Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
It's called the switch because its going to be switched off most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

So, your rear end then

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd like my 3DS to charge within 24 days so USB? no thanks!!!!!! I also like my house not burning down so the budget mains ones aren't cool either.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Death Priest posted:

Haha, what a funny joke!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd like my 3DS to charge within 24 days so USB? no thanks!!!!!! I also like my house not burning down so the budget mains ones aren't cool either.

It doesn't matter, the 3DS is almost done. You can let the pain go.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Are those specs from the Eurogamer journalist who leaked all the NX stuff?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Death Priest posted:

Maybe it's called the switch because i'm gonna beat your rear end, huh???

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Celery Jello posted:

A random screenshot of a .txt file isn't exactly reliable information.

Not that what's there isn't outside the realm of possibility, I just have trouble taking that at face value, sorry.

Shrug. It is what it is.

I am looking forward to the system launch.

(Those are the specs.)

I feel bad for the Dog still in that trailer. Dog just up and left him after he thought he was going for a walk, and his stupid owner was still nose deep on a park bench in Zelda.

Someone call PITA.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

TheKingofSprings posted:

So when's Nintendo going to court the Overwatch port with some of their characters as playable heroes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an4KjBR_Z_g

1:56 and 3:04.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're about to release two major Pokemon games for 3DS. It isn't going anywhere.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Death Priest posted:

Well, figure 8 hours of work and 8 hours of sleep a day...yeah, it will be.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

So when's Nintendo going to court the Overwatch port with some of their characters as playable heroes?

Just costumes but it's gonna be sick

Roadhog: Wario
Junkrat: Waluigi
Hanzo: Link
Mercy: Peach
Winston: Donkey Kong
Zarya: Samus
Symmetra: Rosalina
Soldier 76: C. Falcon
Torbjorn: Mario
Tracer: Luigi
Pharah: Starfox
Reinhardt: Bowser
Reaper: Ganondorf
Mei: ice climbers

Sign me up Nintendo-Senpai

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Death Priest posted:

It's called the switch because I'm going to beat your stupid rear end with it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.radioshack.com/products/gigaware-universal-portable-gaming-ac-charger?variant=20332346565

I've been using one of these for ages. Never had an issue with a PSP, DS, DS Lite, or GBASP. Is the DSi charger the same as the 3DS one?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

jivjov posted:

Well, figure 8 hours of work and 8 hours of sleep a day...yeah, it will be.

Just realized this is the first console where people implying underuse because "it's collecting dust" actually makes sense.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Actually yeah, I should go burn down my house. Thanks!

Kelp Me! posted:

https://www.radioshack.com/products/gigaware-universal-portable-gaming-ac-charger?variant=20332346565

I've been using one of these for ages. Never had an issue with a PSP, DS, DS Lite, or GBASP. Is the DSi charger the same as the 3DS one?

Yeah, they changed the charger for the DSi onwards.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're about to release two major Pokemon games for 3DS. It isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, and a couple Wii U ports and then that's it. There aren't gonna be any big 3DS releases in 2018, I'd be surprised if there were even any big 3DS games coming out in the 2017 holiday season

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I get DLC and paid content, but with an Amiibo, there's a very real chance you won't be able to get them. So there's stuff in the game that is impossible to access. It's madness.

How is there not a class action lawsuit against Nintendo/Disney/Activision for this.

I think you don't care, but software is a service license, not a product. You are paying for the license to operate, typically, one copy of the game that you paid for. It doesn't matter if the DLC is already there on the disc or whatever. You didn't buy the disc. You bought the software license, and the disc is a means of getting the software to you.

It's copyright- you don't own the data, it just happens to be in your possession. DLC and amiibo-locked content is the same way. Buying the game didn't give you an implicit right to that content, so if it becomes unavailable before you got around to buying it, there's not any actual loss. It would be like suing Nabisco for taking pumpkin spice oreos off the shelf before you got to try one- you had the opportunity to buy something during the window of availability, and you didn't.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Phone posted:

Isn't MK8 locked at 720p at 30fps?

720p60. And you gotta give up something to get that kinda performance out of WiiU hardware.

If MK8 was on Xbone or PS4 it would be insane.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm not sure about this thing. It's sort of the Wii U again but you can take the screen other places with you now.

Are those Tegra chips any good?

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

itt people defending not including a charging cable ITYOOL 2016

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did they mention anything about gyro or motion controls? Don't games like the new Zelda and Splatoon rely on those pretty heavily?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bone app the teeth posted:

itt people defending not including a charging cable ITYOOL 2016

ITYOOL

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tender Bender posted:

Can't wait for the Monster Hunter announcement. This system is pretty much perfect for it. Monhun on the go, Monhun with your friends, get home and Monhun on a giant TV. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Yeah Monster Hunter Switch, sign me up. Its like the console was made for it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

Are those Tegra chips any good?

If it's custom built as they're saying, impossible to say. I know that one or two Tegra chips historically have been bad but that doesn't mean much either.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OldSenileGuy posted:

Did they mention anything about gyro or motion controls? Don't games like the new Zelda and Splatoon rely on those pretty heavily?

We don't know anything about the new Splatoon except what was shown in the video

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

ANIMAL CROSSING PLEASE

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I did notice that the NX has local wireless multiplayer between multiple portable devices, which is nice.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

EAB posted:

Lol, well what I think we're seeing here is nintendos last console. They are probably going to charge 400+ for waggle tablet part deux. Honestly what is wrong with these retards at nintendo. Are they so convinced they can scam the consumerbase with overpriced gimmicky horse poo poo like the Wii again?

They make great software... just stop making retarded consoles nintendo. Just make games for other consoles, pc, and mobile phones. That's all you gotta do.
lmao

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

deadly_pudding posted:

I think you don't care, but software is a service license, not a product. You are paying for the license to operate, typically, one copy of the game that you paid for. It doesn't matter if the DLC is already there on the disc or whatever. You didn't buy the disc. You bought the software license, and the disc is a means of getting the software to you.

It's copyright- you don't own the data, it just happens to be in your possession. DLC and amiibo-locked content is the same way. Buying the game didn't give you an implicit right to that content, so if it becomes unavailable before you got around to buying it, there's not any actual loss. It would be like suing Nabisco for taking pumpkin spice oreos off the shelf before you got to try one- you had the opportunity to buy something during the window of availability, and you didn't.

:yeah:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Zaphod42 posted:

New Super Mario 3D World has multi and it looks like pretty much the same game so I don't know why it wouldn't.

Its basically NSM3DW2

Naw, I think it's way different. Super Mario 3D World has more of a fixed perspective, while games like Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy have a camera that follows behind the player.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Monster Hunter and Pokemon are going to be amazing on this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

why would this be a dealbreaker for anyone who isn't living on a loving mcdonalds wage. you're already wasting expendable cash on videogames, you've probably spent thousands on worse games/consoles already

Sadly some goons are living on mcdonalds wage. (not me though)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

those are its last games tho

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

iirc the emily rogers leak that was right about pretty much everything mentioned motion controllers

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Just costumes but it's gonna be sick

Roadhog: Wario
Junkrat: Waluigi
Hanzo: Link
Mercy: Peach
Winston: Donkey Kong
Zarya: Samus
Symmetra: Rosalina
Soldier 76: C. Falcon
Torbjorn: Mario
Tracer: Luigi
Pharah: Starfox
Reinhardt: Bowser
Reaper: Ganondorf
Mei: ice climbers

Sign me up Nintendo-Senpai

No joke that'd get me to buy it when I get a switch two years from now to bail out my friend when they buy 2 on eBay by accident

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

thanks so much for this its really horrendously embarrassing when consumers fail to prostrate themselves before the legal fictions of their corporate gods

eat poo poo jivjov i've missed your bad thoughts with the wii u thread having closed

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I don't really understand the use case for this. It looks really awkward and I don't the demographic they're targeting will give a poo poo about it.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Naw, I think it's way different. Super Mario 3D World has more of a fixed perspective, while games like Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy have a camera that follows behind the player.

http://i.imgur.com/Lwyvtrt.mp4

This definitely looks more like a SM64 or Sunshine style Mario.

As noted before, there's a heart like from SM64 in the background there indicating a probable health bar. I'd also like to point out the invisible mountains you can see shimmering. After Galaxy, the only place Mario can go is inter-dimensional, pulling mountains in from the Super Mario Dark World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Chas McGill posted:

I don't really understand the use case for this. It looks really awkward and I don't the demographic they're targeting will give a poo poo about it.

'video gamers who want to play video games'

• Locked thread