Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Krime posted:

Has the #1 goon question been answered/discussed?

Will this fit in jean pockets?

hell yeah they do!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Krime posted:

Has the #1 goon question been answered/discussed?

Will this fit in jean pockets?

Do they make jeans that fit goons?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Speaking of, that full Direct has to be December or January right? We're not getting anything soon I wager.

Emily Rogers mentioned additional info next week or the week after when she was saying this week was gonna be the week, so i'm hoping that'll be a full direct. I mean, they need to generate hype for the launch titles too, right?

If they make a huge deal out of the Splatoon tournaments they're doing they could sorta kickstart the release with some sorta world finals to win Spla2n and officially launch the Switch with it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The fact that docking the Switch makes the screen inaccessible leads me to believe that there's no touch screen. That also leads me to believe that there will either be no miiverse or at least no more kickass miiverse art.

I'm loving pissed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gutcruncher posted:

The fact that docking the Switch makes the screen inaccessible leads me to believe that there's no touch screen. That also leads me to believe that there will either be no miiverse or at least no more kickass miiverse art.

I'm loving pissed.

Wha...? What about that leads you to think there's no touch screen :confused:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Macaluso posted:

Can't really utilize the touchscreen while playing games if it has to account for the tablet being docked and inaccessible. I could see touch options if you're playing on the tablet but only at the system level, and not in games.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The lack of touch and gyro in the trailer is likely to keep the message simple.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That simple message is "we don't have a touch screen"

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

It also means no Mario Maker 2 so I'll be on my way.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's probably going to have a touch screen.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Because docking the tablet completely covers the screen and you're expected to walk away from it and sit on a couch.

I suppose it's not impossible that it has a touchscreen that cannot be used at all in tv mode but that seems like a dumb and confusing thing to do even for Nintendo.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
There is a zero % chance that they are releasing a "tablet" device with no touch screen.

You won't be able to use it while TV-mounted, but you'll be able to play mobile games on it.

We already know Nintendo is porting their mobile games to it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/789289178684981248

:(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If you bring your Nintendo to my rooftop BBQ, consider your invite revoked.

Look, if you're friends with Gadget Lisa, you should know what to expect.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

2 (if that) months of more radio silence is fun. Also not answering a Yes or No about region locking now is dumb.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Oh god how often is the tablet going to slip out of the controller grips, smashing to the concrete below.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bass Bottles posted:

There is a zero % chance that they are releasing a "tablet" device with no touch screen.

You won't be able to use it while TV-mounted, but you'll be able to play mobile games on it.

We already know Nintendo is porting their mobile games to it.

They show you gaming with that dog-ear thing when you're at home and docked, though, and that doesn't appear to have a touchscreen. It could have something kinda like the PS4 touchpad I guess... or some games could just require you to hold the portable not docked? I dunno. Could mean its not a touchscreen.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It will be a capacitive touchscreen and you will be able to get that new Mario iPhone game on it and more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh god how often is the tablet going to slip out of the controller grips, smashing to the concrete below.

Never? Unless you break the click-in grips I guess.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

2 (if that) months of more radio silence is fun. Also not answering a Yes or No about region locking now is dumb.

deep in your heart you already know what the answer to region locking is

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Never? Unless you break the click-in grips I guess.

These loving JAPANESE RETARDS at nintendo named this poo poo the Wii Bloop and expect me to hold a pile of marbles? This will never sell

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Brother Entropy posted:

deep in your heart you already know what the answer to region locking is

blah blah blah iwata rolling in his grave blah blah blah slap to the face, etc.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm having a rooftop barbecue and you're only allowed to come if you bring your Nintendo Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That sucks but I guess it's understandable from a business perspective since Nintendo wants to push a few more 3DS and Wii Us for Xmas.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

It will be a capacitive touchscreen and you will be able to get that new Mario iPhone game on it and more.

Wild West dating sim!

Red Dead Raconteur.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Much like Sony and Microsoft have now found their niche and will just release consoles with better hardware every couple years, is this what we can expect from Nintendo moving forward now? It does seem like the last few years Nintendo has been trying to find their niche and this console seems like a culmination of their other efforts. I can't really see them ever going back to a console/DS sort of setup ever again which honestly I'm perfectly OK with

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's going to have a capacitive touch screen. The same people who have leaked everything else reliably say it will. It's going to be a system level function and not really used often in gameplay.

But if you got the Switch out you are going to be able to use the touchscreen for menu navigation, typing and stuff.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm having a rooftop barbecue and you're only allowed to come if you bring your Nintendo Switch.

I gotta Vita

Can you just chuck me a warm beer across the street or something

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Just as a counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/789120617404432384

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/789154491585204224

Both of these people have been pretty trustworthy before, but ultimately we'll have to wait and see.

Also yes this thing absolutely has a touchscreen. Apparently it won't be required for any games, but you can use it for menu selection, some apps, etc.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wait, so no more info until Jan and the thing releases two months later?

And goddamn was the original DS ugly

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
However region locking ends up, console wide like current Nintendo or dev choice like Sony, I imagine Nintendo is still locking all of their games because why wouldn't they. From their point of view they release in every region they want to and anybody wanting another region's version is either messing with currency or a weirdo who'd buy another console anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

InFlames235 posted:

Much like Sony and Microsoft have now found their niche and will just release consoles with better hardware every couple years, is this what we can expect from Nintendo moving forward now? It does seem like the last few years Nintendo has been trying to find their niche and this console seems like a culmination of their other efforts. I can't really see them ever going back to a console/DS sort of setup ever again which honestly I'm perfectly OK with

They took everyone's advice to heart, Nintendo will stop making consoles and will now make A console.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They took everyone's advice to heart, Nintendo will stop making consoles and will now make A console.

soon we will all play The Game on The Console

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is going to own

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

this is going to own

I'm going to own (the Nintendo Switch video game console)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

this is going to own

:eonwe: yeah :eonwe:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Agreed

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Calaveron posted:

Wait, so no more info until Jan and the thing releases two months later?

And goddamn was the original DS ugly

From Laura Kate Dale's Twitter post I see the end of the month

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Same, but also Breath of the Wild switch, the new Mario, the new Mario Kart, the new Splatoon, whatever Retro Studios is working on, that Pikmin 4 if it's not the 3ds one, and a bunch of the good games we haven't even seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I would take any leaked specs with a grain of salt since the one claimed Maxwell and the other claimed Pascal, one claimed a camera which was debunked, the other was posted by someone who earlier claimed that there was no Tegra in the final devkits

it's still gonna be underpowered compared to X1/PS4 of course, so dont get your hopes up there either

• Locked thread