Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There's nothing in the trailer backing up the idea that this thing will have a touch screen. Literally no one touched the screen except in passing to grab that drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Whats the ram though this is very important to me

it has the right kind

it...has the right kind friend

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

[March next year]
hey guys my nintendo doesn't work
have you tried switching it on and off again!!!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quiggy posted:

also fromsoft is on board which means we'll probably have portable dark souls so that owns

From isn't making souls games anymore and made lots of non-souls games before they made Dark Souls, fyi

So that doesn't mean that at all

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

not seeing it

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
If I was that woman playing Mario and my friends waved at me and were like come hang out I would close the blinds and play more Mario on my own.

Loved how there were no kids in the advert! Nintendo is for grown ups only now, as it should be.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where was the amiibo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I just want to play Shin Megami Tensei and Dragon Quest games on a tv.

That is my sole ambition as a game playing person

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Zelder posted:

it has the right kind

Good ram, big ram, strong ram.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rirse posted:

Yeah that probably why Konami is listed as well.

Metal Gear Survive for the Switch

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

El Burbo posted:

The Switch has the wrong ram

*shakes fists at nintendo while holding the hosed up tiny controllers*

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Looks like the Mario Kart 8 engine to me. That game's graphics are still underappreciated. Its one of the best looking games of this gen.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zaphod42 posted:

From isn't making souls games anymore and made lots of non-souls games before they made Dark Souls, fyi

So that doesn't mean that at all

lol if u think they're not gonna hop on the hd remaster train

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kelp Me! posted:

I know it was dumb to hear them talk about cartridges and expect old-school styled stuff, but the Switch games look more like SD cards/DS games than true cartridges. It doesn't really matter, just a bit disappointing :sigh:

What exactly is a "true cartridge"?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Zelder posted:

it has the right kind

Is now deeply conflicted

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

SettingSun posted:

There's nothing in the trailer backing up the idea that this thing will have a touch screen. Literally no one touched the screen except in passing to grab that drat thing.

That's a pretty big oversight on Nintendo's part, IMO, for forgetting to showcase such an important part of the system like the touchscreen.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Saoshyant posted:

EA is there :lol:

Konami is on this list. Did I miss the part where the back comes off and there's a pachislot machine built in?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pureauthor posted:

Touchscreen when portable, wiimote/sensor thingy when on the TV.

What the gently caress does that even mean?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jivjov posted:

something that looks like the gigantic chunky cartridges from their youth, because things that are different from when they were 9 are bad.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Looks like the Mario Kart 8 engine to me. That game's graphics are still underappreciated. Its one of the best looking games of this gen.

Real talk nintendo polishes the poo poo out of their games no matter what engine they're using. Thats one of the main reasons Wii Games published by nintendo looked great but everyone else's looks like horseshit.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Now I know where the next-generation Nvidia Shield went

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

that's just their start/select button, right?

it's not an actual tiny dpad

Yeah it's the plus button that all their other controllers have.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Zaphod42 posted:

I was going to say it looked very similar to Super Mario 3D World, but you're right. The shader work here bears a much bigger resemblance to Mario Kart 8.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

jivjov posted:

It the cartridge isn't bigger than the console's controller, it's not a True Cartridge obviously.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i think this looks pretty good

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
My concern is that if this replaces Nintendo's portable niche as well (which is a big if), the graphical requirements and thus development costs (and likely prices) are going to balloon. It makes the market less friendly to smaller developers. Right now the 3DS gets a lot of support partially because they don't have to spend nearly as much on high quality, high resolution assets.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im unironically excited. This is the console the wii u was supposed to be, and has a (marginally) better name.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Real talk nintendo polishes the poo poo out of their games no matter what engine they're using. Thats one of the main reasons Wii Games published by nintendo looked great but everyone else's looks like horseshit.

They do, but even other first party nintendo games on WiiU can't hold a candle to Mario Kart 8. Its kinda sad they did so great on that one and then couldn't keep up the same graphical standard on other WiiU games. But they did look polished at least.

The real time lighting in MK8 is just unreal.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I don't think the Switch eats into Nintendo's handheld marketshare

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zaphod42 posted:

New Super Mario 3D World has multi and it looks like pretty much the same game so I don't know why it wouldn't.

Its basically NSM3DW2

I have my doubts

-Camera is much lower and following Mario like in 64/Sunshine
-Has the triple jump from both of those games
-Has a HP Refresh icon like those games

I just hope it has multiple characters at the very least. I wanna play as my man Toad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theres a pastebin of specs going around that claims to be from nintendo's dev portal that proves what we already know which is that the Switch is underpowered

but it apparently supports 4k??? so there's that. i seriously doubt that Nintendo gives a gently caress about 4K though

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jsor posted:

My concern is that if this replaces Nintendo's portable niche as well (which is a big if), the graphical requirements and thus development costs (and likely prices) are going to balloon. It makes the market less friendly to smaller developers. Right now the 3DS gets a lot of support partially because they don't have to spend nearly as much on high quality, high resolution assets.

There's plenty of people making games for the Vita.

Khagan posted:

I don't think the Switch eats into Nintendo's handheld marketshare

lol yeah it does, this thing is replacing the 3DS too

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Jsor posted:

I'd guess the successor to the 3DS was going to be 720p anyway.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Kashuno posted:

this thread is about to get way worse than it has been

:yeah:

Thw two main things I wanna know is battery life and how well games run in portable mode.

Won't affect me since I'll be playing in home mode 99.99% of the time, but those factors will affect sales bigly.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Switch is a fine name in comparison to Wii U I Look Just Like Buddy Holly.
Remember how the Xbox One was called the Xbox One?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Zaphod42 posted:

They do, but even other first party nintendo games on WiiU can't hold a candle to Mario Kart 8. Its kinda sad they did so great on that one and then couldn't keep up the same graphical standard on other WiiU games. But they did look polished at least.

The real time lighting in MK8 is just unreal.

Isn't MK8 locked at 720p at 30fps?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Quest For Glory II posted:

theres a pastebin of specs going around that claims to be from nintendo's dev portal that proves what we already know which is that the Switch is underpowered

but it apparently supports 4k??? so there's that. i seriously doubt that Nintendo gives a gently caress about 4K though

underpowered compared to the current gen consoles? The playstation pro and project scorpio?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Super No Vacancy posted:

where was the amiibo

Hopefully in the garbage because holy crap I have to buy limited edition real objects to unlock content that is already in the game I already purchased?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm waiting for the Switch Pro. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Help I'm going full gamexplain

Urchin Underpass is getting a redesign in Splatoon+

• Locked thread