Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Did each gangrenous diabetic limb grow into a clone when it was hacked off?

Its the lady on the left using one of those sites that show you how you will age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They forgot to say please. Pueden ir a la mierda.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Rb9mIOivI

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Three Dog Night hasn't aged well at all.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The game is called "a reunion of friends". The idea is to see who reads a post when it does not include a photograph. If no one reads my wall, this should be a short experiment. But if indeed you are reading this message, please make a comment using a single word about how we met. Just a word please- for example, a place, the name of the person who introduced us, etc. The game is to do it with * ONE WORD *. Then, copy this message on your wall and I also leave you a word. Please, don't just leave a word and then not bother copying... you will spoil the fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Orgy

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The maker of that image then immediately proceeded to use that same image of a dreadlocked blonde woman to say something misogynistic and anti-"liberal"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Actually if you were to go as far back as possible, you could argue that "college" was invented in the Middle East due to the complexity of early writing systems like cuneiform meaning that only the elite had access to education. The Academy of Gondishapur was established in Iran in the 6th century. The Guinness-recognized oldest surviving university is the University of al-Qarawiyyin in Fez, Morocco from 859.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Plus her hair looks nasty.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah, that's not a good look if your opening argument is that it's OK for white people to wear their hair like that because that looks like garbage

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
"I have no idea what cultural appropriation is actually about or why it could be bad, but I am FURIOUS that someone is asking white people to stop doing something."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Glagha posted:

Yeah, that's not a good look if your opening argument is that it's OK for white people to wear their hair like that because that looks like garbage

:laffo: if you think that is his argument or even that this poo poo contains an argument.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Has anyone who actually understands cultural appropriation as a concept ever actually sad that, anyway?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Obviously if you're a white person with dreads you're just a hippie liberal. But the second someone says they don't like white people wearing dreads they treat it as a God-given right worth protecting.

CommonShore posted:

Has anyone who actually understands cultural appropriation as a concept ever actually sad that, anyway?

I remember a story earlier in the year of someone going up to this guy on college campus to tell him how he was stealing their culture. It was dumb, but not as dumb as the Imgur post.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Is white people with dreads even a thing anymore? I thought that was one of the things that had been mostly ridiculed away, like fedoras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcK0MYgnHjo

Tidy Flea
May 2, 2013

tyblazitar posted:

Is white people with dreads even a thing anymore? I thought that was one of the things that had been mostly ridiculed away, like fedoras.

My coworker does. She also dip-dyes them in Kool-Aid. It's...not the best look.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

tyblazitar posted:

I was just in Seattle, and a month before that at a Detroit street festival. They are very much a thing.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bonster posted:

Plus her hair looks nasty.
I was watching a youtube video on minimalism and there was one by a woman (or a man, maybe both, they appeared to be a couple) who had white-person dreads. It was as horrible and unsettling as you would expect. Part of the minimalism was limiting the items of clothing they wore, which meant they didn't wear underwear. There may have been some mild mental problems there which is what I expect when I see white people dreads.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Oh great another Penguin origin story

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

krissycokl posted:

How often does she have to clean mold out of her hair?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

krissycokl posted:

Starbucks barista, artist, or programmer?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

Starbucks barista, artist, or programmer?

Baristas are a synthesis of an artist and a programmer.

-The most loathesome upper manager at Starbucks

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Someone on my Facebook page posted something along the lines of "For once and for all, ADDICTION IS A DISEASE." This is one of the comment threads that followed. Please note that one of the participants was featured on 16 and Pregnant

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Won't people think of the poor straights?! :qq:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guilty Spork posted:

"I have no idea what cultural appropriation is actually about or why it could be bad, but I am FURIOUS that someone is asking white people to stop doing something."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7c7PSVubE

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

tyblazitar posted:

As long as white boys have a penchant for Bob Marley, white dreadlocks will never die!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Won't people think of the poor straights?! :qq:

I don't even understand what the hell this person is talking about, but I know it's stupid.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Dreddout posted:

I don't even understand what the hell this person is talking about, but I know it's stupid.
It's a comment on a cover of a Maroon 5 song by a female singer.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
A moment of silence please from those who suffer from opposite-sex attraction.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
IIRC, dreadlocks is something that appeared in several cultures independant of each other in the ancient world, and several European cultures also had dreadlocks by co-incidence. But yeah, in a modern context, white people with dreads doesn't work a lot of the time.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
the "other cultures do it too" thing is a weasel's defense when the actual proximate influence on the current fashion is black culture. White stoners wear dreds because of the association with rastafarianism (as an aesthetic rather than as a religion, too), not because they're into iron age European reenactment

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I knew a white guy at university that actually did pull off dreads really well. They were also crazy long so that probably helped.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

InediblePenguin posted:

the "other cultures do it too" thing is a weasel's defense when the actual proximate influence on the current fashion is black culture. White stoners wear dreds because of the association with rastafarianism (as an aesthetic rather than as a religion, too), not because they're into iron age European reenactment

Culture like gender, is fluid.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I'm really not sure what's going on here.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Snatch Duster posted:

Culture like gender, is fluid.

My gender is rock hard and my culture is the US constitution.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

this is fantastic

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

InediblePenguin posted:

Other than maybe the occasional individual, no white culture had dreads for thousands of years (if we even had them, there's little to no evidence of dreadlocks in Europe) until they were brought to light by modern black culture.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

DeusExMachinima posted:

That's someone about to die.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
White dreadlocks are stupid and gross because unlike black dreadlocks, to get white hair to do that the hair has to be tangled and gross. White hair isn't meant to be loc'd, those are just matted pigtails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Most dreads look like long dry turds anyway