Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The IB version of not forgotten can get some pretty slick rolls though, so aim for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

like the trials sniper (which I have but don't use(because I can't snipe))

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

xzzy posted:

The IB version of not forgotten can get some pretty slick rolls though, so aim for that one.

Laughing Heart isn't the same archetype, however, if I recall correctly. I dunno whether or not it can rez snipe. I just thought that was worth mentioning.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Laughing Heart isn't the same archetype, however, if I recall correctly. I dunno whether or not it can rez snipe. I just thought that was worth mentioning.

No but it's an easy to use sniper for people who don't play elimination modes.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

xzzy posted:

No but it's an easy to use sniper for people who don't play elimination modes.

Well yeah. I just thought I'd observe that it's not the same.

What's the best sniper to be using for PVP? I was using Event Horizon and it felt ok. I have a good LDR, an average Longbow, and a good 1000 Yard as well.

Edit: I mostly mean for Trials. I'm using Last Word or MIDA as my primary.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This expansion not only has probably my favorite raid (tied with Vault of Glass) but also has been my favorite groups of people to run the raid with. This expansion has been awesome from the get go.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Finished off HM just now. Aksis P2 might be the easiest encounter in HM, straight up. We had more than enough damage with one illuminated weapons bubble and Viking funeral each DPS phase. Vosik was way harder due to the adds.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

xzzy posted:

That's the Glass Promontory archetype, which is mid-impact. But Not Forgotten is High-Impact, same as 1kys, Longbow, Winged Word, etc.

Lightning Knight posted:

What's the best sniper to be using for PVP? I was using Event Horizon and it felt ok. I have a good LDR, an average Longbow, and a good 1000 Yard as well.

Choices are probably Event Horizon (Black Spindle archetype), or But Not Forgotten (1kys archetype but with barrels that raise impact, thus allowing it to kill some more supers), or Winged Word (Trials sniper).

Edit: Also to correct from previous page, But Not Forgotten's zoom is 5.2, same as Longview 10.

qbert fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 21, 2016

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

It can rez snipe. It's the promonitory archetype. It also has a 5x zoom. Mine has hidden hand and snapshot and one of the better stability mods. It owns bones. I post a vid of how low the recoil is a while back.

Lightning Knight posted:

I rock my 1kys in pvp 90% of the time.

You want shortgaze and some combination of snapshot/quickdraw and hidden hand or unflinching etc.

I run that and tlw or blind perdition.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The 1 headshot super kill is way overblown the tradeoff to use a high impact that can so it like handling speed, msg sizr and recoil isnt worth it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I barely qualify as a sniper but when I attempt it, quickscopes feel the most effective. Which means I gravitate towards anything with snapshot and handing perks.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
And then she just said the Aristocrats! and walked away.

http://i.imgur.com/RLElqxR.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ZJkiZV9.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/VqNumFR.gifv

And this one needs to be seen in it's entirety: http://xboxclips.com/Mechwarrior/17ec1a31-fafd-453a-a39f-f22828d5c0c8

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 21, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

The 1 headshot super kill is way overblown the tradeoff to use a high impact that can so it like handling speed, msg sizr and recoil isnt worth it.

Yeah, I still rock a god roll 1KYS 99% of the time. Including Trials.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Working as intended.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

I barely qualify as a sniper but when I attempt it, quickscopes feel the most effective. Which means I gravitate towards anything with snapshot and handing perks.

Yeah watching lanes etc is almost impossible now. Which is good. A quick one second scan of a lane and backup to check radar is the way i go now.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The trials sniper is by far better than any other sniper in the entire game if I still played id use mine and also do goon account recoveries for 7 wins to help people out but I don't play anymore so sorry dudes

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Are you just gunna still be the highest poster even though you don't play cuz that's dedication

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

FishBulb posted:

Are you just gunna still be the highest poster even though you don't play cuz that's dedication

How do you think he got so buff

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Duh

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Someone needs to tell noobs that their guns and rolls suck

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
What did you get banned for?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

el B posted:

What did you get banned for?

Victim of a hate crime

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I've never been legitimately banned. No one follows the rules more than I do.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I've never been legitimately banned. No one follows the rules more than I do.

All your probations in that gay sports forum looked like bs.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Maybe one day I'll tell the story of the cucked admin and the dying soccer forum

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Yo rasheed, take a knee with a CB HMG is freaking nuts: http://xboxclips.com/Mechwarrior/ed587cae-ea24-4958-8b2f-ff34336c9f77

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

HM complete woo

Got the hand cannon twice :/

Got him in three cycles using melting point + weapons + three dudes using dark drinker R2s

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 21, 2016

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Dark Drinker aka Wrecks' mom

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The trials sniper is by far better than any other sniper in the entire game if I still played id use mine and also do goon account recoveries for 7 wins to help people out but I don't play anymore so sorry dudes

Pretty much the last trials gat I want. That and a prom from bounty drops.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got a saladmans virgil... I'm supposed to pass on Accelerated Coils, right? Perks are Hammer Forged/Injection Mold, Quickdraw/Accelerated Coils and Unflinching/Life Support. Seems decent enough

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

https://discord.gg/RERa2

I made a thing. I know lots of goons use PGS to find games but if you feel like joining a discord to coordinate runs or whatever then great go ahead and use this.

I'd personally like to use it for finding trials pals because PGS is a pain.

The link is good for another 15 hours or something so it's not working PM me here or holler at PSN sinaddr and I'll send you an invite.

Also made a new PS4 clan because now they're actually worth a poo poo in the new UI so if you want to join let me know as well.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Byne Crew

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So I dunno what the deal is but we're having some huge lag on the raid tonight. Like skiffs are invisible and the siege engine is not moving and just fun stuff like that.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/58jlsw/there_should_be_a_trials_emblem_only_given_to/

I don't do trials but find this hilarious, reddit wants an emblem for people who can't go flawless.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Keep trying buddy, if you keep peeking out you'll eventually get that headshot!

(my unbent tree is a loving cheat code)

http://i.imgur.com/HeRBraL.gifv

If you gonna snipe that hall, do it more like this!

http://i.imgur.com/rbxhJJL.mp4

(bad crucible sniper rifle but it's my highest light special and I was hoping for a heavy drop)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

texaholic posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/58jlsw/there_should_be_a_trials_emblem_only_given_to/

I don't do trials but find this hilarious, reddit wants an emblem for people who can't go flawless.

lol i like the mouse emblem though

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
It's true though that lovely redditors that haunt a game specific subforum while being terrible at said game are basically rats anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

It's true though that lovely redditors that haunt a game specific subforum while being terrible at said game are basically rats anyway

I play video games to chill n poo poo, not to curse and sigh heavily

• Locked thread