Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of mods, now that most of the Goonmod features I used have been integrated into the base game, what do people recommend just for Press F to Interact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Actually, hey Wilco... implementing the goonstuff is great and thank you for that, but can I recommend adding a feature from another mod? Specifically, Jukebox Shuffle in PocoHud. Some heists take a while and the music changing is a nice feature and honestly one of two things from Poco I actually use (the other being the ECM timer.)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

oohhboy posted:

Pocohud.

http://download.paydaymods.com/download/latest/pocohud3

Install BLT from here as you will need this for other mods.

https://paydaymods.com/download/

Go here to add the new stat trackers that poco currently doesn't handle right now.

http://paydaymods.com/mods/287/additionalpocohudtrackers

If you want to make your LMGs more useful get the LMG steel sights.

I should probably double check here since I remember talking to Vox about it but I don't remember if it was ever conclusively proven, and I've been proselytizing about it in the Discord: Did anyone ever figure out if PocoHud was the root cause of the extreme desync issues? Allegedly mixing Poco and non-Poco clients is what creates the potentially game-ruining levels of desync that crop up. Not stupid minor poo poo, but the "keep running around for 20 seconds on everyone else's screen while you're actually down" type stuff.

Though honestly with all the random flaky bullshit I've seen teaming up with a wide swath of goons over the course of the event, it really seems like everyone could stand to do a fresh reinstall if they can afford the time/bandwidth, just to see if it clears some things up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I've been running with players having a mix of poco, non-poco, desync resolution standalone, and none of the above for a long time now, and in many different combinations -- poco does not cause those issues, in my experience. The fundamental issues seem to be connection quality between peers (not just peer to host, either) and the dark sorcery powering the actual Payday 2 netcode.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I find it is better with Poco as it allows you to change how aggressive the husks update on screen to the incoming data so everything is in a more correct position as Host or Client. It won't save you from a bad connection, but it will enhance a good one.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Day 3 is up, and we're getting a dog mask.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/jwweaponpack/

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
For desync it can be extreme even on console.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

John Murdoch posted:

I should probably double check here since I remember talking to Vox about it but I don't remember if it was ever conclusively proven, and I've been proselytizing about it in the Discord: Did anyone ever figure out if PocoHud was the root cause of the extreme desync issues? Allegedly mixing Poco and non-Poco clients is what creates the potentially game-ruining levels of desync that crop up. Not stupid minor poo poo, but the "keep running around for 20 seconds on everyone else's screen while you're actually down" type stuff.

Though honestly with all the random flaky bullshit I've seen teaming up with a wide swath of goons over the course of the event, it really seems like everyone could stand to do a fresh reinstall if they can afford the time/bandwidth, just to see if it clears some things up.

That desync bullshit has been an issue on the unmodded game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lynx posted:

Day 3 is up, and we're getting a dog mask.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/jwweaponpack/

we're back to gating paid content behind achievements

honestly, i thought we were past this.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Coolguye posted:

we're back to gating paid content behind achievements

honestly, i thought we were past this.

It's all cosmetics.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok gently caress the murky station achievement

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

spit on my clit posted:

secure bomb
find guard
drop ECM
crouchwalk around the yard throwing knives into guards
leave

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

It's all cosmetics.

And weak as poo poo cosmetics at that. loving give me some more shades at least if you're making me cheese Murkey Station with knives.

This is an embarrassing first DLC after the safe house event went so strong. loving Chivalry pack at least had a satisfying throwing weapon, neat knight masks and the comedy option of swinging a claymore at a cop. This poo poo is just lame.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 20, 2016

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just downloaded the pocohud mod. drat, that's awesome stuff, thanks for the tip.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

shut up blegum posted:

Just downloaded the pocohud mod. drat, that's awesome stuff, thanks for the tip.

Please do everyone a favor, though, and restrict all the chat options to off or only yourself. beyond that go nuts. For what it's worth, I usually disable floating damage popups for anyone other than myself, set all chat to off (except a warning if someone goes down 3 times and that only fires if I'm the only one with Pocohud), and turn off most of the status buff indicators. The jukebox is the best feature.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

Agreed, but only because I did it and the cosmetics didn't properly go into my inventory. I've unlocked the ability to buy them with Gage Coins, so whatever, but it would've been nice to actually get them.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Psion posted:

Please do everyone a favor, though, and restrict all the chat options to off or only yourself. beyond that go nuts. For what it's worth, I usually disable floating damage popups for anyone other than myself, set all chat to off (except a warning if someone goes down 3 times and that only fires if I'm the only one with Pocohud), and turn off most of the status buff indicators. The jukebox is the best feature.
Noted. I suppose spamming the chat could get annoying for other players :)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ClonedPickle posted:

Agreed, but only because I did it and the cosmetics didn't properly go into my inventory. I've unlocked the ability to buy them with Gage Coins, so whatever, but it would've been nice to actually get them.

unlocking the ability to get cosmetics out of a card drop

faaaaaaaaantastic :laugh:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Did this suddenly become the steam forums or something?

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

it's been a gradual devolution, but yes

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't see anybody here defending the Robbedacop trophy because it only takes 300 hours of the poopsockiest grinding to finish, so no, we did not.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hi payday 2 thread could you link me some fun and wacky builds thank you. Last I was in the thread there was stuff like Sociopath shotgun dodge builds and stuff centered around melee but that was all before the tree revamp

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
for what difficulty tho

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The ones where fun gimmicky builds are viable

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Lady Naga posted:

Overkill and below, every gimmick that was previously viable is still viable, so you should be good to go with what you had then. Most of the changes lately are, intended or otherwise, progressively narrowing the effective weapon selection as you go up the difficulty ladder from Mayhem/DW/1D.

on the other hand, DOTs are ridiculously strong, so poison and flame are really good now. Run around stabbing everyone with a kunai. Use crossbows and laugh at your insane per-shot damage output.

or I dunno coolguy seems to have some sort of AMCAR/turrets/jokers build going on, which sounds good on general principle because it uses the AMCAR, the finest of weapons. I can only hope his sidearm is the Chimano 88.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Lady Naga posted:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/eghIjkL:tOqr:gGhJKL:fmOPqr::w91::a1

Dodge-build Freserker with a heavy crossbow (And probably the armor pen skill but honestly I never tested it without) can one shot dozers (and everything else) no matter where you hit them. You can also actually use melee, though you'll still need a good melee weapon like the motherforker or katana.

Just run around screaming and never give a poo poo because anarchist dodge-build actually has crazy high armor still.

edit: also good fun with the nuclear dozer mutation

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Trip report: the UMP is decent although numbers wise the Krinkov and Biker SMG are better; the pistols are okay and the only thing the sniper seems to have going for it is the much faster reload.

At least it's not blatantly pay to win? :geno:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Jesus christ, what happened to the poison DoT damage? Tossed a shuriken at a 2k health dozer and he keeled over pretty much immediately.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Jesus christ, what happened to the poison DoT damage? Tossed a shuriken at a 2k health dozer and he keeled over pretty much immediately.

From Frank:

quote:

Poison DoT changes:
  • Duration 10s to 6s
  • Tick damage, 20 to 250
  • Animation chance, 0.5 to 1.0

Poison got mad buffed as part of the changes that happened with OD's introduction.

edit: I'm getting mixed reports of changes to a bunch of stats with today's update, particularly enemy damage. I'll try to find a good source.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 20, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm dead serious when I say the kunai is now the best melee option :v:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
The new weapons are all pretty bad. The funniest one is probably the sniper. Highest base conceal of all snipers, but basically every part makes it less concealable. Also has poo poo accuracy considering it's a loving sniper.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Somehow I overlooked this- more flat damage and accuracy bullshit. For comparison, the Gensec elite accuracy at 30m is 35, and the damage is 30. There isn't a 60m range on most enemies in the game- the net effect of having that range added to the array is to massively increase their accuracy and damage at extreme distances. Enemies that do have a 60m range have their accuracy set to zero, specifically to keep them from hitting people past that distance- because they become hard to see! I think the Zeal heavy SWAT are actually more damaging than Skulldozers.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 21, 2016

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
PSA - the achievement for 45 special kills on Boiling Point with the UMP will trigger after 45 regular kills. They don't need to be specials.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Lynx posted:

PSA - the achievement for 45 special kills on Boiling Point with the UMP will trigger after 45 regular kills. They don't need to be specials.

Using the Akimbo Contractors (or grenades or melee) also screws you out of the firestarter related cheevo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Drewjitsu posted:

Using the Akimbo Contractors (or grenades or melee) also screws you out of the firestarter related cheevo.

Lynx posted:

what's next - you don't have to be crouching on Murky Station? It's actually 30 tans with the sniper rifle instead of snipers? :v:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Psion posted:

what's next - you don't have to be crouching on Murky Station? It's actually 30 tans with the sniper rifle instead of snipers? :v:

To be honest, I have no idea how the game can tell if you made a kill from a crouch or from standing.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Wish they'd just stop with low ammo count SMGs. I use SMGs for spray-and-pray fun. I'd probably use nothing but the Swedish K if it didn't have basically one magazine of ammo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

Wish they'd just stop with low ammo count SMGs. I use SMGs for spray-and-pray fun. I'd probably use nothing but the Swedish K if it didn't have basically one magazine of ammo.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that you have an SMG where you have to treat it like a battle rifle. AMR ammo count in an SMG sign me up! Oh wait, no. Of course, because of the new health multipliers, anything that's in the 40 damage range is really bad, so they'd have to make an 80 damage SMG with at least 150 rounds which outclasses, uhhhh, like 20 primaries ... yeah, it's annoying.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plan Z posted:

Wish they'd just stop with low ammo count SMGs.

Psion was literally just talking about this. It's pretty obviously nonsense that weapons that do less than half the damage of a DMR have a similar ammo count.

I really do think that Overkill needs to, yet again, do a general balance pass on weapons, if only to standardize things. There shouldn't be obvious winners and losers.

E: PSIONNNNNNNNNNNN

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Stockholm Syndrome bug has been reintroduced, in some form. Nobody had the skill, and when we wiped it would just spit one of us out of custody without even requiring us to hit spacebar.

Also Winters is only spawning with one minion right now, it's pretty funny.