Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Everyone at this dinner looks like they're dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If you want to watch this without the GAS THE JEWS chat spam sidebar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGgxr4Sxoas

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Lmao what dipshit thought it was a good idea to put one person in between the nominees? I mean I know they used to be friends but Jesus people have some critical thinking about your seating arrangements it's like putting two hateful exes with one mutual friend between them at a movie theater.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

woke wedding drone posted:

If Texas goes blue we can all stop talking about Austin like it's the only good part of the state

Austin is a gentrified hipster wasteland full of immigrants from California, I highly recommend you move to San Antonio or Houston.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
(((catholics)))

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress Dolan he told people to rather then resign if they could not in their conscious approve marriage license to pull a Kim Davis while then being fine with giving a warmonger like Bush a voice at notredame he also took part in downplaying the abuse.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

Lmao what dipshit thought it was a good idea to...

It is a good idea.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Bass Concert Hall posted:

Austin is a gentrified hipster wasteland full of immigrants from California, I highly recommend you move to San Antonio or Houston.

Austin is the worst part of the state and I say that as a lifelong Houstonian with a sacred duty to hate Dallas more than the Devil himself.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Trump's not actually that clever though. He goes with his gut and with what the people around him say.

Yeah, more about that: http://www.vox.com/2016/8/29/12691276/trump-believe-flop-flop

quote:

What does Donald Trump believe? Whatever the last person to talk to him does, apparently.

This throwaway line in a Washington Post article by Robert Costa about the latest split within the Donald Trump campaign over whether to flip-flop on immigration is one of the more terrifying things I’ve ever seen people inside a campaign admit about their candidate:

"Trump tends to echo the words of whomever last spoke to him, making direct access to him even more valuable, the people said, requesting anonymity to talk about internal campaign discussions."

This is an absolutely terrifying trait in a potential president of the United States.

This would explain why after Bannon joined his team he suddenly started spewing breitbart talking points verbatim.

The man has no discernible conscience or thoughts of his own, and is totally undisciplined and unsophisticated - he just repeats what other people think. The mark of someone used to paying others to do his thinkywork for him.

This mentality also extends to stuff like thinking he's a tax genius because he paid someone to do the thinkywork on his taxes: https://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/i-did-all-the-work-ex-trump-accountant-slaps-down-candidates-brilliant-knowledge-of-the-tax-code/

quote:

‘I did all the work’: Ex-Trump accountant slaps down candidate’s ‘brilliant’ knowledge of tax code

Donald Trump’s campaign has come up with an interesting way to spin revelations that he may not have paid income taxes for 18 years: Namely, that this shows he’s a “brilliant” businessman who’s uniquely qualified to fix our broken tax code.

However, Mediaite points out that Trump’s former accountant appeared on Inside Edition this week to pour ice water on that particular talking point.

“I did all the tax preparation,” accountant Jack Mitnick told Inside Edition when asked if Trump played any role in doing his own taxes. “He never saw the product until it was presented to him for signature… I’m the one who did all the work.”

Mitnick, incidentally, was the accountant cited in the leaked 1995 tax returns that showed Trump managed to lose more than $1 billion in a year.

All told, it sounds like the only thing “brilliant” about Trump’s ability to avoid taxes was being born rich enough to hire a top-notch accountant.

Trump is a walking embodiment of all the worst things about the ultra-rich. In this case, hiring other people to do stuff for you and then stealing credit for it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

For anybody watching the Al dinner, please make sure to take note of how Donald doesn't laugh and has never laughed and how creepy it is

I'll be watching to see if he actually does now that he's given up on truly winning

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Is there a reason why Bill Clinton wasn't invited in '96?

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Lolll I didn't see this yet

https://twitter.com/jackdanger/status/788957216120254464

Trump's imaginary friends

Bernie did this same thing in an email with an animated gif. It's normal and it's stupid.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

On Terra Firma posted:

It is a good idea.

Imo it's a sin to put any woman within a mile of Donald Trump. Hillary Clinton is a hero for even being in the same room as him for a debate while he fucks chairs and tears up his notes in a tantrum like the small-handed baby he is.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Spacedad posted:

Yeah, more about that: http://www.vox.com/2016/8/29/12691276/trump-believe-flop-flop

This would explain why after Bannon joined his team he suddenly started spewing breitbart talking points verbatim.

The man has no discernible conscience or thoughts of his own, and is totally undisciplined and unsophisticated - he just repeats what other people think. The mark of someone used to paying others to do his thinkywork for him.

This mentality also extends to stuff like thinking he's a tax genius because he paid someone to do the thinkywork on his taxes: https://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/i-did-all-the-work-ex-trump-accountant-slaps-down-candidates-brilliant-knowledge-of-the-tax-code/

Trump is a walking embodiment of all the worst things about the ultra-rich. In this case, hiring other people to do stuff for you and then stealing credit for it.

If we get Sanders, Kaine, and Biden to team up and constantly get the last word to him he could be a good president. I'd say Warren, Clinton and Obama... but there's things he may not respect about them.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ughhhffff his speech

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

He starts the speech off insulting people

[haha-yess-yessss.jpg]

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Crowsbeak posted:

gently caress Dolan he told people to rather then resign if they could not in their conscious approve marriage license to pull a Kim Davis while then being fine with giving a warmonger like Bush a voice at notredame he also took part in downplaying the abuse.
Is there any US Catholic bishop that isn't a complete regressive shithead? :smith:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
lol, hes terrible.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Nice pandering

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Got my mail-in ballot today. +1 for Clinton in Hawaii. Utterly meaningless here save for running up the national score against the corncob. gently caress Trump forever.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
SO That indiana Voter Fraud thing that happened a week or so ago spurred this press release

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter posted:

“I would like to thank Secretary of State Connie Lawson for her diligence in contacting Indiana State Police detectives and reporting that thousands of paper form voter registration applications were changed, including dates of birth and first names. Given our ongoing investigation, Secretary Lawson believed this could be further evidence of voter fraud and immediately contacted Indiana State Police detectives who were working on the case. We are grateful to Secretary Lawson for her prompt attention to this matter.

“Let me be clear: Among the highest priorities of the Indiana State Police is ensuring the integrity of this election and that every Hoosier vote counts.

“Because of these new revelations, the magnitude of the possible fraud involved and with the election less than three weeks away, I have directed all available resources within the Indiana State Police to assist with this investigation. Given the fact that the Statewide Voter Registration System has not been compromised, we believe the reports Secretary Lawson turned over yesterday may serve as evidence of forgery by representatives associated with the Indiana Voter Registration Project, which is a subsidiary organization of a group that calls itself Patriot Majority USA.

“It is very important to recognize that instead of telling Hoosiers they would cooperate with our investigation and working with Indiana officials to get to the bottom of the fraud issue, Patriot Majority USA instead launched a partisan advertising campaign accusing Governor Pence of leading a ‘government attack against’ Hoosiers and the Indiana State Police of ‘police intimidation.’

“This is completely false and I condemn these attacks on the Governor and Indiana State Police in the strongest possible terms. Furthermore, Patriot Majority’s claim that our investigation began at the direction of Governor Pence is false. Governor Pence has never asked me or anyone in the Indiana State Police to initiate any investigation. Any suggestion to the contrary is offensive to me personally and the more than 1,000 troopers who serve with integrity and distinction every single day. The leadership of Patriot Majority should be ashamed of itself for suggesting otherwise.

“This investigation began with a concerned citizen alerting county election officials to dozens of voter application forms with grave discrepancies that indicated the possibility of fraud and forgery. Election officials called the Indiana State Police and a detective responded and determined further investigation was warranted.

“Our investigation currently spans 56 of Indiana’s 92 counties and has more than two dozen state police detectives diligently reviewing thousands of suspect voter application forms.

“While I cannot speak to the specifics of this investigation I have the highest level of confidence there will be County Prosecutors in multiple Indiana counties who will hold a number of people criminally responsible for their actions.

“We at the Indiana State Police have one goal: To enforce the laws of Indiana, and in this case, the laws associated with voter registration to ensure every Hoosier who is eligible to vote can cast a vote with confidence that their vote will count and they will not be disenfranchised as a result of the criminal actions of others.”

Of Course Trump conservatives in my state have latched onto as proof the deck is stacked against him and some have stated this will lead to DNC indictments... Yeah... :wtc:

Also such a BRILLIANT use of resources here...

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

SgtScruffy posted:

He starts the speech off insulting people

[haha-yess-yessss.jpg]

It's sort of a roast traditionally.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Bernie did this same thing in an email with an animated gif. It's normal and it's stupid.

Just like your face! :boom:

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

davecrazy posted:

It's sort of a roast traditionally.

Oh no, I meant that he started with like "All of you loved me, and now you should be ashamed because you've turned your back". It wasnt a roast

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Trump is very robotic

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Spiffster posted:

Also such a BRILLIANT use of resources here...

well at least it gets them off the streets so they aren't murdering black people

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I feel like these are pity laughs. Trump isn't funny at all and his delivery sucks. Jesus man at least practice your delivery Trump.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
his pardon me bit was good.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mr Hootington posted:

his pardon me bit was good.

his delivery sucked, bigly

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Agrajag posted:

I feel like these are pity laughs. Trump isn't funny at all and his delivery sucks. Jesus man at least practice your delivery Trump.

The "pardon me" line was a decent of dark humour. But everything else has just been poo poo though.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
The writers were good, but he's butchering good comedy.

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug
I laughed at the "pardon me" joke

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Even with the joke about his wife "it wasn't her fault!"

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

good writers, bad delivery.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Melania joke is good..

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
they could have been good jokes if his delivery didn't suck so bigly. Cheeto can't deliver a punch line to save his life.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ok the melania one was funny but way too telegraphed and trump making jokes at the expense of women is kind of ruined at this point, even if it'd be a funny joke from anyone else.

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug
Lol at all the boos for the corruption line

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

wow, no punchline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
he is bombing and it is great.

• Locked thread