Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

Finally got a Vigil that isn't turds.

Perfect Balance / Reinforced Barrel, Lightweight / Acc Coils, Hot Swap / Eye of the Storm

I feel like someone here said Accelerated Coils on it dumbs it down?

AC is only good when it doesnt change the bolts to kill, which is does on vigil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Zodack posted:

Just did an Archon's Forge that we failed because the boss dome closed and then refused to open for 3 minutes

I've noticed this and other weird bugs when people hang out on the entrance ledge.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I've noticed this and other weird bugs when people hang out on the entrance ledge.

The pro camping spot is near the right cave anyway. Can shoot everything, can take two steps back to recover health if you get ganged up on.

cvnvcnv posted:

Finally got a Vigil that isn't turds.

Perfect Balance / Reinforced Barrel, Lightweight / Acc Coils, Hot Swap / Eye of the Storm

I feel like someone here said Accelerated Coils on it dumbs it down?

reinforced barrel is good, lightweight and hot swap are preference things. The main theme seems to be on 4 bolt fusions you want to max the range. But perfect balance is good too if you have issues controlling the recoil.

I think rifled barrel, snapshot, rangefinder might be the "god" roll.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

reinforced barrel is good, lightweight and hot swap are preference things. The main theme seems to be on 4 bolt fusions you want to max the range. But perfect balance is good too if you have issues controlling the recoil.

I think rifled barrel, snapshot, rangefinder might be the "god" roll.
I was guessing about PB, not having used a high impact like it in a while. Appreciate the heads-up :)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The "meta" for FRs shifted from high stability 5 bolt kill archetypes to high range 4 bolt kill archetypes. Keep in mind that this meta shift happened without any real changes to the weapon type. The real answer is how you want to use an FR. High stability 5 bolt (Thesan) are much easier to use. Pull trigger, wait, voop. Tight grouping, simple. High range 4 bolt can kill at hilarious ranges but there's a serious learning curve to the slow charge rate AND you need to learn how to control recoil mid voop.

It's just the Reddit hive mind at work, use what you're comfortable with.

e: be careful with Acc Coils. Like mentioned above you don't want to change your FRs bolts to kill to a higher number. Spergs on Reddit have tables on with FRs are affected by this.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 20, 2016

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got a Red Dot OAS Counterbalance Perfect Balance Full Auto..... Hopscotch Pilgrim. Meanwhile I have yet to score a single Grasp of any flavor

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
SERIOUSLY WHAT THE gently caress YALL DO WITH LEGENDARY MARKS

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

FishBulb posted:

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE gently caress YALL DO WITH LEGENDARY MARKS

Planetary materials. My vault is fuckin overflowing

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Legs Benedict posted:

Planetary materials. My vault is fuckin overflowing

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They're worthless. It's like 1000 for a rank. Who cares.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

buy engrams i guess then?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

FishBulb posted:

Better than nothing

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

FishBulb posted:

Assemble your perfect iron lord armor set. Keep opening those packages using that impossibly clunky interface and infusing them at 3 a pop until you get your perfect t12 roll on everything.

Become legend.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

Then let them sit capped.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Awesome! posted:

buy engrams i guess then?

Buy a weapon engram from Cryptarch, get an artifact. Good game design! :downs:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

poor life choice posted:

Assemble your perfect iron lord armor set. Keep opening those packages using that impossibly clunky interface and infusing them at 3 a pop until you get your perfect t12 roll on everything.

Become legend.

Tier 11 is legendary enough.

Lightning Knight posted:

Buy a weapon engram from Cryptarch, get an artifact. Good game design! :downs:

I get so mad every time that loving happens.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I got a saladins vigil while farming forge. Fun gun just wish it had more initial ammo. Rangefinder extended mag hammer forged

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Vosik seems like the hardest boss in the raid on HM (we called it a night before fighting P2).

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
We very nearly shrank into corncobs tonight, but inpheaux and gogogadgetchris saw to it that we were not owned this day.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

lol this fuckin game

Braced Frame/Luck In The Chamber...

...Clown Cartridge. :negative:

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 20, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm putzing along near 340 light on all three dudes

is there anyplace else to get assassination patrols in the plaguelands other than the area where it drops you? Because I hate that it's the last thing I have to do to finish the weekly patrol poo poo and I never get it

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

is there anyplace else to get assassination patrols in the plaguelands other than the area where it drops you? Because I hate that it's the last thing I have to do to finish the weekly patrol poo poo and I never get it

they randomly pop, but usually I just check out the starting area and head into giant's husk, but otherwise I just go to orbit and back

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

skaboomizzy posted:

rocketyard/divide areas seem to have them more often than the other areas but maybe thats just my luck so far.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

skaboomizzy posted:

Lord's, Archon's, Divide.

I... don't think that Giant's can, though but I'm not 100% on that. I'm also not 100% sure on Rocketyard, I forgot

Quarantine missions can spawn at Giant's, Archon's and Rocketyard for the record, but not Divide or Lord's.

The usual loop I did was Lord's, Giant's, Archon, orbit.
BUT sometimes Archon VIP will send you to bunker trigonometry, in which case continue back to Lord's then to Rocketyard and Divide. Or go to orbit.
OR VIPs from Lord's will usually send you to bunker trigpalin. Then continue on to Archon's. Then either orbit or continue on to Giant's, back through Lord's into Rocketyard, depending what patrols you still need.

I'm kind of thinking that if there's no VIP at Lord's then you should head through the warehouse to Rocketyard/Divide instead of going to Giant's/Archon's. I agree with Awesome that those areas seem to have higher amounts of VIP/Quarantine but I dunno might just be rng and confirmation bias. So if I ever feel like doing that quest again I'll try this method out.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Good info, thanks y'all

What's the best way to level up beyond 340 that all the cool kids are doing? I'm not trying to hit 400 but I'd like to not get stomped by 365s next Iron Banner.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

skaboomizzy posted:

Good info, thanks y'all

What's the best way to level up beyond 340 that all the cool kids are doing? I'm not trying to hit 400 but I'd like to not get stomped by 365s next Iron Banner.

It'll be 385s next time.

Regular non-heroic strikes will take you to 365. Regular purples and heroic strikes will take you to 385, as well as normal mode raid. Hard mode raid, exotics, Trials, and presumably IB will also take you to 400. Regular Crucible apparently also drops up to mad. Faction packages drop up to 390.

Edit: also strike unique drops from the end chests might go up to 400? Maybe only from heroic strikes? Good luck getting keys tho lmao.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Cross-posting because this seems hard to find people, but are there any active boners that want to run King's Fall now, or later today?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

It'll be 385s next time.

Regular non-heroic strikes will take you to 365. Regular purples and heroic strikes will take you to 385, as well as normal mode raid. Hard mode raid, exotics, Trials, and presumably IB will also take you to 400. Regular Crucible apparently also drops up to mad. Faction packages drop up to 390.

Edit: also strike unique drops from the end chests might go up to 400? Maybe only from heroic strikes? Good luck getting keys tho lmao.

I pretty much only play Destiny as a thing to do while I get drunk, so I'm always looking for the easiest ways to get light.

At some point it's going to get competitive beyond that and I'll just stop playing until "Destiny 2" where I hopefully have enough brownie points with Bungie to not be hosed in PvP upon release.

So I guess I'll keep grinding one point at a time through this weekly plaguelands patrol thing. Does anyone even know what "noble deeds" are to finish that weekly quest? Is it just completing patrols?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

skaboomizzy posted:

So I guess I'll keep grinding one point at a time through this weekly plaguelands patrol thing. Does anyone even know what "noble deeds" are to finish that weekly quest? Is it just completing patrols?
I think it's pretty much everything, like the planet specific bounties that say like "open chests, shoot dudes." If you do the Shiro bounties at the same time you'll finish it.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

skaboomizzy posted:

Good info, thanks y'all

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Shadow Price, Devil you Know, Zombie Apocalypse, Saturn Rapist, all of them with the absolute worst perks imaginable.

Why the gently caress do these guns roll with such garbage don't give me the gold roll right off the bat but come the gently caress on.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

I got 400LL poo poo from the crappy tier 1 siva offerings.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Hulk Krogan posted:

lol this fuckin game

Braced Frame/Luck In The Chamber...

...Clown Cartridge. :negative:

:smug:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ended up LFGing Kings Fall, spent like two hours banging against Golgoroth before disbanding. Nobody had ever cleared him before and they all kept dying constantly. CONSTANTLY.

So I still need Golgoroth and Oryx :/

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Akuma posted:

Ended up LFGing Kings Fall, spent like two hours banging against Golgoroth before disbanding. Nobody had ever cleared him before and they all kept dying constantly. CONSTANTLY.

So I still need Golgoroth and Oryx :/

Might be best to wait a month or so with HM WoTM dropping this week. The majority of raiders are running HM or doing normal gearing up for HM right now.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
What exotics are titans running in the raid? I figure the closest thing to useful would be twilight garrison for more heavy/mobility, possibly glasshouse for extended weapons?

Also, it just occurred to me that the raid helmet is probably really useful for the siege engine. Get a blessing bubble train rolling and just brute force your way forward. Raid chest is helpful for Vosik, though making the effort to clear adds before throwing was the real difference-maker for the group I was in.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

poor life choice posted:

What exotics are titans running in the raid? I figure the closest thing to useful would be twilight garrison for more heavy/mobility, possibly glasshouse for extended weapons?

Also, it just occurred to me that the raid helmet is probably really useful for the siege engine. Get a blessing bubble train rolling and just brute force your way forward. Raid chest is helpful for Vosik, though making the effort to clear adds before throwing was the real difference-maker for the group I was in.

An Insurmountable Skullfort if you're going to use melting point on Aksis. Ruin wings if you don't have raid arms I guess?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

poor life choice posted:

I am running twilight garrison. No reason whatsoever. If I where to choose one really for a reason, It would be the armamentarium or maybe that one that make enemies explode if they touch you, or no exotics and full raid gear (thats a okay decision).

For people running defender titan, glasshouse makes a lot of sense.

Secret: Don't tell anyone, but this raid is made for Titans. No matter what you choose, you are awesome. Theres no wrong options.

Edit:
Theres always Saint 14 for when you can get a group of enemies blind. So.. vosik and zamboni?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

poor life choice posted:

Dunemarchers for movement speed. I was using fist of havoc for everything after Vosik as a way to thin out captains and the additional sprint speed helped me close the distance. I could see armamentarium being nice for double sticky grenades to keep the captains in place as well but I think the damage reduction on the raid chest piece is really useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Poonmunchers

• Locked thread