Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

bobkatt013 posted:

No idea, but sure there is going to be some sort of twist, and we know the real bad guy of the even (Cap) is still kicking

Speaking of. U.S. Avengers second issue solicit mentions Captain America dying. So far Capt. Hydra is lined up for a lot of poo poo but nothings shown up for Sam.

So unless it's a twist...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Onmi posted:

Speaking of. U.S. Avengers second issue solicit mentions Captain America dying. So far Capt. Hydra is lined up for a lot of poo poo but nothings shown up for Sam.

Sam and Steve are both mentioned in the solicit.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

bobkatt013 posted:

Sam and Steve are both mentioned in the solicit.

In solicits you mean? or the U.S. Avengers one? Because I don't think either of them are actually mentioned (Which means nothing as it's almost assuredly a fakeout.)

quote:

U.S.AVENGERS #2

Welcome to the $kullocracy! The Golden Skull launches his takeover bid — and it’s so crazy it just might work!

How do the U.S.Avengers respond to the looming threat? Tuxedos. Really well-fitted tuxedos.

Plus! Where were you on Zero Day — the day Captain America died?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Onmi posted:

That comic is dealing with alternate and future reality characters. There's no twist.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Roth posted:

Wait is Ulysses evil now?

HIs inhuman ability isn't to predict the future but the turn everyone into morons by leading them towards the future he predicts.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Onmi posted:

In solicits you mean? or the U.S. Avengers one? Because I don't think either of them are actually mentioned (Which means nothing as it's almost assuredly a fakeout.)

I thought you meant in general as Sam and Steve Captain America books are still coming out in January.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought you meant in general as Sam and Steve Captain America books are still coming out in January.

Oh no... yeah I can see how what I posted read that way. That's my fault.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey. Someone at Newsarama liked Slapstick #1 http://www.newsarama.com/31612-best-shots-advance-review-slapstick-1-9-10.html

e: Hmm. I didn't know it was gonna be a digital short first.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow, someone at Newsarama like [insert comic from major publisher]. Very surprising!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone at Newsarama got a bunch of free poo poo to give a book a positive review.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

An Infinite Digital comic can't be worth too much payola. A chocolate bar?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Slapstick was surprisingly enjoyable.
It was also pretty cute seeing him finally calm down and play with his nephew and niece for a bit.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hey Death of X #2 is out and it's one of two things.

1. A surprisingly interesting tale of Mutants fighting for their very survival coming into conflict with the inhumans and being forced into a war neither side wants but can avoid.
2. loving stupid asinine bullshit.

I'll leave you to guess which is which.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Just read the last issue of Mockingbird.

So yeah. That poo poo happened.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought Death of X #2 was much better, now the conflict is kicking off.

It's not astounding. Things are playing out pretty much exactly as you'd imagine from the scenario.

edit:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 19, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The parts that didn't involve Scott or Emma were perfectly decent. Then those two would show up on the page and it's like...I'm sorry, do these writers hate them, or what? Is this their way of making the X-side seem so vile and obnoxious that there's no way anyone would sympathize with them against the black horse Inhumans option? Is the twist ending that both of them got possessed by Sublime or something?

And the gently caress is Magneto doing on that last page? Is that his way of giving us the rear end-and-boob shot?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I thought Death of X #2 was much better, now the conflict is kicking off.

It's not astounding. Things are playing out pretty much exactly as you'd imagine from the scenario.

edit:

Bendis (giving the benefit of ignorance) unintentionally wrote Young Jean Grey (who I'm assuming it's about) as a terrible person, but maybe if someone else is attached to that it'll be good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd say that is almost surely going to be classic Jean.

Or resurrxioned Jean

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mockingbird was too good for this world.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's pretty strange and gross how the only version of Jean that has an open chest uniform on that cover is the teenage one

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'd say that is almost surely going to be classic Jean.

Or resurrxioned Jean

God drat it. The good money was on Wolverine or Xavier but it will now almost certainly be Jean.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

site posted:

It's pretty strange and gross how the only version of Jean that has an open chest uniform on that cover is the teenage one

The other one had the bondage mask. Pretty even.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Personally, I think it's time they bring back Blink. Again. But the real one this time.

Reading Mockingbird and A-Force back to back legit depressed me this week. Then right into the Death of X shitshow and I start to wonder why I bother keeping up with monthlies anymore. Maybe I'll just go unlimited and be six months behind all the time. :sigh:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm sure it'll be Young Jean. At least I hope so. I don't want any of the older ones around anymore.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
She's a world-class telekinetic and a professional superhero with a knack for dying and coming back to life!
She's exactly the same person, but twenty years younger!

Watch them team up to fight crime and give the entire Sh'iar Empire a case of the screaming heebie-jeebies in... Jean Grey! Coming 2017.

(this is almost certainly not the premise of the book but it's the premise I want)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

NmareBfly posted:

Reading Mockingbird and A-Force back to back legit depressed me this week.

Yeah this is not a good week for me either

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Young Jean Grey is not my X-Man,
She's just a girl who says that she has a plan,
But Bendis can't write worth a drat

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ooh, really interested in new Jean solo. I don't think she's ever had one, even as a limited series.

I hope they're not planning on having one for every original X-mofo, though? Ain't nobody in the world gives a drat about a Warren series.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

thank you, thor book, for making me aware of the fact that space sharks are an actual thing in the marvel universe

BrianWilly posted:

Ooh, really interested in new Jean solo. I don't think she's ever had one, even as a limited series.

I hope they're not planning on having one for every original X-mofo, though? Ain't nobody in the world gives a drat about a Warren series.

yea I agree. cyclops seems to be in the champions and will probably be around in the other x books so I don't see why he'd need a solo as well, especially when old scott is is death of x. jean and bobby having them is fine tho, I'm curious to see what they do with those characters

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Considering how well the last Teen Cyclops solo comic sold even with a well-regarded writer and a fun premise, I doubt they'll be trying that particular experiment again in the near future.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Waffleman_ posted:

Young Jean Grey is not my X-Man,
She's just a girl who says that she has a plan,
But Bendis can't write worth a drat

Lol, pretty much, MJ.

I like old Jean, or at least the idea of old Jean, but she's been dead almost as long as she's been alive, and probably had her coolest moments in books that came out before I was born (and I'm old for an internet person) so honestly I don't really care what direction they go as long as it's not Bendis's Telepathic Kink Shamer.

Rick fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 20, 2016

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Did anyone else feel A Force's final issue just fell flat? Like it was fine and a decent conclusion to the story arc from the past few issues but it didn't feel like a series ender, especially as they're not (to my knowledge) having it as part of the new set of books they're doing. I wish they'd maybe done even just one more issue even if it amounted to a #0 to the next batch of books. Speaking of, are Captain Marvel and Shulkie the only ones that are getting solo titles? I guess Medusa and Dazzler will be probably be tied up in the XvsI thing but I'd really like more Nico, Singularity and Elsa.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Considering how well the last Teen Cyclops solo comic sold even with a well-regarded writer and a fun premise, I doubt they'll be trying that particular experiment again in the near future.

You're right. We're probably going to get books for both young and old Cyclops.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Anime_Otaku posted:

Did anyone else feel A Force's final issue just fell flat? Like it was fine and a decent conclusion to the story arc from the past few issues but it didn't feel like a series ender, especially as they're not (to my knowledge) having it as part of the new set of books they're doing. I wish they'd maybe done even just one more issue even if it amounted to a #0 to the next batch of books. Speaking of, are Captain Marvel and Shulkie the only ones that are getting solo titles? I guess Medusa and Dazzler will be probably be tied up in the XvsI thing but I'd really like more Nico, Singularity and Elsa.

Writer wanted to leave A-Force with an ending that could continue the story if it got renewed. She said as much on the twitter.

Rhyno posted:

You're right. We're probably going to get books for both young and old Cyclops.

Unless they try to kill Oldclops.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Anime_Otaku posted:

Elsa is a central character in Monsters Unleashed and I doubt Nico's going to be off the board for long with Marvel ramping up for Runaways stuff

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Onmi posted:

Unless they try to kill Oldclops.

It'll be all flashbacks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So for Death of X, Scott is already either dead or dying. Emma keeps talking about we and she can't keep talking t people and he has to. The last pages are weird in that Scott doesn't seem to be in the room until other people are.

So is he now just a psychic projection by Emma? The sisters all said they saw something and Emma told them to not bring it up.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Goddamn it, are they going to give every OG X-Men a title? The thing that segment of Marvel needs more than anything is less books, not more. At best, the franchise inherently deserve 2 books, 1 about whatever the main team is and their adventures, and 1 about the academy and the students. As is, having three similar books titled Extraordinary, Uncanny, and All-New doesn't give readers an explanation of what any of the three are about. And as of now, the only thing a book titled X-Men tells me is to stay the gently caress away.

They just need to reset status quo ASAP, clean the slate, and give each book a title that cleanly states the purpose of whatever team/group it's about. Ideal, one titled X-Men, and another called Xavier's.

And the fact that Avengers is starting to get into bullshit X-Men titling territory with Occupy, New, loving Uncanny, and just Avengers is not a good sign.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Goddamn it, are they going to give every OG X-Men a title? The thing that segment of Marvel needs more than anything is less books, not more. At best, the franchise inherently deserve 2 books, 1 about whatever the main team is and their adventures, and 1 about the academy and the students. As is, having three similar books titled Extraordinary, Uncanny, and All-New doesn't give readers an explanation of what any of the three are about. And as of now, the only thing a book titled X-Men tells me is to stay the gently caress away.

They just need to reset status quo ASAP, clean the slate, and give each book a title that cleanly states the purpose of whatever team/group it's about. Ideal, one titled X-Men, and another called Xavier's.

And the fact that Avengers is starting to get into bullshit X-Men titling territory with Occupy, New, loving Uncanny, and just Avengers is not a good sign.

The thing is, X-Men have always been so prolific as to basically be their own mini-franchise of marvel. Then Marvel got the bright idea to "Bring them more into the Marvel Universe." loving up their niche.

They want to make another Logan. I.E. a hero who gets so popular that he can carry a bunch of books on his own and bring in the fans. But Marvel, to put this as politely as possible, haven't really a clue on how to actually get to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've got a theory, it involves not derailing good ongoings with events so that the cool hero can organically grow and develop a loyal fanbase.

• Locked thread