Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

->

sage has you covered with this dark/psychic cheshire cat pokemon line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

the pokedex has almost 230 pokemon, all original, and like 99% of them are great. not even exaggerating

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9dex

like half the names are stupid puns and i love it

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

malamar is like 90 times better than that cat (the cat is actually kinda cool tho)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jarbv posted:

malamar is like 90 times better than that cat (the cat is actually kinda cool tho)

well, malamar IS a pretty good pokemon

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Zore posted:

see the issue is

none of those are good

Turn your monitor on.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

This is the one Uranium poke I like.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Dark is pretty well balanced I feel. The only things I would change are removing fairy's bug resistance, buff ice a bit defensively, and nerf water a bit defensively.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

OneDeadman posted:

This is the one Uranium poke I like.

Wow glad thats not real!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

We live in a glorious age where a boxing yeti crab exists.

Lots of the new designs kinda look a bit like stuff out of Dragon Quest, which isn't a criticism I really dig all the new critters.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PSWII60 posted:

Dark is pretty well balanced I feel. The only things I would change are removing fairy's bug resistance, buff ice a bit defensively, and nerf water a bit defensively.

How would you nerf water? Add a weakness or remove a resistance?

Personally, I'd be interested in adding a poison resistance.

And for Ice, I'd like to remove the Rock weakness and add resistance to Ground and Water. It wouldn't make it great, but certainly more usable.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Space T Rex posted:

Wow glad thats not real!

um, rude, all ice pokemon are to be cherished

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Blooming Brilliant posted:

We live in a glorious age where a boxing yeti crab exists.

Lots of the new designs kinda look a bit like stuff out of Dragon Quest, which isn't a criticism I really dig all the new critters.

I think it's because they're designed with the 3D model in mind rather than just a strong portrait so they're solidly built and appealing from multiple angles

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Space T Rex posted:

Wow glad thats not real!

:same: but about all the fan pokemon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I think it's because they're designed with the 3D model in mind rather than just a strong portrait so they're solidly built and appealing from multiple angles

Yeah, the move to 3D really killed a lot of the stylistic sprites of the old games (Xatu, Sigilyph come immediately to mind).

Though it also breathed new life into a lot of mons.

Zore fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 21, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zore posted:

Yeah, the move to 3D really killed a lot of the stylistic sprites of the old games (Xatu, Sigilyph come immediately to mind).

They weren't killed by the move to 3D, they were killed because of the incredibly stupid idea that was Sky Battles.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

They weren't killed by the move to 3D, they were killed because of the incredibly stupid idea that was Sky Battles.
I agree, the only pokemon that were affected were those that could fly

but they looked really bad for a terrible idea of a gimmick battle

I wonder if it's fixed... :q:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

jarbv posted:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Z-moves do get affected by type immunities and are still gone for the battle if that happens. Oddly enough the start of the Z-move animation still plays. Z moves are also coded as only having 1 PP, so Protect/Detect blocking them will probably still waste them. Probably not gonna be the game changer Megas were.

Islands might have their own dexes this time around.

jarbv posted:

but they looked really bad for a terrible idea of a gimmick battle

I wonder if it's fixed... :q:

There was a screenshot of Skarmory still flying, so I doubt it.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 21, 2016

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Z-moves do get affected by type immunities and are still gone for the battle if that happens. Oddly enough the start of the Z-move animation still plays. Z moves are also coded as only having 1 PP, so Protect/Detect blocking them will probably still waste them. Probably not gonna be the game changer Megas were.

Islands might have their own dexes this time around.

There was a screenshot of Skarmory still flying, so I doubt it.

The island dexes are hosed up because Mimikyu is oniy on island 3
:(

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

:sweatdrop:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
People have been doing tests with Confusion, and it's also looking like Confusion's chance for hitting yourself got nerfed from 1/2 to 1/3.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this is the best gen ever

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the Hoppanero grass/fire line is a stroke of loving genius

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Zore posted:

How would you nerf water? Add a weakness or remove a resistance?

Personally, I'd be interested in adding a poison resistance.

I've always felt it should be the other way around and Water should be weak to Poison.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kerrrrrrr posted:

the Hoppanero grass/fire line is a stroke of loving genius

i think the pomparunt -> hyezuka line (dark to dark/fighting) is one of my personal favorites

(i chose the female sprites for the 2nd and 3rd forms cuz their pompadours are cuter)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Asses on fire, forever

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dexie posted:

I've always felt it should be the other way around and Water should be weak to Poison.

Yeah thats what I meant and mistyped there.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I could never get into Pokemon Uranium because the new designed Pokemon were so completely poo poo/Neopets territory.

Sage on the other hand has the best unofficial Pokemon roster that a good chunk of the artwork and designs could be official. I love the chupacabra so much.
It seems to take place in a desert region? Or South America? (I'm seeing a lot of Mexican and Mayan mythology sprinkled in a lot of the designs)

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 21, 2016

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Making water weak to poison would probably be how I do it too. It seems like the best option.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LemonLimeTime posted:

I could never get into Pokemon Uranium because the new designed Pokemon were so completely poo poo/Neopets territory.

Sage on the other hand has the best unofficial Pokemon roster that a good chunk of the artwork and designs could be official. I love the chupacabra so much.
It seems to take place in a desert region? Or South America? (I'm seeing a lot of Mexican and Mayan mythology sprinkled in a lot of the designs)

South American. It probably has a little of everything region wise. You start out in a snow area.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

South American. It probably has a little of everything region wise. You start out in a snow area.

That does explain all the early Ice types.

Shame that Sage has so many good looking mons, I will never get around to playing it but it looks neat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Stop posting fakes now that we're on the cusp of a new gen and I'm not familiar with the leaked Pokes. TIA.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also of note is that the sage pokedex has neither fairy types or megas, mainly because it was pretty much compiled before fairy came out and the devs don't want to set back development just to try and shoehorn in every new thing that happens in the meanwhile. from what i understand it's being worked on for sure, but it's a slow process.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
"Song of Mimikkyu"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi7g9LbBv8A

Some things of interest in this video:
-Fairy Z-move
-new location that looks like an abandoned theme park

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark