Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
yeah I doubt 99.9% of people gave a gently caress about the screen slowdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

i wish i lived in the universe where splatoon was a big enough esport to warrant that kind of audience though

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i'm a frame rate truther

wake up sheeple

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pierson posted:

If it gets Monster Hunter 5 I will buy it, I am a leaf on the dusty winds of Capcom.

I don't know what else Capcom would logically put it on. Nobody buys consoles in Japan, and even the Vita has like a teeny fraction of the portable market share compared to the 3DS. But yeah, I too am hooked on Capcom's delicious Monster drugs.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

wicka posted:

they probably didn't screen it to any autists

this is just sloppy coming from a gaming company

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Kashuno posted:

The people demand 60fps from their consoles.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Moms will fill up their minivans with Nintendo Switches.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

deadly_pudding posted:

Taking just one of those controllers and ditching it somewhere, rendering the device essentially unusable, is going to be 2017's Top Play for bullies.

"Nintendo is committed to stopping bullying in all forms. Buy your replacement controller at nintendo.com only for 49.99!"

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Guys, I just sealed the deal. I pitched our merger to the suits but they wouldn't budge. So I bust out the 'donx, and threw up 2k, and let's just say, we're all about to be rich rich men.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Kashuno posted:

There's been plenty of framerate slow down on multiple "Breath of the Wild" gameplay videos so they probably just used one of those old videos on the Switch screen and it happened to have the frame slowdown we've seen in other videos. People need to stop freaking out. If the rumors of the Pascal architecture are true then it'll be about as powerful as an Xbone and PS4 and plenty powerful enough to run Zelda

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kelp Me! posted:

Nobody is accusing you of being insane, just stupid, and I honestly doubt your coworker actually said that because it's also a really stupid thing to say (unless you're both part of the developmentally-disabled work outreach program Walmart does)

God drat.

wicka posted:

they probably didn't screen it to any autists

You should check out the Japan thread in GBS, it's the land of autism.

I hope they call the dock the Nintendo Switch SubTM and the console the Nintendo Switch DomTM.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

You literally can't trust anything Nintendo advertises because it is an ad, people (why y'all still posting?).

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

The controller looks like the Ouya's

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

unlawfulsoup posted:

The people demand 60fps from their consoles.

Human eye can't even see that high lol why would they bother?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

InFlames235 posted:

There's been plenty of framerate slow down on multiple "Breath of the Wild" gameplay videos so they probably just used one of those old videos on the Switch screen and it happened to have the frame slowdown we've seen in other videos. People need to stop freaking out. If the rumors of the Pascal architecture are true then it'll be about as powerful as an Xbone and PS4 and plenty powerful enough to run Zelda

If you think this portable console is running Pascal on par with the Xbone and PS4 you're loving insane, enjoy your 20 minutes of battery life.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nintendo has always cared about smooth framerates so I'm not alarmed.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

deadly_pudding posted:

I don't know what else Capcom would logically put it on. Nobody buys consoles in Japan, and even the Vita has like a teeny fraction of the portable market share compared to the 3DS. But yeah, I too am hooked on Capcom's delicious Monster drugs.
I mean, there's Monster Hunter Online, but that's a totally different market.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Has this thread covered yet how weird it is that the reveal trailer for a Nintendo product showed white hipsters playing it in their expensive apartments in American cities, is there like a second one showing Japanese hipsters playing it in their corporate sleeping pods?

also how weird it is that everyone in the trailer was playing video games with an enraptured, euphoric expression on their face like they have seen the face of God. Nobody has an expression on their face while they play video games.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

s.i.r.e. posted:

If you think this portable console is running Pascal on par with the Xbone and PS4 you're loving insane, enjoy your 20 minutes of battery life.

I mean if the X1 is on par with the 360 & PS3, the X2 is considered more-so on par with the PS4 and Xbone. Am I saying it's exact? Of course not, but it's probably a few times faster than the Wii U which makes it close enough. Also, pascal architecture is known for its efficiency and as some people were saying even the shield is about 8 hours of battery life on an X1

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
do people really think the first party nintendo game is going to run at 20fps

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Toady posted:

You literally can't trust anything Nintendo advertises because it is an ad, people (why y'all still posting?).

no one's saying that, bud, just that it's ludicrous to judge gameplay footage from a video that's not displaying actual gameplay footage, and is indeed just meant to be a high-level overview of the concept of the device

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Hace posted:

OoT ran at 15

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Hace posted:

Gotta cash in on the N64 nostalgia.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

This system will turn out great, like the last one. I can't wait to make the "switch"!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

If they do put Dark Souls on this, I hope there's local wireless multiplayer so you can invade people on the bus

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Do people really think skyrim will be only that choppy.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I like the name and the trailer.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Suaimhneas posted:

If they do put Dark Souls on this, I hope there's local wireless multiplayer so you can invade people on the bus

It'll be like getting invaded in Watch_Dogs, where you have to kill the invader IRL before they finish attacking your smartphone.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
That said, It's called the Nintendo Switch, because you take a look at it, switch it off and walk out.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Kelp Me! posted:

I showed the trailer to my wife who hasn't played a video game since the original Super Mario Bros. and one of her first comments was "why does the game look so choppy when he's playing it on the small screen?"

your life seems awful, just terrible

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

wicka posted:

no one's saying that, bud, just that it's ludicrous to judge gameplay footage from a video that's not displaying actual gameplay footage, and is indeed just meant to be a high-level overview of the concept of the device

Can you believe they judge a video Nintendo puts out? It's like, don't you read forums? What the gently caress. I can't believe we're having this conversation.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wheany posted:

That said, It's called the Nintendo Switch, because you take a look at it, switch it off and walk out.

It's called the Nintendo Switch because your abusive alcoholic dad from the 1950's will beat the poo poo out of you with one.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Skyrim will likely run as well as it did 5 years ago on the other consoles.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Toady posted:

Can you believe they judge a video Nintendo puts out? It's like, don't you read forums? What the gently caress. I can't believe we're having this conversation.

oh i can believe it. that doesn't make it any less stupid, or any less surprising that it persists even when the stupidity of it is made clear. for my part, i can't believe we are having this conversation literal hours after someone first said "it's an ad."

univbee posted:

It's called the Nintendo Switch because your abusive alcoholic dad from the 1950's will beat the poo poo out of you with one.

at least he came home

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Literally every kid under 8 everywhere all the time just walks around picking their nose and playing Minecraft on their parents iPad, so for Nintendo to go whole hog on a platform specifically designed for that is a great idea.

How many garbage tier seven year-olds are looking this and getting salty about the frame rate?

There should be a segment in the video where the parents are trying to have a nice dinner and their miserable child is acting out so they just give him the Switch and tell him to shut up and they get to have four minutes of peace.

Or a segment where where there's a husband playing the Switch on the TV, and she stands in front of the TV wanting to talk to her about their failing marriage, but he just gets up, picks up the screen and goes to the bathroom and locks himself in.

Come on Nintendo, these things write themselves.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

univbee posted:

Wow, getting a little too real for me

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

InFlames235 posted:

I mean if the X1 is on par with the 360 & PS3, the X2 is considered more-so on par with the PS4 and Xbone. Am I saying it's exact? Of course not, but it's probably a few times faster than the Wii U which makes it close enough. Also, pascal architecture is known for its efficiency and as some people were saying even the shield is about 8 hours of battery life on an X1

If it's the X2 I could see the price being really high, though it would be interesting thus getting back on par with Sony and Microsoft and having AAA back on Nintendo's side.

Hace posted:

Do you remember Majora's Mask?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's called the Nintendo Switch because it fulfills your every desire when it's hooked up to a TV, then punishes you harshly when you take it somewhere else

am I doing this right

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The N64 was kinda an exception when it came to Nintendo and frame rate plus I doubt they'll suddenly stop caring about that now that people actually pay attention to that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

Do you remember Majora's Mask?

Do you remember like 95% of the N64 library, third party or otherwise?

• Locked thread