Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry, meant the stellaris patch
The eu4 patch owns tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah EU4 is more awesome than ever before, and theres even ways you can see the institution system being even more fleshed out in future updates. Excited about the future of EU

The new finnish dev team ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

Sorry, meant the stellaris patch
The eu4 patch owns tho

Oh I didnt actually know it was getting patched, I havent kept up with Stellaris much

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I just bought Leviathans, I'm pretty pumped to get back into Stellaris. I've been itching to play it for a while but with the big patch looming around the corner I've held off.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Yeah I meant stellaris but now I want to try eu4 again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jackie D posted:

Yeah I meant stellaris but now I want to try eu4 again

I guess I could just look up notes but whats up with the changes?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
e: i'm illiterate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just went to launch EUIV and it had uninstalled itself from my hard drive at some point in the last 3 days. What the hell?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I just went to launch EUIV and it had uninstalled itself from my hard drive at some point in the last 3 days. What the hell?

Devs always steal the best ideas from mods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait it was just marked as uninstalled. When I click install it just went back to being playable. Bizarre

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TFW your 5/3/4 heir dies randomly and you get a 3/1/1 to replace him.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really wish you had more than one heir. Like maybe it doesn't show you their stats but you can see that if you heir dies you won't get another age 0 gently caress head who will be stuck in a long rear end regency and dumpster your legitimacy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I really wish you had more than one heir. Like maybe it doesn't show you their stats but you can see that if you heir dies you won't get another age 0 gently caress head who will be stuck in a long rear end regency and dumpster your legitimacy

Yeah for the next steps on EU I want them to flesh out the heir system and integrate the Ledger into actual mechanics instead of being some lofty godlike thing. I would love to gather Intel on rivals and stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I vassalized Golden Horde 💯💯💯💯

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i know they say they don't want to add too many ck2 mechanics to eu4 but come on this is the period where the habsburgs ended up in half of europe's kingdoms. dynastic politics should be way more involved than claim throne -> war -> PU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Things are going smoothly. Helping Sweden in their struggle in independence from Denmark, nobody in the world wants to gently caress with me except for Lithuania who is starting to balloon aggressively, which will be a major problem when they decide to declare war. How much warscore do you need to succesfully declare independence? Because the war has just been at a total stand still for like a year with neither side moving troops anywhere and 80% of denmark et al's territories occupied and sweden wont pull the trigger. I have half a mind to just back out with a separate peace and steal a port from Denmark.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also liked the text on this event today, haventt seen it before

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

:tem:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

hahaha

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The new Stellaris patch is cool

strong bird
May 12, 2009

In Training posted:

yeah thats a good event

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol Civ 6 ftw

quote:

I had this thought watching the streams, but felt confident the devs wouldn't allow it. However, it turns out this is how it works..

Gold purchases cost 4 gold/hammer. When you disband units you get 2 gold/hammer. Scythia builds 2 units for the price of one with 100% production bonus from a military policy. You do the math. If you want you can even add in +25% production boost towards classical units from a pantheon and maybe meet some militaristic city state to get free hammers to even further boost this exploit.

I tried this and my capital making 17 hammers/turn kept building double horsemen in 2 turns. Then I could immediately sell them for 320 gold and purchase 80 hammers worth of production in any city. So basically a empire wide hammer transfer at greater than 2:1 ratio. Not bad! Any civ can use the 100% production towards mounted or naval units to transfer hammers at 1:1 ratio (better if you have additional bonuses to military production or CS boosts). And any civ can exploit Venetian Arsenal to transfer hammers at 2:1 ratio. Or maybe pump out a ton of naval units with Venetian Arsenal to sell before you build Big Ben and transfer the hammers at 4:1 ratio...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:downsbravo:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

oh wow a civ game is busted at launch, how surprising.

said no one not retarded, ever.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

civ looks like it has potential but not buying it at launch was probably the smart choice

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I would never buy a game on release day thats incomplete but has the potential to be good hahaha *quickly shoves stellaris into the closet*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

Yeah I would never buy a game on release day thats incomplete but has the potential to be good hahaha *quickly shoves stellaris into the closet*

*lols but quickly becomes pensive nodding in empathy*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Getting double the units you build is incredibly unbalanced, only less so than Japan's bullshit ability in V tha let them fight at full strength even at 1 health

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Beyond Earth was the worst strategy game I ever played I'm not trusting Firaxis anymore. The company probably died when Soren Johnson and the team of 1-4 hosed off.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Has anyone actually bought and played Civ 6 yet

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

My friend Zach has.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

My friend Zach has.

What does Zach think?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

What does Zach think?

I asked him, but he's having too much fun playing to respond to my text messages.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

yeah, it's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My name is also Zach, and I had fun with it, as well.