Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Fuligin posted:

Did anyone make a sign up or group or something for PS4?

I did, pretty sure it's called Battlefield Goons or something like that. I posted it a few pages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?

Fingers McGee posted:

I tried out Origin Access on PC last night to see if I could get the full version to run better than the beta. Unfortunately my 670 just isn't cutting it, and on some maps the frames dip so often it's hard to play. So I'm sticking with the original plan of playing on PS4 on Friday. The other maps are pretty cool. I wanted to try operations but there wasn't enough people playing it.

I have a Gtx 670 2gb and it runs med/high fine as long as I have shadows down to low. Paired with a 5 year old i5 2500k @4.3ghz and I have zero issues. Just for comparison.

Though I'll be mainly playing on xbone since I home share with somebody. Yay half priced games.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Avail posted:

I have a Gtx 670 2gb and it runs med/high fine as long as I have shadows down to low. Paired with a 5 year old i5 2500k @4.3ghz and I have zero issues. Just for comparison.

Though I'll be mainly playing on xbone since I home share with somebody. Yay half priced games.

Nice I'm on a 2500k @4.3 too. It seemed to be working better yesterday, I'll test some more tonight.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I take back what I said, the field gun is the ultimate sniper troll. I wish i could reenlist as artillery right now, holy poo poo this is way too much fun.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fingers McGee posted:

Nice I'm on a 2500k @4.3 too. It seemed to be working better yesterday, I'll test some more tonight.

Switch to the 372.90 drivers if you're using 373.06. 372.90 are better than the latest until they drop Game Ready drivers. I'm using 372.90 on a 1070 and my FPS jumped up around 20/30 on ultra versus 373.06 so you might get some benefit.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
lmao this is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hnRJ0j0Mqo

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Added my info to the Google doc. Sadly I won't be able to play for the first week or so due to work travel but I'll binge it when I get back. Usually play weekends and EST nights.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm sure I'm just being reactionary and butthurt but I loving hate the blimp in Operations.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

I'm sure I'm just being reactionary and butthurt but I loving hate the blimp in Operations.

It goes down wicked fast if everyone shoots the metal pods under it instead of just the blimp in general. Even a basic mounted machine gun can do some serious damage to it if you aim there, plus you can kill the gunners.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

V for Vegans posted:

It goes down wicked fast if everyone shoots the metal pods under it instead of just the blimp in general. Even a basic mounted machine gun can do some serious damage to it if you aim there, plus you can kill the gunners.

Ok I'll try that. I just hate getting mowed down out in the open by blanket fire.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

Ok I'll try that. I just hate getting mowed down out in the open by blanket fire.

Yeah, it sucks getting killed over and over by it, and I think it's just made worse by the fact that it's currently balanced for people to know it's weak point, but since the game just came out most players are shooting the blimp part instead and assuming it'll do enough damage. I imagine that after a few months the blimp will be going down rather quickly once the majority of the player base knows how to deal with it, but then again it's pubbies to we'll see.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Party Plane Jones posted:

Switch to the 372.90 drivers if you're using 373.06. 372.90 are better than the latest until they drop Game Ready drivers. I'm using 372.90 on a 1070 and my FPS jumped up around 20/30 on ultra versus 373.06 so you might get some benefit.

Wow things sound bleak on the PS4 side. Glad this doesn't happen on Xbox.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
^^LOL

So, do I have to set a setting to NOT defend or be german all the time? Or is it just coincidence? Because holy poo poo...

[edit] In a similar vein, what's up with the "weather"? Does it change, ever? I feel like every map I play is just a washed out fog/smoke hellhole. Makes seeing a challenge.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 20, 2016

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Friendly reminder to add the "Battlegoons" group on ps4 to make finding parties and crushing pubbies easier :coolfish:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chemmy posted:

Wow things sound bleak on the PS4 side. Glad this doesn't happen on Xbox.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 21, 2016

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Just like game graphics during the 1910s...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Lmfao :dice:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Joined ps4 bro community. How do you join on other goons? there's only options for inviting people to my personal hell.

E: nevermind, i only check the list while i'm waiting for a game to load.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

red19fire posted:

Joined ps4 bro community. How do you join on other goons? there's only options for inviting people to my personal hell.

E: nevermind, i only check the list while i'm waiting for a game to load.

If another Goon in the community is in a party, you'll see it in the Community Party area and you can join them from there. It's pretty cool.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Friendly reminder to add the "Battlegoons" group on ps4 to make finding parties and crushing pubbies easier :coolfish:

Request sent.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
An hour and a half to go according to my ps4. Sent a request to battlegoons.

Just wanna kalibri people all day

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Wow sweet there is no way to back out of a queue

Oh and no way to quit after a match despite that being patched into bf3 and 4 :bravo:

Laserface fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 21, 2016

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Laserface posted:

Wow sweet there is no way to back out of a queue

Oh and no way to quit after a match despite that being patched into bf3 and 4 :bravo:

You've got like 10 seconds after a match finishes to quit :dice:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah, on Xbox you press Y to quit after a match, but the option goes away after about 10 seconds. A great design choice.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

RCarr posted:

Yeah, on Xbox you press Y to quit after a match, but the option goes away after about 10 seconds. A great design choice.

Oh, you wanted to look at the final scoreboard and see if you got a battlesnack drop before you quit out? Well gently caress you then, punk.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I couldn't resist. :iamafag:

https://giant.gfycat.com/HomelyImaginativeFrigatebird.mp4

This game is a lot of fun.

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay
hello lads. its about that time again.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So am I encountering a bug? I'm playing the campaign (CURSE YOU PSN! WHY ARE YOU DOWN?!) and it literally says HOLD R2 TO REPAIR THE TANK. (Black Bess)

R2 fires my loving gun into the tank... sooooo?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know how but the quick tips they give you aren't mapped to the buttons they are supposed to be mapped to :dice:

Oh and this issue was on the beta too

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't know how but the quick tips they give you aren't mapped to the buttons they are supposed to be mapped to :dice:

Oh and this issue was on the beta too

Actually R2 was correct. I just didn't have a wrench in my possession for some loving reason??

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Amazon updated to say mine will be showing up tomorrow instead of Tuesday. I'm still going to Gamestop today. When the copy shows up I'll either refuse delivery or open it and return it to Gamestop with my receipt from the first purchase.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I am loving this game. I'm actually fairly good with the starter Medic rifle, and killing snipers with it from a distance makes me feel like a champ.

My biggest bitch is that the menus are laggy as all hell. I know on PC it was due to something regarding transparency, and I hope they fix it soon, because going into my loadout on the main screen and trying to swap between the classes can take forever.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

RIP medic paddles, hello medic syringe

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Holy poo poo, it actually shows the syringe fill as you pull the plunger? My TV must be too dark to see that. Makes sense since during the whole "adjust your brightness so the emblem is barely visible", the emblem was completely invisible even at 100% brightness.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Chemmy posted:

RIP medic paddles, hello medic syringe

My new head canon is AIDS.

Edit: More contemporary option is syphilis.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Beastie posted:

My new head canon is AIDS.

Edit: More contemporary option is syphilis.

Time to go poz some neg holes!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

StevoMcQueen posted:

Time to go poz some neg holes!

People might finally understand my gamertag!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

My leg has been shaking at my desk all day. I only got to play the beta for like 1.5 hours. I've been salivating at the xbros videos. I'm glad we finally have something that will bring the band back together.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Am I crazy or is there no ammo to be found anywhere in the single player?

Also, what happened to spotting? I can spot someone but they don't turn up on the mini map. But they do if they're spotted by the flare gun. but not on the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Ok all you loving degenerates; I've accepted everyone who tried to join the PS4 "Battlegoons" group so far. Keep em coming!