basically ready to pop.

I'm not going to lie and say that things have always been golden between Ben and me. Things have been a bit strained the past year. Our second pregnancy wasn't planned (thanks to a "migrated" IUD that was rendered ineffective, unbeknownst to me until after the fact). I'm lucky the baby (and me) is healthy and there are no complications because of the IUD.
Ben flipped when we found out we were pregnant. He pressured me heavily to get an abortion. I'm not against abortion and fully support my fellow women's right to choose. However, in my situation, I am a successful woman in my career, I love being a mother, I thought I had a loving husband, and, at the end of the day, it's my drat body. So I kept the baby.
We went into counseling to help us work through the issues my decision caused. That lasted about a month.

Ben is definitely resentful. He also started insulting my pregnant body and we have not had sex in 5 months. With my hormones, my libido is through the roof when I'm pregnant; I initiated sex constantly with him and he would act disgusted because of my body. People of Reddit who have been pregnant or the partner of someone who was/is pregnant know that things definitely do change. Some... things... are swollen, engorged, breasts leak at a certain point in the pregnancy, etc. The hurt I felt at his rejection was profound. It was so profound that I didn't gain nearly enough weight in my first 2 trimesters because I wasn't eating and when my doctor asked what was going on, I broke down in his office and told him everything. I told him that I didn't want to eat because the bigger I got, the more disgusted my husband became. I started at 112lbs (I'm only 5'2") and by 6 months pregnant, was weighing in at only 114.5lbs. That was significantly underweight. I should have been about 10 lbs heavier than that.

Side note: Doctor and I had a serious talk, the doctor made dietary suggestions that would help, he set a goal weight for me and I'm now up to 126lbs, which, while still under where I should be, is okay with my doctor.

The first pregnancy, Ben was great. Attentive and loving, he'd go out and get me food and supplies, he'd rub my (c)ankles. I was put on bed rest due to complications for the last 1.5 months of my pregnancy. That was miserable but he was really good to me during the ordeal. No sex during that time, obviously.
So the other day I was at the grocery store and this very gorgeous young woman approached me and asked if I was Mrs. Ben. I said yes.
She asked if she could buy me a dessert at the cafe in the store and talk to me. I was confused and asked if I knew her and she told me no, but that she knew my husband and that we needed to talk about some things.

I knew right then, I swear I did. So I followed this perky little blonde girl to the cafe and heard her out.
She was so matter-of-fact that I wanted to reach over and yank her ponytail right out of her head. She said that she and Ben were in love, had been for a couple of years, and that they were going to get married as soon as he files for divorce.

When I found my voice again, I asked her wtf she was talking about. She pulls up her "Insta" and starts showing me all of these pictures of them together. Ben has been pretty MIA during this pregnancy, which I chalked up to just him avoiding me since he is still angry about the pregnancy and doesn't want to have sex. Infidelity on his part crossed my mind, for sure, but I honestly didn't think he was. He's a great father and I thought a decent man, I really thought he'd divorce me before he'd have an affair.
I still don't know how he managed to make the time to go on all the hikes and swims, etc. that they were going on in their pics. He took her to Toronto a couple of months ago when he went for a work convention. They vacationed together.

So this girl met my husband two years ago when she was 18 years old at, I bet you could guess, the gym where she worked. By the timeframe I could pull together from her, they started seeing each other right around when I was on bedrest during my first pregnancy.

Then she flashes me the engagement ring and says they're engaged. She gave me a stupid, condescending face and said something like "I really am sorry it didn't work out for you two."
This girl had some nerve confronting me in person, 8 months pregnant. She's lucky I didn't choke her with the cookie she bought me. She said something like "you'll be okay, you two haven't been in love for a while. Ben has been really open and honest with me about everything."
So she knew about me 100%. She knew I was pregnant, she knew we already have a child together. And yet she still lives in some fking other world where this is fine, because she gets the "prize".

My hormones did not allow me to sit quietly and come up with a plan of action. I left this little twit and the grocery store, got in my car, and drove straight to Ben's office.
I marched into his office, grabbed his coffee mug and threw it into the wall behind him. It was not the best way to handle things, but I yelled pretty loudly about what I'd just found out. Ben's assistant, who is a lovely woman whom I love dearly and who loves me, was sitting at her desk outside his office. I addressed her and said, "Hey "Jane", do you know that Ben is a pos? Do you know that he's engaged to a 20 year old girl and he's been screwing her for 2 years?" Then I started shouting at the whole office, letting them know that Ben is a cheating, weasel of a man, that he's less than a man.

It was really bad of me, I know. I'm still embarrassed, humiliated really.

Ben got me out of the office and sat in my car with me. I asked him how he could do this to me and why didn't he just divorce me already. His response was that he wasn't planning on divorcing me because he loved me and our family. I told him that... we'll call her "Holly"... certainly seemed to think he was, so he might wanna let her in on that fact. Like, perhaps he shouldn't have proposed. Just a thought.

Ben starts crying and saying he didn't know why he let things go as far as they did with Holly, that it was a huge ego boost to his stupid dick that an 18 year old girl that looked like her wanted to fk him.

Anyway, he kept saying we can get through this. I was just sobbing because I'm literally fking weeks away from giving birth to this man's child. After all the stupid crying and meaningless words, he makes an offhanded comment about how he's pretty sure she'll abort the baby if he tells her that he's not divorcing or leaving me and that he's ending things with her.

Holly had failed to mention she was pregnant and she was wearing a jacket, I didn't notice a belly. That's when my tears stopped and I told him to gtfo of my car. He realized I hadn't known that fact and started to backtrack and kept pleading with me. I grabbed my purse and started swatting him with it (not hard, for the record). Every time he tried to talk, I'd swat him with it and just kept telling him to gtfo. He finally did.

I called my big brother and told him to come over. He essentially acted as bodyguard/bouncer when Ben tried to come home. Handed him a suitcase we'd packed for him and told him to stay away and to go fk himself. My phone has been blowing up with messages/calls.

My brother and his fiancée have been helping out with taking care of my daughter and me. My parents are deceased, so no parents to lean on during this. My girlfriends have been great as well.
We are all shocked. I don't know if I want him even in the delivery room. My brother's fiancée and my friends have already offered to step in and be there, no matter what time/when.

I can't express to you the stress I'm under right now. I have a daughter to take care of and a baby to deliver in just a few weeks. Now I have a divorce to think about, assets to divide, people to tell, and just complete and utter grief to go through. I'm going to be a single mother of two. Every time I say that I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. I started having pains a couple of days after this (it's been 2 weeks) and went to see my doctor, but he said everything was fine. Told me to, as silly as it sounds, take baths and just take the time to breathe. He told me to lean my head back so I am looking at the ceiling and then submerge my head until my ears are under. Then he said to listen to my breathing, take deep breaths in and out. He told me to calm down and to just catch my breath, to not allow myself to get so stressed that I put strain on this pregnancy. It is surprisingly effective.

Sorry this got so long but I desperately needed to get this out and to tell people even if you are all strangers. Any advice on how to juggle a divorce with all of this? Should I let him in the delivery room? I'm so stressed I haven't even talked to a lawyer yet, should I now or wait until after the birth? I'm so terrified and so lost right now, please, any advice would help me out right now.

TL;DR: My husband has been cheating for 2 years with a very young woman. They are engaged, they are pregnant. I am also pregnant and due to give birth in 3 weeks. The stress is crushing me and I've never been so scared in my entire life. I am divorcing him but I don't know if I should wait to do anything until after the delivery? Should I let him in the delivery room with me? I really need advice, please.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
good thing she didn't have that abortion!

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
The divorce is going to go super smoothly

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

quote:

How do I get the receptionist in my building to wash her hands after pooping?

I noticed a lady in the building where I work at wouldn't wash her hands after coming out the stall. She would go right out the door. After months of detective work I found out who it was. Yesterday I was in the stall next to hers and heard her poo and pee. I quickly come out of my stall and started washing my hands with soap and water like a human being. She comes out of the stall and rinses her fingertips with water and walks towards the paper towel dispenser. In shock, I point to the soap and ask if she wants some soap.

This was our conversation:
Poopy hands- "oh no thanks"
Me- "oh I know some people that are allergic to soap, are you?"
Poopy hands- "No, I normally don't need it and the smell gives me a headache"
Me- "Well we all have to use soap after we poop"
Poopy hands- "Yeah"
Me-"I heard you poo"

Then she turns around and walks away.

This lady never uses soap and only uses water when someone else is looking at her. How do I get her to use hand sanitizer or soap? She's a receptionist at the lawyer's office next door. Should I give up?

Everyone involved here is great.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

mind the walrus posted:

aw, her baby will have a friend the same age :3:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

curlingiron posted:

Everyone involved here is great.
im allergic to water so i never wash after pooping and then i get on the train and touch everything to clean the bacteria off my hands like a real man :black101:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It's a shame there's no way to have unwanted children taken from one family and given to another. An adoption of the child, if you will.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

mind the walrus posted:

I'm still confused why she kept the baby.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Pregnancy lady has it together and isn't taking his poo poo, so it's not really lol material and I just feel bad for her. But wow how dumb do you have to be to go 'well this guy is cheating on his pregnant current wife I sure would like to be married to this person that is a good decision about marriage'.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > r/relationships 3.0: I Heard You Poo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gaunab posted:

I'm still confused why she kept the baby.

Because she discovered her affair late (as in, almost "ready to pop") in the pregnancy. I think if she had discovered it earlier she would have no problems with it.

lazorexplosion posted:

Pregnancy lady has it together and isn't taking his poo poo, so it's not really lol material and I just feel bad for her. But wow how dumb do you have to be to go 'well this guy is cheating on his pregnant current wife I sure would like to be married to this person that is a good decision about marriage'.

20-year olds, man

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Yeah for some reason some people like the thrill and the go stroke of being so desireable that a married person would risk so much to be with them. It doesn't really make sense to me because it has never been portrayed in media as a good thing. But that jackass was probably moaning on an on about how horrible his wife is too.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [20M] crush [19F] caught me stealing panties

Some background- Jane Doe and I met at the start of this semester. She's always been a bit flirty with me and has shown plenty of interest, and I like her as well. We haven't been on an official date but have hung out a lot.

Jane and I were watching a movie in her room when her mom called her downstairs for something. She left the room, closing the door with her as she went. I noticed a hamper of her dirty laundry in the corner and got up just to look. On top was a pair of panties, obviously worn. Without even thinking, I pocketed them and sat back down.

She came back in, we finished the movie, and everything was going well. She was being really flirty and wanted to go get ice cream after, so we headed back to my car. I sat down, and she looked at me funny and asked "what the hell is that?" I looked down and noticed a flash of pink that had slipped out of my pocket. I told her nothing and tried to shrug it off, but she reached into my pocket and pulled them out. She didn't seem mad but just kind of grossed out, and walked out of the car and back home. I tried to follow her but decided it would be better not to.

I texted her a bunch and apologized, and she responded an hour later sayings it's fine and that she over reacted "she guesses." She hasn't been texting with all the emojis and stuff she usually uses though, sort of just one word answers and quick messages.

Anyways Reddit, did I completely ruin my chances forever? I really do like this girl, I just let my penis think more than my brain for a second. Is there anything I can say or do to try and get back in with her? Anything is appreciated!

Tldr; caught stealing my crushes panties

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

lazorexplosion posted:

"But he won't cheat on me because he loves me so, so much, unlike the loveless marriage with that harpy who tricked him into staying by getting pregnant. This is true love."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Every morning there's a panty hangin
from the corner of my not-girlfriend's four post bed

I blew my chances but I'll see if I can use it
To humiliate myself on the internet because I'm a loving moron

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

tactlessbastard posted:

I had sex ed in Arkansas in 1997 at a Catholic school, taught by a monk, and he gave us a completely frank and anatomically accurate education about the process, risks, and prophylactics. Only at the end did he say that as good Catholic boys we'd burn in hell forever for nor waiting until marriage. Was your brother homeschooled by evangelicals?

No, he went to public school, but a lot of districts in Arkansas changed their so-called "sex-ed" program somewhere in the Huckabee administration. I am a lot older than my brother and sister (I'm 38) and it was a lot different. They went to Malvern High if that matters... and it probably does since most of the school board got replaced due to embezzlement and corruption in 1997.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 20, 2016

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Why is this a thing? :psyduck:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Gaunab posted:

'Jane Doe'
Yes, use that as a stand-in name

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

HardDiskD posted:

Why is this a thing? :psyduck:

Panties aren't the best thing in the world, but they're close to it.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
A guy [30's M] in my [30's F] office doesn't wear underwear.

quote:

So this is a weird one. There's a guy in my office and we'll call him Greg because that's his name. If it wasn't for this one thing, nobody would have a single negative thing to say about him. He's the 100% typical office guy who doesn't ruffle feathers, does a decent enough job, has a "normal" sense of humor, is never rude or mean, blah blah blah. But it seems like he never wears underwear and most days you can pretty clearly see the outline of his dick in his pants. They're not see-through pants so it's not like it's actually on full display. The only time you can't see it is when he wears jeans one or two days a week. It's not like he's walking around with erections or anything, but with the kinds of pants he wears you can just see it there.

The thing is...some of the women in the office get kind of a kick out of it and don't want it to stop, but some of us are kind of weirded out by it. It's not like he walks around flapping his thing around advertising the fact that he's going commando or anything either, he just goes about his business. It's just so weird.

We're thinking about a way to maybe bring it up with him, and the general consensus always seems to be to do something like that anonymously, but is this even something that is worthy of addressing or do we just need to deal with it? All I can imagine is leaving him a note that says "Hey Greg, how about wearing underwear, okay?" And then him totally ignoring it...and then what do we do? Just drop it?

Is he actually even doing anything wrong? I can't imagine this is serious enough of a thing that it's a legal/harassment kind of thing, since he's never actually blatantly said or done anything to bring attention to his crotch, but it is distracting and bothersome to some people. I can't imagine going to HR about this either, and it certainly doesn't bother me enough to be the one to go to them. So how would you handle this?

TL;DR - Office Greg doesn't wear underwear and we can see his dick in his pants. We're torn in the office whether or not to address it, and we have no idea how to do it if we choose to go that route.
new thead hero sighted

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DOMDOM posted:

A guy [30's M] in my [30's F] office doesn't wear underwear.

new thead hero sighted

That dude is banging half the office.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I imagine he'd see the note reading "how about some underwear", scribble "NAH" on it and just go on with his day.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Obviously the solution is to have a Secret Santa thing at the office and have Greg only be given underwear. What can go wrong?

Alternately, just enjoy the Dockers dong. Life is short.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Help reddit this woman in my office has boobies and I can't stop looking at them! I can see the outline of them through her shirt everyday its crazy!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

How hard can it be not to look at a guy's crotch all the time

I do this constantly and I don't even notice it

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

VERY

Also he could some pushup boxers that make your bulge look bigger or something just as a little gently caress-you. OR those elephant ones

Stickfigure fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 20, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

loquacius posted:

Cleavage.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Now that one's tougher.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

loquacius posted:

I know ri...Oh...

...good point.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cleavage is like right up near the face though

I'm having trouble thinking of poses this guy could strike in an office setting that would display his crotch that prominently, like he walks over to your cube, plops one foot down on your desk, leans on that knee, and starts talking about your TPS reports or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Cleavage is like right up near the face though

I'm having trouble thinking of poses this guy could strike in an office setting that would display his crotch that prominently, like he walks over to your cube, plops one foot down on your desk, leans on that knee, and starts talking about your TPS reports or something

This is also a good point, and establishes a clear divide between crotch/cleavage temptation.