Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Will the Switch not even have Miis..... what if this is the end of Mii

Amiibos are still a thing getting dragged along so there might be some "ii" inheritance.

Or player avatars are an amiibo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
This console for babies is twee as gently caress and I will take 2, please!

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

I hope I can get a left-side joycon that has an actual d-pad.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

El Burbo posted:

I guess it's not as bad as "wiimote"

Wiimote wasn't the official name though.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Nintendo "Wii Remote"

Seventh Mode
Aug 29, 2012

Mode 7-style rendering was also used for the Special Stages in Sonic CD.
The more you know!
It looks like you can get more docks separately. Will venues just have these set up for players to insert the tablet or did the competitors set up their own docks?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Sega Bass Fishing reel joycon

Joycon is a loving gross name

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

youcallthatatwist posted:

I honestly can't see nintendo not doing this because literally all they have to do is take a regular joycon, spraypaint it gold, and stamp a zelda logo on, and they've made themselves a million bucks.

"and then they make tons of money" is a really bad thing to assume about Nintendo doing anything.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Will they make a fleshlight joycon for all the Japanese dating Sims they are putting on it?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Soundwave has sent out his Joy-Cons to spy on Nintendo fans.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 20, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Moly B. Denum posted:

I hope I can get a left-side joycon that has an actual d-pad.

The Switch pro controller had a real d-pad.

Real Gaiman
Apr 24, 2008
Oh my goodness but did anyone notice the framerate drop in zelda!?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nintendo inventing "smartphone gaming but good" bodes poorly for their new smartphone game division.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

Nintendo inventing "smartphone gaming but good" bodes poorly for their new smartphone game division.

Handheld consoles aren't exactly a new thing

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

why is everyone complaining about framerate drops in zelda when splatoon was this ugly as poo poo default unreal/blender shader/scene lighting

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Not necessarily. Several of the listed Switch partners are mobile games developers.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
It's just a portable WiiU and nerds are freaking out thinking Nintendo just reinvented the wheel

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Spellman posted:

Just looking at the controller in this beast configuration gives me severe Dreamcast PTSD

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Looks like the OUYA controller. Nintendouya

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

their subtle way of telling niantic to get hosed for pokemon go

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can I play all the Zeldas on this machine? And it looks like my xbone controller will work natively?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

El Hefe posted:

It's just a portable WiiU and nerds are freaking out thinking Nintendo just reinvented the wheel

The WiiU was good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rudoku posted:

The WiiU was good.

But now it's better because it's portable and has more controller options.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

This console for babies is twee as gently caress and I will take 2, please!

Did you not see that grown rear end man in his own house? poo poo is adult AF.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Soul Glo posted:

Infinite Warfare with all the trimmings is 130 GB.

That's going to be a problem with third party games on Switch.
How do you figure? That's still 2.6 times the capacity of a BluRay disc so an install or download will be mandatory.

Also holy poo poo WHY.

IGN posted:

Nintendo continued: "The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch. The main unit of Nintendo Switch is the unit that has the LCD screen, which the two Joy-Con controllers can be attached to and detached from. The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system."

So I notice Nintendo's wording here doesn't actually say that the Dock *doesn't* have any graphics hardware, just that its main purpose is exactly what the trailer indicated. They also made a point of listing charging and providing power as separate functions, so the idea that docking it puts it into a higher power mode and makes the fan kick in still seems reasonable.

El Hefe posted:

What part of portable Wii U doesn't sound awesome?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Chaltab posted:

Also holy poo poo WHY.

High res textures for the PS4 pro.

e: Also they're packing IN COD 4

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Chaltab posted:

How do you figure? That's still 2.6 times the capacity of a BluRay disc so an install or download will be mandatory.

The Switch has a 32 GB internal memory and an SD card slot.

night slime
May 14, 2014
People keep saying the framerate drop was bad with Zelda but it was a scene of Link in bullet time...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Soundwave has sent out his Joy-Cons to spy on Nintendo fans.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
This really is what the wii u should have been, isn't it? Being able to take big console games on the go is amazing. C'mon nintendo don't gently caress this up! I'm rooting for you!!!!!

Chaltab posted:

So I notice Nintendo's wording here doesn't actually say that the Dock *doesn't* have any graphics hardware, just that its main purpose is exactly what the trailer indicated. They also made a point of listing charging and providing power as separate functions, so the idea that docking it puts it into a higher power mode and makes the fan kick in still seems reasonable.

I'm absolutely sure the dock will have graphics-boosting stuff in it, it's just that nintendo is wisely avoiding diluting their message right now. We're supposed to be getting more specs and specific games by the end of this month, and I'm sure we'll hear more about it then.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

youcallthatatwist posted:

I'm absolutely sure the dock will have graphics-boosting stuff in it, it's just that nintendo is wisely avoiding diluting their message right now. We're supposed to be getting more specs and specific games by the end of this month, and I'm sure we'll hear more about it then.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/nintendo-confirms-amiibo-support-for-nintendo-switch-clarifies-additional-features

Nintendo posted:

"The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch. The main unit of Nintendo Switch is the unit that has the LCD screen, which the two Joy-Con controllers can be attached to and detached from. The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system."

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zat posted:

There's zero chance of the kind of games that take 50gb+ ever coming to this system.

Which is fine.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

incoherent posted:

High res textures for the PS4 pro.
4K gaming was a Mistake.

Zat posted:

And multiple USB ports, so I'm guessing an external harddrive will work like with Wii U. Plus if incoherent is right then a hypothetical Switch version of games like Infinite Warfare wouldn't need to be nearly as big because it wouldn't have those high res textures.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
In the past, you've been able to Drop A Titan On It. And now, in 2017, Nintendo is going to Drop A Titan IN It. That's right, BITCH - Nintendo is dropping an nVidia TITAN in the SwitchBrick. :thurman: Buckle Up!

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

You didn't read the post i was replying to!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zat posted:

The dev kits at least. Most likely the final product as well but i'm pining really hard for a bigger memory somehow, though I don't see how that can happen. Guess Nintendo is pushing physical copies now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I like the idea of having a dock on both of my TVs and switching between the two depending on where I want to play. For that reason, I hope it's just a dock and nothing more so they are cheap. I also do t want my gameplay to be compromised on the go.

I just want this thing to be affordable so that it doesn't fail miserably. But that tablet screen is a huge concern for the average gamer that just games at home. Nothing is showing touch screen support in any of the trailer thankfully. So... why couldn't Nintendo also release a non tablet version that is just a home console? You know, the Wii U without the Gamepad that people wished they could have done to cut costs.

I can see why they kept this trailer so basic to. It confuse people and showing two versions this early would be idiotic. But I could see the appeal in a variation that had no tablet to reduce costs

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
The trailer was some straight out of the 90s poo poo. Young hip urban kids! Buy our stuff and be cool like them.
They even had a guy with a flat top.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ka0 posted:

The trailer was some straight out of the 90s poo poo. Young hip urban kids! Buy our stuff and be cool like them.
They even had a guy with a flat top.

The trailer was pretty much exactly the same as the PS4 trailer tbh

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Wow this thing looks fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Zat posted:

Now you've done it, here come the crazies who are going to be pissed it doesn't have 1TB internal memory and don't know how to use an external hard drive or have an extra SD card lying around.

• Locked thread