Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I agree, the healing from Lumi and Daka is important when you're a lowbie still clearing and trying to 3* levels. It's also important for lowbie GW. Once you run Lando, Biggs, Wedge, QGJ, and *** (I use Palp, any DPS is good) you will faceroll GW and not need a healer.

Field Mousepad posted:

Why is qgj so good? Is it the +50% assist damage? Cause other than that he seems pretty meh.

His assist can call another high damage attacker, his omega basic can reduce TM (also good when someone calls him to assist), and perhaps most importantly his 3rd ability removes buffs from target enemy (this includes taunts) while also giving your entire team offense up. One of the best newbie characters, good for Rancor, and still solid for arena (though not top top tier anymore).

e: His assisted teammate will also be healed with the omega version. If he doesn't seem good at the momoment that means you need to up his gear and star level. He will get tankier and start dishing out the damage, just watch.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

However, if you start having a harder time with GW and Arena, you can think about adding another star to Lumi (I'm assuming you already have put some into her?). Also, 5* is less than half of the way to 7* (145/330), so getting a few heroes to 5* is not terrible (except for the first one -- so I get if you want to get her there first...).

If you've been farming Lando since level 28 or w/e, you should get him to 7* at close to the same time that you would get Lumi there. I think you average about 1.3 levels per day during that time period (complete guess -- I know that at level 40 it's right around one level per day) so that's about a 9 day head start in farming Lando (so ~90 - 135 shards).

I just unlocked Lumi last night and bought another 5x shards this morning before seeing this post so she's not incredibly far along. I'm currently in a smaller guild that does T5 raiding so I have incentive to rush someone to T5. I plan to swap over guilds once I can get a T7 if there's space somewhere.

Lando shards have been incredibly elusive to me. I started right when I hit 28 and I've spent 100-200 crystals a day and have done nothing but him and I'm only at 61 shards so it's pretty safe to say Wedge is a long ways off. Plus you have to be 69 to even have access to Wedge so we need to factor that in.

I'm 90 shards away (6 days) from making Lumi 5 stars, I could potentially shave that down with LS/DS missions but it seems the consensus is to not do that. In terms of clearing content in the short term, I'm not incredibly worried due to lvl 75++ ally help. GW itself has been really easy so far, I've only had to retreat once out of 3 full clears but obviously that is subject to change as time goes on.

If I bother pushing Lumi to 5, it's a tough sell not to just push her to 7 since I'd be half way there. I feel like I need to sever immediately if I'm switching to someone else as my first 7. Due to Wedge being so far away, I'm inclined to think Phasma would be the correct choice if Biggs is lackluster without Wedge. Should I just stick with my guns and finish Lumi?

I also need to figure out my arena team with what I have. My pool is essentially STH, Lando, QGJ, RG, Lumi, JC, and Asajj. +Phasma or Biggs if I switch GW strides. I understand the value of Rey, but that's a ways off til I can start raiding.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

I just unlocked Lumi last night and bought another 5x shards this morning before seeing this post so she's not incredibly far along. I'm currently in a smaller guild that does T5 raiding so I have incentive to rush someone to T5. I plan to swap over guilds once I can get a T7 if there's space somewhere.

Lando shards have been incredibly elusive to me. I started right when I hit 28 and I've spent 100-200 crystals a day and have done nothing but him and I'm only at 61 shards so it's pretty safe to say Wedge is a long ways off. Plus you have to be 69 to even have access to Wedge so we need to factor that in.

I'm 90 shards away (6 days) from making Lumi 5 stars, I could potentially shave that down with LS/DS missions but it seems the consensus is to not do that. In terms of clearing content in the short term, I'm not incredibly worried due to lvl 75++ ally help. GW itself has been really easy so far, I've only had to retreat once out of 3 full clears but obviously that is subject to change as time goes on.

If I bother pushing Lumi to 5, it's a tough sell not to just push her to 7 since I'd be half way there. I feel like I need to sever immediately if I'm switching to someone else as my first 7. Due to Wedge being so far away, I'm inclined to think Phasma would be the correct choice if Biggs is lackluster without Wedge. Should I just stick with my guns and finish Lumi?

I also need to figure out my arena team with what I have. My pool is essentially STH, Lando, QGJ, RG, Lumi, JC, and Asajj. +Phasma or Biggs if I switch GW strides. I understand the value of Rey, but that's a ways off til I can start raiding.

Yeah, probably just go all the way with her. She will help carry you through GW for a long time. I also forgot that you have to wait awhile to get Wedge...that's more than enough time to max Lando and work on someone else (just post in here how far you've cleared in Cantina at that point and we'll tell you who you should farm).

Also, last night I went through and made some adjustments to the game guide. Nothing major, mostly who to farm type stuff.

e: With no announcements made by now, raid will probably not be released this week. Probably next Tuesday through Thursday?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 20, 2016

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Dr. Venture posted:

His assist can call another high damage attacker, his omega basic can reduce TM (also good when someone calls him to assist), and perhaps most importantly his 3rd ability removes buffs from target enemy (this includes taunts) while also giving your entire team offense up. One of the best newbie characters, good for Rancor, and still solid for arena (though not top top tier anymore).

e: His assisted teammate will also be healed with the omega version. If he doesn't seem good at the momoment that means you need to up his gear and star level. He will get tankier and start dishing out the damage, just watch.

Ah ok thanks for that. I'm still in the early 70s so I haven't really seen any of the character's high level abilities yet.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
It looks like the folks looking for guild invites is pretty backlogged, but adding my name to the list anyway. I put myself on the spreadsheet per the instructions in the OP.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

It looks like the folks looking for guild invites is pretty backlogged, but adding my name to the list anyway. I put myself on the spreadsheet per the instructions in the OP.

Malgrin posted:

Play with other goons!
There are currently three guilds: Ima GoonDi, Qui GoonJinn, and Goongan Grand Army. Post in the thread to ask if any of these have space.
To get in a guild, follow this link to add yourself to the spreadsheet, then post incessantly until someone adds you to a guild. Also, you have to leave your current guild (if you're in one) before we can add you.
The spreadsheet is horribly out of date. If you are in one of the guilds, you should consider updating it.

I updated this.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
For the record, please let me know if you are adding me as a friend with the intention of joining the guild. I get a bunch of rando friend requests all the dang time and I reject them unless it's something I'm looking for.

Better yet, just put SA in your name and I will add you and invite you for sure.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Sources say new raid goes live tomorrow. If you have enough to start a raid tonight, DO IT.

e: Additionally, I've been messing around with a few arena team comps, and trying to figure out exactly which is the best F2P team comp. Right now, I'm running:

Lando (L), Wedge (slow), Biggs (245), STH (slow), Poe (230 speed).
I put the speeds in there because that is actually important, except for Lando. At the top end of arena, I run into Rex teams, and anyone going before your tank is bad in that situation, because you'll crit, and then their whole team will go first. So, that's the first order of business, make sure your team goes after your tank. I hold onto STH's taunt until Poe's taunt gets removed. This gives me some nice TM gain to push through the rest of the match. Unfortunately, because I'm running Lando L, Biggs actually goes before Poe.

Another option then is:
Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, STH, Poe.
Same speeds and everything. Biggs now goes at the same speed as Poe. However, when he attacks, whichever two rebels attack with him will also be gaining TM. Another advantage with this build, Lando now gains up to 50% TM off his AOE, which is a lot more than +15 speed. 30% Offense is also better than 29% Crit damage.

The final option I'm looking at, since I very nearly have G10 JKA, is:
JKA (L), Palp, Lando, STH, RG.
With this team comp, I'm counting on the fact that you've got 3 must-kill targets, with two tanks. If you go for JKA, Lando and Palp do a lot of damage. If you ignore JKA, he murders you.

e2: Now that B2 is F2P, it probably belongs in that last comp over RG...but I still need to farm shards

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 20, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
In case people are concerned, IGD will have enough for a tier 7 raid tonight.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
QGJ will be able to afford something.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/72723/game-update-10-20-2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Big update for Yoda. Leading with Battle Meditation makes him much better on defense.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Big update for Yoda. Leading with Battle Meditation makes him much better on defense.

Anakin lead Yoda is sounding yummy. You could also run QGJ lead, but his leader only affects Jedi, where Anakin gives half to others (and full to clones). You could round this out with STH/Poe and then RG/B2.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So, Ahsoka Tano good now? It's nice she got a buff, but is that really enough to make her viable? It didn't seem like much.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Looks like it would be good if it were +crit chance or something like that. Crit avoidance is lame but that's part of her gimmick I guess.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Dr. Venture posted:

So, Ahsoka Tano good now? It's nice she got a buff, but is that really enough to make her viable? It didn't seem like much.

My impression is that her last round of buffs allowed her to put out pretty decent damage, but in terms of utility she still doesn't hold a candle to JKA or QGJ. You won't be replacing anyone in your arena team with her, though I can see her being useful in an all-Jedi GW B or C team, and if I had to guess I'd say her healing will also be useful for all-Jedi teams in the new raid.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I started playing this yesterday and I dunno if it's a very good game, but it's very pretty.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Cronodoculous posted:

I started playing this yesterday and I dunno if it's a very good game, but it's very pretty.

It's really really grindy. Being a star wars fanboy helps.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
2 more spots in IGD, again, you should have at least one 7* hero if you want in. Hugh, need you to boot Catte butte for the 2nd spot, he is an officer and hasn't logged in for 2 weeks

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Any planning for the new raid or we just smash it as much as we want?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

trapt posted:

Any planning for the new raid or we just smash it as much as we want?

I dunno, probably not a good plan to kick off a T7 first, though we will want to kick off both raids before the daily timer tonight. What do folks think about a T6 AAT? I suppose we could wait a couple hours to see if the whales are able to sweep through T7 super quick.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Hmm, I would say we should maybe do the same as for rancor - give everyone 12 hours to get on the leaderboard.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
It's not clear to me if the top tier of the new raid is gated behind a success in the lower tier, like with the rancor. I'd say we should start the highest tier we can, and maybe limit everyone to one attack per phase so we can mitigate problems if people end up blowing their load in the earlier phases.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
There are only 2 tiers, lvl 80 gear 9 and lvl 85 gear 10. No idea if the level 80 version counts as heroic or not.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
New raid is live. There are some videos on Reddit, it looks like it is tougher than the rancor, so my vote is to start out with a T6, even though that doesn't give us general kenobi shards, and he looks like a total beast.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, he is the ultimate Jedi indeed but...it took me over 5 months to 7* Han so...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Client restarted, you can now run raids. New raid reward is General Kenobi, and it's time to start farming up Jedi. He is completely crazy.

I'm looking at a couple possibilities, but General Kenobi (L), Barris, Kit Fisto, Aayla, and then one of: JKA, QGJ, Ahsoka, Fives.

Here's the current, level 1 wording of Kenobi's leader ability:
212th Attack Battalion Commander: Jedi and Clone allies gain 15% Max Health and 55% Defense. After a Jedi ally uses a team healing Special ability, all other allies at full health are called to Assist, dealing 50% less damage. When a Clone ally uses a special ability, they gain a buff (Atk: Advantage, Sup: Stealth, Tank: Taunt) for 1 turn.

Here's his other amazing ability:
Lead the Charge (CD 4): Deal Physical damage to target enemy, grant a random other ally Offense Up for 2 turns, then call all other buffed allies to assist, dealing 60% less damage.

His basic can grant an ally foresight, and he has two other specials, one dispels debuffs and grants opposite buffs, while the other grants him foresight at the end of the turn. The other gives an ally crit immunity and kenobi a taunt when an ally receives a critical hit.

So, total of 5 abilities including leader. So, Barris is there to trigger assists from her her basic attack (triggering a heal) or her heal. She has a 45% chance off her basic. Kit Fisto can get an additional attack whenever he does a basic, and gains TM on a basic attack, so getting called by Kenobi's leadership or lead the charge is very good. Also, if you make him very fast, he will lead with Potency Up, which will make Kenobi's Lead the Charge call all allies. Aayla is similar -- on a basic attack, she can call an ally. Adding Critical Hit stuns and counters makes her very effective. JKA is obviously a strong pick here, as he's generally brutal and awesome. QGJ is there cause he can dispel taunts, call assists, and do tm stuff on basics. Ahsoka heals on her special (3 turn cd) when an opponent has 50% or more health, which will call a bunch of assists (which can trigger Barris' heal and call assists). Finally, Fives can get a 1 turn taunt every 3rd turn by calling an assist (which could do more silly things thanks to Barris, Kit, and Aayla).

At 6 shards per raid (4th through 50th), and one raid every 3 days (90k -- so you guys need to step up your coin farming game) gets you Kenobi in165 days. He'll probably be pretty good at 5* though, if you have the jedis for it. That'll be in about 2-3 months, so, you might want to start farming your jedi.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

. That'll be in about 2-3 months, so, you might want to start farming your jedi.

Well ahead of you :getin:

Yeah Jedi will definitely be back in bussiness with him.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Well ahead of you :getin:

Yeah Jedi will definitely be back in bussiness with him.

I really want Fives to be good with him though...Taunting Fives with an assist call sounds fun.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Ok IGD decided to kick off the new tank raid now. Our strategy will be to limit people to one attack and a hard hold at p4 so that everyone gets a shot.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I have also kicked off the Rancor Raid. I started it early so we don't lose out on rollover currency. Damage phase starts tomorrow evening 9PM pacific time. The reason we started early is because we got a full load of guild currency when the new raid dropped.

Edit: updated the above.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 22, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

Ok IGD decided to kick off the new tank raid now. Our strategy will be to limit people to one attack and a hard hold at p4 so that everyone gets a shot.

We also need to kick off a Rancor raid before activity reset, but this one is going to have a 0-attack time until tomorrow at 9PM PST, so no attacks for 24 hours or so

two_step fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 22, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Come on Mal where's the inside whale TI info, we're getting clobbered!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

oops wrong forum posted:

Come on Mal where's the inside whale TI info, we're getting clobbered!

Yeah, we need some tips over here! I'm currently leading the guild (that's bad) with 419k damage. I ran Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, QGJ, RG. I AoE spammed and killed the B2s. It didn't feel like a good run, but I guess so far it's been the best. I'm really interested to see what a good team makeup is.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

it's been so long since I've done a T6 that I forgot that our attempts expire/refresh, so I think holding back on the raid is dumb since we've barely scratched it anyway, we will just lose 4 attacks and delay the raid. I PROTEST SIR

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Yeah, we need some tips over here! I'm currently leading the guild (that's bad) with 419k damage. I ran Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, QGJ, RG. I AoE spammed and killed the B2s. It didn't feel like a good run, but I guess so far it's been the best. I'm really interested to see what a good team makeup is.

That's better than I've done. I got 160 with Wedge, Biggs, AA, EE, Lando. I figured AA and EE would be good for cleansing...but...maybe not worth it?

I haven't seen much strategy out of TI so far...that was their super whale team that took it down, and they kinda just sperged it...but you can do that with 80% + character scores....

e: and when I say super whale team, I mean, they took their top guild, plus the top people from their other 3 guilds, and made one super guild.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Malgrin posted:

That's better than I've done. I got 160 with Wedge, Biggs, AA, EE, Lando. I figured AA and EE would be good for cleansing...but...maybe not worth it?

I haven't seen much strategy out of TI so far...that was their super whale team that took it down, and they kinda just sperged it...but you can do that with 80% + character scores....

e: and when I say super whale team, I mean, they took their top guild, plus the top people from their other 3 guilds, and made one super guild.

......This is not what we expected when we allowed you to infiltrate TI Mal, do better

I tried both AA and EE with different teams and they were really only able to get off 1 cleanse before getting countered and spammed to death. I feel like one of them can be a key in the right team, maybe even necessary since those DoTs and Exposes build up fast, but right now Grevious and co just seem to have a counter to everything you can throw at them in the name of B2

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

......This is not what we expected when we allowed you to infiltrate TI Mal, do better

I tried both AA and EE with different teams and they were really only able to get off 1 cleanse before getting countered and spammed to death. I feel like one of them can be a key in the right team, maybe even necessary since those DoTs and Exposes build up fast, but right now Grevious and co just seem to have a counter to everything you can throw at them in the name of B2

They said they'd post more...haven't seen anything yet though. Will keep you guys posted.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Being able to clear debuffs seems like it'd be needed. I went with my normal team of Phasma, QGJ, Geno, Rey and Fives and did bad. Fives is probably really useful, though, as I had slow up on all of them quick enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I tried multiple variations of full Jedi teams including Anakin, Aayla (thought the 40% tenacity would let me resist the debuffs...yeah nope), IGD and Barriss leads. In the end I stuck with Barriss, reached the enrage and did little over 200k damage.

I thought Jedi would rule this first phase :( My Jedi have rather ghetto mods though, maybe someone else will have more luck with them.