Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Toady posted:

"People who notice framerates are fundamentally broken." - Another surreal SA Nintendo thread

i meant people who noticed it in that video and i stand by it

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zelder posted:

i'm going to start saving now to buy mine on launch because that's what responsible roof party adults do

:yeah:

I'm gonna hold off until we see what the actual launch lineup is, but this is probably a preorder for me.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

The N64 was kinda an exception when it came to Nintendo and frame rate plus I doubt they'll suddenly stop caring about that now that people actually pay attention to that poo poo.

I was joking with the OoT comment but Wind Waker HD was developed in-house and suffered from drops to 20-ish in some places. This was certainly due to poor optimization and I imagine the port was a fairly rushed job despite its attention to the original game's flaws, but still.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Now that we're done with that, can we address my very serious concerns regarding this reveal trailer, like the fact that nobody in real life actually plays video games with a look on their face like they're jizzing their pants over and over even if they're playing a really good game on an exciting new console

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

loquacius posted:

Now that we're done with that, can we address my very serious concerns regarding this reveal trailer, like the fact that nobody in real life actually plays video games with a look on their face like they're jizzing their pants over and over even if they're playing a really good game on an exciting new console

have you played Rez area X yet?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

loquacius posted:

Like other trendy urban young people, the characters in this commercial were all high on MDMA.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
this is the most hosed up post in this thread

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

loquacius posted:

actually i thought the portrayals in this video of the type of people who play nintendo games was EXTREMELY accurate and i pick up girls in the airport while playing zelda all the time

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kirby Superscare! posted:

For a start, I am totally getting one on launch day because it looks amazing.

Thank you kindly,
VG

And to counter, to me it looks like turd controllers on a lame tablet. Scoff I say! You play Zelda on your tiny screen while I'm living in a world in my gear 2 galaxy 8 direct iv hook up!

Logic
Jan 8, 2009

Zelder posted:

i'm going to start saving now to buy mine on launch because that's what responsible roof party adults do

haha..best comment in the last 5 pages. I love the idea of what they are trying to do, but knowing Nintendo it will be poorly implemented and marketed. Thus making it the next Wiiu.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Kelp Me! posted:

:agreed: Was it the DS that first had the "2 people can play but only 1 person needs the actual game card?" IIRC they pushed that pretty hard as a great social aspect of the system.

Many pages back but the GBA actually could do this with some games. You still needed a link cable, though.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

loquacius posted:

I actually had a pretty constant stream of ejaculate escaping my penis for at least the first 30 hours of xenoblade x

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dear Thread,

The frame rate discussion is a poor topic and something purely full of conjecture. Please can we avoid it and talk about other things.

Thank you kindly,
VG

Just to reiterate the bold.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

And to counter, to me it looks like turd controllers on a lame tablet. Scoff I say! You play Zelda on your tiny screen while I'm living in a world in my gear 2 galaxy 8 direct iv hook up!

Hah! You have fun with your endless mario!!

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

wicka posted:

besides, that's not what the discussion was, countless people seriously suggested that the final console could have framerate issues...

It could have performance issues--that's a legitimate thing to wonder about a mobile platform with unknown specs. Obviously people are going to zero in on the only available footage of this thing, even for the sake of conjecture.

Edit: Posted too late.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

buddy you couldn't pay me to take stux, get that free poo poo outta here

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

e: I like to sniff my own farts and I think the Switch will be a Good and Fun console

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

nintendo

Sexy
Waluigi
In
Ternal
Camera
Hopefully

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

New thread title owns btw

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Dear Thread,

The frame rate discussion is a poor topic and something purely full of conjecture. Please can we avoid just stop it and talk about other things.

Thank you kindly,
VG

By this logic wouldn't any discussion of anything based on what we saw in the video be full of conjecture?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't get a Wii U. But I think I would like a Switch. I will reserve final judgment until I can get my hands on one and try it myself.

That's all I got. Should I start complaining about rooftops now?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I cant wait to get my squid squad together on eight Nintendo Switches

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

I didn't get a Wii U. But I think I would like a Switch. I will reserve final judgment until I can get my hands on one and try it myself.

get a wii u man, its good poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also why again were all the people in reveal trailer #1 of a Japanese console white hipsters in America, does nobody in Japan buy consoles these days and if that's not it why was there not at least one sequence where a Japanese hipster euphorically uses his 15 daily minutes of free time to play Metroid or whatever in his micro-apartment

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

By this logic wouldn't any discussion of anything based on what we saw in the video be full of conjecture?

No. You know exactly what I mean when I say what I say. I find your posts in this thread highly amusing considering how much you have told me and posted about your dislike for people discussing the Oculus Rift.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

With the popularity of Dark Souls and super hard pixel games lately, maybe they should have people playing their games while looking loving furious.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wonder if there were day-long meetings on whether to call it the Switch or the SWiitch.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

DizzyBum posted:

Rooftop playing is not optimal due to it being impossible to see most screens in direct sunlight, take that NYC elite

I am just realizing it's gonna be kind of weird that this will be the first Nintendo handheld that you pretty much cannot fit in your pocket.

One other thing I realized is that it looks like they are showing there will be a headrest accessory, since it snapped right in when they were playing in the Scooby van thing

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wikileaks confirm that Hillary Clinton has paid NeoGAF and Reddit posters to come here and start flame wars.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The guy in the trailer should spend some time in museums and breweries while he's out traveling the world.

loquacius posted:

Also why again were all the people in reveal trailer #1 of a Japanese console white hipsters in America, does nobody in Japan buy consoles these days and if that's not it why was there not at least one sequence where a Japanese hipster euphorically uses his 15 daily minutes of free time to play Metroid or whatever in his micro-apartment

This run on sentence is hard to read but I think they're targetting 20-somethings to 30-somethings, at least with this initial marketing.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

No. You know exactly what I mean when I say what I say. I find your posts in this thread highly amusing considering how much you have told me and posted about your dislike for people discussing the Oculus Rift.

Thank you :)

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I am just realizing it's gonna be kind of weird that this will be the first Nintendo handheld that you pretty much cannot fit in your pocket.

Maybe not 1 pocket but you could disconnect the controllers and put the screen in one pocket, the controllers in the other, all your games in a 3rd pants pocket.

Pretty much every pocket on your body should be filled with Nintendo poo poo and you'll be ready to game in any social situation anywhere

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

edit:nvm

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 20, 2016

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Cargo shorts brah

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

get a wii u man, its good poo poo

I know Nintendo sells refurb'd ones on their website. Game recommendations? I know I want to play:

Smash 4
Splatoon
Xenoblade X
Super Mario 3D World

Uhhh I know there's more good stuff than that but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Edit: Also it would be cool if there's some sort of backwards compatibility with Switch but who the gently caress knows with that right now.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

negative attention is bad for the soul, knifegrab

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

I know Nintendo sells refurb'd ones on their website. Game recommendations? I know I want to play:

Smash 4
Splatoon
Xenoblade X
Super Mario 3D World

Uhhh I know there's more good stuff than that but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Mario Kart, Donkey Kong TF, Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2 :)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wow! This thing looks really cool!!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Zelder posted:

negative attention is bad for the soul, knifegrab

Bad press is still press!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
study it out

• Locked thread