Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

china bot posted:

Someone on my Facebook page posted something along the lines of "For once and for all, ADDICTION IS A DISEASE." This is one of the comment threads that followed. Please note that one of the participants was featured on 16 and Pregnant

Idiots on Social Media: I'm addicted to calling people a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Can we all just agree that dreads are the dumbest thing to fight over?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think we all agree dreadlocks are ugly and gross no matter who has them. But we disagree that cultural appropriation matters. Objectively it doesn't since culture is abstract and abstract things are fluid.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

snatch dusted again

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Stairs posted:

White dreadlocks are stupid and gross because unlike black dreadlocks, to get white hair to do that the hair has to be tangled and gross. White hair isn't meant to be loc'd, those are just matted pigtails.

all dreadlocks are gross my dude

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

china bot posted:

Someone on my Facebook page posted something along the lines of "For once and for all, ADDICTION IS A DISEASE." This is one of the comment threads that followed. Please note that one of the participants was featured on 16 and Pregnant

God drat. This guy (?) seems like an enormous dickhead.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Other than maybe the occasional individual, no white culture had dreads for thousands of years (if we even had them, there's little to no evidence of dreadlocks in Europe) until they were brought to light by modern black culture.

Bring back the Polish Plait

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

The only white person with dreads I ever had a relationship with (coworker) told me that the reason I didn't believe in astrology was because I'm a virgo. what

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

"Now let me tell you why black people have failed to advance as a race: They consider anyone who reads or gets good grades to be ''acting white and therefore subject to being ostracized. :colbert:"

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

constantIllusion posted:

"Now let me tell you why black people have failed to advance as a race: They consider anyone who reads or gets good grades to be ''acting white and therefore subject to being ostracized. :colbert:"

No they are just called uncle toms.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Edit: nvm. I shouldnt respond to snatch duster.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

tyblazitar posted:

Is white people with dreads even a thing anymore? I thought that was one of the things that had been mostly ridiculed away, like fedoras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcK0MYgnHjo

Visit Asheville, North Carolina, or Boulder, Colorado.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Scarf posted:

Visit Asheville, North Carolina, or Boulder, Colorado.

no don't

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

porkswordonboard posted:

The only white person with dreads I ever had a relationship with (coworker) told me that the reason I didn't believe in astrology was because I'm a virgo. what

Me too, so I guess it checks out :v:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

porkswordonboard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVvg1CKBE20

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

SPOOKILY A BIRD posted:

lil bit of non-political idiocy pre-debate

Women are trying to abolish the word "bird"

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Here's something that popped up in my feed after a friend commented on it.

There were so many stupid comments to choose from but this exchange really stuck out to me.

Holy poo poo is right :stare:

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
And I know a thing or two about rape. I'm a man.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

belt posted:

And I know a thing or two about rape. I'm a man.

Man, I'm not good at introductions but here I go, I guess, warning because I'll probably have a lot of grammar/spelling errors I'm still working on that and probably because I'm high too. I'm a college student, 21 yrs old. I discover Mgtow when I was a Jr in HS by stumbling upon an article about 50% marriages end up in divorce and then I do some research, learned about mgtow, look up youtube videos, and forums, and that's how I end up here. Now the question that I'm gonna present y'all please have an open-mind when it comes to the religion aspect. Well if you are christian you know when you die you supposedly go to heaven or hell depending if you were good or bad in your lifetime. So my question is wouldn't be interesting to know the male/female ratio population of heaven and hell if they do exist? I'm just gonna make a bold statement and said that there are more man in heaven than women, and in hell there are more women than man. I know the problems this may implied in my statement.I know people die every single day/hr/mins etc..., also I take into account that most likely more man are dead than women because of a lot of wars, but i still believe in that; I know I cant prove it but you cant prove I'm wrong either. Now you may ask why knowing the population of heaven and hell is important or gave a fk about it. Well by knowing it would prove who of the two genders is the one who tends to be more good and the other one tends to be bad. Just look at Eve from Adam and Eve well you know how that turn out; When I read that story the only thing I came with the conclusion was Eve fk up and didn't want to get punished alone so she f*k Adam too and both get the punishment. That just gave me a bad impression of all women overall. Anyways, knowing who of the 2 genders are more likely to go after they die it would make the other gender who gets the short end of the stick behave better when the are alive and not being cnts. also it would be nice if we are able to tell what's the most likely reason why a man or a girl goes to hell; For example the #1 reason why a man would go to hell is because they kill and women #1 reason why they go to hell is because they, cheat, cuck, and backstabbing. Hopefully by knowing that would reduce the chances of people going to hell taking into account the #1 reasons why the would go to hell in the first place and change their behavior man kill less and girls start to comprehend Drake's words "These Hoes Ain't Loyal" and start to cheat, cuck, and back stab less. But unfortunalety I doubt girls would change their behavior. Hey at-least I can remind women every time they being a hoe they most likely going to hell hahaha :D. I finish, I would like to know your opinion about this. Please no female response y'all can keep it where the sun don't shine :D. Ps this :D is a smiley face if y'all didn't know.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

my eyes unfocused trying to read this, yummy word salad

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

DeusExMachinima posted:

I'm really not sure what's going on here.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Women are trying to abolish the word "bird"

Mod???

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Don't you know about the bird?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Bird mod?!

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

LITERALLY A [REDACTED]

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Munchables posted:

LITERALLY A [REDACTED]

tired pre-coffee chuckle

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

a fk about it. Well by knowing it would prove who of the two genders is the one who tends to be more good and the other one tends to be bad. Just look at Eve from Adam and Eve well you know how that turn out; When I read that story the only thing I came with the conclusion was Eve fk up and didn't want to get punished alone so she f*[i]k

:ortiz:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Don't you know about the bird?

Well everybody's heard about the bird!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Who What Now posted:

Well everybody's heard about the bird!

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

What's this from?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

dads_work_files posted:

What's this from?

"I Dinosauri Antropomorfi Hanno il Sangue Nel Ritmo"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

dads_work_files posted:

What's this from?

The trash

-men. It's Surfin' Bird by the Trashmen.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Now the question that I'm gonna present y'all please have an open-mind when it comes to the religion aspect. Well if you are christian you know when you die you supposedly go to heaven or hell depending if you were good or bad in your lifetime. So my question is wouldn't be interesting to know the male/female ratio population of heaven and hell if they do exist?
. . . .

Anyways, knowing who of the 2 genders are more likely to go after they die it would make the other gender who gets the short end of the stick behave better when the are alive and not being c[/i]nts. also it would be nice if we are able to tell what's the most likely reason why a man or a girl goes to hell; For example the #1 reason why a man would go to hell is because they kill and women #1 reason why they go to hell is because they, cheat, cuck, and backstabbing. Hopefully by knowing that would reduce the chances of people going to hell taking into account the #1 reasons why the would go to hell in the first place and change their behavior man kill less and girls start to comprehend Drake's words "These Hoes Ain't Loyal" and start to cheat, cuck, and back stab less.

. . .
Please no female response y'all can keep it where the sun don't shine :D. Ps this :D is a smiley face if y'all didn't know.

I wish to highlight these segments from that gem of modern discussion.

IoSM: Ps this :D is a smiley face if y'all didn't know.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Is Yahoo Answers social media? I sure hope so because I really want to post this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SPOOKILY A BIRD posted:

Is Yahoo Answers social media? I sure hope so because I really want to post this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg

I maintained my composure until "pregnart".

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Starch marks got me

Also, my family keeps posting crazy trump poo poo and I legit can't tell where the conspiracy theory stuff ends and begins anymore and it seems like the stuff they cite doesn't even prove anything they're claiming it proves and aaaaaaaaa

Is any of this true, is there an ounce of truth here that they've extrapolated and twisted into that big mess, or what

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

CommonShore posted:

Has anyone who actually understands cultural appropriation as a concept ever actually sad that, anyway?
http://thetab.com/2016/04/05/isnt-ok-white-people-dreadlocks-83996

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Is any of this true, is there an ounce of truth here that they've extrapolated and twisted into that big mess, or what

From what I can parse, Ambassador Stevens may have been at least aware that Syrian rebels were acquiring arms like shoulder-fired anti-air missiles (not necessarily American Stingers, but stuff like Russian SA-7s that you can find just about anywhere in conflict zones) from the toppled Gaddafi government's stocks. The CIA may or may not have been involved in the Syrian rebels getting these missiles.

That's about it. The rest is a bunch of crazy extrapolation ("Stevens may have known about the Syrians getting AA missiles from Libya, therefore he must have been buying back CIA-supplied Stingers!) or things that straight up didn't happen: the mysteriously July 25th 2012 Chinook being hit by an unarmed Stinger has no sources except conspiracy theorist websites. This incident never could have been traced to the CIA, by the way, because you don't arm Stinger missiles. They're disposable launchers that come with the missiles sealed into their launch tubes. You do have to go through procedures to prepare the launcher and acquire a lock, but you never once touch the missile to arm it (unlike RPG-7s, where there is a safety cap on the rocket that has to be removed to allow it to detonate). This is the entire preparation process:

quote:

Note: The Stinger should only be fired from a standing position. When firing, place your left foot forward and lean forward slightly. Do not fire at an angle greater than 65 degrees.

The BCU becomes extremely hot 3 minutes after activating and will be too hot to touch for 30 minutes. Do not discard it into dry brush, grass, or any other flammable materials. Only handle the BCU by the plastic cap on the bottom.

1) Remove the BCU receptacle cap by twisting it counterclockwise and pick up a BCU. Check that the heat indicator on the bottom of the BCU is pink and insert it into the receptacle in front of the pistol grip and turn it clockwise until it locks into place.
2) Unfold the antenna and check for damage.
3) Remove the front-end cap with your left hand.
4) Flip up the sight assembly.
5) Keep your target in the upper-range ring circle while tracking.
6) Press the safety and actuator device forward and down until it clicks.
7) For 3-5 seconds, the weapon begins to warm up. When you hear the gyro spinning, the weapon is ready.
8) Listen for the acquisition tone, then hold down the uncaging switch with your left thumb. If target acquisition is lost (the tone will get quieter), release the uncaging switch, acquire the target again, and hold the switch again. The tone should get louder and steadier.
9) Elevate the Stinger about 10 degrees to compensate for gravity and place the target in the center, left, or right reticle on the sight depending on which direction the target is moving (you want to lead the target).
10) When firing, hold the trigger and uncaging switch for three seconds after firing, then release.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Well, when I woke up this morning I didnt expect to learn how to operate a stinger. Life long learning I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Thatim posted:

Well, when I woke up this morning I didnt expect to learn how to operate a stinger. Life long learning I guess?

You mean you didn't know already?