Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oddium posted:

who are you going to be because i leveled up isabelle and i want to be her. or blathers. i'm just kidding i didn't buy that game. sorry nintendo

mable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

im excited for the NX trailer and less excited for the newbies who will come into this thread to talk about nintendos financial outlook

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Quest For Glory II posted:

im excited for the NX trailer and less excited for the newbies who will come into this thread to talk about nintendos financial outlook

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
tomorrows trailer will be 2 minutes 50 seconds of fluff and talk about how great its going to be and only 10 seconds will be on the console and games. mayyybe we'll see the official logo who knows.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I will buy the nintendo. I am excited to order one soon.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

You will say wow

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

*trailer begins*

Good morning. Reggie here, from the Nintendo World Store in New York. Gamers everywhere are enjoying the great library of titles on the Nintendo 3DS, the New Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo Wii U, as well as our brand new mobile initative, starting with Miitomo, and Super Mario Run, coming this December. From Splatoon to Paper Mario: Color Splash, there is truly something for everyone.

But we know that people are excited to find out... what's next. A true next-generation console, with a revolutionary idea. A gaming experience that connects the hardcore gamers, but also invites brand new gamers, in ways that you've never imagined. In 2015 we revealed Codename NX, and in the months since then, the anticipation has been tremendous.

We CANNOT WAIT to show you the next generation of Nintendo gaming, later this year. Thanks for watching.

*trailer ends*

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

New Zelda moved to NX, it will still release on Wii U but it won't support widescreen, or saving your game, it will be grey-scale and Link has been replaced by one of the boxes from MGS in that version

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
*trailer begins*

Reggie: look it's got zelda and smash. what more do you want, you fucks

*trailer ends*

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[me, playing breath of the wild on the bus or whatever city people do]: you wouldn't believe it, but i'm actually playing a home console, in my pocket

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my nx will stay safe at home and probably still never actually be attached to a tv.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

gently caress I have a microbiology lab at 9am tomorrow.

i don't wanna learn about bacteria, i wanna learn about the nx

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I was wondering if the trailer might actually be an announcement for some bigger event. Like they show mostly just the console itself and then end the video saying to watch some 2-hour mega-direct in November where they go into detail what the launch games are.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Oh no. This is my last chance to make insane claims about the NX. Better make it good.

"The NX reveal will prove once and for all the Hillary did the crimes! Take that wikileaks!"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the video is going to be the clip from the office where they make a commercial but they're passing around an nx gamepad

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Remember the Sega Nomad

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hace posted:

Remember the Sega Nomad

The NX is actually just a nomad and 32x bundle.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

more like the sega yesmad, when they see nintendo ripped them off !!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

take the nx anywhere
the movies,
the park
jury duty
the skys the limited (you can play on the plane0)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hace posted:

Remember the Sega Nomad

nx's secret is that its handset case is even more slanted

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I hope they bring friend codes back for real

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a.lo posted:

take the nx anywhere
the movies,
the park
jury duty
the skys the limited (you can play on the plane0)

flight attendant walks over and does the tsk tsk finger wag, sees it's a nintendo nx, winks and makes the mario coin noise

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

oddium posted:

flight attendant walks over and does the tsk tsk finger wag, sees it's a nintendo nx, winks and makes the mario coin noise

Does she say "Let's-a go!"?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the NX will launch with Mario Teaches Typing 2

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sam Faust posted:

I was wondering if the trailer might actually be an announcement for some bigger event. Like they show mostly just the console itself and then end the video saying to watch some 2-hour mega-direct in November where they go into detail what the launch games are.

Yeah, basically.

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/788905945795616773

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/788905169144676352

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mario is missing maker

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

bman in 2288 posted:

Does she say "Let's-a go!"?

there's no talking but the final shot is the plane ascending and the whistle from mario bros 3 plays

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wanna know the games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CG trailer of Samus leaving her ship, pulls out the NX from behind her back

then she gets back into her ship and leaves as the Federation Force drop out of the sky and pose heroically

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it sounds like they are at least trying to communicate what the dang thing is this time, so good job on that front nintendons

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Real hurthling! posted:

wanna know the games

I really, really hope the trailer has some quick shots of the games. Like for two frames you can see Mario jumping on Cthulhu or something.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Can't wait to learn how Nintendo is doomed tomorrow.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Confound it, I won't be able to watch it for several hours after the announcement.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEKCetCeibs

I'm pretty much expecting that but with some game footage sliced in every now and then.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'd bet they don't show anything except the console and its concept. they are going to be going over the top to explain what's up after last time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

wanna know the games

no games

it's not that sort of thing

you'll see

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

tomorrow, our long national nightmare will be over

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEKCetCeibs

I'm pretty much expecting that but with some game footage sliced in every now and then.

I really hope it's just this + maybe some comparison shots of zelda on wii u vs nx.

Like say what you will about Nintendo marketing, but after watching that video, I know exactly what kind of things the wii will do, that it's aimed at everyone, and why it's so revolutionary.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Phimosissy posted:

no games

it's not that sort of thing

you'll see

nintendo cereal system 2 here we come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what are the odds Wii is in the title again