Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

probably some of my most fun has been playnig heavies in city maps but anywhere else and it's just miserable as mediums with more dpm and 3x your speed just appear out of nowhere behind you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Did some more sidescraping in the Type 4. The armor is literally broken.

Two of those shots are from a Skorpion G.
The first shot I ate unplanned, can't say for sure at which angle they came in, second two shots I specifically angled for guaran-loving-teed autobounce angles on the sides.

Nope.

/ninjaedit:
Those impacts don't really do the angle justice.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Glad I'm not the only one who can't sidescrape without people penning me at 80 degree angles, it made the KV-4 significantly shittier that it could have been.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
someone post the next code!

:f5:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got to knock on 8 houses this week, half were barracks. What am I going to do with 36 new beds? I have a lot of empty beds as it is.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

RandomPauI posted:

I got to knock on 8 houses this week, half were barracks. What am I going to do with 36 new beds? I have a lot of empty beds as it is.

I got luckier this time than last week: 225 gold and 1 day of premium time, and a few consumables. At this rate I'll get about 1000 gold and more barracks than I need. Then again I suppose it's nice to have a place to put spare odd crew configs for tanks. I probably have 6 or 7 russian crews with 2 skills or higher.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
I think console might've actually went full pay to win, at least for a short time

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/game-events/monster-mash-event/

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Code 2: SELFPROPELLEDGUN

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

primelaw posted:

I think console might've actually went full pay to win, at least for a short time

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/game-events/monster-mash-event/

Isn't it just a special mode or something that you buy that tanks for?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Halloween weekend, when that mode is active, those premiums will only be playable in that mode, with those special abilities, along with everyone else and their goofy mutations.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

McGavin posted:

I go in my car to pick up dinner 15 minutes and I miss it. Wow nice job wargaming, no chance for the top prize which is actually worth something.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i put effort into making something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-PcN-XEFk >>> tldr gif is for you(not really the gif was just my main intention and the video was made to make the gif because im a noob) http://imgur.com/9uwCjg1

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 20, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Lol flew from San Francisco to Detroit, the code is posted and done by the time I land. Nice work WGA now I won't be tricked into watching your shitshow.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

The Merry Marauder posted:

Halloween weekend, when that mode is active, those premiums will only be playable in that mode, with those special abilities, along with everyone else and their goofy mutations.

Yeah I missed this part.

As a reminder, all "Monster" tanks will have their matchmaking limited to the "Monster Mash" event (Oct 28-31). Once the event ends, their normal matchmaking will resume.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did some more sidescraping in the Type 4. The armor is literally broken.

Two of those shots are from a Skorpion G.
The first shot I ate unplanned, can't say for sure at which angle they came in, second two shots I specifically angled for guaran-loving-teed autobounce angles on the sides.

Nope.

/ninjaedit:
Those impacts don't really do the angle justice.

Yep, it's a nightmare. I'm really not enjoying the type 4.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

gently caress is a skorpion g?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DonkeyHotay posted:

gently caress is a skorpion g?

Premium RBWT with the 12.8 that trades raw DPM for increased soft stats and ludicrous mobility (for a TD).

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And garbage camo, and being a panther chassis with a big gunshield. Ludicrous mobility also means that it can go fast in a straight line.

It's really just a normal MM Tier 8 TD with a garish paintjob.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Infected posted:

And garbage camo, and being a panther chassis with a big gunshield. Ludicrous mobility also means that it can go fast in a straight line.

It's really just a normal MM Tier 8 TD with a garish paintjob.

Great gun on a fast chassis, it does the role of the jpII but better since it has a turret which allows it peak and boom much better than other T8 TDs. I would argue that it is better than most T8 TDs since it has that turret too.

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
How is the Leopard PT A, I have had it unlocked for a while, but I can get it on "sale" now with the on-track. Not sure I have read much positive about it...

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

localloop posted:

How is the Leopard PT A, I have had it unlocked for a while, but I can get it on "sale" now with the on-track. Not sure I have read much positive about it...

It is decently fun, very agile and good gun characteristics but it's total lack of armor and fragile ammorack makes it hard for scrubs like myself to carry in. I miss mine personally.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Code is being redeemed, but Reddit hasn't posted it yet...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Code is being redeemed, but Reddit hasn't posted it yet...

lol wargaming

e: it's T28PROTOTYPE

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Code: http://tankrewards.com/styles/images/events/wgl/C-GZDNY391TTE70J3B.jpg

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 20, 2016

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Chillyrabbit posted:

I go in my car to pick up dinner 15 minutes and I miss it. Wow nice job wargaming, no chance for the top prize which is actually worth something.

Something similar happened to me too. Grrr...

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Christ, I was watching the Reddit with a refresh every 5 minutes or so, did everyone down vote it so it didn't even get to the top of the page?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp rip semi-annual tank goon tradition. Nice work WGA, you idiots couldn't beat a loving Magic the Gathering stream last time, now you're not even trying to bribe us into watching.

gently caress it, can't get top prize anyway gonna vote for O7, don't let me down Camador.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They ran out of codes in under 3 hours? Why not just have unlimited codes for the first and last ones and limit the other codes to only working for one day?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

A premium tank has gone on sale in the premium shop on the NA server. They have a little review with the good, the bad, and the ugly of this tank. Guess which tank this is?

quote:

Don't even try shooting heavy armor from the front; instead aim for the tracks and leave your enemies immobile and vulnerable!

The answer: The TOG II*, a tank that sees tier 7s at the most and has 171 AP pen, 239 APCR pen. Yeah, the TOG's problem isn't being unable to pen what it sees.

RandomPauI posted:

They ran out of codes in under 3 hours? Why not just have unlimited codes for the first and last ones and limit the other codes to only working for one day?

They ran out in like an hour - the code was posted on Reddit about when McGavin first posted that it was being used. The topic "Code" on Reddit was 2 minutes old when I edited in the code to my post at 2:09, and was 7% used, and it was fully used at the top of the hour when I felt like using it on an alt account.

This is hilariously incompetent, even for Wargaming of North America. They're doing everything to can to not promote their lovely esport.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 20, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i love tracking people and outmaneuvering them! in my TOGII*!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Do I have to do something to redeem the rewards from those codes, or do I get all the poo poo at the end when the event is over?

There's a green "my prize" thingie, but it's not clickable.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's redeemed later.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
anyone interested in a clip of me yoloing a batchat ap down the lighthouse of cliff? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfhomReSUTQ

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Is there any reason to buy a TOGII?

The IS-6 deal seems a little miserly. It's really just 1000 free gold. Is a better deal likely in the nearish future?

Also gently caress Wargaming and their 'Scavenger hunt'. In Australia it would mean I'd have to be up at 4 in the morning and ~still~ get lucky. Why do I play this lovely game? Help me please, someone.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cartoon posted:

Is there any reason to buy a TOGII?

The IS-6 deal seems a little miserly. It's really just 1000 free gold. Is a better deal likely in the nearish future?

1. Not really. They were fun when they first came out and had a gimmick - now they're just credit/xp pinatas for the other team, especially the arty. They almost function as a 'spoiler' tank, because you don't have the ability to flex at all, and your length and height makes it hard to side scrape or cover your frontal weakspots.

2. They might have a decent special for Veteran's/Armistice Day - other than that, they always have a big event for Christmas where T8 premiums are usually discounted 15%.

And ideally, you play this game because it's fun to log in and play a few games before you can get upset. The problem is...grinding. That's why AW's new 'Global Operations' mode has people semi-interested, because the whole point of it is 'log in, shoot tanks, respawn until your side runs out of tickets.' WoT doesn't have that.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Had to tell the bitch E 25 hiding in the corner (he was mad at the Cromwell) to move it for five minutes and convince him we could win, which we did... and I finally got an Ace in the M44:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3037981#westfield-falafal-m44

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So, Hellsau, remember when you said the LeFH is the only arty you got a Radley Walter's on...?

http://wotreplays.com/site/3037988?secret=a0bc01affbe3526160d6fda0aa903110

Yeah...it was insane how I could snapshot, self-spot, and generally terrorize the enemy team.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Turmoilx posted:

anyone interested in a clip of me yoloing a batchat ap down the lighthouse of cliff?

worth it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

So, Hellsau, remember when you said the LeFH is the only arty you got a Radley Walter's on...?

http://wotreplays.com/site/3037988?secret=a0bc01affbe3526160d6fda0aa903110

Yeah...it was insane how I could snapshot, self-spot, and generally terrorize the enemy team.

I don't remember saying that but thanks for reminding me of better times. The leFH is probably the best arti to carry in, since if poo poo goes wrong 390m view range and binocs can help change things around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

thats what i thought also