Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I decided I don't give a gently caress if I get dry socket, I need to toke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americong
May 29, 2013

reallivedinosaur posted:

first piece of weed :O

dont waste weed with joints is a good first lesson to learn about weed you are on your way

post pics of a "gandalf rear end pipe"

comparisons to a traditional tobacco pipe were a bit superlative

i was originally using the joints to reduce paraphernelia i have to keep around but the harshness + waste got to be too much

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

I decided I don't give a gently caress if I get dry socket, I need to toke.

Don't do it. Dry socket sucks rear end. Also, after your break your first toke will kick rear end.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Just make edibles, that's what I did. Google weed firecrackers if you don't know about them, they take 40 mins to make. Make sure to find a guide that tells you how to decarb your weed first

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

Just make edibles, that's what I did. Google weed firecrackers if you don't know about them, they take 40 mins to make. Make sure to find a guide that tells you how to decarb your weed first

I would do this but my gums are not yet at the point where I can eat solid foods, I might be able to eat straight up cannabutter though

americong
May 29, 2013

make cannabutter and dissolve it in the fatty drink of your choice

a personal favorite is abv in ice cream

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I once used a pill packer to make cannabutter capsules. It worked well but was messy as heck and I feel like too much was wasted. Still, you could pop those suckers in your mouth and down them no problem.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

a bone to pick posted:

I would do this but my gums are not yet at the point where I can eat solid foods, I might be able to eat straight up cannabutter though

Just kinda mush them up with your front teeth and wash it down with a drink like an old man. I mean surely you can find a way to get some crackers and nutella into your stomach without chewing?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Empty quote this if you like weed

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron posted:

americong
May 29, 2013

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Weed. I like it very much.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
cookie pros: these are tasty cookies

cons: hunger for cookies grows exponentially with cookie consumption

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
if you smoke weed you will realize we all live on a dumb rock and nothing matters and then your life will own and then you will die

americong
May 29, 2013

reallivedinosaur posted:

cookie pros: these are tasty cookies

cons: hunger for cookies grows exponentially with cookie consumption

it is not good, to do all the weed at once

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

americong posted:

sure it is, its the best

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

if you smoke weed you will realize we all live on a dumb rock and nothing matters and then your life will own and then you will die
Actually if you smoke weed you will realize we live on a beautiful rock and every single action we take is necessary, like a cog in a machine, to play out the drama that was set fourth when the boundary conditions of the universe were established.

americong
May 29, 2013

reallivedinosaur posted:

sure it is, its the best

if i smoke more than like .2 g at a time i'm couchlocked and possibly having visual hallucinations

which is, not always the best

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

americong posted:

if i smoke more than like .2 g at a time i'm couchlocked and possibly having visual hallucinations

which is, not always the best

it will teach you experiences like a native vision quest but without cultural appropration

i guess ive eaten maybe a gram or two equivelant of weed?

how do you do the math on weed cookies?

i dont got any parameters here i eyeballed the recipe like a true pro

americong
May 29, 2013

reallivedinosaur posted:

it will teach you experiences like a native vision quest but without cultural appropration

i guess ive eaten maybe a gram or two equivelant of weed?

how do you do the math on weed cookies?

i dont got any parameters here i eyeballed the recipe like a true pro

idk but i'm on my fifth or so comfortable portion from this gram bag, it isn't halfway done, and it's been uncomfortably high sometimes

back when i was starting i had some very revelatory experiences, but i also watched a lot of ww2 movies and looked at the pretty colors appearing on the ceiling

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i am going to smoke weed to get a baseline

piling some kief on the bowl to get a really proper baseline

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
:ssh: i got a joint in my work bag that i'm gonna smoke while waiting for my train home tonight. :ninja:

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
edibles are best

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
smoked a bowl in the new house, always good to break in a new dwelling

weve been daily driving glass blunts for about a month now and boy howdy i think they are my favorite non-water pipe

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

dry socket is one of the worst feelings a human being can experience, IMO, so I would not risk it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
when i got my wisdom teeth out they warned me of dry sockets but i smoked anyway cause i was a dumb teenager and everything was fine no dry socket however it doesnt seem like a good idea certainly ymmv ianal yolo

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's not so bad to quit for a week. You'll probably lose a pound or 2 and your first smoke after that will be da bomb. Not like when you take a month break, but still pretty good. It's a win win all around.

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

:feelsgood:

El Laucha fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 14, 2018

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

El Laucha posted:

This year was the first time I grew my own plants.

Learned a lot, had a lot of fun, and now I have a lot of weed to share. Been smoking up everyone I know who smokes, also making a lot of edibles.

:feelsgood:

Isn't that illegal?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
no its legal in lots of places now you should pay attention

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I just got back from a week in Denver and I gotta say it was pretty great. I took it easy the first day because of all the horror stories, but it's really not that big a deal. By the 3rd day I was scarfing edibles and taking dabs all day. IMO with the weed I bought, it wasn't so much "holy poo poo this weed is 1000x better than back home" as much as "ok well when this shop tells me it's Sour Diesel I know that's actually what it is, instead of my dealer's supplier tacking a name onto whatever he has to add to the price he charges."

The 2 places I found that allowed me to smoke were pretty hilarious. First off I went to the Crowne Plaza Hotel; if you ride the elevator to the 4th-floor parking garage there's a cute little outdoor space with a couple of couches and ashtrays tucked away in the corner of the lot. First time I went up there, one of the front desk ladies was hanging out smoking a blunt, in uniform, name tag and everything. It was pretty nice. I did end up there once or twice and there was nobody else there, which I mean even if the area is designated for smoking, when you're alone you really just look like a random sketchball toking up in the parking garage.

Second place I went was this head shop on the city outskirts. They use some legal loophole where they don't sell weed, only smoking devices, and therefore can allow their customers to toke indoors. While it was nice to have a spot to sit down and relax while blazing, the decor, cleanliness and clientele were basically exactly what you'd expect: dirty, frat-house-basement-vibe, populated by aging hippies, juggalos and other people who, for whatever reason, choose to smoke alone in a headshop instead of smoking alone in their house/apartment.

I was surprised that people seem to be pretty respectful of the laws; I barely saw anybody smoking in public, and the few people I did see were hitting vape pens with concentrates in them, not walking around puffing huge joints.

It was pretty great overall, although the high altitude did a real number on my alcohol tolerance. Lot of those homeless-by-choice crust-punk white kids though.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i am going to the weed party this weekend in toronto going to smoke some weed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what do you mean by horror stories

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

thathonkey posted:

swamp thing but he's made out of weed

count dabula

rolling paper mummy

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur posted:

no its legal in lots of places now you should pay attention

Not according to the real and legitimate laws, the federal laws.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I've been out for a couple weeks, but a buddy gave me a little nug last night. I am going to smoke it and try to make some art today.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

FedEx Mercury posted:

Not according to the real and legitimate laws, the federal laws.

wow ok British empire

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

swamp thing but he's made out of weed

count dabula

rolling paper mummy

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i always kind of wanted a bigass gandalf pipe but I know I'd never use it

americong posted:

its v possible to get "too high" when you're smoking space weed from the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

thathonkey posted:

People who eat a whole chocolate bar or smoke a 1g joint to their face and end up freaking out in the hospital

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/health/colorado-pot-er-visits/

basically it's like how people go nuts and get shitfaced drunk on vacation, except instead of puking your guts out in your hotel bathroom, you end up checking yourself into the ER like you're on a massive acid trip or something

Edibles are the main offender, they can take up to 2 hours to feel the effect so you end up like those poor saps in the Joose thread who took 1 dose, and then 2 more an hour in when they weren't feeling anything, and suddenly 3 doses hit you and you're amnesiac-ordering grand pianos off Amazon or whatever