Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jivjov posted:

This is a three minute teaser. While it's exciting to finally get concrete information from Nintendo, we really shouldn't be expecting anything much beyond "this is our new console, this is the name, and this is the main 'gimmick' of how it works"

I want to see 1 new unannounced game.

And I want it to be a new Mario game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
I'd put money on seeing a Mario game in action during the trailer.

I mean they teased it with a huge loving Mario picture.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Infinitum posted:

I want to see 1 new unannounced game.

And I want it to be a new Mario game.

I want it to be a Mario game.

That has a hub world. I miss those.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I will honestly be shocked if we see any games, or even get verbal confirmation of games (other than Breath of the Wild) at this time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I bet we will not see "things" but hear about at least more than one thing.
Like a boo game please stop killing my dreams jivjov.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

reggie: do we have games coming for our new system in like five months. i can confirm yes

jivjov: the madmen.... they actually did it...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Let me rephrase: I don't think they're going to talk about any specific games, other than possibly BotW since we already know about that one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So is the announcement in 20min? Or am I getting my timezones mixed up?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

1hr20min

We will see BotW (obviouly from the leaked videos) and a new mario title, although the mario title will probably be 5-10 seconds at the end

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Infinitum posted:

One hour and 20.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theyll show us a new metroid

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Japan at least is due for a Monster Hunter 5 in 2017. Given the numbers that thing pushes over there, I'll be amazed if we don't hear news about it sooner than later. That would be a major selling point for the NX.

I would also be satisfied with Super Mario Galaxy World or something, though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

Japan at least is due for a Monster Hunter 5 in 2017. Given the numbers that thing pushes over there, I'll be amazed if we don't hear news about it sooner than later. That would be a major selling point for the NX.

I would also be satisfied with Super Mario Galaxy World or something, though.

We won't hear about MH5 until 2017 unless it is a release title

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
they'll show us NX Fit U

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

pokemon z-clipse for nx announced before sumo is even out!! :wth:

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
I kinda hope that NX is the actual name. Its short, not too stupid sounding, sounds like "next" so its pretty buzzwordy, and if the rumors are true about it being a hybrid home console/hand-held, then the name makes sense because its a cross (X) between major aspects of Nintendo (N).

Like an onion. Works on many letters.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Part of me is hoping the name will be Good part of me hopes it will be Hilariously Bad

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've never watched a console reveal video before. I am hype.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope they bring back wacky commercials for the NX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p7uJp25BlE

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kurtofan posted:

Part of me is hoping the name will be Good part of me hopes it will be Hilariously Bad

"Wii New"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I hope they call it the Nintendo Go Home.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wew

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/789077632910450688

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

new wii u xl

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I hope it is called the Nintendo Xtreme and has nothign but dynasty warriors games on it

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
All I want is backward compatibility with the (3)DS. That is *probably* too much to ask.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Tempura Wizard posted:

All I want is backward compatibility with the (3)DS. That is *probably* too much to ask.

It probably is, since it was announced that the NX will be a complete deviation from the past.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mega Nintendo

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The stock market is hilarious. A whole billion just because of an announcement of an announcement.

And what will be the outcome in two hours? Will it crash and fall and put a bunch of people on the streets? Will it make a lucky few rich(er)? The Streetpass mini-game isn't as funny as this that's for sure.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Platypus Farm posted:

I hope it is called the Nintendo Xtreme and has nothign but dynasty warriors games on it

:hf:

Pokemon Warriors is gonna be great.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe

Tempura Wizard posted:

The first iteration will probably have backwards-compatibility with either the 3DS and/or the WiiU. Gotta get in on the ground floor of this.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kurtofan posted:

they'll show us NX Fit U

I would be completely okay with this. I need an excuse to start doing fitness crap again

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
show us animal crossing that would be nice

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Saoshyant posted:

The stock market is hilarious. A whole billion just because of an announcement of an announcement.

And what will be the outcome in two hours? Will it crash and fall and put a bunch of people on the streets? Will it make a lucky few rich(er)? The Streetpass mini-game isn't as funny as this that's for sure.

Can't wait for the clickbait headlines about investors "realizing Nintendo's lies" like the Pokemon Go thing

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think they might show Mario, Tom from Eurogamer is saying they were going to announce in September but didn't because Mario didn't look quite perfect yet. But that might show up next week instead.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the nintendo nandaru, i dig it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All they have to do, to make a billion trillion hojillion dollars forever and ever

Pokemon on a console.

20th anniversary remake of Red/Blue/Green in 3D with the new rulesets.

A KAJILLION FAJILLION DOLLARS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a pokemon MMO with survival crafting zombies roguelike minecraft

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we'll probably see some of the mario game, since people have said the reason the announcement was delayed so long was to make the new nx mario run perfectly for demo or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Lookjng forward to the New Super Mario Bros. X reveal

• Locked thread