Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The new title got me. "Wait why is a Nintendont :filez: thread getting so many posts this quick- ohh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Just wait until you guys see Metroid Prime 4 as a launch title.

You will all poo poo your pants.

I can't wait to see the pants making GBS threads.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Electromax posted:

study it out

"now with this expensive new gadget you can ignore even more of the beautiful natural world around you"

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Two things I am wondering about

1) are companies going to complain about the price of using solid state memory for their 50gb games? I love carts. I'm just wondering.

Infinite Warfare with all the trimmings is 130 GB.

That's going to be a problem with third party games on Switch.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

loquacius posted:

"now with this expensive new gadget you can ignore even more of the beautiful natural world around you"

thank loving god

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Utnayan posted:

Just wait until you guys see Metroid Prime 4 as a launch title.

You will all poo poo your pants.

I can't wait to see the pants making GBS threads.

I am actually really curious to see what Retro has been working on since Tropical Freeze.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

mother nature get hosed *slaps down switch like a skateboard and ollies out of room*

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

loquacius posted:

loving finally. My friend keeps inviting me to these swank rooftop parties and I feel obligated to go but its soooo lame!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Soul Glo posted:

Infinite Warfare with all the trimmings is 130 GB.

That's going to be a problem with third party games on Switch.

How is that even possible? Isn't that game like 5 hours long?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Gamexplain to the rescue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqwqiROIgLw

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

greatn posted:

Son let me tell you a store about Titanfall, with main protagonist: uncompressed audio.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

45 minutes long mere three hours after the reveal, god bless Gamexplain.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Just looking at the controller in this beast configuration gives me severe Dreamcast PTSD

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

the problem is its like 4 games with tons of audio files taking up tons of space because they hired A list actors and want them to sound good and lots of assets that aren't shared between infinite, mw, zombies, etc.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Real hurthling! posted:

the problem is its like 4 games with tons of audio files taking up tons of space because they hired A list actors and want them to sound good and lots of assets that aren't shared between infinite, mw, zombies, etc.

to be fair Jon Snow is probably worth 50 gb alone as long as he cared about acting as a space marine or whatever role he's playing

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Spellman posted:

Just looking at the controller in this beast configuration gives me severe Dreamcast PTSD

Let's not kid ourselves, we have bad memories about the Dreamcast because it was made by Sega. Now, if Nintendo had made a virtual reality console I would have had concerns, because I still remember the Virtual Boy, but this thing looks good so far.

Hopefully I'm not completely broke March 2017, so I can get a Switch.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This thread certainly switched from tolerable to poo poo pretty fast.

I just want to know when I can pre-order, when someone finds out make a post noticeable enough in this sea of poo poo posting.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

katkillad2 posted:

This thread certainly switched from tolerable to poo poo pretty fast.

I just want to know when I can pre-order, when someone finds out make a post noticeable enough in this sea of poo poo posting.

Amazon will email you when you can pre-order.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
According to this Polygon article, the Joy Grip (thing you clip the Joy-Cons to, to make a regularish controller) is a separate accessory not included with the system. Also confirms that additional Joy-Cons can be purchased separately. Not sure why one would opt to buy extra Joy-Cons and not the Pro Controller, but in light of the Wii U Game Pad never being a retail item I found it interesting.

Fast-moving thread so sorry if this is old news.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/20/13345506/nintendo-switch-controller-joy-con

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
does the base have a gpu or something in it??

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Smythe posted:

does the base have a gpu or something in it??

Yeah. Someone posted a spec sheet upthread somewhere. Also has its own RAM.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Spellman posted:

..they could have fit a tiny LCD screen on that controller battery pack.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Minidust posted:

According to this Polygon article, the Joy Grip (thing you clip the Joy-Cons to, to make a regularish controller) is a separate accessory not included with the system. Also confirms that additional Joy-Cons can be purchased separately. Not sure why one would opt to buy extra Joy-Cons and not the Pro Controller, but in light of the Wii U Game Pad never being a retail item I found it interesting.

I mean I'd say "no way", but after the non-included N3DS charger...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Joy grip much better grip than the death grip

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minidust posted:

where does it say it's not included?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

..they could have fit a tiny LCD screen on that controller battery pack.

*should've

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Also has its own RAM.

:stare: did you say RAM? :troll: *takes off sunglasses* (Hope iot's the right da,mn kind) :dukedoge:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

But is it the right kind?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

joygripz is my chillwave deathgripz cover band

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
MOTHER FUCKER

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

do you know if you can hotplug it or do you need to reboot it to engage the epic components hidden within the power pad (base Bitch)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zelder posted:

joygripz is my chillwave deathgripz cover band

Would unironically listen to this

Smythe posted:

do you know if you can hotplug it or do you need to reboot it to engage the epic components hidden within the power pad (base Bitch)

The trailer makes it appear that you can hotplug it in and out, at least

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

*barges in door, huffing and puffing for breath* Joy grip sounds like slang for jerking off! Has that joke already been made, oh god I don't want to read this entire thread, tell me it's at least been five pages since that joke's been made

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

pixaal posted:

Amazon will email you when you can pre-order.

Yea I clicked the notify button, but I don't think I've ever actually been notified any time I've done this. Lets hope Amazon doesn't gently caress up the pre-order like they did with PSVR and have it sold out before they even open it up to the public.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Smythe posted:

Totally hotswappable, no interruption to games, downgrades graphics in real time when you pick it up.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

loquacius posted:

Now that we're done with that, can we address my very serious concerns regarding this reveal trailer, like the fact that nobody in real life actually plays video games with a look on their face like they're jizzing their pants over and over even if they're playing a really good game on an exciting new console

it's an ad

people staring dead eyed into a tv isn't going to sell a system

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Spellman posted:

*should've

The point is that you can play locally or remotely with the same experience, seemlessly. With an LCD in the little handle nub, how do you duplicate that when in handle-tab mode? You'd need a second little pop-out screen that comes off the main screen.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

wicka posted:

where does it say it's not included?
"There's also the Joy Grip accessory that players can pick up..." The language implies it's a separate purchase, but I may just be jumping to conclusions.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The point is that you can play locally or remotely with the same experience, seemlessly. With an LCD in the little handle nub, how do you duplicate that when in handle-tab mode? You'd need a second little pop-out screen that comes off the main screen.

I initially said it as a joke, akin to Dreamcast having one. No, I really don't think it should have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

loquacius posted:

nobody in real life actually plays video games with a look on their face like they're jizzing their pants over and over

Somebody's never held SSS-rank across a whole stage of Devil May Cry

• Locked thread