Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

How did Kaine do in the dark match

He won. VP debates are dumb and ugly, but boil down to two things

1) Defend you candidate to the death
2) Don't gently caress up bigly

Kaine nailed both of these, Pence didn't gently caress up but absolutely threw Trump under the bus the entire time and looked like a total fucker because he was obviously lying nonstop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ruggan posted:

Trump is obviously terrible and unsupportable, but I also can't shake the feeling that Hilary is corrupt and self-serving. I'm not making a comparison here with Trump, I think he is too.

If she was that corrupt she'd have spun her long political career into titanic dividends way before even considering taking a run at the presidency. She hasn't so far as far as anyone can tell for real, and I'm not sure I see the value of hitting the top of the pyramid before cashing out -- it'd be way too public.

If she was as corrupt as some people want to think she is, she'd be in the government equivalent of middle management somewhere greasing wheels and staying quiet (or she'd just be a lobbyist by now.) She wouldn't be subjecting herself to the highest level of scrutiny a human being can be put under.

So maybe she is who she says she is. Stranger things have happened.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Ora Tzo posted:

So who are the likely people that will get a spot on a Trump tv channel? Alex Jones and bringing the conspiracies more mainstream?

Assange will skype in from the Ecuadorian Embassy a child's bedroom

Joe-Bob
May 12, 2005

GO BIG RED
College Slice

Bip Roberts posted:

I think you have no idea just how fundamentally conservative most of the country is.

Conservatism will live on but business conservatism as we knew it probably won't. This is a lesson that the Republican party probably should have learned from Bush's social security reform plank in his second term and from Romney/Ryan. Donald Trump has pretty much proven that the dark soul of the right doesn't rely on promising financial ruin to old white people.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Thank god someone cares about the real issues
https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/788922909871988737

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Can I just say again how awesome it is she can get away with not wearing the flag pin and hopefully kills it forever? :allears:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Drinking contest- who would win, Hillary Clinton or Rachel Maddow?

I think Rachel would win on style but Hillary would make it a wash on volume. Rachel'd be throwing together stuff like goldrushes and sazeracs while Hillary is just pounding shot after shot of Ketel One with tabasco and black pepper while reciting passages from landmark SCOTUS cases and the 19th amendment in full from memory.

vape apologists are the worst.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr.Smasher posted:

He did the whole pyro at the ringposts thing but it was confetti instead of fire

Cheapasses. Glad I traded my tickets to my cousin for those speakers he found

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

When did he decide he cares more about vaping than taxes? I thought he was the tax nazi.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

I think Rachel would win on style but Hillary would make it a wash on volume. Rachel'd be throwing together stuff like goldrushes and sazeracs while Hillary is just pounding shot after shot of Ketel One with tabasco and black pepper while reciting passages from landmark SCOTUS cases and the 19th amendment in full from memory.

vape apologists are the worst.

I would pay money to see this.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

seiferguy posted:

I've been watching the debate, and I'm actually surprised at how well Chris Hayes kept Trump in line (at least as best as he could). He didn't fact check, of course. But it really seemed like he really pressed on particular questions.

Chris Hayes? :laffo:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Dogwood Fleet posted:

In a contest like this, I think we all win. Imagine the stories they'd drop.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Bannon was pretty boastful about trump and the INCREDIBLE INTRICATE AMBUSH they had in store for Hillary before the debate.

So boastful he said some hilarious-in-hindsight things to Brian Stetler.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/788781672292556800

quote:

Trump campaign CEO Steve Bannon says Donald Trump is "the master of the head fake."

According to Bannon, the news that President Obama's Trump-supporting half-brother Malik Obama is attending Wednesday's debate is "just an appetizer."
Trump will be bringing guests who "expose Bill and Hillary's sordid past," Bannon told CNN as he arrived in Las Vegas for the debate late Tuesday night.

And just how did that work out for you.... :allears:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So Trump really didn't do anything with his guests at all?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Noted quality public speaker and brilliant political strategist Donald Trump let a "good opportunity" pass him by in a Presidential debate?!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
Even during the third debate there's this sense that Trump thinks he's running against Bill Clinton & Barack Obama, not Hillary.

Probably because he doesn't think a woman can possibly run her own campaign.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
we gotta get the bad hombres out, same with the bad pepes

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

So when are we all going to get graced with some bomb-rear end gang tags anyways?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

When did he decide he cares more about vaping than taxes? I thought he was the tax nazi.

Basically every GOP politician agrees to the tax pledge already, there's nothing else for him to do on that front. Time to move on and focus on even more important issues

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

On my morning run in suburban Ohio I've already noticed a few Trump signs go down and more Hillary signs go up, I wonder if this will change it even more.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

U-DO Burger posted:

Basically every GOP politician agrees to the tax pledge, there's nothing else for him to do on that front. Time to move on and focus on even more important issues

lmao what an idiot. Why does he care so much about vaping? Is vaping going to get banned?

All I know about vaping is "that poo poo that every gas station tries to sell at the front by the register, that probably isn't healthy for you."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cheapasses. Glad I traded my tickets to my cousin for those speakers he found

Not only that, Kaine didn't even Tombstone Pence, it was a chokeslam finish. You'd think given the fact that it was a blowoff they'd pull out all the stops, but noooooooooooo

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
can someone repost that surreal avshalom post with Hillary as a sub-orbital angel about to crash into a Trump-Akira monster?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lightning Knight posted:

lmao what an idiot. Why does he care so much about vaping? Is vaping going to get banned?

All I know about vaping is "that poo poo that every gas station tries to sell at the front by the register, that probably isn't healthy for you."

GOPers are into anything that promotes virginity

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

GOPers are into anything that promotes virginity

:vince:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

this is somehow worse than i imagined.

lmfao at opening a campaign office in long beach, which swings dem pretty consistently.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dogwood Fleet posted:

As much as I love my lesbian news girlfriend, :abuela: would drink her straight under the table and keep going for more.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ruggan posted:

Trump is obviously terrible and unsupportable, but I also can't shake the feeling that Hilary is corrupt and self-serving.

That's called "the look of power"

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Alright , heading to bed to dream about Trump in tears at the top of the Trump Tower.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Trump's whole "invite a clown car of guests" gambit rests on his failure to understand the format of the debate and its broadcast. The camera never ever cuts to the audience, so what's the point of a stunt nobody witnesses?

Ted loving Danson was more noticeable in the crowd afterwards than anyone Trump brought.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

He did briefly mention his cadre of "Angel Moms," AFAIK none of the "big name" guests got mentioned at all.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

woke wedding drone posted:

Never been a fan of white on white, really. Not in tune with fashion though :shrug:

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

:perfect:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
We will be drinking some sweet, sweet tears in a few weeks my brothers. So sweet. So fresh.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A generation of little girls are going to know this woman as President Grandma and I loving love it. :3:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

"What kind of look do you want to go for at the final debate, Secretary Clinton?"

"Think Kim Jong Un, but if he were baller as gently caress"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ciaphas posted:

Never been a fan of white on white, really. Not in tune with fashion though :shrug:

Gandalfing it up

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Play posted:

We will be drinking some sweet, sweet tears in a few weeks my brothers. So sweet. So fresh.

What's the proper, traditional American way of celebrating election night? I want to do it right but I'm not sure I can get a Turkey and I'm not drinking any Budweiser.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Does she still wear Kevlar everywhere she goes? Myth or what? I'm very curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ErIog posted:

What's gonna be hilarious is when Trump loses on November 8th and then refuses to pay Kellyanne Conway and a bunch of other campaign staff for their last few weeks of work.

He's already not paying those kids he wanted to sing at one of his rallies. They knocked it out of the park but he said he wasn't impressed so he isn't paying

• Locked thread