Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Meanwhile, in Kiwi Blitz, it looks like our protagonist is set to replace yet another part of her body with robot parts!

Of course, given that she was already wearing headphones 24/7, she may not notice the change.

No, that's ok, I wasn't planing to use the non-edge portion of my seat the rest of the week anyway. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's been four years, so here, just in case someone forgot/missed it, here's why what Steffi said is relevant. Part One Part Two Setup, if you want it.

Onean fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 18, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
In lighter Cagle news, both she and Alice and the Nightmare's Mischa have gotten themselves knee deep in The Adventure Zone (A D&D Podcast) and, well, this sort of happened;

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/787910522783924224https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/787926738202308608

It's a little slow to get going but once it hits it's stride Which is about here (Episode 5: Here be Gerblins Part 5) it's pretty drat hard to let go.

Taako is best idiot wizard.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 18, 2016

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Jordan Witt, who did "Scarred for Life", has a new comic about ghost hunting. There are a couple little minis, but maybe start here: http://www.ghosthunterorg.com/comic/the-ghost-dog-000/

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Any love for The Skybox? Kind of an odd one, as each comic is presented as a storyboard-like thing composed of several images. Uses flash and is drawn on a way that characters can almost be seen moving from scene to scene. Each comic needs to be navigated through by using the in-comic arrows, which is a bit of a drawback since it's really not clear and you can end up missing half the story if you use the arrows located under it (which skip to the next scene instead). On the plus side, the effect is quite pretty at times and the art itself is rather good, has a bit of a Disney-feeling to it.

Story wise, it's pretty original, telling the story of a girl caught in a plane crash and who is saved from the fall by a passing creature calling himself a "gryphside" (pretty much a gryph). He goings on to explain the story of the Skybox, the only surface they can ever land in since going down to Earth equals dying for them. The Skybox is pretty much a giant cube in the sky, each of its sides inhabited by a different race of mythological beings with their own idiosyncrasies and personalities. The Skybox peridically blinks out to different, unknown places, condemning them to a life spent flying in search of it.

It isn't that advanced, having run for just under a year by now, so there's plenty of room for development still. The flash thing is a drawback, since for instance it won't run on mobile devices, at least for me, but it is one of the very few comics I have seen where it being "animated" actually adds to the story.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jiru posted:

Any love for The Skybox? Kind of an odd one, as each comic is presented as a storyboard-like thing composed of several images. Uses flash and is drawn on a way that characters can almost be seen moving from scene to scene. Each comic needs to be navigated through by using the in-comic arrows, which is a bit of a drawback since it's really not clear and you can end up missing half the story if you use the arrows located under it (which skip to the next scene instead). On the plus side, the effect is quite pretty at times and the art itself is rather good, has a bit of a Disney-feeling to it.

Story wise, it's pretty original, telling the story of a girl caught in a plane crash and who is saved from the fall by a passing creature calling himself a "gryphside" (pretty much a gryph). He goings on to explain the story of the Skybox, the only surface they can ever land in since going down to Earth equals dying for them. The Skybox is pretty much a giant cube in the sky, each of its sides inhabited by a different race of mythological beings with their own idiosyncrasies and personalities. The Skybox peridically blinks out to different, unknown places, condemning them to a life spent flying in search of it.

It isn't that advanced, having run for just under a year by now, so there's plenty of room for development still. The flash thing is a drawback, since for instance it won't run on mobile devices, at least for me, but it is one of the very few comics I have seen where it being "animated" actually adds to the story.

I dig this a lot but fuuuuck those IM breaks update way too slowly.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Straight White Shark posted:

I dig this a lot but fuuuuck those IM breaks update way too slowly.

They do. However, the author does provide a transcript in the comments, at least for the later ones. I usually just read that.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Octopus Pie :3:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jiru posted:

They do. However, the author does provide a transcript in the comments, at least for the later ones. I usually just read that.

Yeah, it just drives me nuts that the "animated" sequences advance on demand and the text sequences do not.

If this was a conventional comic I dunno that it would really grab me, but the interaction between the story and the way it is told is pretty loving brilliant. It really enhances not just the sense of motion but the feeling of isolation, which is extremely relevant and important to the story.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Zeeman posted:

woah

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Zeeman posted:

Goddamn :3:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Zeeman posted:

huh, October is apparently the month for years-long unadmitted feelings to finally get aired in webcomics

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

Nuns with Guns posted:

huh, October is apparently the month for years-long unadmitted feelings to finally get aired in webcomics

Nothing is more frightening than emotional honesty.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JeeringBaka/status/789114409864011776

Just gonna leave this here

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I really hope loss edits persist beyond the knowledge of the original comic. Like, it's the year 3000 and "I I/ II I_" has become a fundamental aesthetic format like a visual haiku and nobody has any idea what this is supposed to represent, it's just something you do if you're influenced by early 3rd millennium art.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I was gonna ask Burkion why he decided to post the new Nintendo thing here of all places, but yeah, then it dawned on me. Hopefully I can move past this and heal.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's such a lazy way to do it. Use both sides, Photoshop the buttons around, something

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dabir posted:

That's such a lazy way to do it. Use both sides, Photoshop the buttons around, something
https://twitter.com/JeeringBaka/status/789153418862587905

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

has a loss edit ended up in some fancy art show yet

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of CAD, some goon made a video of the end of the Ethan stuff, back in the final mock thread

I've been trying to find it but no luck, and no archives Can some one relink it? It's the one of him pushing the button

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Burkion posted:

Speaking of CAD, some goon made a video of the end of the Ethan stuff, back in the final mock thread

I've been trying to find it but no luck, and no archives Can some one relink it? It's the one of him pushing the button

oh, that's not the one I was thinking of

I was thinking of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know what that one is even better thank you

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
Four years later and the cutaway to that uncanny Link drawing still gets me every loving time.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

AriadneThread posted:

Get in touch with that dude who printed out dragons loving cars pic and put it up in art gallery and tell him about your idea.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Sometimes I miss the old CAD/Dominic Deegan threads but it really was for the best that mock threads stopped being allowed in BSS.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mazerunner posted:

oh, that's not the one I was thinking of

I was thinking of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehC4ZXw9wgc

AriadneThread posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJfYP462ts

Also: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=460595124&forumid=1

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Morbi posted:

Four years later

:stare:

I can't believe it's been like 4.5 years since I started lurking (and 5-6 years since I started lurking the lp subforum)

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 21, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNOU8ExtKC0

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

hadn't seen that one before

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Renaissance Robot posted:

I really hope loss edits persist beyond the knowledge of the original comic. Like, it's the year 3000 and "I I/ II I_" has become a fundamental aesthetic format like a visual haiku and nobody has any idea what this is supposed to represent, it's just something you do if you're influenced by early 3rd millennium art.

In 4040 the future holo-art galleries will all be stunned by a new artist whose sole contribute will be "Webcomics" an abstract piece consisting solely of seven lines in four panels.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Anyone know what's going on with Necropolis? It's been on hiatus since late May (previous update was late February), and their main tumblr doesn't seem to have any more info.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've just assumed that that comic is going to come back when it comes back, or not (though that'd be a shame) and not thought about it since

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Elysiume posted:

Anyone know what's going on with Necropolis? It's been on hiatus since late May (previous update was late February), and their main tumblr doesn't seem to have any more info.

Jake Wyatt works on a lot of professional comic projects... not that his work on Necropolis isn't professional, but like Marvel and BOOM! and a bunch of collaborations on indie projects. He does conventions a lot, too. I'd just assume he's too busy to do the comic and put it in your "check on this in a year to see if it updated" folder or whatever

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kiwi Blitz: So, good news, at worst Steffi is only partially deaf. Bad news, Gear's about three minutes away from making that point moot.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Oct 24, 2016

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The artist formerly known as John Campbell updated their website.

Man, I just don't get "Basic Income Please".

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ConanThe3rd posted:

Kiwi Blitz: So, good news, at worst Steffi is only partially deaf. Bad news, Gear's about three minutes away from making that point moot.

I'm currently expecting the next panel to be Gear taking a bullet from that gun Ben has been toting around

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm currently expecting the next panel to be Gear taking a bullet from that gun Ben has been toting around
I was going to say her getting her back introduced to the HF Blade via the Medium of Ben but I wonder just how far Mary is ACTUALLY willing to go re the gore and violence.

Besides that your idea makes more sense character wise.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's impressive how Kiwi Blitz manages to make its villains threatening because they're dumb and not in spite of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, I think today's Bad Machinery is a great introduction to the tone of the Bobbinsverse.

• Locked thread