Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
looks like dumb WoW poo poo "more spikes plz"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
I guess they didn't think anyone one would remember GW1 armor

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Man I would love some of my old gw1 skins back.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Visidan posted:

what if they were just hanging out with loved ones and the armor misfired and killed like 3 people??????

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Johnny Joestar posted:

what if they were just hanging out with loved ones and the armor misfired and killed like 3 people??????

raids are basically armour licences

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

neongrey posted:

Man I would love some of my old gw1 skins back.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it needs to shoot off sparks that light the greenery on fire whenever it transforms into a porcupine for that classic guild wars 2 touch

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

i said some of my old armour skins, not yours.

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
If only we had more medium armor skins without capes and trench coats

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Bitch, please.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So i find myself with time to play GW2 again.

How did the EU raid work out? Full every week with people on the bench or generally lacking members? Is there still room to join? Which professions are desired?

I enjoy playing necro but am a bit concerned about the changes they received in the most recent patch. We all know how fickle pubbie mids are and how they react to changes, particularly in terms of accepting certain professions into their groups or not. Is getting into groups going to be a problem for necro going forward?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah, but not because pubbies are fickle jackasses. Necro is legit pretty bad at DPS now, Ele Thief and Guard all do close to half again as much damage as a Necro

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

orcane posted:

That's not medium armor, medium armor would have retractable trenchcoats.

adam jensen shades would be pretty rad

CaptainSwanky posted:

poo poo that body armour is pretty awesome

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Legendary armor should have just been a blob of light that completely obfuscates the sight of your character because it's better we can't see any Rats, Plants, Cattes, Sluts or Drunks.

Edit: For reference:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CaptainSwanky posted:

Scepter / Sword on Guardian also bring Might and Fury. From what I understand, they are comparable damage assuming you don't interrupt the Sword chain. I'd imagine that will give Guardian a good shot at getting placed into raid groups, while Thief is mostly hosed.

No, thiefs are actually on the same level. Both d/d thief and staff daredevil. Since 100% quickness was not lost, those 2 classes don't suck all the sudden. And yeah, ranger, condi ranger of all things, is also good and kick rear end.

Edit:

Magres posted:

Yeah, but not because pubbies are fickle jackasses. Necro is legit pretty bad at DPS now, Ele Thief and Guard all do close to half again as much damage as a Necro

Uh, you mean ele, thief and guard does like double. And so does condi ranger, whi benefits from alacrity btw. Super trap drops gently caress yeah.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 21, 2016

Aug 24, 2011

"loving aids"

-a guy who started attacking my dragonhunter before realising what build i'm running

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

Ineptitude posted:

How did the EU raid work out? Full every week with people on the bench or generally lacking members? Is there still room to join? Which professions are desired?

EU raid is every monday at 1800 UTC. We usually get 10 people but not all of them are regulars (yet). We will reserve a spot for anyone who ask for it so :getin: before we're full.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sprite141 posted:

No, thiefs are actually on the same level. Both d/d thief and staff daredevil. Since 100% quickness was not lost, those 2 classes don't suck all the sudden. And yeah, ranger, condi ranger of all things, is also good and kick rear end.

Thief is hosed under the assumption that 2 Mesmers becomes meta, so Alacrity uptime is now meaningful, and in actual raid settings Guardian and Ele will bring both more damage and utility. Obviously this can still be offset by comparing a bad/typical Ele with a top level Thief, but the general answer to "hey, you need deeps, so can I run thief?" has changed from "sure, w/e" to "ehhhh....maybe not" post patch.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

AnacondaHL posted:

Thief is hosed under the assumption that 2 Mesmers becomes meta, so Alacrity uptime is now meaningful, and in actual raid settings Guardian and Ele will bring both more damage and utility. Obviously this can still be offset by comparing a bad/typical Ele with a top level Thief, but the general answer to "hey, you need deeps, so can I run thief?" has changed from "sure, w/e" to "ehhhh....maybe not" post patch.

And? It went from good dps about equal to guards and condi ranger to good dps with better options. Thief was pretty up there to begin with, and I associate being hosed to being nerfed. This wasn't a nerf to their damage, it's a buff to other classes potential.

Like if it made them worse than what they were before then that's being hosed. Now there is just some better options, but thief still has pretty decent enough dps. Which all in all is no reason not to use them, aside from the whole offsetting 2 mesmers worth of terrible dps. Which is actually a pretty big deal...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

CaptainSwanky posted:

Sekkira posted:

Bitch, please.

Visidan posted:

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
These are the ugliest princesses I've ever seen.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

knowonecanknow posted:

These are the ugliest princesses I've ever seen.

That's the golden age of ANet and you won't be around here long saying things like 'GW1 wasn't a perfect game'.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
So, do these ones turn into bobsleds when you enter combat?

Sair
May 11, 2007

Don't joke about the Luge Wars.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Anet already had bots they test the game with, and even the players have access to the DPS test area. Why don't they test all the meta builds and whatever they want to buff/nerf.

This poo poo makes me sad

https://youtu.be/5R5kbOZFHNA

I know I'm not the only one that got a Viper Horror necro as it's a forgiving class and something recommended by many as one of the best ways into T4 fractals and raids. There goes one more non-zerker build

Edit(s!): gently caress embedding in app

zokie fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 22, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the assassin armor sets from gw1 were at least consistent instead of the generally awful mishmash of junk that 2 has

Aug 24, 2011

zokie posted:

Anet already had bots they test the game with, and even the players have access to the DPS test area. Why don't they test all the meta builds and whatever they want to buff/nerf.

I know I'm not the only one that got a Viper Horror necro as it's a forgiving class and something recommended by many as one of the best ways into T4 fractals and raids. There goes one more non-zerker build

if you spend hundreds of gold on a viper set, you can do worse dps!!!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Quitte posted:

EU raid is every monday at 1800 UTC. We usually get 10 people but not all of them are regulars (yet). We will reserve a spot for anyone who ask for it so :getin: before we're full.

Alright!

1800 is a wee bit early for me, we put the kids to bed at 1730ish and sometimes that creeps closer towards 1800. I should be good for 1815 though! Which professions are desired?

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Screw your assassins, I miss my mesmer having pants. :(

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
So Xushin's uncle leaked this internal working document from ArenaNet. Apparently this has always been their broad aim, even if they failed sometimes to achieve it by overlooking certain things. I've heard it is going to be relevant up until the next expansion and quite possibly beyond. Hope this helps.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Viper's necro is still fine

So this event pushed me toward getting my controller set up for maximum farming without killing my hands. At first it was a little wonky, almost cumbersome. However, now that I've tailored it to work with my Guardian, it's laughably effective and makes farming in circles a breeze with no hand cramping from holding down 1 all day.

Action camera, auto targeting off, and right trigger set as a toggle and auto fire for 1. I can do everything except chat, which I don't care about anyway though I did set up a PTT button for voice.

Hello couch, why yes I do believe I will sit here and enjoy bags all weekend.

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 22, 2016

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

endolithic posted:

Screw your assassins, I miss my mesmer having pants. :(

The GW1 talk just makes me sad to think how much better the armor sets were. Caster armor that's not a dress? Medium-type armor that's not a trenchcoat? Unreal!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
The Viper Reaper nerf was necessary for the health of the playerbase in general. Now that there are no low-skill DPS classes, the players that took them previously should start migrating to the fundamentally safer Tank and Healer slots, and the skilled can return to the DPS role, as is the natural order of things.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
All healers have crippling co-dependency issues as well.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

All healers have crippling co-dependency issues as well.

Not so much for the off-healer dps druid builds, which where crippled this patch and don't exist anymore.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Not so much for the off-healer dps druid builds, which where crippled this patch and don't exist anymore.

Tell me more about not feeling useful... *scribbles on notepad*

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Man, pugging T4 fractals has become so much harder after they killed necro. Turns out a lot of people were actually really bad and hid it by playing necro, who knew?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Man, pugging T4 fractals has become so much harder after they killed necro. Turns out a lot of people were actually really bad and hid it by playing necro, who knew?

Most of the pubbie necros that I've seen don't use consumables either, so it's not like they were even mediocre DPS to begin with. Now it's just silly.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

zokie posted:

Viper Necro not being competitive in raids anymore hasn't changed the fact that it's braindead easy and safe to do fractals with it. You'll just take like 30% longer to get your fractals done than you would have before. Nothing has changed about it being incredibly safe and reliable in any situation that doesn't involve an enrage timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ItBurns posted:

Tell me more about not feeling useful... *scribbles on notepad*

Off-healer power druid is dead, condi off-healer druid is too. But the exact same gear used for the condi druid build is used in the actually good cndi ranger build so I'm far from feeling useless.

• Locked thread