Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Oh shut up already. These are the specs. There will be a large launch line up. Go place your preorder (On November 22nd) and give me your cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I'm just waiting on solid confirmation that this is a totally unified platform and replacing the 3ds all together.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm wondering if it can do second screen stuff at all with the big barrier in front of the screen on the dock,
That would be a big loss of Splatoon and Pikmin, in my opinion.

If there's no real performance improvement on Zelda, and if you don't care to make it portable, the WiiU version with dual screens might be the one you want.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Play a game on the TV, then when you have to poop, switch, then take it to the bathroom without stopping.

Nintendo Switch: Don't gotta pause for poo poo.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

r u ready to WALK posted:

Please let this be the final nail in the coffin that causes Nintendo to withdraw from making gaming hardware completely and refocus on bringing their classic gaming franchises to PC/XB1/PS4

ITT a consumer argues that a movement in an industry towards an increased monopoly would be a good thing

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tender Bender posted:

Just costumes but it's gonna be sick

Roadhog: Wario
Junkrat: Waluigi
Hanzo: Link
Mercy: Peach
Winston: Donkey Kong
Zarya: Samus
Symmetra: Rosalina
Soldier 76: C. Falcon
Torbjorn: Mario
Tracer: Luigi
Pharah: Starfox
Reinhardt: Bowser
Reaper: Ganondorf
Mei: ice climbers

Sign me up Nintendo-Senpai

Genji - Sheik

Come on, man.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Please let this be the final nail in the coffin that causes Nintendo to withdraw from making gaming hardware completely and refocus on bringing their classic gaming franchises to PC/XB1/PS4

i was with you until xbox one and playstation 4 as i personally don't like those consoles so the people who do like them shouldn't have nice things

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to be pissed if From Software actually makes a good game for this thing and convinces me to buy another garbage console from Nintendo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Utnayan posted:

Oh shut up already. These are the specs. There will be a large launch line up. Go place your preorder (On November 22nd) and give me your cash.

Nothing has been officially specified as far as battery size/life or NFC, and motion controls are still a rumor, so I'm gonna have to go ahead and stick with my original response of

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SylvainMustach posted:

I'm just waiting on solid confirmation that this is a totally unified platform and replacing the 3ds all together.

This is a totally unified platform and replacing the 3ds all together.

I hereby attest to the above statement:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I just got it. The girl gamer button. That's why it's called the Switch. This is going to be so much fun.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Has there been any word on a screen protector like what Apple sells for the iPad? I can't imagine that screen lasting very long without either a clamshell design, or some kind of lid you can add to keep it from getting scratched.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

If Nintendo stops making consoles I want them to take all their game series to the grave with them, just purely out of spite

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

If Nintendo stops making consoles I want them to take all their game series to the grave with them, just purely out of spite

I want to see what Team Ninja can do with the Mario franchise, OK?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SylvainMustach posted:

That is never going to happen. That is a crazy thing to wait for. Nintendo specifically said the DS wan't replacing the GBA. They aren't going to say "the 3DS is dead, everybody stop buying 3DSes"

Why would you wait for that?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Super No Vacancy posted:

This is a totally unified platform and replacing the 3ds all together.

I hereby attest to the above statement:

how come miyamotos signature is crucified breasts

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Cartoon Man posted:

It looks gimmicky at first glance, but I'll withhold judgment until I can get my hands on it and see what it looks like in the wild.

Technically this is Nintendo's least gimmicky handheld since the GBA

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm wondering if it can do second screen stuff at all with the big barrier in front of the screen on the dock,
That would be a big loss of Splatoon and Pikmin, in my opinion.

If there's no real performance improvement on Zelda, and if you don't care to make it portable, the WiiU version with dual screens might be the one you want.

Yeah, how the gently caress are you supposed to play Pikmin without a second screen?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Mario lady in the trailer had Amiibos.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, how the gently caress are you supposed to play Pikmin without a second screen?

You could play either without a separate map, but after P3, I'd rather not. That was great.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Reinanigans posted:

Has there been any word on a screen protector like what Apple sells for the iPad? I can't imagine that screen lasting very long without either a clamshell design, or some kind of lid you can add to keep it from getting scratched.

I don't think there's any reason to assume Hori won't make a high quality and easy-to-apply screen protector for this system, just like they have with everything else.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Where is the price announcement gat damit.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Red Minjo posted:

What, like Super Paper Mario?

Yeah sort of, but not made out of paper.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reinanigans posted:

Of course there will be screen protectors

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is never going to happen. That is a crazy thing to wait for. Nintendo specifically said the DS wan't replacing the GBA. They aren't going to say "the 3DS is dead, everybody stop buying 3DSes"

Didn't you hear, the 3DS is a dead system, it only has 15+ games scheduled to be released in the next 6 months!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Reinanigans posted:

They'll probably sell you something like this

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm sorry for whatever events in your life make you feel that way

I actually hope they do stick with mobile development, this console will be good I think but I would like to see Fire Emblem on a phone more than this system for reasons I can't quite explain.

E: Oh wait the reason is touchscreens

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i was with you until xbox one and playstation 4 as i personally don't like those consoles so the people who do like them shouldn't have nice things

if either of those consoles got the wii u backlog then they'd quadruple their count of good exclusives but people pretend the wii u was a waste anyway so yeah gently caress'em

400 dollar bloodborne and fighting game machine yay

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Guy Goodbody posted:

I mean, the only kind of sure way to know the 3DS is done, bar no more games coming out (which may be quite a while if you consider shovelware coming out for years on the PS1 after the PS2), is for traditionally handheld franchises (Pokémon, Fire Emblem more recently) coming out for the Switch instead.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I liked the idea but the battery time will important. 3 hours seems too low.

It seems to be a good complement if your main platform is the PC.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Kelp Me! posted:

Nothing has been officially specified as far as battery size/life or NFC, and motion controls are still a rumor, so I'm gonna have to go ahead and stick with my original response of

I am just telling you what I know.

One major thing yet to still be worked out (Which will most likely be a future and not in at launch)

* Wii U/3DS Digital Storefront backwards compatibility. Meaning, if you own a game (Physical copy or digital) tying the CP Scheme of both platforms to the User Nintendo ID and universally home running that back to the new store front for the Switch enabling licensing rights to redownload on the new platform for free. This would enable those who have purchased Wii U/3DS games (Physically or digitally) to download them on their switch and play. It's coming, but there is difficulty in the deployment. The digital part is easy. The hard part is tying in those who have physical games because this obviously doesn't come with an optical drive. The only bypass may be to route the install from the Wii U to the Switch through a transfer cable and a software transfer app in the OS.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

I liked the idea but the battery time will important. 3 hours seems too low.

It seems to be a good complement if your main platform is the PC.

Isn't that not far off from the 3ds on max 3D?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

or they could grant exclusive licensing rights to Philips

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

hatty posted:

They'll probably sell you something like this

This with a built in battery for on the go charging.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kelp Me! posted:

Didn't you hear, the 3DS is a dead system, it only has 15+ games scheduled to be released in the next 6 months!

The 3DS isn't a dead system, who would say that? It's in the last days of it's lifespan, clearly, but it's not currently dead.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pomp posted:

if either of those consoles got the wii u backlog then they'd quadruple their count of good exclusives but people pretend the wii u was a waste anyway so yeah gently caress'em

400 dollar bloodborne and fighting game machine yay

That's pretty much how I feel about the PS4. I can get most of the games I want on PC, barring Nintendo exclusives. A PS4 at this point would be me paying $460 to play Persona 5.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Utnayan posted:

I am just telling you what I know.

One major thing yet to still be worked out (Which will most likely be a future and not in at launch)

* Wii U/3DS Digital Storefront backwards compatibility. Meaning, if you own a game (Physical copy or digital) tying the CP Scheme of both platforms to the User Nintendo ID and universally home running that back to the new store front for the Switch. This would enable those who have purchased Wii U/3DS games to download therm on their switch and play. It's coming, but there is difficulty in the deployment.

How is it that you're suddenly an insider when your post history has you being shocked by the announcements/speculating earlier in the thread?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Reinanigans posted:

I mean, the only kind of sure way to know the 3DS is done, bar no more games coming out (which may be quite a while if you consider shovelware coming out for years on the PS1 after the PS2), is for traditionally handheld franchises (Pokémon, Fire Emblem more recently) coming out for the Switch instead.

Pokemon won't move over in the mainline games for a few years at least. Gen 5 released right as the 3DS first came out and it still lasted around 3 years.

That said, Game Freak confirmed they are developing for the Switch. But they make side games for the consoles as well, so that doesn't mean too much.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Being P2 with the sideways snapoff controllers seems like the worst.
The stick is practically in the center of the thing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

That's pretty much how I feel about the PS4. I can get most of the games I want on PC, barring Nintendo exclusives. A PS4 at this point would be me paying $460 to play Persona 5.

a bargain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

There's the couch multiplayer argument but hey games have been moving away from that for some incomprehensible reason

• Locked thread