Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

So begins the many many months of "This will be poo poo before I've even had a chance to get my hands on it"

We could all stand in a circle and start jerking each other off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010
Looks like someone put the fat Xbox controller in a Panini press

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Phimosissy posted:

Amiibo in the video too. I hope that thing has 4+ USB ports on the back. We need to know where the GCN controllers go for SM4.5SH

I believe you mean SMA5H

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I really can't believe its not the Nintendo Swiitch

At least the thing takes flashcarts. :filez:

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Utnayan posted:

From Software. Holy poo poo. Portable Dark Souls???

pleasepleaseplease:shepspends:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/A_Cute_Lynx/status/788934869770526721

This turned out to be real if you need a reference for size.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

I missed amiibo! Timestamp/screenshot?

The lady playing mario then looks out the window.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Cicadas! posted:

I'm upset by this because I really liked the placement of the sticks on the Wii U pro controller. You mash the button with the fat part of your thumb and move the sticks with the end, like god intended. Everyone else was doing it wrong up to that point and I'm sad Nintendo kowtowed on this point.

All they gotta do is make Pro controllers compatible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Infinitum posted:

So begins the many many months of "This will be poo poo before I've even had a chance to get my hands on it"

Equally as silly as "This will be good before I've even had a chance to get my hands on it" honestly.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The only real critique I have right now is that the assembled controller looks goofy as hell. I need to hold it in my hands before I make any real judgments.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think they needn't have bothered with some of the functions like extra-tiny controller multiplayer.

But what do I know

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i just realized there's a heart which means it might actually be a Mario 64 sequel since Mario 3D World doesnt have hit points

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

whaley posted:

cartridges are cheaper to produce than blu-rays. it's funny seeing people try to argue from a position of us living in 1995

blu rays are still cheaper, but cartridges are definitely better for a portable system

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Mario the Hedgehog 2006

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This flipped my switch into hype

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/A_Cute_Lynx/status/788934869770526721

This turned out to be real if you need a reference for size.

OH GOD WHERE IS USB

Seriously, though, I do want to use my Smash controllers with this thing. I wonder if there's an adaptor adaptor or something

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

gently caress, I knew I should have bought Nintendo stock sooner

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Can we just can all the "controller looks lovely" talk until someone actually gets their hands on this thing

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

jivjov posted:

What's wrong with cartridge based storage?

Hi, I'm a time traveler from 1996!

Seriously, if you're talking poo poo about solid state storage in TYOOL 2016, you're a god drat moron who deserves a 5400rpm drive in your main computer.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Equally as silly as "This will be good before I've even had a chance to get my hands on it" honestly.
i thought "This will be poo poo before I've even had a chance to get my hands on it" about Wii U and then I got owned by how good it was

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i like that their response to the terrible wii/wii u names was to pick the most on-the-nose name possible

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
It looks pretty big for a portable device to me, but then I guess people carry tablets around with them so maybe I'm just not used to the idea.

What I'm really concerned about is probably how none of the people in the video had it in a carrying case of any kind when they go meet their friends in the abandoned warehouse or under a bridge to play real basketball followed by video basketball (as you do).

Anyway I'm really happy for more games and hairstyles in Splatoon!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

eames posted:

I don't know, going toe-to-toe with phone SoCs seems like a terrible idea. I assume this is some sort of Nvidia Tegra/ARM affair. The stationary part will be outdated when it is released and the mobile part a year later... and then what? :shrug:
Maybe they'll backport Wii Sports?

yeah i know how is nintendo going to compete with all those great telephone games such as "Rub The Screen" and "Touch A Colors"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

the docked controller looks silly but i bet it will grip and feel exactly like the pro controller, just with the button-pad instead of d-pad

Yeah, I think it's likely more comfortable than it looks.

I might spring for that Xbox-clone controller anyway, though, if only to have an actual d-pad.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

How about user replaceable batteries for the main screen and each of the two little controllers? HA HA HA probably not, have fun when leaving it plugged into your TV most of the time means you get 50% run time off the battery inside six months.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

sinking belle posted:

lol I wonder how many months EA will spend supporting this thing

at least through the first holiday season. then all bets are off

HarveyxCosmonaut
Jan 27, 2009
I hope it comes with one of the non Joy-Con controllers. Those didn't look as uncomfortable. Also seems touchscreen is out.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
https://twitter.com/britishgaming/status/789110097431687169

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Ultimate Mango posted:

How about user replaceable batteries for the main screen and each of the two little controllers? HA HA HA probably not, have fun when leaving it plugged into your TV most of the time means you get 50% run time off the battery inside six months.

hello person from ten years ago. have you heard of batteries lately

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Utnayan posted:

Witcher 3
Skyrim
NBA 2k16

COuld it be the 3rd party support will put them back into the limelight?
Remember the Wii U, if those games are actually coming to it they will be the only ones

Looking forward to the Nyko battery pack that triples the battery life but doubles the thickness

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SettingSun posted:

The only real critique I have right now is that the assembled controller looks goofy as hell. I need to hold it in my hands before I make any real judgments.

That thing is literally the Player 2 Controller.

what I mean is

It's in the box so it comes with a controller, but everyone will buy a pro controller to use at home

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Probably not a touchscreen, right?
They didn't show it being one, and if the home/portable split is supposed to be identical, that would be extra functionality you wouldn't have in the docked space.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh man I wonder if you can buy cheapy cartridges that you can then download a bunch of games onto :allears:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Phimosissy posted:

That thing is literally the Player 2 Controller.

what I mean is

It's in the box so it comes with a controller, but everyone will buy a pro controller to use at home

yeah that's the controller you make your friends use

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Alan Is More Upset posted:

I mean, it takes cartridges???

Have you heard of this new technology called "SD cards"?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Looking forward to the Nyko battery pack that triples the battery life but doubles the thickness

If it comes in grip form I'll buy 2.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
games im confirming based off of people developing for the NX

Payday 2: The Big Score
#FE 2: Sing Harder
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair HD remake
the newest Blazblue and Guilty Gear
Dead Rising 1 & 2 NX edition??
Street Fighter 5
Dark souls 3..??? i mean they got fromsoft AND bandai namco on there
Every unity game ever
Beyond Good and Evil 2 because literally anything is possible at this point

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SuperMetalDave is going to be so pissed.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Lol if you think that Nintendo isn't going to support Wiimotes and Wii U Pro controllers on this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Mulva posted:

Have you heard of this new technology called "SD cards"?

are you trying to tell me my telephone doesn't have a tiny blu ray disc spinning in it nonstop

• Locked thread