Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wow, replacing my pretty well geared level 40 Giparang with a two okay weapons and 3* counter armor Rin has made my arena team extremely strong. even without raid perfect weapons Rin has 82 speed or so, and i am running her in back with Rudy/Karma/Teo/Ace at the moment. i probably should level up 2-3 so i can put Rin and Teo in the back.

i think i am going to take Spike with my selector and replace Rudy with him, considering literally everyone but Ace has a void shield on the team and Ace can have a 15% defense accessory anyway, although maybe i need to put a block jewel on him in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

So we have Jake now, who is a tanky hero similar to Guan Yu or Diaochan. But he has a +20 cooldown increaser too which is pretty snazzy.

Also World 11, and World 8 drops improved. :toot:

But those GW bans though: Ace, Dellons, Giparang, Spike and Jave
Notably not banned: Teo, DQ, Rin, Karma

Free Raid Armor Selector from something too, not going to argue about a free spare +1050HP.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

believe it or not i actually think i've run out of units that ~need~ raid max hp armor, but considering how awakening interacts with that stat versus literally every other stat i think awakened hp raid armor may just be better on actual everyone who doesnt explicitly need counter.

its sort of disheartening to get 1% extra speed for 300k versus 800 extra hit points.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'm looking at my list of stuff I actively use (including Raid/CR) and that's putting me at needing like 17+ sets of armor still. A lot of that is for Raid 2 though, most of them are gonna get cheap +960 stuff in the mean time.

Hrm, actually wonder if DQ should get HP or CH gear.

Well that new Recommended Hero thing sure makes Awoken Raid a complete joke.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 20, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I finally got my ace.

SPD + HP and life steal or would I totally be loving that up?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well that new Recommended Hero thing sure makes Awoken Raid a complete joke.

i used to literally leave my phone running doing awoken raid while i did other poo poo and it took forever, this is the greatest thing ever

MarcusSA posted:

So I finally got my ace.

SPD + HP and life steal or would I totally be loving that up?

i am running Ace 2x speed, 2x hp with a life steal gem. i forget the other two. i am pretty sure we're friends so you can try out my Ace with basically that exact setup and see if you like it.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Typically Life Steal, Counter, Block Chance. Just anything to help keep him alive as long as possible. Accessories same thing, +HP is good but +Block Rate is alright too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok thanks guys.

I'll just leave him he way he is now which is pretty much what rabid has. I just threw my best stuff on him which was that raid gear drop they gave us too.

Also if I could get that drat drop from 6-10 I'd have my second Ace....

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'm 2 drops away from having the SWK Puzzle done and I can't be bothered to give a poo poo, not going to start working on SWK considering he's on his way out, and then the next puzzle is Lu Bu after that. Uhg.

Basically would have to finish 3 puzzles to get to the next useful thing which IIRC is Teo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah honestly after this one I'm not sure if I can be bothered to actually try and grind out another one. I just want my second drat Ace!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'm probably going to have to take Rin for my selector just to get Ace out of my lineup. I suspect the real reason Lunar Slash is such a gigantic liability is because it has a debuff component which makes the activation weight a lot higher than other similar skills (like say, Deadly Strike or Cold Strike). It's also the only one out of those three that's just utterly worthless, Deadly and Cold both hit 3x times and even still you'd much rather have basically any other skill than them.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Just got my Karma. Should I be stacking speed on him like all my other arena units?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yep. Pretty sure the only characters who don't want SPD/HP for Arena are Immortals and Rin, who want Counter.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
Is the thing where you're guaranteed to pull Karma after dropping X rubies still in effect? If so, for how long?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks for the selector tips!

I chose Eileen for the 7K selector and Ace for the 4L selector and have gotten both to 6*+5.

The only puzzle piece i need for Ace puzzle is Lina from world 8. 400 keys used in 8-1 and she has yet to drop!

With the ease at which i cleared the remaining medium and hard adventures up to world 7 with 3 stars after i got Karma/Eileen/Ace i am surprised how badly it goes in world 8 on easy. I can barely scrape it together to get to 8-13 but there i am hitting a wall. I was hoping i could clear the eastern empire with 3 stars to get those hero selector rewards but that aint happening.

I am still getting squashed like a bug in daily hard dungeon. I have upped my raid score from 15k'ish to 60k'ish and CR score from 45k'ish to 60k'ish.

I have both Spike and Lu Bu 4* and enough dark elements to take them both to 6* but nowhere near enough fodder to get them there. All the fodder i got from the 50 tickets for Karma is long gone.
The last 8 "rice cake + elemental + fodder for 2.5 power up to get 5 power ups due to the rice cake" things i have done did in fact only give 2,5 power ups...

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 20, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
ahaha jesus christ awakened raid is so much easier when you have +300% attack

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

With the ease at which i cleared the remaining medium and hard adventures up to world 7 with 3 stars after i got Karma/Eileen/Ace i am surprised how badly it goes in world 8 on easy. I can barely scrape it together to get to 8-13 but there i am hitting a wall. I was hoping i could clear the eastern empire with 3 stars to get those hero selector rewards but that aint happening.

Remember that Karma is Magic type and Eileen boosts Physical. Dunno what your adventure mode formation is but you'll lose a lot of damage if Karma is your man in the back row.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Remember that Karma is Magic type and Eileen boosts Physical. Dunno what your adventure mode formation is but you'll lose a lot of damage if Karma is your man in the back row.

I need to learn more about stuff like this. Eileen not boosting Karma is intuitive enough but figuring out which passive stack or not is very convoluted.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's not that bad, the rule is just that passive's of the same exact type don't stack. Doesn't matter if the source is a Passive/Actives/Accessory. It's just a bit confusing because there are so many different ways to increase damage output:

- Increase All Damage (Buff from Dellons/Karma/Lina)
- Increase Physical/Magic Damage (Buff from Eileen/Rin/Victoria/Bai Jiao)
- Increase Critical/Lethal Damage (Buff from Accessories)
- Decrease Enemy Defense (Debuff from Rachel/Zhuge)
- Increase Damage Received (Debuff from Ace/Alice)

The most confusing one is that +All Damage and +Physical or +Magical aren't the same thing, they all stack with each other, and +Damage doesn't effect things like healing skills where +Magic does.

Also, Accessories count as Buffs for whatever reason so they don't stack with other Passives/Actives. But Jewels don't so they stack with everything (similar to gear/masteries).

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
As with someone else who posted a bit ago, I'm having trouble breaking out of 1700 in arena. What's the strongest comp of the heroes below (shortened to those I know to be good in PvP)? Additionally, if there are some heroes to shoot for acquiring, what would they be? I assume Teo and Karma would be at the top of that list?

6*
Bi Dam (32)
Eileene
Yu Shin (32)
Dellons
Rin
Black Rose
Ace (34)
Giparang
Rudy
Spike

5*
Sun Wukong
Ming Ming
Da Qiao

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Depends on how built your various 6*s are obviously. But probably something like:
SWK, Rin / Black Rose, Spike, Ace

You'd swap DQ in for Black Rose, Karma in for Ace, and maybe Teo for SWK. But that's just the 'ideal' setup and obviously what gear and levels you have on them matters significantly as well.

Like if your SWK is fully geared up you can go ham with a Defensive setup for him, and you'll pull in a lot of wins by virtual of getting a ton of clones and stun locking the other team to death.

Or if your Rudy is really good (though at 30 he probably isn't) you can run a Tank team in Offensive pretty effectively, but the power of that tends to scale significantly with levels and with the more passive healing and Immortals you have.

And it's not like heroes like Yu Shin or Giparang aren't good either, if you've got a ton of gear on them they may carry you better for now than other choices would.

Karma and Teo are definitely up there on heroes to acquire for PvP. Karma just kind of in general due to his usefulness across the board. 32 Rin might be better than spreading too thin as well, I'd probably say get a 32 Rin before a Teo.
Beelining for a high leveled DQ is a good option as well since she's a normal hero.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
So I'm kind of confused should I NOT pick Ace? I have none of the Four Lords at all.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ace is very good, you should definitely pick him first and get him to 32 if possible.

Mostly we're bellyaching because for PvP specifically he's hard to keep alive and Lunar Slash has an annoying tendency to fire off constantly and it's pretty much outright terrible short of getting a lucky hit on an un-buffed Rudy. He's still good for PvP (and was God tier up until fairly recently) but he also likes to be very frustrating.

He's great and pretty much essential for a number of PvE modes.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Ok, thanks. Yeah I've hit a brick wall in PVE, think I am at 8-13 actually so anything that can get me past that would be great!

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Thanks for the advice! From the way you listed the team layout, are you suggesting to use the 2 back/3 front formation? Is that generally the best for arena regardless of comp?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

im freaking the heck out posted:

Ok, thanks. Yeah I've hit a brick wall in PVE, think I am at 8-13 actually so anything that can get me past that would be great!

Ace will help a lot there because you'll just be able to do enough damage to steamroll through a lot of those levels. Jave is the dude who carried me through all that poo poo because his skills are just geared straight up for Adventure, but it's hard to recommend blowing any selector for him.

You can also try using Yu Shin for those levels. Dropping a Lightning on the second round helps buy you a ton of time you don't have to deal with Hold Your Position or healing or whatever.

I found World 8 through 10 pretty tough until I was running with Dellons/Ace/Eileen and now they're pretty much a joke. Karma would probably make it even moreso.

Speaking of Karma, wow Infernal Redemption :staredog:
Think I'm going to just throw my freebie maxed raid armor from this morning onto him and replace Dellons immediately. I've had like 10 matches today that started with Lunar Slash -> Deadly Strike -> Cold Strike. I'll slap that stun acc on Teo to help cover CC instead.

s1ppycup posted:

Thanks for the advice! From the way you listed the team layout, are you suggesting to use the 2 back/3 front formation? Is that generally the best for arena regardless of comp?

It's a really common one because you still have a very significant power boost to your back row while having a decent number of meat shields on your front line. All of the formations are okay with the right team though, and you want to have them all maxed out eventually anyway. Plus meta changing all the time etc etc.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

I am still getting squashed like a bug in daily hard dungeon. .

Dellons was the missing piece of the puzzle that got me into clearing Hard dailies. Not wasting a turn on Lina's buff is nice, but having access to that AoE silence is clutch. Why they arbitrarily decided that silence works when every other CC doesn't is beyond me.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

s1ppycup posted:

Is the thing where you're guaranteed to pull Karma after dropping X rubies still in effect? If so, for how long?

It's supposed to be up until the 31st.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually wasnt completely paying attention to my Karma draws and I don't know if I got lucky on my fifth draw and got a Karma and I still have a free one coming or if did six draws and got the free one. Wasting 250 rubies isnt that big of a deal i guess but i've been too sick to farm rubies lately

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Costumes end on the 27th, as well, iirc. Still gotta get Rudy before then!

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

I actually wasnt completely paying attention to my Karma draws and I don't know if I got lucky on my fifth draw and got a Karma and I still have a free one coming or if did six draws and got the free one. Wasting 250 rubies isnt that big of a deal i guess but i've been too sick to farm rubies lately

Once you draw a Karma, there is no more guaranteed one left to draw. IE if you draw a karma on your 34th pull, it removed the one that would have shown up as your 51st.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fenris13 posted:

Once you draw a Karma, there is no more guaranteed one left to draw. IE if you draw a karma on your 34th pull, it removed the one that would have shown up as your 51st.

oh so if you got lucky and drew a karma from a 30 ruby pull the guaranteed one just wont drop then? thats probably for the best

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Not true, if you pull a random Karma along the way you are still guaranteed to get one after your 50th pull: https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/57eej4/question_about_event_for_karma/

E: Oh Awoken Raid caps at 25 apparently.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 21, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So i cant rank up my Spike because he is on a team, aparently (he isn't) and when i try to "remove all" it says something about not being allowed to completely disband my guild war team...

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

So i cant rank up my Spike because he is on a team, aparently (he isn't) and when i try to "remove all" it says something about not being allowed to completely disband my guild war team...

you can only remove/ add to your guild war team on certain days: m,w,th,sat. Tues,fri,sun are battle days and cant change team members. if you want to rank up someone on your guild war team you can only do it on the prep days.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

applebane posted:

you can only remove/ add to your guild war team on certain days: m,w,th,sat. Tues,fri,sun are battle days and cant change team members. if you want to rank up someone on your guild war team you can only do it on the prep days.

That is an odd feature.

He is not on a guild war team though, i have never participated in that activity...

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay

Ineptitude posted:

That is an odd feature.

He is not on a guild war team though, i have never participated in that activity...

Is he your leader? If you never built a guild war team your leader is automatically placed on the team so you don't just give people an auto-win.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Speaking of Guild Wars...I don't get it. Can someone break it down for me like I'm an idiot? How can I best participate for the good of the guild?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Amperor posted:

Speaking of Guild Wars...I don't get it. Can someone break it down for me like I'm an idiot? How can I best participate for the good of the guild?

It's Guild vs Guild PVP broken into two phases: Preparation and battle. The preparation phase is the only time you can change the makeup of your team. Once the preparation phase is over your team is locked in for the battle phase with your opponent guild. You have to check your team makeup as some characters are banned in Guild Wars. Who isn't set in stone, lack week it was Rudy, Sun Wu Kong, Da Qiao, and Lin. Before that nobody was banned. If you have a banned character in your team they are entirely excluded from battle.

In the battle phase you take your team and you can fight twice. You can look at the opposing guild and pick who you fight. Ideally you attack players that you can beat but not the weakest players so that players in your guild that aren't as strong as you can pick them off. Once you pick your opponent you enter a PVP fight just like the arena: It's entirely AI controlled.

The goal is to collect coins: Every player in each guild starts with three coins. If you defeat an opponent you take some of their coins. I don't know the key factor in how many coins you take (capped at how many coins they still have) except I get more the harder I beat the opponent. Any coins you win can't be taken back and aren't part of the coins you hold: If you win three coins but are attacked and lose three coins, you can't lose any more coins since the three you won aren't up for grabs. Whoever has more coins at the end of the battle phase wins and gets a victor's treasure chest. The loser gets a participation chest that's afaik just +100 honor.

When you're looking for opponents you can pan the map, the weakest players are usually in the bottom corners of the map that isn't immediately visible. The exact order is based on the total # of coins each member of the guild has accumulated throughout the Guild Wars season: The more coins you have the higher in the castle you are. I am actually just a giant idiot, ignore that bit I said! I have no idea how the order is determined.

I've only been doing Guild Wars since joining the goon guild so I'm not too sure on many of the details, this is just what I've noticed by playing. Hopefully Gwyrgyn Blood has another great info bomb about this to clear anything up that I missed/was wrong about.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Scrublord Prime posted:

When you're looking for opponents you can pan the map, the weakest players are usually in the bottom corners of the map that isn't immediately visible. The exact order is based on the total # of coins each member of the guild has accumulated throughout the Guild Wars season: The more coins you have the higher in the castle you are.

Is this just based on the previous season or what? Because I'm #3 in my current guild right now but I'm still sitting down in slot 21.

The number of coins you take is apparently based on a similar metric to Adventure mode star ratings. Beat the other team too slow and you lose a coin. Lose one or more members you lose a coin. I don't know the exact cutoffs for how it's scored but that's vaguely how it goes, I suspect it's like Adventure mode where there's a hidden 'score' rating and if you wipe the other team fast enough it doesn't matter if you lost anyone or not.

I kind of wonder if high end teams tend to run Rudy a lot in GW just to stall out the timer.

Hmm, who is the best dedicated healer who isn't Karon? I am realizing that with karma on raid1 and dellons on raid2 I don't need Linas buff active, but the AI still casts it anyway. So maybe someone like Yui or Alice instead.

E: Crap it's probably Lucy isn't it.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 22, 2016

• Locked thread