Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Watching the cyclocross at Zondhoven and laughing at the tens of thousands of fans while Doha had exactly zero (0) judging from my bad stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
v appropriate winner for a world champs like this

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Midget Fist posted:

It's so many different kinds of hosed up, just on the surface without even looking at the deeper implications of middle-eastern sports-buying.

Yet I am unable to look away...

The Middle East owns more than just sports...Qatar pretty much owns London at this point.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres some full on :qq: about todays result.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kristoff-angry-with-boasson-hagen-after-worlds-sprint/

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mark-cavendish-i-feel-like-i-lost-gold-rather-than-won-silver/

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
At least Cav's only blaming himself.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

drat, how does EBH look younger than Kristoff?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Embarrassing stuff this.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
This is what 5 hours of riding in the desert does to a pair of Oakleys: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLqCZ2zjGOY/

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Fuckin lol at Froome's comments

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I can't help it, I think Froome is pretty great.

If he can get Wiggins' Tour stripped then he'd have 4...

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Froome and Sky trying to throw him under the bus in an attempt to divert attention. 🤗

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
2017 tour route has been announced. Looks good for Cav to have a whinge over when he fucks it up. Some big bastard mountain stages in there too.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

StarkingBarfish posted:

2017 tour route has been announced. Looks good for Cav to have a whinge over when he fucks it up. Some big bastard mountain stages in there too.

It also passes through Schengen which has to be a gag at Brexiter's expense.

That course looks designed entirely for Froome to win.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

StoneOfShame posted:

Particularly enjoying the TT with a 17% climb.

The jura section is 40k from me. Gonna have to head up there with a shitload of beer and some white paint for the inevitable cock+balls marking.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

StarkingBarfish posted:

The jura section is 40k from me. Gonna have to head up there with a shitload of beer and some white paint for the inevitable cock+balls marking.
Good man.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

StoneOfShame posted:

It also passes through Schengen which has to be a gag at Brexiter's expense.

They'd have put a 40km flat time trial in there if they wanted a guaranteed Froome win.

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
So Cancellara is finally retiring this weekend. It's kind of funny how he started with Mapei, and every team he's been on since has been slightly less cool than the one which preceded it.

Mapei - Fassa Bortolo - CSC - Saxo - Leopard-Trek - Trek Factory, etc

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The Abu Dhabi tour have on board power/hr data and its really cool watching them go up a mountain. Roche sat at 390w with a HR in the 190's.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Oz Fox posted:

So Cancellara is finally retiring this weekend. It's kind of funny how he started with Mapei, and every team he's been on since has been slightly less cool than the one which preceded it.

Mapei - Fassa Bortolo - CSC - Saxo - Leopard-Trek - Trek Factory, etc

Every team's been slightly cleaner.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

The UCI have agreed to keep the number of world tour teams at 18 for the next two years, so Dimension Data have been saved from relegation.

:toot:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

They really need to sort out the points system or they're just hosed again next year

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The bemoaning of Dimension Data is really weird to me. Everyone had access to the point system going into the season, which favors GC, and yet their top placing at the tour was like 65th.

They reaped what they sowed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

wide stance posted:

The bemoaning of Dimension Data is really weird to me. Everyone had access to the point system going into the season, which favors GC, and yet their top placing at the tour was like 65th.

They reaped what they sowed.

The point system does not in any way favour GC. It favours one day races more than anything else.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Man all this waiting and it's only November, how can I hold out until April for Peter Sagan and the classics? Time to watch some youtube videos I guess...

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This is good news despite Vaughter's whining:

https://twitter.com/vaughters/status/802237361337683968

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's a step forward. Sucks to be one of the riders who suddenly isn't needed on their team any more though.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yeah I think it's more the short notice he's complaining about

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

goatface posted:

It's a step forward. Sucks to be one of the riders who suddenly isn't needed on their team any more though.
Also if you don't limit salaries it'll just result in rich teams getting even more stacked.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

evil_bunnY posted:

Also if you don't limit salaries it'll just result in rich teams getting even more stacked.

Baby steps.

They need to something about the motos, which seems more likely.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Paddyb posted:

Baby steps.
Aye it's definitely a move in the right direction

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

This is good news despite Vaughter's whining:

https://twitter.com/vaughters/status/802237361337683968

The UCI have told ASO to get hosed. Any team size change has to be approved by them, not ASO.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Riders don't seem to be supporting it either. Weird.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Why would they? I'm sure they like having a job

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Rojkir posted:

Riders don't seem to be supporting it either. Weird.

Because the tour is the biggest pay day they get and having one less spot to compete for won't be very fun for them?

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
But they are the ones that are screaming smaller pelotons after every crash. Apparently the pelotons must be smaller but my team must stay the same size... Thought that through brilliantly.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Team of 9, only 7 allowed on the road on any day, substitutions cost each team rider N seconds.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Meanwhile in cyclocross earlier today:

https://twitter.com/rondevanbet/status/802896533029081088

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Weekly Non-Cyclocross Post:

There's a lot going on in this photo and it's all good.

https://twitter.com/bobkeroll/status/804466520763998208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

UK parliament is having a hearing on that dodgy package that got flown to the sky camp and it's turning into an absolute farce

https://twitter.com/seaningle/status/810820856532369408